Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
test
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70713
biomed162649
Yssup Rider60409
gman4453227
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48455
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41658
CryptKicker37183
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid36042
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 10-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #1
Guest012814
Account Disabled

Encounters: 14
Default Best live concerts

Being a very avid lover of music, I thought I'd throw this question out there :

What was the best concert you ever attended?

Best all around concert for me was seeing TOOL for the first time in 2002. I would quite happily pay $500 to experience that night again.

Close second is the yearly outdoor festival that came to my home town in 2005. Beastie Boys (RIP Adam Yauch), Chemical Bros, System Of A Down, Hatebreed and Slipknot were standouts.
Slipknot was special for me as it was the first time I got to personally experience the moment where Corey tells everyone to sit down during Spit It Out and then on cue, 50,000 all jump up at once. It still makes me smile remembering it.

So what are some of your most memorable nights of music?
Guest012814 is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:58 PM   #2
SuzyQ
Account Disabled

User ID: 203145
My ECCIE Reviews

Great topic!!!

In my opinion:

That 2002 tool show was amazing! Wait, was that the one with the contortionists? Or meshuga(sp?)? Well I guess they were BOTH amazing!

This year;
NiN killed it!!!
Reznor made Maynard look weak. That's hard to do!
Alice Cooper was certainly a highlight... and while I'm not a real fan of Manson, he puts on an incredible show!!! VERY entertaining!

(I would have loved to have seen slipknot before gray died... I didn't know until recently, that there were nine of them... Watching their concerts with the guys all over their super reinforced drum kits is mind blowing!)
SuzyQ is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:15 PM   #3
The Sixth Beatle
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 42

For me it comes down to two: A Who concert I attended at Kemper Arena (Keith Moon's last appearance in Kansas City) and the U2 concert at Arrowhead Stadium. Unfortunately, I have a terrible memory for dates, so if anyone could provide the years for these events, I would appreciate it.

The Who show was masterful - they were just past the height of their powers as a live and recording act (the show was in support of the Who By Numbers album).

The U2 show was probably something I wouldn't have sought out, but one of my friends found himself with an extra ticket when his date came down with the flu. The showmanship on display was impressive! We had seats on the covered field and when the band went into their acoustic set on a small stage in front of the main stage, we found ourselves 6 rows from the action.

Both shows were unforgettable! I also saw Stone Temple Pilots and ZZ Top at the Midland theater in recent years (separate shows) and they were great fun.
The Sixth Beatle is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:37 PM   #4
Guest012814
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
Great topic!!!

In my opinion:

That 2002 tool show was amazing! Wait, was that the one with the contortionists? Or meshuga(sp?)? Well I guess they were BOTH amazing!

This year;
NiN killed it!!!
Reznor made Maynard look weak. That's hard to do!
Alice Cooper was certainly a highlight... and while I'm not a real fan of Manson, he puts on an incredible show!!! VERY entertaining!

(I would have loved to have seen slipknot before gray died... I didn't know until recently, that there were nine of them... Watching their concerts with the guys all over their super reinforced drum kits is mind blowing!)
YES!!! The members of Tool were in silhouette and they had performance artists hang upside down against the video screen acting like human worms. It was amazing.

I saw saw what was billed as NIN last ever show as NIN show a few years back until Trent Reznor changed his mind and reincarnated NIN. While not my fav band, give credit where it's due - Reznor and Co put on one awesome show.

I've been fortunate enough to see both Paul Gray and Dimebag Darrell before their passing. I'm blessed to have experience their magic before their untimely passing.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #5
Guest012814
Account Disabled

Sixth - Keith moon is a drumming idol of mine. I would've loved to have seem him live.

I've not seen U2 live but Ive heard from friends they put on quite an awesome show. Congrats on having discovered a great live band and experiencing a great night.

Live gigs are awesome
Old 10-19-2013, 06:04 PM   #6
The DarkSide
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

mine was in '92 Gun's n Roses, Metallica and Faith no more in a fenced pit for 9 hours at the citrus bowl in florida!!!!!
The DarkSide is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:09 PM   #7
Guest012814
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
mine was in '92 Gun's n Roses, Metallica and Faith no more in a fenced pit for 9 hours at the citrus bowl in florida!!!!!
A little before my time but A Year And Half In The Life Of Metallica captured that tour perfectly. I'm happy for you that you got experience such a momentous event!
Old 10-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #8
Yankee457
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

The Who, Creedence Clearwater Revival, and Kool and the Gang. I know I'm dating myself but I enjoyed all three. My favorite nonetheless was last year with The Gran Combo a salsa institution from Puerto Rico.
Yankee457 is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #9
Guest012814
Account Disabled

Yankee - ANY great live music is great regardless of era or genre. I'm a hard rock /metal fan at heart but have experienced many great gigs of various genres. Glad you had a great time.
Despite me being a diehard hard rock/metal fan, I'm not ashamed to admit that I've seen Pink once. She put on one hell of a show and her drummer was amazing.
Old 10-19-2013, 06:37 PM   #10
Yankee457
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcdrummer View Post
Yankee - ANY great live music is great regardless of era or genre. I'm a hard rock /metal fan at heart but have experienced many great gigs of various genres. Glad you had a great time.
Despite me being a diehard hard rock/metal fan, I'm not ashamed to admit that I've seen Pink once. She put on one hell of a show and her drummer was amazing.
I agree 100%. Looking forward to the next great concert. Would have loved to attend a Queen concert.
Yankee457 is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:16 PM   #11
bikebryan
Premium Access

Encounters: 6

Kansas during their heyday - late 70s/early 80s - was always fantastic. They could almost perfectly reproduce the studio sound. The most fun I ever had at a concert was Jefferson Starship in 84 or 85, when they came out to the Bicentennial Center (this was the Nuclear Furniture tour). Even I was standing up in my chair dancing, and I never do that.

The best shows I have been to in decades were a little band nobody ever heard of from 40 years ago - the guys who were left behind when Kansas went on to become famous. They rejoined in the 2000s and released three really great works of progressive rock. Of course prog rock is not mainstream and was never really well received here in the U.S.
bikebryan is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:12 PM   #12
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikebryan View Post
Kansas during their heyday - late 70s/early 80s - was always fantastic. They could almost perfectly reproduce the studio sound. The most fun I ever had at a concert was Jefferson Starship in 84 or 85, when they came out to the Bicentennial Center (this was the Nuclear Furniture tour). Even I was standing up in my chair dancing, and I never do that.

The best shows I have been to in decades were a little band nobody ever heard of from 40 years ago - the guys who were left behind when Kansas went on to become famous. They rejoined in the 2000s and released three really great works of progressive rock. Of course prog rock is not mainstream and was never really well received here in the U.S.
I think it was 91 or 92, Arrowhead stadium, Guns & Roses, Metallica and Ice T with body count. 1984 Kemper Arena, ZZ top and Van Halen, 1984 Styx Kemper Arena
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:29 PM   #13
luvlittlemilkers
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

I have too many that were awesome but here are a few:

New years Eve 1985 Ronnie James Dio in Seattle Wa. opened with Yngwei Malmsteen

Monsters of Rock 1988 in order of appearance
Kingdom Come
Metallica w/o Cliff Burton
Dokken
Scorpions
Van Halen with Sammy Hagar (OU812 tour)

Lollapolooza 1996, Ramones, Soundgarden and Metallica

Queensryche 1991 Empire tour. Geoff Tate has some serious pipes.
luvlittlemilkers is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:14 AM   #14
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Small indoor venue: Motörhead at House of Blues in Las Vegas
Large outdoor venue: The Who at Arrowhead, Korn headlining Rockfest and being in the second row
Best audience participation: audience during 'Fear of the Dark' during Iron Maiden, "singing it back" to Jimmy Eats World
Best pyro: Maiden...666
Best pyro, bubbles, feathers, confetti, ladders, dancers, screens, lasers, puppets, muppets, kitchen sinks, ping pong balls, beach balls, balloons, swords, canes, snakes: Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper
Best intro: Lemmy. "We are Motörhead. We play rock n roll." It gave me whole-body goosebumps.
Most pregnant chicks: Weezer at City Market
Most stuff I can't mention: that one show at the City Market where Ziggy Marley was the most 'sober' band on the lineup. There were mushroom clouds; it looked like the audience was being used for nuclear testing.
Longermonger is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:55 AM   #15
mojoworkin
Valued Poster

Encounters: 102

Yes Longer, Lemmy's a motherfucker. Sixty seven years old, and he will out rock any twenty-something out there. Motörhead will blow the roof off any venue. My body felt like it was vibrating the day after I saw them. Check out the documentary about him from a couple of years ago.
mojoworkin is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women