Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > Coed Discussions - Dallas
test
Coed Discussions - Dallas Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70708
biomed162527
Yssup Rider60361
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48437
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41505
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35872
Mojojo33117

Old 06-15-2016, 08:39 AM   #1
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default "Won't Someone Take My Blood?"

http://titsandsass.com/wont-someone-...ts+and+Sass%29

So over the years, I've been tempted to give blood because I have a relatively rare blood type. Let me change that sentence meaning a little bit. Not sure if it's THAT rare but I'm a universal donor (not sure if that actually exists but I was told that once).

But I cannot, honestly, answer the questions that the techs ask of me. "Have you had sex with a man that has had sex with men?" Ahhh ... probably.

"Have you ever had sex for money?" Well, bingo!

Tits and Sass presented an interesting article (that is sited above) discussing the donating of blood from sex workers and also, the LGBT community of people.

I think that this could be an exceptionally interesting discussion.

Thoughts?

Do you believe that healthy people (like me) should NOT be allowed to donate blood because of their profession or sexual orientation?

Warmest hugs,
Elisabeth
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:05 AM   #2
Kayleehotchick
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 5454
My ECCIE Reviews

This is going to be a interesting thread.
Kayleehotchick is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:10 AM   #3
needingmilking
Valued Poster

Encounters: 86

Oh boy...
needingmilking is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:13 AM   #4
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayleehotchick View Post
This is going to be a interesting thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by needingmilking View Post
Oh boy...
I know, right?

I figured it would go REALLY south, quickly. Or the topic might provide some interesting insight.

Or, the topic will be totally ignored. Which is a type of comment on its own.

I wonder what the Dallas mods are thinking right now as they consider the possibilities?

Anyway, I won't ask the the topic be closed. Not yet, anyway. Maybe someone will come along and make some comment that will be germane and not TOO inflammatory. ha

Hugs,
Liz
Old 06-15-2016, 09:18 AM   #5
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

The last 2 paragraphs of the article:

Every unit of American blood donated goes through 13 tests before being used for transfusions, 10 of which are for infectious diseases including HIV and Hepatitis C. The National Institute of Health finds that advances in donor education and testing have lowered HIV transmission risk from transfusion from 1 in 1.5 million to 1 in 2 million blood units. All donated blood is also subject to a rigorous RNA test which essentially detects HIV at the time of infection.

The American public is not endangered by our trans and queer blood. But people in desperate medical need, like the victims of the Pulse nightclub shooting, can be hurt by the fact that blood banks turn so many perfectly healthy donors away. The FDA’s discrimination against so many groups of LGBTQ people is simply one end of a spectrum of transmisogyny, homophobia, and transphobia which culminates in the murderous hatred of the Orlando shooter.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:23 AM   #6
Guest092216
Account Disabled

User ID: 144244
My ECCIE Reviews

I give blood regularly. Fuck their questions. They have to ask them for legal reasons but in the end they have to test and screen every drop of blood they receive as if the person who donated it just left their secret life in Thailand where they lived as a TG juicy bar girl.

If everyone told the truth on those questionaires there would be a severe blood shortage.
Guest092216 is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:23 AM   #7
needingmilking
Valued Poster

We are in a very high risk group for hep, why would we want to donate if chances are our blood will have issues?
Just the waste of money and resources makes the point mute.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:24 AM   #8
needingmilking
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by THN View Post
I give blood regularly. Fuck their questions. They have to ask them for legal reasons but in the end they have to test and screen every drop of blood they receive as if the person who donated it just left their secret life in Thailand where they lived as a TG juicy bar girl.
EXACTLY! Why waste person hours and money in a high risk group?
Old 06-15-2016, 09:25 AM   #9
FunInDFW
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24

I think/feel this boils down to something really black and white. Do you think you are fit to give blood and do so in good conscience? Yes - give blood. No - don't give blood.

Granted, this doesn't particularly affect me as I'm the opposite spectrum for blood transfusions; but this is how I see these questions being asked or presented on a form.
FunInDFW is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:26 AM   #10
Guest092216
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by needingmilking View Post
EXACTLY! Why waste person hours and money in a high risk group?

It's a waste of time asking the questions. Just get the blood and run the tests.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:31 AM   #11
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Interesting answers, already.

I was hoping that you would chime in, THN!!!

The question isn't being presented because I have, personally, an overwhelming need to be a blood donor. Saw the article and thought it would be a great topic!

Isn't this topic is a bit more interesting, and provocative, than another one asking who has the biggest clit or the most fluffy breasts, etc.?

Discussion of such vital issues are important for us to go forward as a community, which is really only a microcosm of the whole.

Thanks for the comments thus far!!!
Old 06-15-2016, 09:34 AM   #12
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunInDFW View Post
I think/feel this boils down to something really black and white. Do you think you are fit to give blood and do so in good conscience? Yes - give blood. No - don't give blood.

Granted, this doesn't particularly affect me as I'm the opposite spectrum for blood transfusions; but this is how I see these questions being asked or presented on a form.
Good answer. Have to follow your conscious. Agreed.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:39 AM   #13
TheEccie214
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Great thread. I get tested but am afraid to donate blood due to I've barebacked a few times here and I'm worried of how they report if you have issues. Don't need the SO seeing a letter in the mail.
TheEccie214 is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:48 AM   #14
Guest092216
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEccie214 View Post
Great thread. I get tested but am afraid to donate blood due to I've barebacked a few times here and I'm worried of how they report if you have issues. Don't need the SO seeing a letter in the mail.

They would call you and bring you in. There's a formal and documented process of notifying someone that they are HIV positive. Regardless of how or where your blood is tested.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:51 AM   #15
oldbutstillgoing
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 5

Testing the blood equals money and resources that could be better used. The simple reality is all of us, especially the providers are in a higher risk group. Why waste resources and time on a high risk group? As a big picture thing, perfectly understandable.

I don't see this as bias against anyone. If blood will save my life, I don't care who gave it.
oldbutstillgoing is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women