Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70721
biomed162786
Yssup Rider60474
gman4453240
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48487
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41854
CryptKicker37190
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36242
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 08-18-2012, 09:24 AM   #106
jcase5848
Account Disabled

Encounters: 66

@The2Dogs; where do you want the government to get smaller? Fair question right? Shall we have less schools? Less first responders? Less police, Less teachers, less hospitals, let's not fix our roads/highways and bridge? cause that is what is happening right now. Where do you want the government to get "smaller"?
jcase5848 is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:26 AM   #107
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
FastGoon, as usual, you didn't read, nor did you understand my post.
Why should he bother? You never seem to read or understand the links you cite as your posts.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:48 AM   #108
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default i got an idea

instead of trying to redistribute the producers of this country's wealth..obama should try to redistribute their work ethic
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #109
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

@The2Dogs; where do you want the government to get smaller? Fair question right? Shall we have less schools? Less first responders? Less police, Less teachers, less hospitals, let's not fix our roads/highways and bridge? cause that is what is happening right now. Where do you want the government to get "smaller"?

All of the above are the responsibilities of local governments and not eh federal government.
Department of Education can go away.
Replace the tax code and eliminate 95% of the IRS.
eliminate the DEA and about 20 other so called LE agencies.
Eliminate the Department of Energy, I mean really what have they done that has helped us and remove the nuclear weapons expenditures from them and put it in the military where it belongs.
'
Reduce our military bases in places we do not need to be in.

Shut down HUD.
I can go on and on about all of the federal agencies and programs that are not required by the Constitution.
The States and local governments should deal with the issues that belong in their jurisdictions and not rely on getting our money back from the federal government that uses the threat of holding our money to make us comply with their demands.
Eliminate the TSA and put it back on the businesses that provide the transportation so that the people that use it pay for it.
Stop subsidizing Amtrack.
Eliminate all public sector unions in regards to the federal government.
Department of Transportation reduced to only dealing with interstate requirements and not local issues.
Dump the NEA.

basically go back to doing what is required under the Constitution and stop all that is not. Leave the rest to the states.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:37 PM   #110
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Exactly right. It's not rocket science. Go back to a federal government that only does what it's allowed to do by the Constitution. We could cut spending dramatically almost over night.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:10 PM   #111
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Here is part of the prpoblem

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
. The federal government had absolutely nothing to do with my success in life. .

That is where you are wrong. They build roads for commerce and armies to protect you, they maintain courts to protect property rights, there are so many things that you do not acknowledge that you should have to burn your Atlas Shrugged and take an 8th grade Civics refresher course....
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:16 PM   #112
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Do you still believe in heaven and hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
instead of trying to redistribute the producers of this country's wealth..obama should try to redistribute their work ethic
What work ethic, the one where you privatize profits and socialize loses? That one?

When you die never, your punishment for being so gullible will be to fuc Ayn Rand ever day in hell for eternity!

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:51 PM   #113
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Misconception

You are laboring under a misconception here, buddy.

The government under which you live certainly has much to do with your success in life.

Do you suppose for one minute that you could enjoy whatever level of success you have now if you were living in Syria or Nigeria or any other troubled or unstable country in the world?

That would never happen, buddy!

The fact is that you need an environment that fosters prosperity in order to have prosperity to begin with and you should thank your lucky stars that you live in such a great country instead of belittling its support out of ignorance.

Nevertheless, we are getting off-topic once again with these side discussions.

. . . The main point that I was trying to drive home was how the rich manage to find loopholes in the law and get away with paying only 13% tax and yet are making millions, but many others making much less pay much more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
The simple answer to the question of f"making up the difference" is for government to get smaller and spend less money.

YOu look at things in percentages and I look at thingss in dollars.
I pay more in taxes than hafl of the people make because I earned it. Id id not have not and will not recieve a greater percentage of government services or assistance thatn the person that pays nothing. The federal government had absolutely nothing to do with my success in life. All of the people that I have worked with for and employed have been well compensated for their efforts and many are just a successful as my slef.

What is fascinating is that those of you on the left attack an individuals work and prosperity and ignore what the government is doing with the 13% that he paid. The man pays what he is obligated to pay under the tax code and does with his earnings that have been taxed as he sees fit which is solely his business and not the business of anyone else including and especially not the government.

The money that the man invests in business does far more to help this nation than the amount of taxes that he pays.The government is the worst steward of our tax dollars and based on the deficits our children's and grand-children's and great grand-children's. The answer is not more taxes but a government that is under control and operating within the means of the people.
Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #114
jcase5848
Account Disabled

Encounters: 66

@The2Dogs - re your comment about the states' responsibilities...where do you think a good size of their revenue comes from? Yes, state tax, excise, vehicle, property tax...but here's a quote fromhttp://texaspolitics.laits.utexas.edu/9_4_1.html
"The majority of state government revenue comes from sources other than state taxes. The largest component of state government income comes from the federal government for funding of programs in education, healthcare and transportation, to name a few."
We're arguing in circles...the reality is that the departments you want to shut down are the ones for the public good. Any reasonable business man knows you cannot shrink your way to success and cutting taxes and shuttering departments is not the only answer....the reality is we need to grow revenue (taxes) in order to get back to a balanced budget....we may continue to disagree and that's fine but the election will determine the direction and I hope we decide to help the middle class who has seen their incomes drop over the past 10 years for the first time ever.
jcase5848 is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:35 PM   #115
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
When you die never, your punishment for being so gullible will be to fuc Ayn Rand ever day in hell for eternity!

:
You are one lucky S.O.B., you seemingly have escaped hell on your own. everything I can think of as hell is an upgrade to you
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #116
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

The majority of roads are and were built by private developers and then turned over to the local governments. For the most part those local governments have done a piss poor job of maintaining them if you judge it by the potholes and general condition. You give far too much credit to the government.
Where is or was all the protection from the invasion of our borders? Where has the protection of property rights been when those invading have destroyed the fragile ecosystem of the land they invaded.
The fact is that the federal government has become so large it has made their value to the individual shrink tremendously, at least to those that pay federal income taxes.The return on the investment is not very good.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:13 PM   #117
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
You are one lucky S.O.B., you seemingly have escaped hell on your own. everything I can think of as hell is an upgrade to you
Don't be a hater just because you can't play golf worth a Ayn Rand!

2Dogs, there is a Ying and a Yang to everything. You no government saps never seem to want to give up your government job or benifits. Look at JD, ask him if he will give up his government benifits? No he won't. Nobody will but they love to bitch about how large government has become.

That is the position we have put ourself in, in regards to history, we are no different than any society before us.

May the force be with you my brother!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:23 PM   #118
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcase5848 View Post
@The2Dogs - re your comment about the states' responsibilities...where do you think a good size of their revenue comes from? Yes, state tax, excise, vehicle, property tax...but here's a quote fromhttp://texaspolitics.laits.utexas.edu/9_4_1.html
"The majority of state government revenue comes from sources other than state taxes. The largest component of state government income comes from the federal government for funding of programs in education, healthcare and transportation, to name a few."
We're arguing in circles...the reality is that the departments you want to shut down are the ones for the public good. Any reasonable business man knows you cannot shrink your way to success and cutting taxes and shuttering departments is not the only answer....the reality is we need to grow revenue (taxes) in order to get back to a balanced budget....we may continue to disagree and that's fine but the election will determine the direction and I hope we decide to help the middle class who has seen their incomes drop over the past 10 years for the first time ever.

I honestly dont believe the no govie crowd can fathom those facts. Ive put the math to them, and they havent a clue for funding the state without federal money. Using their logic would make 1932 look like a picnic in the park.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:28 PM   #119
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

I don't have a government job and I have no government benefits.
I am eligible to receive disability payments form my SS account that I and my employers have paid into but, I choose to work at this time even though it is very difficult to do and I have spent a considerable amount of money to do so. Not tax deductable by the way but it should be.

I am not an anarchist by any stretch o the imagination. I am for very limited government that is out of the life of the individual as much as possible.What our federal government is required to do is in the Constitution. If we could get back to that level of government, we would all be much better off and have a much more4 prosperous nation.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:29 PM   #120
Cobain
Premium Access

Encounters: 70

Why don't some of you admit it: You are jealous of Mitt's wealth.
Cobain is online now   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women