Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70712
biomed162553
Yssup Rider60381
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48446
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41564
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid35954
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 09-13-2012, 05:19 PM   #106
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
IB, the broken record poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by essence View Post
I B HillyBillyWhenIGetOutOfKinderg arten

can you please explain the meaning of

'response'

and

'first'

?
The embassy Twitters were responses posted by an embassy acting in the the name of the Odumbo administration, CBJ7 and Essence. The embassy did exactly what Romney accused them of doing: apologizing to the Egyptian rioters. What part of that do you not understand?
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:24 PM   #107
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
The embassy Twitters were responses posted by an embassy acting in the the name of the Odumbo administration, CBJ7 and Essence. The embassy did exactly what Romney accused them of doing: apologizing to the Egyptian rioters. What part of that do you not understand?
Responses to what? At what time? To what events?

I'll be fair, I was posting the second part of my question while you were answering, so I'll give you a minute to respond to my edited post above, and explain what

apology

bigotry

and

sympathise

have in common, apart from the fact that you don't know what they mean in your haze of obafumery.

To maybe clarify:

exactly how did the Eqypt embassy apologise to the rioters attacking them?
essence is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #108
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Responses to what? At what time? To what events?

I'll be fair, I was posting the second part of my question while you were answering, so I'll give you a minute to respond to my edited post above, and explain what

apology

bigotry

and

sympathise

have in common, apart from the fact that you don't know what they mean in your haze of obafumery.

To maybe clarify:

exactly how did the Eqypt embassy apologise to the rioters attacking them?
For those who are literate, Essence, it's easy to discern "in response to what".

Old 09-13-2012, 05:30 PM   #109
essence
Valued Poster

I'm sorry HillyBilly, you are getting me confused with your parallel universe.

Please explain at what point the embassy tweeters, whilst under attack:

- sympathised with their attackers?

Now we all know the strange dynamics which may occur over time between somebody who has been kidnapped and the kidnappers, but I'm not sure whether the embassy staff, who were at that time being attacked, were expressing too much sympathy with their attackers.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #110
essence
Valued Poster

OK, we can agree (I hope) that Egypt twits were responding to events in Egypt i.e. their being attacked. So now we have a context.

Of course your spin on it is a complete lie and distortion, which I will not let go.

So why is this being used by Rumbababa as a means to discredit Obama and what happened in Libya?

Hint Libya and Egypt are tow different countries, and the Egypt events happened before the Libya events.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #111
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
I'm sorry HillyBilly, you are getting me confused with your parallel universe.

Please explain at what point the embassy tweeters, whilst under attack:

- sympathised with their attackers?

Now we all know the strange dynamics which may occur over time between somebody who has been kidnapped and the kidnappers, but I'm not sure whether the embassy staff, who were at that time being attacked, were expressing too much sympathy with their attackers.
No, Essence. The embassy Twitter speaks for itself. Here it is again. Have your baby sister read it to you; maybe then, you'll understand.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #112
LordBeaverbrook
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

WTF, Sensia & Olivia, I'll chip in to spay and neuter stupid.

They don't understand the first thing about the world, free speech or freedom. It seems they are for freedom and free speech, but only in the U.S. (just like the dictators they wish were still in power) which is really not for it at all.

Bottom line is that the Arab Spring started in Tunisia (heard of that much) and was not to be stopped so Mubarak, Ghaddafi and most of the rest would be gone or were on their way out without our help. We HAD to get on the right side of history or have it run us over in the ME. Obama did a pretty good job of that, but it ain't perfect and it will be messy for years or decades. Once the majority of the ME gets more representative government and freedom, the middle class will boom and they will be good customers of our for things other than oil (I did quite a bit of high end software training in Egypt a few years ago and we even had requests for projects and training in Pakistan, but it was too dangerous to go). The release of the video and protests were staged by fundamentalist clerics probably coordinating with terrorists for the raid in Libya. Conflating all muslims with terrorists is like saying all those damn Christian and lumping Unitarians in with Baptists and snake handlers.

Romney stuck his foot in a big old messy pile of stuff because he shot his mouth off too soon about what he didn't know and without all the facts or the proper timeline and it is coming back to bite him in the A$$. You just watch, he, his campaign and FOX are all going to have to do their best to back track on this and hope it blows over and people forget or only read the headlines. It might help him with his base, but it will damage him elsewhere like his ill concieved trip a few weeks ago where he went around insulting our allies and showing his ignorance (Russia our #1 global foe? Please!). If he somehow gets in office we will have a war in Iran before we know it.

OliviaH & Sensia, I'd visit you in support of your posts as mature intelligent women are the sexiest things on the planet. PM me if you get to Austin please!
LordBeaverbrook is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:44 PM   #113
CJ7
Valued Poster

Poor IB
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:48 PM   #114
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Poor IB
Only in your Kool Aid delusions, CBJ7.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:48 PM   #115
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

According to the timeline, the twitter apology went out at about 1210 PM EST which is before the invasion and ten hours before Romney recorded his comments.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:54 PM   #116
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
According to the timeline, the twitter apology went out at about 1210 PM EST which is before the invasion and ten hours before Romney recorded his comments.
Ive posted the link to the actual timeline several times

http://www.cedartownstd.com/view/ful...ews_lead_story

DO NOT READ IT !!!
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #117
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Ive posted the link to the actual timeline several times

http://www.cedartownstd.com/view/ful...ews_lead_story

DO NOT READ IT !!!
No, Romney is not out of step with the time line. The embassy posted a Twitter message that first and foremost condemned the First Amendment rights of a bad filmmaker -- an apologetic appeasement to Muslims -- before it addressed the actions of the thugs attacking and trashing the U.S. embassy.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #118
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
No, Romney is not out of step with the time line. The embassy posted a Twitter message that first and foremost condemned the First Amendment rights of a bad filmmaker -- an apologetic appeasement to Muslims -- before it addressed the actions of the thugs attacking and trashing the U.S. embassy.

About like you sticking up for the film maker and terrorists while condemning the embassy staff.typical anti American crap you sputter ....
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:50 PM   #119
LordBeaverbrook
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

CJ7 & JohnBarleyCorn, of course it did (the apology went out) because Obama is prescient and obviously apologized before the event even happened so he's fully culpable.

In fact that is not the least of his dark arts powers (not a racist allusion, though ironic for sure) because he was obviously able to inhabit the body of the press liaison in the U.S. embassy in Egypt and have them make that release on his behalf! Silly me, I thought the guy in the Presidential race with the "dark arts" was the guy wearing the magic underwear (that was a snarky prejudiced allusion against religion BTW).

IBH or is it IBS? Just because Obama (with his prescient ability and power to inhabit bodies thousands of miles away) condemned what a filmmaker said (one can condemn racist remarks and defend the right to hold those views and express them I think) doesn't mean they condemned their First Amendment rights. There was no statement to try and limit First Amendment rights, but when it gets people killed one CAN and SHOULD condemn the contents of the film. It is almost like yelling "fire' in a crowded theatre when there is no fire.

I find it odd that little has been said of the Imam or imams that released the film clip to stir this thing up and cover the raid though. I'm sure the administration (with those "dark powers" again) will be looking into that and pressuring Libya and/or Egypt to go after them since there is no 1st Amendment in Libya or Egypt yet.
LordBeaverbrook is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:59 PM   #120
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:
First? Foremost?

What was that twitter, which you so kindly posted?

"This morning's condemnation (issued before protest began) still stands. As does our condemnation of unjustified breach of our embassy."

That looks to me putting the condemnation of bigotry and condemnation of the breach at the same level. Whatever. They were being attacked. I'm sure they had a meeting lasting many hours and frequent phone calls to washington to discuss the exact wording of a bloody tweet.

What was the previous statement? Oh, it didn't mention the riot, maybe because it was issued before the riot. So it was first and foremost in a class of one. Great.

Now, the subsequent twitters:

After the Cairo embassy’s Twitter account acknowledged that “protestors breached our wall and took down flag,” it posted this string of Twitter posts: “1) Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. 2) Of course we condemn breaches of our compound, we’re the ones actually living through this. 3) Sorry, but neither breaches of our compound or angry messages will dissuade us from defending freedom of speech AND criticizing bigotry

First and foremost?

I think the condemnation of the breach is second, and the condemnation of bigotry is third.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women