Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
test
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70762
biomed163024
Yssup Rider60667
gman4453278
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48597
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42375
CryptKicker37204
The_Waco_Kid36780
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 01-15-2022, 08:39 PM   #1
onawbtngr546
Premium Access

Encounters: 55
Default Breakfast/Lunch diners

How about we share some of our favorite breakfast or lunch diners?

Eatnpark is ok. Not great, but they are everywhere and are more or less standard fare. Sunday brunch, at the places they have it, is great.

Near Downtown

- Deluca's in the strip.. They are ok food, but are a little bit pricey and it feels cramped. In the summer this place gets really hot. It's good but if I were in the area I wouldn't want to go there.

- Pamela's in the strip.. Prices are about the same but I don't really fancy their breakfast or lunch food.

- Kelly O's, hands down my favorite. Good coffee, very generous portions at a good value. A 3 egg omelet is more like a 4 or 5 egg. Love it. Salads are good too, but haven't had any of their lunch fare I can remember

- Speckled Egg on Grant.. Really good food but pricey, for breakfast food. Bonus that it is near the T station though

Middle
- Ritters in Bloomfield.. It's not great. The bathrooms smell, but their food is homey and cheap and they were open 24 hours. I'd go back

- Barb's on Butler.. I had the pleasure of going here for a company lunch twice. Why they picked this... I have no idea. But the food wasn't great and they didn't use real butter. Won't go back.

- Frankie's in Lawrenceville.. not a breakfast place, not a lunch place either. They sell meatballs and footlong hotdogs. Higher price (reasonable for the area), but used to be a lot lower. Decent.

North
- Milvale Diner. Only been here once, for lunch, but they serve breakfast. Really good burger and their prices are reasonable too. This is one of those hole in the wall local owned things. Will go back

- Grant's Bar in Milvale... ok this is more of a bar, but they have a separate place inside to eat which was good. I don't think they do breakfast, but lunch is good

- There was another place nearby on Babcock I went for lunch but I don't remember where it was or what it was called... damnit..

- Valliant's on Babcock. They have good food for lunch and breakfast, and the atmosphere screams 50s-60s, but their prices are unreasonably high. A year or two ago two people could have breakfast for under $20 but now the same stuff is over 30. PASS!

- New York Hotdog, at Cumberland and Perry. AMAZING! Years ago before covid they had an old style menu with plastic lettering and low prices. You just told then what you ordered on the trust system. Now they have fancy new menus on the walls and it is still the trust menu. Super reasonable prices, you can very well have a meal for 2 for under 20 here.

- Totin's in Wexford... always hear about them on KDKA. Reasonable prices and reasonable food. I'd rank this higher if it were closer to me, but this isn't something I'd go solely to Wexford to eat at

West/South
- Rusty Nail in Bellevue. I'd rank this as fancy diner food. Moderately priced but delicious none the less, the only issue here is parking

- Hanlon's in Crafton. When I worked downtown they had a place on Penn which was great, but sadly they close (years before covid). Went out of my way to visit here and I wasn't unimpressed. It was every bit as good as I can remember. Would recommend if you were in the Crafton area.

And for something a little less relevant, I always loved King's. I have fond memories of going to the King's in the Waterworks mall, until they closed and became in EatnPark. Then we migrated up to the one in Harmar. Then that closed and became a Sheetz.
Then I decided 'you know lets try another direction' and I started to go to the one on Nevil Island and wouldn't you know it, they closed. So then I went to the one in New Ken and after a few months that one closed! So now when I get a craving for some nostalgic atmosphere, I

have the one in Monroeville and the one in Plum. Until they close.

That's all from me for now. As you can see I mostly stick to north of the city. Are there any other non-chain places that more people aught to know about?
onawbtngr546 is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 09:11 PM   #2
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Encounters: 9

You had me at Frankie's
HDGristle is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 09:40 PM   #3
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Gab and Eat in Carnegie. Best greasy spoon in da Burgh. Always a line for early breakfast. Burgers are really good. Prices a great.

The Central Diner in Robinson is pretty good for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Solid food, nice portions and reasonably priced.
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 12:19 AM   #4
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
Gab and Eat in Carnegie. Best greasy spoon in da Burgh. Always a line for early breakfast. Burgers are really good. Prices a great.
Gab and Eat indeed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
berryberry is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 02:04 AM   #5
bigguyt
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryberry View Post
Gab and Eat indeed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Indeed
bigguyt is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 07:26 AM   #6
Chase7
Valued Poster

I love breakfast for dinner.
Chase7 is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 07:40 AM   #7
yinzerpgh
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

Kelly O is a racist bitch, but she does make a mean breakfast...or at least her cooks do! There used to be a greasy (and I mean GREASY) spoon called the Village Diner in the Pines Plaza in McCandless. Kelly bought it (20?) years ago and that was her first restaurant.

Any of the Pamela's - crepe pancakes and corned beef hash is top notch.

Go across the street from the Rusty Nail in Bellevue to the Dari Villa. Get the bacon cheeseburger omelet and watch your life change immediately lol
yinzerpgh is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women