Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162476
Yssup Rider60311
gman4453223
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41454
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35803
Mojojo33117

Old 07-23-2018, 12:05 PM   #1
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Hey plant lovers and gardeners. Sure is hot in Dallas!!!

How are your plants handling the heat wave?

Moved several plants, the ones that were possible, indoors late last week. But a few, like my smallish aloe vera plant, got a little too much sun and a few leaves have fallen off.

I'm more of a gardener in my head and heart rather than one in real life. I'm barely keeping my mint and rosemary plants alive that are outdoors.

But it's interesting to me to hear of what others are doing in terms of gardening. Trying to grow a few container vegetables each summer has always been the goal. This summer, though, haven't tried to plant vegetables. Purchased a few flowering plants for the patio and they seem to be holding up alright with daily watering.

Gosh. It's hot.

Hope everyone is staying hydrated!!! Animals, too!

Just musing on a boring Monday afternoon,
Elisabeth
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:21 PM   #2
TinMan
The Grey Knight

Encounters: 130

Just giving them plenty of water and praying for a break in the heat. Thankfully, I don’t try to grow plants that aren’t adapted to this part of the country, so I don’t have too many casualties.
TinMan is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 05:15 PM   #3
BossyWillson
Valued Poster

Corn did well for the squirrels.
Tomato bush was slow, it flowers but it's to hot to pollinate.

Started the Fall plants with a LED grow lamp last week.
Will put them out in a month.
BossyWillson is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 05:44 PM   #4
lgbsfu
Premium Access

Encounters: 15

I am having really good luck with
plastic plants, just wash them off every
couple of weeks. Hope they don't melt.
lgbsfu is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 06:27 PM   #5
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

i couldn't care less about my plants or grass. i run my sprinkler system twice a week two times a day to keep my house from cracking in two and falling into the ground.
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 06:53 PM   #6
CG2014
Premium Access

Encounters: 104
Exclamation

In my entire lifetime, I have never owned a plant nor had one in my residence.

It's a waste of time and money: it will die eventually.

Same for pets: dogs, cats, goldfish, rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs, etc. Don't need one, don't want one.

Also same applies for human offsprings: waste of time and money and a lifetime of heartache and aggravation.

What I do with the grass outside?

Twice a month, I will pay a couple of those Hispanic who crossed our borders furtively to gain access into these United States of America and are residing here illegally to cut it.

Pay them $60 in cash tax free and treat them to a hamburger happy meal lunch each time:

they are as happy as clams that I don't call Inmigración on them while I tell them Welcome to America and send them away with a 6 pack of that Corona Mexican Piss Beer they love so much.

If I happen to feel generous I will throw in a couple of limes.

Oh and if they do get picked up by Inmigración, NO WORRIES MATE, for each one that is send back, there are 100s of them waiting in line, fighting and stepping over each other to cut my grass and dig ditches.

Don't believe me? Drive down to Royal Lane and Dennis Road early in the morning with a pickup truck and pull into the parking lot of the convenience store there and see how many Mexican men jump into the back of your truck before you have even come to a complete stop where you can see the tread of your tires, begging for work to make a meager $30 cash.

ALSO, if you drive down to that same Royal Lane and Dennis Road later in the day with a pickup truck and pull into the same parking lot of the convenience store there, you will also be able to pick up Mexican women begging for work to make a meager $30 cash.

Ain't America great?

I HEART AMERICA!!
CG2014 is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:18 PM   #7
CG2014
Premium Access

Encounters: 104
Exclamation

For those who want to say my ^^^ post is racist, you are all as guilty as I am in supporting illegal immigration and undocumented Hispanic laborers.

We all do it, consciously and unconsciously.

The fruits and vegetables you eat from the grocery store or at a restaurant is picked and packed by undocumented Hispanic laborers.

The chicken and beef and pork and fish you buy at the grocery store: killed, cleaned, processed by undocumented Hispanic laborers.

Go to a brand new neighborhood under construction and take a look at who is building those new $300,000 homes and $2,000 a month apartment buildings: undocumented Hispanic laborers.

The roads you drive on: built by undocumented Hispanic laborers.

Go to a Chinese restaurant and peek in the kitchen. Do you see any Chinese people making your sweet and sour pork and egg foo young and your special wonton soup???

Nope!! MOST OF THE TIME NOWADAYS, it's a bunch of undocumented Hispanic laborers back there stir frying your Chinese take out.

Go to McDonald's and Wendy's and Whataburger or even your beloved In-n-Out burger and you will see more undocumented Hispanic laborers flipping your burgers than an American African American or Caucasian.

When you call for a maid service, who shows up? Mexican and Latina women.

The car and SUV you buy that's now made in a factory in Mexico? Built by undocumented Hispanic laborers. Well, THAT IS TRUE, ISN'T IT? They are over there building those cars and SUV, they are undocumented over here. Don't split hairs with me.

HELL! Without Mexicans coming here illegally [and sometimes legally], you wouldn't even have any Latina providers and strippers!!

Still don't believe me?

Watch this movie named A Day Without Mexican.

Anyway, back to the subject of Plants, they don't need to be outside in the heat under direct sunlight.

As long as they are at a window that allows them to get sunlight a few hours a day and they get plenty of water every other day (YES, YOU CAN DROWN a plant by watering them too much), allowing them to photosynthesize, they will be perfectly just fine.
CG2014 is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:31 PM   #8
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG2014 View Post

Anyway, back to the subject of Plants, they don't need to be outside in the heat under direct sunlight.

As long as they are at a window that allows them to get sunlight a few hours a day and they get plenty of water every other day (YES, YOU CAN DROWN a plant by watering them too much), allowing them to photosynthesize, they will be perfectly just fine.
Good grief. Feel better now?

Thanks for the advice. I was all set, in my mind, to suggest that you read the book, "Faith in a Seed" by someone famous (I cannot remember right now) and it's a lovely sentiment about simple pleasures. More to it but words are escaping me right now.

Then, you offered advice about having plants inside. Do you just not like plants or you don't purchase them because you know that they'll die eventually (it's a living thing. The plant is going to die)? I'll still make the recommendation to read the book above. That type of prose is life affirming which at this time and place, is an important space to explore intellectually and physically, if one gets the opportunity .

And although it's pretty obvious you're trolling my post, would like to add that I Do agree with you: pets, children, plants are expensive and often, a waste of funds. (After 7 PM, my ability to write grammatically correct sentences goes out the window. Please forgive me)

But the joy and companionship that a special animal can bring to someone is inexplicable. Know that an animal is often considered useless baggage, but mine are part of my home. My family. Living plants add life to the environment. I find it to be a necessity for mine.

Although I often complain about the cost of upkeep for pets and plants, etc., it's worth the costs to me.

Really do not consider the love of animals (or a fondness for succulents and other plants) a character flaw and it seems that is what you're suggesting.

Anyway, again thanks for the advice.

Try to smile,
Elisabeth
Old 07-24-2018, 07:30 AM   #9
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

wow that derailed , water 2 x a week , feed trees and water water water . You would think Texas would require zero water landscape ( another thread)
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 07:57 AM   #10
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexdutchman View Post
wow that derailed , water 2 x a week , feed trees and water water water . You would think Texas would require zero water landscape ( another thread)
Topics go sideways at times. True.

The twice a week works nicely for the grass, etc. For my plants, though, I have to water them every morning.

At least a little bit.

Thanks for your thoughts!!!

Old 07-24-2018, 01:45 PM   #11
london2012
Premium Access

Encounters: 113

some of my plants are doing really well, and even blooming, while others, which prefer more shaded environment are suffocating. Choose the native plants and you won't have anything to worry about. Choose plants from other regions and you will have to baby them and add more stress to your life.
london2012 is offline   Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 05:40 PM   #12
BLM69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG2014 View Post
For those who want to say my ^^^ post is racist, you are all as guilty as I am in supporting illegal immigration and undocumented Hispanic laborers.

We all do it, consciously and unconsciously.

The fruits and vegetables you eat from the grocery store or at a restaurant is picked and packed by undocumented Hispanic laborers.

The chicken and beef and pork and fish you buy at the grocery store: killed, cleaned, processed by undocumented Hispanic laborers.

Go to a brand new neighborhood under construction and take a look at who is building those new $300,000 homes and $2,000 a month apartment buildings: undocumented Hispanic laborers.

The roads you drive on: built by undocumented Hispanic laborers.

Go to a Chinese restaurant and peek in the kitchen. Do you see any Chinese people making your sweet and sour pork and egg foo young and your special wonton soup???

Nope!! MOST OF THE TIME NOWADAYS, it's a bunch of undocumented Hispanic laborers back there stir frying your Chinese take out.

Go to McDonald's and Wendy's and Whataburger or even your beloved In-n-Out burger and you will see more undocumented Hispanic laborers flipping your burgers than an American African American or Caucasian.

When you call for a maid service, who shows up? Mexican and Latina women.

The car and SUV you buy that's now made in a factory in Mexico? Built by undocumented Hispanic laborers. Well, THAT IS TRUE, ISN'T IT? They are over there building those cars and SUV, they are undocumented over here. Don't split hairs with me.

HELL! Without Mexicans coming here illegally [and sometimes legally], you wouldn't even have any Latina providers and strippers!!

Still don't believe me?

Watch this movie named A Day Without Mexican.

You OK man? Did a Mexican piss on your in n out burger? Or you just get back from a make America great again convention aimed at the uneducated white man?

My last gardener was a white guy and heard about this slogan way before it spread like wild fire in the media, poor fool regrets voting for the main fool. I recently found a better deal with some Latinos brothers so I fired the little fool. America is great 👍
BLM69 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women