Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70712
biomed162553
Yssup Rider60382
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41568
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid35954
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 10-06-2020, 07:09 AM   #121
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas McCain View Post
I used to eat like shit and worked out all of the time when I was younger. Now that I am in my late 30's, I can't get away with it any longer. When I was young and broke, I could not afford to eat at Whole Foods like I can now. Cheap food is mostly junk, but I ate what I could afford at the time.

I've never had a weight problem only probably because of my height. At my last family reunion, I saw a lot of big cows there but somehow that escaped me. With all of the garbage I ate when I was young and broke as a joke, I'm surprised I never became a fat fuck. I guess it was just vanity.

I just eat for fuel for the most part now. My buddies come over and make fun of me because they call it "rabbit food". I just tell them that their food is in the garage refrigerator and have at it and not to worry about my "rabbit food" because I bought them what they want to eat.
I have a secondary fridge for the same purpose!

The bounce from eating good foods is worth the expense. I've actually found a significant difference between expensive, well handled fruits and vegetables versus the cheap stuff that sits out for weeks at the discount store. Plus, I'm willing to throw out anything in my fridge that doesn't look pristine. I point that out to friends but too much of life to some people is indulging in tasty food and they have some sort of psychological block to thinking a vegetable or fruit is satisfying.
friendly fred is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 07:11 AM   #122
sportfisherman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41

What factually helps to avoid or limit transmission (catching it or transmitting it)is masks and social distancing.

Once you have it,having good health and no comorbidities is helpful but not absolute.
There have been cases of young,healthy men in the military who were fit and with no medical problems and were overwhelmed and killed by the virus.

Secret Service agents should not be irresponsibly exposed to risky situations just at the whim of the president.

I think the majority of the people agree as the polls just get worse and worse for Trump.
sportfisherman is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 07:22 AM   #123
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
It all depends on one's definition of a "poor diet". To me, your diet is extreme. At your age, a LONG time ago, I was a nationally-ranked Master's runner in several events (big fish, small pond), pumped iron, played softball in 3 leagues, and had a diet you would consider horrible. I ate anything I wanted to eat. Today I have definitely slowed down and I am more conscious of what I eat, but I doubt I would be happy on your diet.

However, it works for you and I certainly say if it works don't change.
Well, runners are gifted in ways I cannot completely understand. It kills me to run 3 miles in 24 minutes but when I was a kid I could do it in 18. Men my age can still do that but I'll never get there. Since I could never be that great of a runner I've concentrated on weightlifting.

As to your diet - we have talked about this before, right? No doubt marathon runners can burn off massive amounts of calories but I still maintain it would be extremely beneficial to eat nutritionally dense, healthy calorie dense items. I think Olympians down fruit and veggie smoothies along with dried fruit and nuts to get the calories. I guess in the middle of the race for pure fuel reasons in that very specific circumstance some type of sugary concoction would be better short term than a total lack of fuel.

I'm pretty sure you are aware that official US Olympic athletes have dieticians, cooks, trainers, coaches etc. and everything they eat and all their workouts are maximized for the best outcome possible.

My theory is that you take two great natural athletes who have the same desire to win and put themselves through enormous sacrifices to win and the one that eats the better diet will have a enough of an edge to become the champion. I'm sure you know it is a very small difference between victory and defeat.

Now, I'm not sure about the psychological impact. I don't really crave sugary and fat foods, nor do I feel like I'm depriving myself. I can understand the feeling of freedom that might come to some people who just eat by natural intuition, and they may get enough of an endorphin rush to propel them further - I'm not a psychologist and I just don't know. All my tracking and counting comes so naturally to me it isn't really a burden. Some people wouldn't want to do it and I understand but explain to them that like anything else, once you do it enough, it gets much easier.
Old 10-06-2020, 07:29 AM   #124
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportfisherman View Post
What factually helps to avoid or limit transmission (catching it or transmitting it)is masks and social distancing.

Once you have it,having good health and no comorbidities is helpful but not absolute.
There have been cases of young,healthy men in the military who were fit and with no medical problems and were overwhelmed and killed by the virus.

Secret Service agents should not be irresponsibly exposed to risky situations just at the whim of the president.

I think the majority of the people agree as the polls just get worse and worse for Trump.
If they were wearing N95 masks and behind a screen, medical personnel do that 60 hours a week without infection. Life entails risks.

I've got plenty of Docs in the family, none of them have gotten sick, and they work a minimum of 60 hours per week, and they cannot always avoid the COVID wing.
Old 10-06-2020, 07:30 AM   #125
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong View Post
The drivers were wearing PPE and T R U M P was wearing a mask. I don't get what the big deal is. The doctors have to interact with H I M while H E still has the virus. Is H E also putting the doctor's lives in danger? Maybe so, but I bet they all agreed to it.

You people have no logic, acting like T R U M P forced someone to get into a car with H I M at gun point, or something. Clearly nuts.
We need brave men to protect the President - and it looks like he has some real men protecting him - and they are sensibly wearing N95 masks which when properly fitted protect the wearer.
Old 10-06-2020, 07:35 AM   #126
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Yupper " LIFE ENTAILS RISKS" driving more dangerous , flying etc
Also the armored suv has outside air and filters and the SS guys are behind glass SO again just the outa control media Catastrophizing well NOTHING
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 07:50 AM   #127
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendly fred View Post
Well, runners are gifted in ways I cannot completely understand. It kills me to run 3 miles in 24 minutes but when I was a kid I could do it in 18. Men my age can still do that but I'll never get there. Since I could never be that great of a runner I've concentrated on weightlifting.

As to your diet - we have talked about this before, right? No doubt marathon runners can burn off massive amounts of calories but I still maintain it would be extremely beneficial to eat nutritionally dense, healthy calorie dense items. I think Olympians down fruit and veggie smoothies along with dried fruit and nuts to get the calories. I guess in the middle of the race for pure fuel reasons in that very specific circumstance some type of sugary concoction would be better short term than a total lack of fuel.

I'm pretty sure you are aware that official US Olympic athletes have dieticians, cooks, trainers, coaches etc. and everything they eat and all their workouts are maximized for the best outcome possible.

My theory is that you take two great natural athletes who have the same desire to win and put themselves through enormous sacrifices to win and the one that eats the better diet will have a enough of an edge to become the champion. I'm sure you know it is a very small difference between victory and defeat.

Now, I'm not sure about the psychological impact. I don't really crave sugary and fat foods, nor do I feel like I'm depriving myself. I can understand the feeling of freedom that might come to some people who just eat by natural intuition, and they may get enough of an endorphin rush to propel them further - I'm not a psychologist and I just don't know. All my tracking and counting comes so naturally to me it isn't really a burden. Some people wouldn't want to do it and I understand but explain to them that like anything else, once you do it enough, it gets much easier.
I am not, nor was I ever, an Olympic level athlete. I certainly agree that athletes at that level need to look at every aspect of their lives in order to fully maximize their potential. And that includes diet.

Would I have been "better" had I maintanined a healthier diet when I was competing? Probably yes. But there were, and still are, sacrifices to my overall health that I am willing to take in order to enjoy my life to the fullest. I enjoy certain foods that I know are not good for me in any way. If I see my diet impacting my overall health, I will adjust accordingly. In all honesty, I applaud you for your diet.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 06:16 PM   #128
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Quote:
I am not, nor was I ever, an Olympic level athlete. I certainly agree that athletes at that level need to look at every aspect of their lives in order to fully maximize their potential. And that includes diet.

Would I have been "better" had I maintanined a healthier diet when I was competing? Probably yes. But there were, and still are, sacrifices to my overall health that I am willing to take in order to enjoy my life to the fullest. I enjoy certain foods that I know are not good for me in any way. If I see my diet impacting my overall health, I will adjust accordingly. In all honesty, I applaud you for your diet.
I appreciate that and agree with your response. I'm only an advocate for my way of doing things but it is a free country. My best friend can still run marathons in about 3 hours and rewards himself with an ice cream a day for a week. I would really just rather exercise less but people should pursue happiness.

The rewards of my diet are well worth it to me but many people think it is a waste of life. I'm not missing anything from my perspective. Now, take away my occasional encounter with skinny fitness babes and then I would feel deprived.
Old 10-06-2020, 10:03 PM   #129
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post

clip is from the movie, "the natural". weird baseball story according to wikipedia.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 10:06 PM   #130
winn dixie
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
clip is from the movie, "the natural". weird baseball story according to wikipedia.
One of the best baseball movies of all time
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 06:44 AM   #131
Why_Yes_I_Do
BANNED

Encounters: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post

You mean the posting titled: Political ads you say? I say, I likes mine natch<<--

Orange Man Great
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 06:53 AM   #132
Why_Yes_I_Do
BANNED

Encounters: 14
Default Funny you mention that

First, ye olde confession: I've not worn a mask at my grocery store for more than two months. Curiously, rarely ever accosted about it either. The few times I was, were while in the checkout line. Guess a non-moving target is easier to attempt to hit for some. My response has typically been: Would you like to compare the items in our shopping carts?
That pretty much ends the conversation. I find it odd how poorly so many people and families eat and the crap they spend their $$ on. Though I often have a couple bottles of wine in the cart - but it's medicinal and I use it in marinades.

Quote:
It all depends on one's definition of a "poor diet". To me, your diet is extreme. At your age, a LONG time ago, I was a nationally-ranked Master's runner in several events (big fish, small pond), pumped iron, played softball in 3 leagues, and had a diet you would consider horrible. I ate anything I wanted to eat. Today I have definitely slowed down and I am more conscious of what I eat, but I doubt I would be happy on your diet.

However, it works for you and I certainly say if it works don't change.
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 06:56 AM   #133
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendly fred View Post
I appreciate that and agree with your response. I'm only an advocate for my way of doing things but it is a free country. My best friend can still run marathons in about 3 hours and rewards himself with an ice cream a day for a week. I would really just rather exercise less but people should pursue happiness.

The rewards of my diet are well worth it to me but many people think it is a waste of life. I'm not missing anything from my perspective. Now, take away my occasional encounter with skinny fitness babes and then I would feel deprived.
Not at all a waste of life at all. You are living your life as you see fit.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 08:03 AM   #134
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Covid 1984 gonna get us all , ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 12:33 PM   #135
HedonistForever
Valued Poster

It's all about the carbs for the most part and of course sugar. When I first became pre-diabetic, an A1C over 5.5, I remembered my next door neighbor needing his leg removed from diabetes. He died on the operating table. That was it for me. I drastically ( for me ) reduced my intake of carbs ( already cut out the extra sugar ) and went from 175 on a 5' 10" medium build frame, down to 140. I can see my abs for the first time in 40 years.
HedonistForever is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women