Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
test
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70680
biomed162356
Yssup Rider60210
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48388
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41256
CryptKicker37178
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 01-08-2016, 06:26 PM   #1
Mix in This
Happiness Consultant

User ID: 97527
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Netflix - Making A Murderer - A must see!

Eight days later, I am still pissed off and obsessed with this thriller coming from Wisconsin. Ugly injustice is EVERYWHERE...

Wanted to see if any of you have had the opportunity to check it out and what are your thoughts! It's mind fuc*ing!! I hope they make a movie out of it!
Mix in This is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 12:35 AM   #2
Guest021716-4
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

I really want to see that. The corruption and plain stupidity just mortifies me. None of the agencies on a local or higher level know what each other are doing and if they do... it's because they are usually up to no good.

I have a friend in prison, who really is innocent. 20 years no parole for a non violent crime. His appeal is coming up and praying to God for his release this year. 20 years. No parole. No solid evidence. Only testimony from witnesses they scared.

Since then over 30 something LE have been terminated or investigated for serious misconduct and corruption. It's been in the papers and all over the news where I'm from.

The small towns are bad. But it seems corruption is everywhere. I've seen it on many levels. Don't even get me started on family law.

Have you seen the Kurt Kobain documentary, Soaked in Bleach? That one will really piss ya off too.
Guest021716-4 is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 03:58 PM   #3
Mix in This
Happiness Consultant

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett De Rossi View Post
I really want to see that. The corruption and plain stupidity just mortifies me. None of the agencies on a local or higher level know what each other are doing and if they do... it's because they are usually up to no good.

I have a friend in prison, who really is innocent. 20 years no parole for a non violent crime. His appeal is coming up and praying to God for his release this year. 20 years. No parole. No solid evidence. Only testimony from witnesses they scared.

Since then over 30 something LE have been terminated or investigated for serious misconduct and corruption. It's been in the papers and all over the news where I'm from.

The small towns are bad. But it seems corruption is everywhere. I've seen it on many levels. Don't even get me started on family law.

Have you seen the Kurt Kobain documentary, Soaked in Bleach? That one will really piss ya off too.
So sorry for your friend, that is bullshit but glad to know that the corrupted have gotten what they deserved, a good ass firing. Where there are good people, there are bad people, I really hate bad people ugh. You can't catch a break and not have one without the other.

I have yet to see the Kurt Cobain documentary... will put it on my list.
Old 01-17-2016, 01:26 PM   #4
babarumraisin
Valued Poster

My ECCIE Reviews

Do bear in mind that many involved in the case on Netflix say that important pieces of evidence are being left out of the story.
babarumraisin is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 02:39 AM   #5
xXxoRRoxXx
Verified COCK lover

User ID: 316778
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Its great!!! I love it ....only into a couple episodes... mind blowing truly.
xXxoRRoxXx is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 09:52 AM   #6
shayla84
Account Disabled

User ID: 159448
My ECCIE Reviews

Omg I've seen it, was obsessed. Very sad story his life's screwed and was wasted before this last charge and they knew that it wasn't him. Sad, I think they fuck with him cause he's an easy target, not very smart, and his family doesn't fit in with the rest of the community. Looking forward to the second one
shayla84 is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 02:49 PM   #7
Mix in This
Happiness Consultant

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by babarumraisin View Post
Do bear in mind that many involved in the case on Netflix say that important pieces of evidence are being left out of the story.
EEEk, I am just hungry for the TRUTH to unravel. I realize things could go South in a heart beat, but if these guys are innocent, I am rooting for them to finally catch a damn break.
Old 01-19-2016, 08:57 PM   #8
inaustintexas
Registered Member

Encounters: 1

While not a movie - have you checked out rectify?

Its on Netflix and is very similar to this story. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2183404/?ref_=nv_sr_1
inaustintexas is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 10:58 AM   #9
pussycat
Valued Poster

Encounters: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett De Rossi View Post

This is why only a handful of defense lawyers are truly effective. If you get just any lawyer he will putz around and never defend you. But if you find a really good one he will turn over every stone and discredit the bad witnesses and you will get off. You will get off even if you're really guilty.

Sorry but that's the way the system works. It depends on the skill of those involved and the judges don't give a shit who is really guilty and who is innocent. The judges only care about who did the best job as a game. It's a game to them.
pussycat is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 03:18 PM   #10
Guest021716-4
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

I know it is game. All of it, especially family law...so disgusting, but I digress. Unfortunately, he didn't have good counsel.
Guest021716-4 is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 07:22 PM   #11
shayla84
Account Disabled

User ID: 159448
My ECCIE Reviews

Sounds like he now has a great lawyer from some big city like Chicago or New York or something they said that she's really good I guess we'll see
shayla84 is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 08:21 PM   #12
LordBeaverbrook
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Yeah, I meant to watch an episode or two and just binged watched it all the way through. Amazing story and infuriating.

It doesn't matter that "some evidence was left out" because it is absolutely clear that he didn't get a presumption of innocence and some really shady shit was going on. The real tragedy is that his 16 year old nephew was targeted (because he was Steven Avery's alibi witness) and convicted of a crime he pretty obviously did not commit by use of interview tactics guaranteed to produce false confessions when used on immature people of less than average intelligence and education with no representation or even parents present (but from what I read, police are pretty good at getting parents to unwittingly collude in convicting their often innocent kids). Whether Avery is innocent or guilty of the murder is not clear, but that there was malfeasance, a rush to convict and no search for or finding of the truth is pretty evident.

I too have seen quite a lot of this starting in the 80's with being accused of crimes I did not commit, told more than once that police "knew" I was guilty (despite no evidence) and that they would get me even without actual evidence (really scary) and being assaulted by cops and told if I didn't do as they said I would be the victim of more "crimes". I've also seen them assault, jail and beat kids for having had too much to drink and being in the wrong place at the wrong time (when friends tried to get them to a car and take them home). It is truly sad and I honestly don't think it has gotten any better over the intervening 30 years.

LB
LordBeaverbrook is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women