Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70712
biomed162553
Yssup Rider60382
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41569
CryptKicker37183
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid35954
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 11-12-2012, 03:28 AM   #106
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
I spend quite a bit of time in Austin and always find it to be quite pleasant.
You would.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:35 AM   #107
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
All the folks with brains will leave Texas....
If "brains" is what made California what it is today, .....

..... then California can have them back!!!!

Texas doesn't need them.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:46 AM   #108
icuminpeace
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by austxjr View Post
Hey, hey, hey, watch what u say about Mexico ICP. the main reason Mexico is so fucked up now is the U.S. conspired with Columbia to move the Cartels north. They are mostly wonderful hrdworking folks that have a saner and more democratic democracy than we do.
Yes, all of Latin America is full of great hard working people. I'm one of them, however the corruption levels, the poverty, the lack of jobs and opportunities are prime catalysts for the drug trade to overrun those countries. I used Mexico as an example because it's right next to Texas, but pick any country from Mexico through Argentina, and they all have the same issues, the only exception being Chile and perhaps Costa Rica.
icuminpeace is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:53 AM   #109
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by icuminpeace View Post
... the corruption levels, the poverty, the lack of jobs and opportunities are prime catalysts for the drug trade to overrun ....
One can say the same for the inner city areas in the U.S.

It is also true of Afghanistan.

Not a good "excuse" or "reason" to facilitate it or tolerate it.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:03 AM   #110
icuminpeace
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post

That's right. It's not an excuse, it's a fact. The people that tolerate it are the politicians because they gain from the situation.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:24 AM   #111
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Amazing.

I don't really think Texans' egos are bigger than other peoples'. They just have larger mouths.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:33 AM   #112
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post

His action would be unconstitutional only if he is sued and a court rules his action was unconstitutional.

That's the law. Sorry.Just like Obamacare. No matter how much you hate it, it is CONSTITUTIONAL. At least until another Supreme Court overrules its previous holding. That's why we have a court to decide these things for us.

Agreed. Not sure why you are arguing this point IB.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:43 AM   #113
LordBeaverbrook
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

ICP, my apologies, I was just trying to inject a little sanity with humor in this conversation and hopefully not let it turn into Mexico or Latin America bashing. I hate that shit.

Quote:

There are many reasons for corruption and the main one is anywhere you find people (politicians, lawyers, priests or any other kind of people) you get corruption. IMHO, toleration is not the question, understand that where you have people (and especially where you have more people and those who are poor and/or ignorant) you will have corruption and we should all try hard to get rid of it. It is a little hypocritical to mention inner city areas for prime corruption unless you are referring to Enron, Adelphia, Duke, Haliburton, Tyco, Worldcom, Madoff or Allen Stanford to name a few (just to make a point)? You don't think there is corruption in the suburbs or countryside?

Quote:
That's right. It's not an excuse, it's a fact. The people that tolerate it are the politicians because they gain from the situation.
I look at corruption the same way I look at the effectiveness of government vs. private sector (of which I have seen an enormous amount). They are both organizations of people with their own foibles and weaknesses and their efficiency mostly has to do with leadership, mission and how the organization is structured (transparency) as well as the quality of the people in the organization. The big difference is that in business/private lots of inefficiency is covered up by profit in another sector AND whole sections of a business can be eliminated if found to be inefficient because the ONLY goal/mission of business is to generate profit. If you do the same with government, then some people are likely to get hurt or sometimes even die.

Sorry about the soapbox, but I just had to get it out.
LordBeaverbrook is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:55 PM   #114
DarkDays
BANNED

DRUG ME AGAIN .... FUCK YOU.... NEXT TIME YOU CLEAN YOUR GUN YOU MIGHT FIND A BULLET IN YOUR FUCKING HXXX...
DarkDays is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #115
S-Man
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 11

When South Carolina succeeded, soldiers at Fort Sumter put up a good fight. Fortunately, no soldier died.

For folks who don't have time to dust off the cobwebs on their history books, the Ken Burns' The Civil War is steaming on NetFlix.
S-Man is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #116
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Agreed. Not sure why you are arguing this point IB.
His hatred of Lincoln has blinded him to logic.

Bizarre, considering IB supports the GOP, which was Lincoln's party.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #117
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
If by politicians you mean elected and appointed officials, the gain, but the benefactors are those who step up with the offers of ... benefits, funds, contributions, exchanges, bartering ... etc. etc.... corruption takes a taker and a giver.

And .. I was not suggesting that the "inner cities" (as that phrase suggests a deteriorating condition) had a monopoly on corruption ... in fact when I quoted the "string" I almost left the word out, but did not to avoid "editting" what is said, because I didn't want this deflection.

I was sort of refocusing on our own country with the idea that one should clean up one's own backyard before one starts telling others how to clean up theirs. My neighbors weeds can get into my yard, but mine can get into the neighbors just as easily. (I recognizing that some on here will "cherry pick" those words and expand their meaning far beyond that I intend for some "clever" debate point ... but don't bother .. I was addressing the specifics in the quoted material.)
Old 11-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #118
icuminpeace
Account Disabled

Quote:
If by politicians you mean elected and appointed officials, the gain, but the benefactors are those who step up with the offers of ... benefits, funds, contributions, exchanges, bartering ... etc. etc.... corruption takes a taker and a giver.
That's correct.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #119
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
I fully support the right of self determination. No question about that. Sorry if I misunderstood your point, but yes, if those counties decide to leave Texas, fine.
At some point this logic turns to anarchy.

Counties leave Texas. Cities leave the County. Communities leave the city. Individual households vote to leave the community.

That line of reasoning has many of the same real world problems that ideal communism has. Both are good in the classroom, bad when applied without reality to our world.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #120
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
At some point this logic turns to anarchy.

Counties leave Texas. Cities leave the County. Communities leave the city. Individual households vote to leave the community.

That line of reasoning has many of the same real world problems that ideal communism has. Both are good in the classroom, bad when applied without reality to our world.
StupidOldFart isn't known for being a deep thinker!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women