Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
test
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70674
biomed162331
Yssup Rider60196
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48379
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41228
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 05-05-2022, 09:51 AM   #1
onawbtngr546
Premium Access

Encounters: 55
Default Free speach (but only for us!)

onawbtngr546 is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 11:26 AM   #2
Loretta77
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Besides kaepernick, all of those cartoons have to do with public school content. Having a child in the public school system, it’s important to me what is being presented to my child. I’m uncomfortable with a teacher giving their social opinions, political opinions, and or sexual/gender identity theories to my child. I’m sure a lot of liberals would feel the same way if schools and teachers insisted on teaching christian morals in public school.
Loretta77 is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 11:28 AM   #3
Loretta77
Valued Poster

However I do get the point of the post. I hate to admit it but it’s a somewhat valid perspective haha.
Old 05-05-2022, 11:58 AM   #4
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98

You mean these folks afraid of free speech?

This says it all:

berryberry is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 12:20 PM   #5
onawbtngr546
Premium Access

Berry, I think the irony of the cartoon I linked might had gone past you, so I'll explain it so it is easy to understand.

Republicans say they support free speech, but censor things such as books, films, and make discussions in school about the (sometimes dark) history of our country illegal in schools.
None the less, the first amendment doesn't protect discussion of anything in a private situation (such as in schools), but none the less the Republicans are censoring things they don't like and controlling the masses by controlling their information.

So basically, they are doing something that is morally wrong (censorship), that isn't even a protected right, all while saying that they are in favor of the protected rights.
Or in other words, a distraction of the masses to push their own agenda.
Old 05-05-2022, 12:49 PM   #6
Albedo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 45

I like how you can't spell speech right even though the correct spelling is used in the image
Albedo is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 01:50 PM   #7
onawbtngr546
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albedo View Post
I like how you can't spell speech right even though the correct spelling is used in the image

Typos happen, my friend. No need to make it personal
Old 05-05-2022, 02:17 PM   #8
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by onawbtngr546 View Post
Berry, I think the irony of the cartoon I linked might had gone past you, so I'll explain it so it is easy to understand.

Republicans say they support free speech, but censor things such as books, films, and make discussions in school about the (sometimes dark) history of our country illegal in schools.
None the less, the first amendment doesn't protect discussion of anything in a private situation (such as in schools), but none the less the Republicans are censoring things they don't like and controlling the masses by controlling their information.

So basically, they are doing something that is morally wrong (censorship), that isn't even a protected right, all while saying that they are in favor of the protected rights.
No, nothing from the cartoon you posted went past me. It was a lazy and inaccurate attempt at discussion about free speech (speech that you can't even spell)

Please show me exactly where Republicans are censoring free speech. Give me concrete examples with links. Because your silly cartoon doesn't do so. As Loretta noted - all but 1 item in your cartoon has to do with public school content. I think anyone who can think for themselves would agree that a teacher should not teach nor give their social opinions, political opinions, and or sexual/gender identity theories to any child. That is NOT their job. And I don't care if it is a liberal or conservative perspective they are giving - both are out of bounds. The way you know who a good teacher is if their students do not know their sexual identity, their politics, their social opinions.

So determining what should and should not be taught in a K-12 classroom is not censorship.

And you need to stop watching CNN and MSNBC - there is no group effort to quote you "make discussions in school about the (sometimes dark) history of our country illegal in schools." None. Schools still teach about the civil war, slavery (which by the way it was the Republicans who freed the slaves, not the liberals), etc. You are conflating this with the bullshit libtard Critical Race Theory discussions that they have pushed into schools telling all white children they are born racists and their parents are racists. Please tell me how telling white first graders they are born racists is appropriate?
Old 05-05-2022, 02:22 PM   #9
berryberry
Valued Poster

And please enlighten us on how Senile Biden's Ministry of Truth is not an attack on free speech

Or how the NY Times, Washington Post and most other mainstream aka liberal media are outraged about Elon Musk buying Twitter and daring to pledge to restore free speech doesn't confirm how libtards are the ones who push and support censorship.

Come on, I will wait
Old 05-05-2022, 02:25 PM   #10
berryberry
Valued Poster

And you must have missed this thread - written by a prominent Democrat

Jonathan Turley - Senile Biden has established himself as arguably the most anti-free-speech president since John Adams

https://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2844603
Old 05-05-2022, 05:18 PM   #11
chizzy
Premium Access

Encounters: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by onawbtngr546 View Post

Ah last time I looked, public schools are public not private.
chizzy is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 07:30 AM   #12
Loretta77
Valued Poster

100% the school argument is totally bogus. I’ve been on this earth almost 4 decades and not once have I ever felt the urge to speak to a child about sexual orientation or sexual identity. It’s baffling that some of these teachers are confused on how to do their jobs without talking about these obvious inappropriate, irrelevant topics. For any teacher out there confused, if the subject comes up in your classroom, a.) you’re off topic and should control the discussion more appropriately. B.) tell the students this isn’t appropriate content for school and change the topic…. Very easy.
Old 05-06-2022, 07:33 AM   #13
Loretta77
Valued Poster

Where I think that onawbtngr546 has a valid point is when conservatives (including myself) want to punish or boycott Disney for speaking their political views. They spoke out against Florida’s parental rights bill which angered me and caused me to cancel Disney plus. Made me say many times “corporations should keep their politics to themselves” or they shouldn’t have an opinion. Now if this was a conservative company and they were receiving backlash for supporting Desanris, I’d be angry. So he has a good point that it’s hypocritical.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women