Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70748
biomed162865
Yssup Rider60543
gman4453253
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48519
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42040
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36410
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 08-25-2012, 10:38 PM   #1
TheAntichrist666
Valued Poster

Encounters: 118
Unhappy I voted for Obama...how do I redeem myself?

I'm ashamed of what I did. I drank the campaign kool-aid and believed that this guy was for real or sincere and that he was going to really change things for the better. Four years later, I feel betrayed and regret having believed such nonsense. I feel like I let down my beloved country by voting for this phony politician. I love America with all of my heart and I will give my life for her anytime. I feel like I let America down and all of my fellow countrymen...how can I redeem myself?

Right now I'm a Libertarian and I admire Ron Paul. I won't let my country down ever again, I will not be fooled ever again.
TheAntichrist666 is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:51 PM   #2
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I forgive you. I almost fell for it myself. I voted Libertarian, but thought when Obama was elected, that maybe he would be who he said he was. Maybe he would follow through with his campaign promises, so I was excited like many others were.

He let us all down. He lied to us, like every other politician who has attained high office.

Just continue to vote your conscience. That is what the vote is for.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:58 PM   #3
LovingKayla
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 50897
My ECCIE Reviews

Obama is the best thing that could have woke us up. Without him, millions would have stayed asleep. We are seriously holding the line for the democrats that don't know. We know you don't know but we thank Mr AntiChrist for the conversion. I'm sure that statement is just terrible on so many levels, but you get my thought.
LovingKayla is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:16 PM   #4
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

But there are so many who vote for him again just to prove to themselves that they didn't make a mistake the first time.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:50 PM   #5
Sami
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 9489
My ECCIE Reviews

Absolutely Agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
I forgive you. I almost fell for it myself. I voted Libertarian, but thought when Obama was elected, that maybe he would be who he said he was. Maybe he would follow through with his campaign promises, so I was excited like many others were.

He let us all down. He lied to us, like every other politician who has attained high office.

Just continue to vote your conscience. That is what the vote is for.
Sami is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:50 PM   #6
NiceGuy53
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

There is a bumper sticker which reads "If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you weren't a racist, vote for someone else in 2012 to prove your not an idiot".

http://www.datalounge.com/cgi-bin/io...hread,11056595
NiceGuy53 is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:34 AM   #7
UB9IB6
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAntichrist666 View Post
I'm ashamed of what I did. I drank the campaign kool-aid and believed that this guy was for real or sincere and that he was going to really change things for the better. Four years later, I feel betrayed and regret having believed such nonsense. I feel like I let down my beloved country by voting for this phony politician. I love America with all of my heart and I will give my life for her anytime. I feel like I let America down and all of my fellow countrymen...how can I redeem myself?

Right now I'm a Libertarian and I admire Ron Paul. I won't let my country down ever again, I will not be fooled ever again.
You were right the first time.
What happened was obstruction.
Say your car breaks down on the road.
You tell your wife and kids it'll be ok.. You'll just push it out of
traffic. They believe you. Your going to change the situation.
Then you get out of your car and begin to push .. Ya know . To keep your promise. Then it gets hard to push... You look to the front of the vehicle and notice that there are 200 men pushing against
You ... One guy has his foot on the brake and all the other "pusher backs"
Are screaming at your family that you're a failure and you have made the situation worse.... When in fact, if they'd take the foot of the brake and helped push the situation could be remedied .
Obstruction is responsible for promises not lived up to. IMO .
UB9IB6 is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:39 AM   #8
UB9IB6
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingKayla View Post
Obama is the best thing that could have woke us up. Without him, millions would have stayed asleep. We are seriously holding the line for the democrats that don't know. We know you don't know but we thank Mr AntiChrist for the conversion. I'm sure that statement is just terrible on so many levels, but you get my thought.
Repukes weren't sleeping last go round. They were just dumb.
Palin.... Now RobMe. If McCain had chosen a different bumbling
mate... My vote would have gone to McCain .
Repukes weren't sleeping 2 go rounds past when they sunk Kerry and elected
Rove.... Sorry, Bush.
I don't think there has been any sleeping ... Just the pills.
UB9IB6 is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:17 AM   #9
TheAntichrist666
Valued Poster

Encounters: 118

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I will not fail ever again.
TheAntichrist666 is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:05 AM   #10
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Most people are vulnerable to demogogues like Obama because they don't follow politics closely. You can't blame them for that; they have lives. They're trying to make a living; they have children to raise, aging parents to take of, etc.

Obama knows that a majority of people can be fooled with a nice smile, a pleasant demeanor and a promise of hope and change. Obama's nomination acceptance speech four years ago was so middle of the road, a Republican could have given it.

Hopefully, there will be enough people that were fooled by Obama and realize it, to vote him out of office. It's like the old saying: fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice shame on me.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:14 AM   #11
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAntichrist666 View Post

I would cut your nuts off with a dull knife if you feel this much remorse.Or are you sucking up to the right wingers ???
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:08 AM   #12
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

I didn't vote for Obama; and I didn't fall for his BS...It was obvious he was an extremist. Anybody who actually followed the campgain at the time should have been aware.

There is no excuse for your dumb decision AntiChrist. That said, in November vote for Romney and Cruz; then vote Libertarian for the remaining.

Do that, and you might find redemption for getting hustled by the Hustler-In-Chief.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:10 AM   #13
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Sorry to disagree; I don't feel sorry for the marks that get taken in a 3-card monte game and I don't give any slack to the independent voters (and RINOs) who voted for Obama in 2008. They were hustled, they should have known better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
Most people are vulnerable to demogogues like Obama because they don't follow politics closely. You can't blame them for that; they have lives. They're trying to make a living; they have children to raise, aging parents to take of, etc.

Obama knows that a majority of people can be fooled with a nice smile, a pleasant demeanor and a promise of hope and change. Obama's nomination acceptance speech four years ago was so middle of the road, a Republican could have given it.

Hopefully, there will be enough people that were fooled by Obama and realize it, to vote him out of office. It's like the old saying: fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice shame on me.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:13 AM   #14
joe bloe
Valued Poster

I can't be too judgemental on this issue. I voted for Perot!
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:38 AM   #15
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
I didn't vote for Obama; and I didn't fall for his BS...It was obvious he was an extremist. Anybody who actually followed the campgain at the time should have been aware.

There is no excuse for your dumb decision AntiChrist. That said, in November vote for Romney and Cruz; then vote Libertarian for the remaining.

Do that, and you might find redemption for getting hustled by the Hustler-In-Chief.

It must make you feel good your smugness to have voted your ticket.It would have not made any diff who the dems had run you would have voted your ticket...
i'va biggen is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women