Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
test
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70762
biomed163024
Yssup Rider60667
gman4453278
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48597
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42366
CryptKicker37204
The_Waco_Kid36775
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 01-14-2022, 07:18 PM   #121
Dreamgurrl
Ultimate Pro Ho

User ID: 241919
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
Again, purely your opinion and speculation on your part with the negative adjectives you use. Now, Mr Gristle, although we disagreed on many things, I thought you at least were intelligent. But in my OPINION, you seem to be bitter, or angry, about absolutely nothing. I haven’t checked, but most replies here don’t agree with you. But, by all means, carry on.

Can you respond to my Toilet Paper thread? I’m just trying to keep things “balanced”!!!!
Most replies here are the same 8-10 (being generous more like 4-5) people. Mr. Gristle seems to have a better understanding that the world is a much bigger place than the scope of your keyboard and handle of Tito’s.
Dreamgurrl is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 09:09 PM   #122
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Again, purely your opinion and speculation on your part with the negative adjectives you use.
Not sure there was a question as to whether it was my opinion. But thanks for confirming, I guess.

As for the rest, not interested in playing that game.

TP threads all yours. Covered some good ground today, some additional takes, got provider involvement AND drank some good bourbon. Seeing some more non-political threads and they're getting some good reactions. Hope it can last.
HDGristle is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 09:26 PM   #123
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDGristle View Post
Not sure there was a question as to whether it was my opinion. But thanks for confirming, I guess.

As for the rest, not interested in playing that game.

TP threads all yours. Covered some good ground today, some additional takes, got provider involvement AND drank some good bourbon. Seeing some more non-political threads and they're getting some good reactions. Hope it can last.
TP is an important part of everyone’s day. Why do you think they sell out of it daily? Don’t underestimate it. Prolly a more important subject than most of the political threads. Currently drinking Windsor. Just a go to whiskey. Nothing special.

You might want to check out my birdwatchers thread.

BTW Mr Gristle, the Sandbox has reached the elusive “balance”!!!! 9 threads on political bullshit, 9 threads on other bullshit on the first page of the Sand Box!!!! We’ve achieved equilibrium!!!!!!! :
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 11:18 PM   #124
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo View Post
Added stuff.
Very good additions

The bottom line even though the OP doesn't like hearing it is this forum gets a lot of clicks and people are going to talk about topics they are interested in.

Not that hard to understand
berryberry is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 04:16 AM   #125
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Quote:
TP is an important part of everyone’s day. Why do you think they sell out of it daily? Don’t underestimate it. Prolly a more important subject than most of the political threads. Currently drinking Windsor. Just a go to whiskey. Nothing special.

You might want to check out my birdwatchers thread.

BTW Mr Gristle, the Sandbox has reached the elusive “balance”!!!! 9 threads on political bullshit, 9 threads on other bullshit on the first page of the Sand Box!!!! We’ve achieved equilibrium!!!!!!! :
That's not how I would see equilibrium. Still work to be done. Progress? Sure. Sustainable? We'll see. Can we or will we draw in more folks for convos? Is it replicatable?

Sustainable cultural shifts don't just happen overnight. And as we've seen in this thread, resistance to change is high.

Look at how many clicks we've generated just from having a handful of people disagree with and mock my viewpoint. Imagine how many more we can generate with a greater variety of content.

I'm still interested in getting more opinions from others though. Let's see if they weigh in.
Old 01-15-2022, 09:02 AM   #126
yinzerpgh
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

Getting back to OP's question (if I can even remember what it was now...)
Pre 2016 there were maybe 10 political posts total. In the last 18 months, there have been 10 political posts a day, mostly by the same people. (don't quote me on those numbers - I'm only using it as an example)

My [least] favorite response in any of the political posts in the sandbox is "I guess the libs don't care because they're not replying". No, it's because it's way too toxic here for (what I assume) most 'libs' to waste their time talking to the wall. You've alienated most libs and are only stroking the egos of like-minded individuals, not having an open discussion. What's the purpose of discussion? To change someone's opinion?
Side note - when did 'truth' become an anomaly? It's legitimately the most frustrating part of living in these political times for me.

I for one don't spend every waking hour on eccie; I typically only visit the site on weekends when I'm less busy. I don't have all day Saturday or Sunday to wade through the pages and pages of replies in each thread. If I find a topic worthy of my time (and I admit that I choose ones that I've either already replied to or are 'fresh' - aka not more than 3-4 pages long), I'll reply, but for the most part I ignore the long threads.

As for the guy who said most hobbyists are republican is pretty closed minded. That's like saying guys who are over 6' tall are the only ones who hobby. I'm sure there are quite a few libs here that make decent scratch and visit hos often. If you're going to go down that path, most libs support abortion, so there's that
yinzerpgh is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 09:39 AM   #127
AmishGangster
Valued Poster

Encounters: 53

“when did 'truth' become an anomaly?”

For me when Pelosi said regarding Obamacare, “ We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it."
AmishGangster is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 06:51 AM   #128
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Thanks for weighing in, yinzer. We don't fully agree and we certainly don't have to but I see solid points of common ground.

There's a strong undercurrent of tribalism within this board culture that is not tolerant towards dissenting opinions. Conflicts abound and the reasonable voices in the middle get drowned out by a sea of hyperpartisan rancor because the vocal sqwuak like like seagulls and shit everywhere. Political threads feed that need for attention and projecting strength and dominance. How many of them begin by looking for a fight or as pure shitposts to troll the opposition rather than a legitimate discussion of the issue?

Same happens in how we interact with providers and the way some of the vocal providers interact with us. The moderate voices get tired of slogging through the bullshit and either give up or put their focus elsewhere.

Part of the mistake I see is focusing on only binary options and a "my way or the highway" attitude which fosters toxicity.
Old 01-16-2022, 10:52 AM   #129
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... OR the simple fact that somebody starts a thread
and then another poster hi-jacks it and takes the
thread in a different direction.

... Just stay on-point. ... Or start yer-own thread.

It's NOT complicated - please don't make it so.

### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 11:12 AM   #130
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

That overly simplistic
Old 01-16-2022, 11:26 AM   #131
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... And yet - there it is.

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 11:30 AM   #132
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Thanks for weighing in
Old 01-16-2022, 02:48 PM   #133
AmishGangster
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Again View Post
... OR the simple fact that somebody starts a thread
and then another poster hi-jacks it and takes the
thread in a different direction.

... Just stay on-point. ... Or start yer-own thread.

It's NOT complicated - please don't make it so.

### Salty
This is icky, hijacking threADs is in the bylaws . You have been here since ASPD, can you honestly say that this board or Indys was ever not one hijack after another?
Old 01-16-2022, 02:51 PM   #134
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishGangster View Post
This is icky, hijacking threADs is in the bylaws . You have been here since ASPD, can you honestly say that this board or Indys was ever not one hijack after another?
It’s like holding in the NFL, you can call it on every thread. But holding in the NFL is more obvious.
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 02:56 PM   #135
AmishGangster
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDGristle View Post

There's a strong undercurrent of tribalism within this GOVERNMENT culture that is not tolerant towards dissenting opinions. Conflicts abound and the reasonable voices in the middle get drowned out by a sea of hyperpartisan rancor because the vocal sqwuak like like seagulls and shit everywhere. Political threads feed that need for attention and projecting strength and dominance. How many of them begin by looking for a fight or as pure shitposts to troll the opposition rather than a legitimate discussion of the issue?
FTFY. This has been brewing since at least Obamacare, perhaps earlier. Society, Icky included, are following the same trend as our government officials. More divided, less willing to listen, etc. i don’t think its a trend that will stop anytime soon. I think its going to get much worse before gets better. There is no herding these cats

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women