Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70712
biomed162553
Yssup Rider60381
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41568
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid35954
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 08-15-2011, 02:18 PM   #106
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default not so fast there pilgrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
It doesn't. I know this and am willing to freely admit this in this debate or any other. Why am i an ideologue? Because i refuse to accept your premise that FICA, Medicare and excise taxes somehow don't count as contributions to the federal government? Say it with me: everyone with an income pays some form of federal taxes. Or continue to be an ideologue.
the EIC refunds FICA taxes and then some to many lower income earners, they in effect receive more than they ever pay in. as far as excise taxes, you mean if they buy a set of tires?
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:59 PM   #107
Jdriller
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

The point is we all pay excise, Fica, Medicare, sales taxes and so forth. But some of us pay a hell of a lot in INCOME TAXES on top of that. A 4% raise in income tax across the board for everyone would go a long ways towards raising revenue without undue stress on the population. We are in a crises situation and all Americans should be required to help their country out. Not just the top 20% or so.
Jdriller is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:26 PM   #108
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdriller View Post
A 4% raise in income tax across the board for everyone would go a long ways towards raising revenue without undue stress on the population. We are in a crises situation and all Americans should be required to help their country out. Not just the top 20% or so.
Tell that to the Tea Party folks....I actually agree with you. All of the Bush tax cuts should expire.

But you realize there are folks that do not even want to close tax loop holes!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:35 PM   #109
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default If we agree, why (beside your lil penis) are you so disagreeable? :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiz View Post
You can call me an idiot, a moron, a mis-informed fiscal right winger all you want...
How about just MrGiz?

Though I'd have a hard time disagreeing with you assessment

Quote:
... you can even remain fixated on my cock if you wish...
I keep telling you it is the anger I am fixated on, not you itty bitty weenie

Quote:
but your self-inflated ego is much like your Government... it only services itself!
My Government?

Come on now, I'm not King yet.

And I'll have you know that many a lady have serviced King to be WTF. Not that I haven't serviced myself a time or two...
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:00 PM   #110
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
dear Jim

i copied this post of yours but i could have copied any of them..or all of them

read through the posts here...of course you make sense but the entrenched zealousness of the habitue de least common denominator will not read nor consider them. their minds revert to fear of loss and lash out with non sequiturs and illogic.

too bad
yes sir, well said!!!!!!
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:17 AM   #111
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
the EIC refunds FICA taxes and then some to many lower income earners, they in effect receive more than they ever pay in.
And i'm sure there are plenty of studies out there which show that poor people have a shorter life expectancy - which means they're more likely to pay in more than they receive as compared to the more well off.

Quote:
as far as excise taxes, you mean if they buy a set of tires?
Or a gallon of gas. Or a pack of cigarettes. Or a case of beer.

Maybe you should giveitathought sometime.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:04 AM   #112
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Dovie, the topic we are discussing is whether the Tea Party held up the debt-ceiling bill not whether you agree with every little thing I say. We’ve discussed this before. You pick one thing in debate that you disagree with, ignore the bulk of the statement then drag in unrelated material. Everyone knows this is common, gutter tactics used when there is no real substance on your side of the argument in an attempt to impeach your opponent, to throw the dogs off the scent or both. So......................

[quote=Little Stevie;1558181]Blanket Moron warning!

The fucking Tea Terrorists TIED the historically uncontested debt ceiling bill to a balanced budget/deficit reduction bill. THAT is what caused the crash, IDIOTS. Go back and read the report and watch the interviews. All the rest of the reasons could have been averted by separating the legislation and passing a clean debt ceiling hike.

It was simple blackmail/kidnapping/hostage-taking by the Tea Terrorists in digging in their heels and saying "our way or the highway or we'll shut down the government"................/quote]

.................Back to the substantive, no the Tea Partiers did not hold up the bill. If there were enough votes to eliminate the Tea Partiers threat to the bills easy, and really should it have been easy? passage, then we wouldn’t be having this discussion would we? The rest of the cohesive congress would have swamped the Tea Partiers protests and efforts.
The bottom line is we are now a fractional, coalition government just like countries run by parliamentary rule with a separately elected executive. Shame, we could us ea vote of confidence just now.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:55 AM   #113
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

It has been much too long since I have been fortunate enough to be positioned directly under the delectable Ms. Howard. She's back on top!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:41 PM   #114
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
Dovie, the topic we are discussing is whether the Tea Party held up the debt-ceiling bill not whether you agree with every little thing I say. We’ve discussed this before. You pick one thing in debate that you disagree with, ignore the bulk of the statement then drag in unrelated material. Everyone knows this is common, gutter tactics used when there is no real substance on your side of the argument in an attempt to impeach your opponent, to throw the dogs off the scent or both. So......................

First off, it's Doovie.

Secondly, sorry, Olivia, i'm not going to go back and re-read this thread to figure out what you're talking about. Making a generic statement about a supposed comment of mine without citing that comment is what qualifies as, how you say, gutter tactics used when there is no real substance on your side of the argument in an attempt to impeach your opponent, no?

I will, however, answer you in similarly generic terms. If you make an argument based on certain points, and i disagree with those points, then i'll rebut those points. I think, in my doing so, it's inferred that i'm disagreeing with your entire overall point. That's how debates work.

Doove is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:39 PM   #115
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:

First off, it's Doovie.

Secondly, sorry, Olivia, i'm not going to go back and re-read this thread to figure out what you're talking about. Making a generic statement about a supposed comment of mine without citing that comment is what qualifies as, how you say, gutter tactics used when there is no real substance on your side of the argument in an attempt to impeach your opponent, no?

I will, however, answer you in similarly generic terms. If you make an argument based on certain points, and i disagree with those points, then i'll rebut those points. I think, in my doing so, it's inferred that i'm disagreeing with your entire overall point. That's how debates work.

Quote:
Where do the birthers fit in that?
Actually it's Doove, not Doovie. I just noticed that so pardon me. Secondly, you don't rebut your opponents view point. You try to deliver a KO with your little non-sequilar (sp) declarations, but your rebuttals fall short of the jugular. I'm not you wife. I shouldn't have to have a shitty little arguments with you. Debate isn't sitting around the kitchen pissed because your job sucks and you didn't get what you wanted for supper.

What does questioning Obama's citizenship, which is clearly outside this topic, have to do with whether the ridiculous congressional veterans can or cannot come up with cohesive legislation outside the desires of a sixty freshman congressmen? Nothing that's what. Maybe if he hadn't changed his name(s) and presented the damn thing in the first place when he was asked to, no one would have questioned him. But that has no merit whether or not the Tea Partiers are constructive or destructive.

You beleaguer birther or any other pejorative you can come up with repeatedly regardless of whether it is germane to the discussion at hand. Here's one of your favorites: You refuse to understand that anyone that declares that nearly 50% of income earners don't pay taxes - when the train of thought of the thread is clearly about FEDERAL INCOME TAXES - means federal income taxes. Someone else carried that torch so I didn't quote it.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:02 PM   #116
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
Actually it's Doove, not Doovie. I just noticed that so pardon me.

Quote:
What does questioning Obama's citizenship, which is clearly outside this topic, have to do with whether the ridiculous congressional veterans can or cannot come up with cohesive legislation outside the desires of a sixty freshman congressmen? Nothing that's what.
Come on Olivia. I don't even have to go back and look to know that the comment you're referring to was a response to your claiming that you would like to see the fringe on both sides go away. It was a dig at your own belief that frankly, belonged on the outer fringes with the 9/11 Truthers.

Quote:
Maybe if he hadn't changed his name(s) and presented the damn thing in the first place when he was asked to, no one would have questioned him.
And if you would have accepted the fact that the whole scenario being suggested by the birthers was nothing short of utterly ridiculous, i wouldn't be able to knock you over the head with it every chance i get.

Quote:
You beleaguer birther or any other pejorative you can come up with repeatedly regardless of whether it is germane to the discussion at hand.
Once you criticize left leaning ideas as being fringe, and wishing those who held them would simply shut up and go away, you made your birther beliefs germane to the discussion.

Quote:
Here's one of your favorites: You refuse to understand that anyone that declares that nearly 50% of income earners don't pay taxes - when the train of thought of the thread is clearly about FEDERAL INCOME TAXES - means federal income taxes. Someone else carried that torch so I didn't quote it.
And i stand by the points i made in follow up of that person. And frankly, i think wizardofahhhs has since proven me right in another thread.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:34 PM   #117
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

The market dropped because the economy sucks which can be directly attributed to the policies of the last 10 years. Obama ran as not Bush. What is funny is that he has continued Bushes policies in Iraq and Afganistan and upped the ante with Libya.

Econimically he took the worst of Bush's economic policy which was bailing out corporations that should have been allowed to go through bankruptcy and spending more than the government had and dramatically increased it.

Now he accuses the Tea Party of irresposibility when thay are the only group pushing for a solution and not a temporary bandaid that will leave an even bigger problem for the future. He and all of the people like him in both parties are the ones being criminally neglegent. I can only hope the next election cycle sends more Tea Party members to DC. Not Republicans or Democrats.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:19 PM   #118
Colonel Jim
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Do you agree that all the Bush tax cuts should expire? Or just those on the lower income bracket?
I know this will probably cause you to go into a coughing fit, but I would support expiration of the Bush tax rates. (They've been in place for a decade. They are the current rates. Just because the gutless GOP Congress wouldn't make them permanent doesn't change the fact.) Catch your breath. Now for the rest of the statement: if they were part of a comprehensive revision of the tax code and every dime of the difference went to retiring the current debt (no fair using them for new spending). If you read between the lines that means scrapping the current tax code and a balanced budget amendment.

Quote:
Do you know the difference between a regressive tax and a progressive tax.
I assume that is a rhetorical question. And because I said I wouldn't remind you again that the subject under discussion was FEDERAL INCOME TAXES, I won't justify it with an answer.

Quote:
You sir, do not have a clue as to how the tax system works.
I guess I missed learning about the tax system while I was filling out all those tax returns in the over 35 years of my working life. And apparently you, sir, don't have a clue how to argue a point in a civil manner. Let me help you: "Jim, your example of a family earning $50,000 not paying taxes is not accurate. Blah, blah, family of four, blah, blah. Also, I will bring in the irrelevant, but necessary to prove my point, discussion of payroll taxes and 'contributions'."

Of course, I didn't do their taxes for them, I was cranking out a response before jumping in the shower to go to work, where I work behind a firewall and don't have time to play with ECCIE posts. And, I didn't say a family of four. Subtract the child deductions. Or make it a family of six, I don't care. The point is that - according to the CBO - in 2006 (the last year of presented data) the bottom two quartiles paid -5.6% (that's negative five point six percent) of all federal income taxes paid. http://cbo.gov/publications/collecti...stribution.cfm

Bottom line, even if it is 1% of income, everyone gets the benefits of living in this country, and should pay something towards it's maintenance.

Spare me the "where are they going to get the money to pay the tax?" mantra. According to the Census bureau, the average family in 2005 with income below the poverty level:

-lived in a house or apartment equipped with air conditioning and cable TV
- had a car (a third of the poor have two or more cars)
- had two color televisions, a DVD player, and a VCR
- if there were children in the home (especially boys), the family had a game system, such as an Xbox or PlayStation
- the household had a microwave, refrigerator, and an oven and stove
- other household conveniences included a clothes washer, clothes dryer, ceiling fans, a cordless phone, and a coffee maker

Now, obviously that doesn't apply to everyone below the poverty level or the systemically poor, but this doesn't even compare to the gut-wrenching poverty I saw overseas while I was serving in armed forces.

Sorry, it took so long to get back to you, but my computer hard drive took a hard crash and had to be replaced. And yes, I paid the taxes on it.
Colonel Jim is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:47 PM   #119
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Jim View Post
Bottom line, even if it is 1% of income, everyone gets the benefits of living in this country, and should pay something towards it's maintenance.
They do. A fact that's been pointed out to you on numerous occasions. A fact that you continue to ignore. A fact that's not going to go away simply because you refuse to acknowledge it.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:12 PM   #120
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
They do. A fact that's been pointed out to you on numerous occasions. A fact that you continue to ignore. A fact that's not going to go away simply because you refuse to acknowledge it.
NOPE they do not. You and them can CRY me a river in 2013.
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women