Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
test
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70761
biomed162989
Yssup Rider60642
gman4453274
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48582
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42257
CryptKicker37200
The_Waco_Kid36646
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 02-23-2011, 03:31 AM   #1
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11
Default Blame Obama for the gub'ment shutdown

I know you're going to blame Democrats for the government shutdown in March. I just want you to hear why you blame them. Who are you going to blame more; Obama? Reid? Pelosi?

Or is it too early for you guys to get outraged? Do you have to wait until Fox tells you to get outraged? Or do you wait for Rush to get you worked up? Ummm...just pretend my post box on here is a miniature version of Glenn Beck's chalkboard...maybe that'll do it.
Longermonger is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:21 AM   #2
Guest052813-01
Account Disabled

Encounters: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longermonger View Post
I know you're going to blame Democrats for the government shutdown in March. I just want you to hear why you blame them. Who are you going to blame more; Obama? Reid? Pelosi?
I'll blame them all equally. And then I'll thank them all equally. The best thing that could happen is having the government shut down. The less the government does, the better it is for all of us.
Guest052813-01 is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:25 AM   #3
john_galt
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Outraged? Why so negative? This is sublime political Kabuki theater. Yes, the democrats have been cast as the clowns so far or the black hats if violence breaks out. Unfortunately violence is likely with some dems calling for violence with the unions. http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...when-necessary. You know there was an election and the Governor ran on cutting the power of the public unions down so he is doing exactly what he was elected to do. Too bad Obama can't do the same. Oh, Reid is too busy worrying about prostitution in Nevada (why doesn't that make Longer's head explode) to care about the government and Pelosi has no power. http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2011...thel-industry/
john_galt is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:59 PM   #4
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritz3552 View Post
The best thing that could happen is having the government shut down. The less the government does, the better it is for all of us.
Just remember that you typed that while the government was protecting your ass from a thousand ills. You posted it on the Internet that the government created. In fact the only reason you were able to live long enough to post it is because that government made sure you had clean water, safe food, and an education from a public school. To me, you sound like an ungrateful child...not a citizen.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:40 PM   #5
Guest052813-01
Account Disabled

Encounters: 16

Quote:
Just remember that you typed that while the government was protecting your ass from a thousand ills. You posted it on the Internet that the government created. In fact the only reason you were able to live long enough to post it is because that government made sure you had clean water, safe food, and an education from a public school. To me, you sound like an ungrateful child...not a citizen.
And you sound like a shit-stirrer, not a thoughtful respondent. It was Thomas Paine who wrote, in Common Sense, "That government is best that governs least", which was also attributed to Henry Daivd Thoreau in Civil Disobedience. I'll say it again, the less that the government does, the better off we all are. Keeping us safe from enemies, foreign and domestic, keeping the parks clean and maintained are the things that government does well. When the government tries to introduce social engineering or confiscate your wealth, that's when it's time to kiss your liberties good-bye.
Guest052813-01 is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:29 PM   #6
Cheaper2buyit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Look as always I don,t have all the good links & info you guys have however intill repubs start taking from the rich & stop fucking the masses then shit will always be fucked. I like poor people they do things I wont. I mean theres not anything I will do for 8 a hour. And as for as taxes thats what a cpa is for. I hate states taxes & fees. Hate taxes donate stuff thats why the rich do it.
Cheaper2buyit is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:15 AM   #7
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritz3552 View Post
And you sound like a shit-stirrer, not a thoughtful respondent. It was Thomas Paine who wrote, in Common Sense, "That government is best that governs least", which was also attributed to Henry Daivd Thoreau in Civil Disobedience. I'll say it again, the less that the government does, the better off we all are. Keeping us safe from enemies, foreign and domestic, keeping the parks clean and maintained are the things that government does well. When the government tries to introduce social engineering or confiscate your wealth, that's when it's time to kiss your liberties good-bye.
Oh, I guess you didn't really mean least when you excluded the $664 Billion per year defense budget.

I'm guessing the "social engineering" part is Social Security for old people so they don't die while begging in the street. Go tell the Greatest Generation you want to get rid of their Cadillac plan. Talk about your death panels...geez.

Is "confiscate your wealth" just plain taxes? It sounds like taxes. I know you guys hate taxes. You know the 16th Amendment allows Congress to "confiscate your wealth" as taxes, right? Why do you hate the Constitution of the United States?

Oh, and I checked out the Paine quote. He didn't say that and it wasn't in Common Sense. Nice try! Ahhh...summer soldiers and sunshine patriots...

Even if you just stand by the Thoreau quote, you've got to admit that we've come a long way since 1849. Heck! That 16th Amendment wasn't around until 1913. It's almost like the government has gotten better...

"I ask for, not at once no government, but at once a better government"– the direction of this improvement aims at anarchism"

I HEARTILY ACCEPT the motto, — "That government is best which governs least"; and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically. Carried out, it finally amounts to this, which also I believe, — "That government is best which governs not at all"; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have.

That's the full quote. You'll note that it is progressive and conditional. It sort of sickens me that you twisted a quote about civil disobedience around like that. Civil disobedience is what Democrats are doing in Wisconsin. Yet your (mis)use of the quote makes it a tool for the Tea Party counter-protestors in Wisconsin. Tsk, tsk!
Old 02-24-2011, 01:10 PM   #8
KCJoe
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

From Shep Smith of Fox News:

On Wednesday's "Studio B," Shepard Smith said the battle over union rights in Wisconsin was all about busting unions and securing Republican political power, not about the state's budget deficit.
It was a take that placed Smith squarely in agreement with people such as Rachel Maddow, who has repeatedly argued essentially the same thing on her show.
Speaking to a mostly-in-agreement Juan Williams, Smith said the fight was "100 percent politics."
"There is no budget crisis in Wisconsin," he said, adding that the unions "[have] given concessions." The real point of the fight, Smith said, could be found in the list of the top ten donors to political campaigns. Seven out of the ten donated to Republicans; the other three were unions donating to Democrats.
"Bust the unions, and it's over," Smith said. He then brought up the Koch brothers, the billionaires who have bankrolled much of the anti-union pushback in Wisconsin. The fight, Smith said, "started" with the Kochs, who he said were trying to get a return on the money they donated to Walker's campaign.
"I'm not taking a side on this, I'm just telling you what's going on...to pretend this is about a fiscal crisis in the state of Wisconsin is malarkey," Smith said.
KCJoe is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:52 PM   #9
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Yeah. I saw that video. I fear for Shep's life. I hope he doesn't commit suicide while having a heart attack on a small plane during an ice storm.

Maddow (badass cool chick that she is) just did her show from the Free State Brewery in Lawrence, KS last night.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:15 PM   #10
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Oh, I guess you didn't really mean least when you excluded the $664 Billion per year defense budget. We'd save tons of money if we let military professionals manage the Defense department, instead of funding it through earmarks and special interest legislation. Both parties guilty.

I'm guessing the "social engineering" part is Social Security for old people so they don't die while begging in the street. Go tell the Greatest Generation you want to get rid of their Cadillac plan. Talk about your death panels...geez. Good lord, Longer. So it is only because of government that people aren't lying in the streets dying of starvation. I thought a humanist like you would have a better opinion of humanity. People would only be kind if the government forces them?

Is "confiscate your wealth" just plain taxes? It sounds like taxes. I know you guys hate taxes. You know the 16th Amendment allows Congress to "confiscate your wealth" as taxes, right? Why do you hate the Constitution of the United States? No, when the government can draw guns, and force you to turn over something which belongs to you is not taxation, it is tyranny. The Constitution was fine until the 16th Amendment was enacted. It will be fine again when the 16th Amendment is repealed.

Oh, and I checked out the Paine quote. He didn't say that and it wasn't in Common Sense. Nice try! Ahhh...summer soldiers and sunshine patriots...

Even if you just stand by the Thoreau quote, you've got to admit that we've come a long way since 1849. Heck! That 16th Amendment wasn't around until 1913. It's almost like the government has gotten better...

"I ask for, not at once no government, but at once a better government"– the direction of this improvement aims at anarchism"

I HEARTILY ACCEPT the motto, — "That government is best which governs least"; and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically. Carried out, it finally amounts to this, which also I believe, — "That government is best which governs not at all"; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have.

That's the full quote. You'll note that it is progressive and conditional. It sort of sickens me that you twisted a quote about civil disobedience around like that. Civil disobedience is what Democrats are doing in Wisconsin. Yet your (mis)use of the quote makes it a tool for the Tea Party counter-protestors in Wisconsin. Tsk, tsk!
No, civil disobedience is when the citizens use peaceful means to protest government action. When lawmakers flee to avoid their duty and thwart the will of those who elected them, it is called "cowardice." And "pandering to donors."

Longer, you crack me up. Keep up with your game. It's a lot of fun.

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:47 AM   #11
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
No, civil disobedience is when the citizens use peaceful means to protest government action. When lawmakers flee to avoid their duty and thwart the will of those who elected them, it is called "cowardice." And "pandering to donors."
Lawmakers are citizens. What they've done is a peaceful act to protest government abuse. And yes, it is abuse. Walker is using the power of his office to pursue a political goal, not a budgetary goal.

You really need to tone down what you're saying about state lawmakers that go out of state to prevent a quorum. Because I will repeat them back to you verbatim when Republicans eventually do it in the future.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:32 AM   #12
deacon
Valued Poster

Old 02-26-2011, 10:12 PM   #13
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Longer, what makes you think I'm a Republican? If Republicans pull this kind of stunt, they are cowards and panderers too.

I am NOT a Republican! I love liberty, and will stand against all attempts to limit it whether from the Republicans, Democrats, Whigs or anyone else.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:40 AM   #14
Guest010418
Account Disabled

Encounters: 50

I thought KCJoes' comments were interesting. The Koch Klan certainly is devious.
Guest010418 is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:33 AM   #15
lacrew_2000
Account Disabled

Encounters: 36

"when Republicans eventually do it in the future."

The Republicans have already tried this, twenty years ago in the Senate. The democrat leadership had them hunted down like dogs, literally forcibly carrying one senator into the chamber to get a quorum.

And BTW, the Democrats tried it in TX not too long ago, to prevent re-districting.

Its not a new or original idea...yet this seems to be the first time it has been championed as some movement akin to the civil rights act.
lacrew_2000 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women