Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > New York > Upstate New York > The Sandbox - Upstate New York
test
The Sandbox - Upstate New York The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70769
biomed163089
Yssup Rider60734
gman4453284
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48612
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42424
CryptKicker37205
The_Waco_Kid36849
Mokoa36493
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 10-08-2012, 04:24 PM   #1
jackfengshui
Backbencher

Encounters: 1
Default In Science We Distrust

If you wonder whether our country can remain competitive in science and technology in order to do well in this knowledge-based economy, consider this. Our science policy in Washington is in the hands of the likes of Republican Congressman Paul Broun of Georgia, who recently professed that evolution and the big bang theory are “lies to keep me and all the folks who are taught that from understanding that they need a savior.”

BTW, he is running unopposed for re-election.
jackfengshui is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:26 PM   #2
Guest121613
Account Disabled

Encounters: 24

name an observed genetic mutation that added DNA, that actually improved the next generation. A perceived mutation may occur randomly to help a species survive better, that is adaption, not evolution, and results in less genetic material and/or possible variations. Like the giraffe getting taller to eat leaves, that is adaption, not a mutation, and some scientist will call that evolution. Evolution that makes a sponge and fish, a fish into a mammal, would require mutations, and addition of genetic material.

Where is the creature with a retina, waiting for lens to evolve? The logic of evolution is voodoo science. Evolution is all guess work, and occupies a huge percentage high school text books because it is guess work. Needs more emphasis on the physical sciences, and technology.
Guest121613 is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #3
JONBALLS
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

for Tebows SAKE!

doove.. get down there STAT ! and oppose that candidate!
JONBALLS is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:00 PM   #4
Guest121613
Account Disabled

Ha LOL!
Old 10-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #5
cowboy8055
Valued Poster

Encounters: 45

Evolution is still just a theory. But many in the science community talk about it like it is fact. Evolution doesn't do a good job of explaining how life originated.
cowboy8055 is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:29 PM   #6
JONBALLS
Valued Poster

and here I thought jack would be taughting Columbus today
Old 10-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #7
Guest120615-3
Account Disabled

Encounters: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackfengshui View Post
Republican Congressman Paul Broun of Georgia, who recently professed that evolution and the big bang theory are “lies to keep me and all the folks who are taught that from understanding that they need a savior.”
Another fucking moron!

Little known fact is that a Catholic priest, Fr. Georges Lemaitre, came up with the Big Bang Theory. One of my all time favorite lines came from him. When pressed about the date of this Big Bang, he is quoted to have said, "it occurred on a day without a yesterday."
Guest120615-3 is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #8
jackfengshui
Backbencher

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBALLS View Post
and here I thought jack would be taughting Columbus today
Christopher Columbus was a great explorer. He also contributed to the exploitation of indigenous people. The controversy is understandable.

Scientific disagreements should be settled by a thorough examination of the evidence. The lack of basic scientific literacy on the part of our citizens - and especially our politicians - does not bode well about our future technological competitiveness.
jackfengshui is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:19 PM   #9
JONBALLS
Valued Poster

Quote:
Christopher Columbus was a great explorer. He also contributed to the exploitation of indigenous people. The controversy is understandable.

Scientific disagreements should be settled by a thorough examination of the evidence. The lack of basic scientific literacy on the part of our citizens - and especially our politicians - does not bode well about our future technological competitiveness.
neigher does socialized healthcare
Old 10-08-2012, 09:20 PM   #10
JONBALLS
Valued Poster

Quote:
He also contributed to the exploitation of indigenous people. The controversy is understandable.
hehhe.......... I knew that one was coming

and here I thought it was all bushs fault
Old 10-09-2012, 12:06 AM   #11
drluv1
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21
Cool

Quote:
If you wonder whether our country can remain competitive in science and technology in order to do well in this knowledge-based economy, consider this. Our science policy in Washington is in the hands of the likes of Republican Congressman Paul Broun of Georgia, who recently professed that evolution and the big bang theory are “lies to keep me and all the folks who are taught that from understanding that they need a savior.”

BTW, he is running unopposed for re-election.
He has a degree in chemistry and a medical degree from some college I've never heard of. He is also on the house committee for science education. He believes the earth is 9000 years old and was created in "6 days as we know them". He also thinks that the bible should be the basis for our laws. Really pretty scary, I think the educational system in georgia needs to be seriously upgraded if they are voting for clowns like him.
There are holes in the theory of evolution. But it's the best explanation we have right now.Certainly much better than intelligent design.
drluv1 is offline   Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:26 AM   #12
drluv1
Valued Poster

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostforkate View Post
name an observed genetic mutation that added DNA, that actually improved the next generation. A perceived mutation may occur randomly to help a species survive better, that is adaption, not evolution, and results in less genetic material and/or possible variations. Like the giraffe getting taller to eat leaves, that is adaption, not a mutation, and some scientist will call that evolution. Evolution that makes a sponge and fish, a fish into a mammal, would require mutations, and addition of genetic material.

Where is the creature with a retina, waiting for lens to evolve? The logic of evolution is voodoo science. Evolution is all guess work, and occupies a huge percentage high school text books because it is guess work. Needs more emphasis on the physical sciences, and technology.
We are all mutants. Adaptation is part of evolutionary theory, The taller giraffes survive better so their genes, with their mutations, are passed to the next generation. How would a giraffe get taller without mutations?
" evolution is all guess work, and occupies a huge percentage high school books because it is guess work". I'm really not sure what that sentence means. Evolution is the scientific community"s best explanation for how we got here. Do you have a better theory, I'd love to hear it.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:24 AM   #13
Guest121613
Account Disabled

the giraffe simply got taller with a longer neck, with longer vertebrae, survived during droughts, and bore tall giraffes, and that is adaptation, it is not a mutation. If the giraffe was born with added vertebrae, that would be a mutation.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:19 AM   #14
drluv1
Valued Poster

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostforkate View Post
the giraffe simply got taller with a longer neck, with longer vertebrae, survived during droughts, and bore tall giraffes, and that is adaptation, it is not a mutation. If the giraffe was born with added vertebrae, that would be a mutation.
And your point is? Black people have extra bones in their ears, there are people born with 6 fingers, aren't those mutations at some point in man's evolution? Mutations don't necessarily happen suddenly from one generation to the next, those mutated genes may take many generations to show themselves. You still didn't show a theory that explains things better than evolution.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:24 AM   #15
drluv1
Valued Poster

It also came out that Todd akin, they guy from missouri who said raped women can make themselves unpregnant is also on the science committee.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women