Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70761
biomed162976
Yssup Rider60624
gman4453270
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48574
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42223
CryptKicker37196
The_Waco_Kid36584
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 07-20-2010, 03:51 PM   #1
Dilbertgolf
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Default DART/TRE?

Anyone ride DART or the TRE? I just started riding again, commute from Bedford to N Dallas. I know it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round, but damn there are some strange people in DFW.
Dilbertgolf is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:40 PM   #2
Hawkeye9
Premium Access

Encounters: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilbertgolf View Post
Anyone ride DART or the TRE? I just started riding again, commute from Bedford to N Dallas. I know it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round, but damn there are some strange people in DFW.
I live convenient to a stop in ftw and ride to airport stop, every so often to dallas.
yeah, alot wierdos.
But I rode subways and trains in la for 8 years!!

I have a chl and and can pack it on there if I wanted too.
Hawkeye9 is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:07 AM   #3
Dilbertgolf
Valued Poster

TRE typically isn't too bad. It's when you are standing at one of the light rail stations or riding the light rail that they come out. Nowhere near enough LE presence on there.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:37 AM   #4
LazurusLong
Valued Poster

Encounters: 47

A few years back, I'd take the DART train to Union Station and then head over to my job on the other side of the airport.

Although it took longer than driving (given good traffic), the gas savings, less stress from zero road rage, time to unwind on the way home, and also the added exercise walking to and from the stations, all added up to great benefits.

Made me think fondly of when I worked in Georgetown in the late 90's, getting off at Dupont Circle and walking to my office. Loved working in DC back then.

There are many benefits to your new routine and the strange people you encounter will not seem strange in a couple more weeks.
LazurusLong is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:10 PM   #5
Dilbertgolf
Valued Poster

I agree. At a point it becomes old hat. Ditto on the savings. I have roughly an 80 mile round trip commute.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:43 PM   #6
Sasquatch
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

If you think folks in DFW are strange, try the New York City subway during a summer evening rush hour. Then try some of the trains in India.

Actually, I think Greyhound takes the weirdness awards on their transcontinental runs.
Sasquatch is offline   Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:12 AM   #7
White Tiger
Stalking Beauty

Encounters: 154

I have season tickets to the Mavericks and have to drive over to the games from Fort Worth. My first year, I took TRE a lot to avoid the drive. It was kind of fun, and the people were okay--they were pretty much all going to the game. On game nights, TRE stops right at the front door to the AAC, and then the last train back waits about 20-30 minutes after the game to take every one home.
White Tiger is offline   Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:12 PM   #8
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

years ago, I lived at Preston & Arapho and took Dart to downtown Dallas and the bus would get me there in the same time as I would drive and park 2 blocks away. Mean while I would read the newspaper, so much better
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:29 PM   #9
7charles
Account Disabled

Default Do not ride the TRE, however

I do ride DART. I have never been able to read a newspaper on either the train or bus. I always seem to luck out and get caught having to stand. Still, spending 65 dollars a month so I do not spend 125 or more on fuel seems okay to me.
7charles is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:29 AM   #10
214dallas
Valued Poster

Encounters: 37

I always take the green line to Mavs games, very convenient from deep ellum.

tried takin the bus to work from time to time. kind of a hassle, but doin my best to be a good citizen.
214dallas is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:07 AM   #11
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

I sure wish that they had a line that went to the baseball stadium in Arlington. It's a horrible drive to go from Dallas to the ballgame. I timed it that last time I went. 55 minutes from my house to my seat, 60 minutes coming home. I can do Mavs games in 6 to 10 minutes going and 15 leaving.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:46 AM   #12
Dilbertgolf
Valued Poster

I'm very hard of hearing, to the point that am basically legally deaf. I can get an unlimited pass for $32 that let's me ride all the time. So really, it's a no brained for me to take advantage of it. There's good and with it. I have to basically use a mix of it all. TRE to Union Station, Red Line up to the Bush station then catch a crosstown bus. Just makes for a long trip. For the most part, the people are okay. There is some random strangeness. Early mornings in the rail is when you typically get zombie types. Some homeless will wander on every now and then. Afternoons on the rail around Forest Lane station is usually thick with thuggish type teenagers etc. I usually just keep my head hurried browsing eccie on the smart phone.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:28 AM   #13
pathfinder940
Account Disabled

Encounters: 6

I always like taking the DART when I can. The only place I don't like waiting for a station is at the West End. Not only do I get approached by the panhandlers all the time, it smelled kind of funny. They need to do ,ore to keep that place at least a bit cleaner. I understand that the area has gone down in the past few years, but c'mon.
pathfinder940 is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:29 PM   #14
thx
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

I have heard many times...
The City of Arlington is not interested in bringing public transportation since it primarily gives low income and handicapped a way to get around the city.

(well, also, they would prefer to spend the sale tax money towards the stadium)
thx is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:57 AM   #15
pmdelites
consulting for delites

Encounters: 124

my commute is 10 miles each way. with a hybrid getting 40+ mpg, it cost less to drive each day than to take the dart train. now, if my employer subsidized a dart pass, it would be different.

but then it would be difficult to get to my afternoon delites via dart :^)
pmdelites is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women