Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70710
biomed162543
Yssup Rider60381
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48446
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41564
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35941
Mojojo33117

Old 04-11-2014, 07:38 AM   #91
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by flghtr65 View Post
LL, CGI was on site two years before Obama took office. They were hired in 2007 by the Bush administration, despite as you say having a shabby history in Canada. They were putting in bids on contracts long before Obama was elected. They did not have to go through a full procurement process. From the link below.

CGI Federal's winning bid stretches back to 2007, when it was one of 16 companies to get certified on a $4 billion "indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity" contract for upgrading Medicare and Medicaid's systems. Government-Wide Acquisition Contracts — GWACs, as they're affectionately known — allow agencies to issue task orders to pre-vetted companies without going through the full procurement process, but also tend to lock out companies that didn't get on the bandwagon originally. According to USASpending.gov, CGI Federal got a total of $678 million for various services under the contract — including the $93.7 million Healthcare.gov job, which CGI Federal won over three other companies in late 2011.
It's also true that CGI Federal began lobbying as it started winning government work. According to OpenSecrets.org, it has spent $800,000 since 2006 lobbying on several different tax and appropriations bills. That's nothing, though, compared to the many millions of dollars deployed by heavy hitters like Lockheed Martin and Raytheon.*

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ealthcare-gov/
You don't read/comprehend well do you? Or you know nothing about the "certification" process for providers (not whores ... well ... in most cases)...

But apparently the Obaminable "Administration" doesn't understand the distinction between ... "signing up" for something and actually getting it either.

Being "certified" to get jobs is not the same as actually getting the job. In addition there are contractors who may be "qualified' to clean floors, but are not qualified to "clean" AC ducts. Do you get my drift?

Now find the "contract" for services signed by anyone in the Bush White House ... and find any entry or evidence that any from CGI was even at the White House while Bush was President.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 12:19 AM   #92
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Obviously, Obama is not able to make his own decisions. He HAD to hire CGI because Bush did. Obama had NO OTHER CHOICE!!

And how is voting Libertarian working out for me, Fluffy? You asked, so here goes. I was told in 2000 and 2004 that if I voted Libertarian, I'd get a President who had no clue about foreign policy and who would screw up our image around the world. I voted Libertarian, and that's exactly what I got. Then in 2008 and 2012, I was told that if I voted Libertarian, I'd get a President who had no experience and was completely unprepared to be President. Well, I voted Libertarian, and that's exactly what I got.

You may be on to something, Fluffy!
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:10 AM   #93
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Sebelius was forced out because she did not communicate to her boss that the Website had severe problems before going live on Oct 1,2013. She should have communicated to President Obama that there were severe problems in system test with the Website. She should have recommended that they delay the rollout until the severe problems were fixed. Have you noticed all of the bad press that has been generated with the botched rollout of the Website? She did not write the code, CGI who was hired by Bush did that. The decision to go live with all of the problems was a poor one.
As other have correctly pointed out, CGI wasn't hired by Bush to write the Obamacare website. To imply that is just intellectually dishonest. Everyone knows to bid for contracts you have to get on an approved vendor list.

But my guess was that Obama was told by Sebelius the individual mandate had problems because the business mandate was delayed. And when the October "Surprise" came around the oft-quoted figure was that 75% of the Obamacare back end had yet to be written. I've also seen emails back from June of 2013 were Sebelius knew there were major problems. In IT speak we call them "show stoppers." When you have steering team meetings the Project Manager lays everything out on the table.

No, CGI knew, Sebelius knew, Obama knew and my guess is that a whole bunch of higher ranking Republicans and Democrats knew.

That's why I don't believe the now 7.5MM "signed up" number. Flighty, at best you and Barack Obama are guilty of "blissful and willful ignorance." That's no way to run the most powerful country on the planet.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 02:20 AM   #94
flghtr65
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Being "certified" to get jobs is not the same as actually getting the job.
LLIDIOT you are the one that can't comprehend. CGI along with 16 other I/T contractors were put on streamlined process for being selected for task orders. This stream lined process was put in place to save the government time and money. This occurred while Bush was president. CGI didn't need any help from Mrs Obama or any other insider to get a bid. They were already deemed a qualified vendor that could do the programming work. CGI did not need to go through a full procurement process to get selected for projects. CGI got over 678 million dollars from the Federal Government for programming projects, only 93 million was for HealthCare.Gov.

From the indefinite delivery link.

Q: What is an "indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity" contract?
A: An indefinite-delivery, indefinite quantity contract is used to acquire supplies and/or services when the exact times and/or exact quantities of future deliveries are not known at the time of contract award.
Q: What is a multiple award contract, and why is it better than other contract types?
A: A multiple-award contract confirms that multiple companies have the basic qualifications to perform a general type of work. This type of contract puts into effect the government’s preference for multiple awards for IDIQ-type contracts in order to maximize competition and choice for specific supplies and services.
Q: You contend that this approach will save me time and resources. How is that possible with nine firms to learn about and choose from?
A: The contact center services industry is competitive. It is not uncommon for you to receive bids from more than 20 vendors if the procurement is done through a full and open competition process. The amount of time and resources needed to support a procurement effort through a full and open competition process is greater than through the streamlined competition process our new approach affords.

CGI Federal's winning bid stretches back to 2007, when it was one of 16 companies to get certified on a $4 billion "indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity" contract for upgrading Medicare and Medicaid's systems. Government-Wide Acquisition Contracts — GWACs, as they're affectionately known — allow agencies to issue task orders to pre-vetted companies without going through the full procurement process, but also tend to lock out companies that didn't get on the bandwagon originally. According to USASpending.gov, CGI Federal got a total of $678 million for various services under the contract — including the $93.7 million Healthcare.gov job, which CGI Federal won over three other companies in late 2011.
It's also true that CGI Federal began lobbying as it started winning government work. According to OpenSecrets.org, it has spent $800,000 since 2006 lobbying on several different tax and appropriations bills. That's nothing, though, compared to the many millions of dollars deployed by heavy hitters like Lockheed Martin and Raytheon.*

flghtr65 is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 04:23 AM   #95
flghtr65
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
As other have correctly pointed out, CGI wasn't hired by Bush to write the Obamacare website. To imply that is just intellectually dishonest. Everyone knows to bid for contracts you have to get on an approved vendor list.
CGI was on the approved list. They were on it long before Obama was elected. They got their first contract in 2007. (That would be when Bush was President). Study up Gnadfly.

From the get certified link.

The contract supports CMS' Integrated IT Investment and System Life Cycle Framework, a uniform approach for IT systems development and the CMS IT Modernization Program and initiatives. Task orders will cover life cycle services within a system or application development program, relate with other task orders under the same program and have defined exit criteria for successful completion.

Compliance with the life cycle framework will ensure that current and future application development will meet enterprise architectures and support CMS' investment management process.

The 16 awardees are:
Northrop Grumman
CGI Federal
EDS
Computer Science Corp.
IBM
Lockheed Martin
Science Applications International Corp.
ViPS of Baltimore, Md.
Buccaneer Computer Systems of Baltimore, Md.
IDL Solutions of Vienna, Va.
Quality Software Services of Gaithersburg, Md.
Maricom Systems of Baltimore
2020 LLC of Falls Church, Va.
iFed LLC
Alta Systems Inc. of Fairfax, Va.
Data Computer Corp. of America (DCCA) of Ellicott City, Md.

Old 04-12-2014, 05:10 AM   #96
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
LLIDIOT you are the one that can't comprehend.
You know, you are still having comprehension problems .. in your enthusiasm to overwhelm with lots of double talk .. here is the appropriate quote to explain the GWACs ...

"A multiple-award contract confirms that multiple companies have the basic qualifications to perform a general type of work. This type of contract puts into effect the government’s preference for multiple awards for IDIQ-type contracts in order to maximize competition and choice for specific supplies and services."

Companies get "certified" in advance and put on a list so that individual agencies do not have to go through the bidding process each and every time (as in the IT area) they have some tweaking to do on their IT system.

(HAVE you ever actually been involved in acquisition of vendor services through the vetting and bidding process required by governmental agencies? Can I answer that question based on your naive reading and comprehension? NO!)

Getting on a vendor/provider list in 2007 is not getting a "contract" in 2007.

Most of what you are posting and basing your defense of CGI getting almost 700 million in contract work after Obaminable took office (and Michelle their buddy was around) is a slight of hand to make people, like you and BIGTITS, believe (who want to believe) that George W. Bush "approved" the company so all the want-a-believers can ... BLAME IT ON BUSH!

It's really simple ... simple minded ... on your part .. and your ilk.

BTW .. I didn't call you an "idiot" ... I just pointed out, like I did above, the folly of your enthusiasm to blame EVERY FUCKING FUCK UP OF OBAMINABLE ON BUSH.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:42 AM   #97
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
BTW .. I didn't call you an "idiot" ... I just pointed out, like I did above, the folly of your enthusiasm to blame EVERY FUCKING FUCK UP OF OBAMINABLE ON BUSH.
Turnabout is fair play, LexiLiar!

It sure as hell did not bother you in the least to blame "EVERY FUCKING FUCK UP OF" SHRUBYA ON CLINTON.
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:03 AM   #98
flghtr65
Valued Poster

Quote:
here is the appropriate quote to explain the GWACs ...

"A multiple-award contract confirms that multiple companies have the basic qualifications to perform a general type of work. This type of contract puts into effect the government’s preference for multiple awards for IDIQ-type contracts in order to maximize competition and choice for specific supplies and services."

Companies get "certified" in advance and put on a list so that individual agencies do not have to go through the bidding process each and every time (as in the IT area) they have some tweaking to do on their IT system.

Most of what you are posting and basing your defense of CGI getting almost 700 million in contract work after Obaminable took office (and Michelle their buddy was around) is a slight of hand to make people, like you and BIGTITS, believe (who want to believe) that George W. Bush "approved" the company so all the want-a-believers can ... BLAME IT ON BUSH!

LL what I posted in reply numbers 90 and 94 is accurate. You could click on the link to get a definition of the GWAC's. Let's recap what I said.

1. I said that it was not the fault of Bush that CGI did a bad job on the website. CGI was put on the approved list of vendors in 2007 for a 4 billion contract that had multiple works orders or projects, some with start dates unknown. This is fact.

2. There were only 16 Contractors/Vendors on this list. The significance of being on this approved list is that government agencies will use a more streamlined approach for assigning work orders or task orders to the approved vendor. In layman terms this means no full procurement process(bidding) will be followed to assign the work order. All 16 vendors have been pre-approved.

3. So, once you are on this list you have at least a 1 in 16 chance of winning any bid that will be assigned using this streamlined process. This process was put in place to save the government money.

4. The work order for the HealthCare.gov website would be assigned using this streamlined process. What this means is only 16 vendors in the world could be selected to do the work on HealthCare.gov, CGI being one the 16. No other outside vendors will be considered. COF are you following this?

4a. CGI chances for getting the work order improved from 1 in 16 to 1 in 3 because only two other companies/vendors put in a bid to work on the HealthCare.gov website. This is without any help from any insider, like Mrs. Obama.

5. To wrap this up, to win the bid for the work on the HealthCare.gov, you had to be on the approved list. CGI was put on this list in 2007 when Bush was President and before Obama was elected.

6. Unless you have a voice mail or email or some other evidence that Mrs. Obama pulled strings in order for CGI to win the bid, you don't have anything. CGI was in a good position to win the bid without her assistance.

7. LL, if you take back saying I can't read/comprehend and I will take back calling you an idiot. Deal?

Old 04-13-2014, 09:37 AM   #99
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Unbelievable.

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:17 PM   #100
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Unbelievable.

keep telling yourself that, it'll change everything ....
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:28 PM   #101
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
Turnabout is fair play, LexiLiar!

It sure as hell did not bother you in the least to blame "EVERY FUCKING FUCK UP OF" SHRUBYA ON CLINTON.
Actually, I didn't. ... if that intoxicated spelling refers to George W. Bush.

But Ms. Clinton blamed Monica on the great Conservator Conspiracy!

Clinton and Bush agreed on a lot of stuff ... like OBL was a "mean man" ...

... and Iraq should not be allowed to continue developing WMD's.

What I usually referenced about Clinton is his agreement with Bush on principles ... and facts .... and apparently he still does ... "see Africa"!

It would have probably been better on the country as a whole had Clinton taken OBL more seriously and arrested him on the warrant he had issued for OBL in 1998. But ... someone might think he was trying to detract attention away from his lying about getting a blow job in the Oral Office .. right?
Old 04-13-2014, 04:29 PM   #102
flghtr65
Valued Poster

Quote:

Here is a copy of a work order for $4 million that was given to CGI Federal in 2008. This would be before Obama was elected. The order was pulled from the USASpending.gov website. Question for you LexusLover, did Mrs. Obama pull some strings to have CGI get this work order? CGI had already been put on the approved vendor list back in 2007 when Bush was president.

Transaction # 77 (Delivery Order)
IDVPIID/PIID/MOD: HHSM500200700015I / HHSM5000002 / 0

Recipient: CGI FEDERAL INC.
12601 FAIR LAKES CIR, FAIRFAX, Virginia Program Source: Not reported Department/Agency: Department of Health and Human Services: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Product/Service: D399: OTHER ADP & TELECOMMUNICATIONS SVCS Description: ENTERPRISE SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT Signed Date:
08-01-2008
Obligation Amount:
$4,000,000
Old 04-13-2014, 05:32 PM   #103
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
if that intoxicated spelling refers to George W. Bush.

Quote:
But apparently the Obaminable "Administration" doesn't understand the distinction between ... "signing up" for something and actually getting it either.
If Shrubya is considered an "intoxicated spelling," Obaminable must be a "terrible morning after hangover spelling."

The rumors may be accurate, LexiLiar may very well be a founding member of the Idiot Family.

It very well may be that LexiLiar is JD's and IB's long-lost Daddy? Stay tuned!

If true, you can't blame LexiLiar for not claiming those two Idiots.
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:50 PM   #104
flghtr65
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
He HAD to hire CGI because Bush did. Obama had NO OTHER CHOICE!!
No, COF there were 16 vendors on the approved list. The government agency that assigned the work order for HealthCare.gov website could choose from anyone who put in a bid from this list. CGI and two other companies submitted a bid. CGI was selected.

From the get certified link.

The contract supports CMS' Integrated IT Investment and System Life Cycle Framework, a uniform approach for IT systems development and the CMS IT Modernization Program and initiatives. Task orders will cover life cycle services within a system or application development program, relate with other task orders under the same program and have defined exit criteria for successful completion.

Compliance with the life cycle framework will ensure that current and future application development will meet enterprise architectures and support CMS' investment management process.

The 16 awardees are:
Northrop Grumman
CGI Federal
EDS
Computer Science Corp.
IBM
Lockheed Martin
Science Applications International Corp.
ViPS of Baltimore, Md.
Buccaneer Computer Systems of Baltimore, Md.
IDL Solutions of Vienna, Va.
Quality Software Services of Gaithersburg, Md.
Maricom Systems of Baltimore
2020 LLC of Falls Church, Va.
iFed LLC
Alta Systems Inc. of Fairfax, Va.
Data Computer Corp. of America (DCCA) of Ellicott City, Md.

Old 04-13-2014, 07:14 PM   #105
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
.... there were 16 vendors on the approved list. The government agency that assigned the work order for HealthCare.gov website could choose from anyone who put in a bid from this list. CGI and two other companies submitted a bid. CGI was selected.
You keep making the point, and you apparently don't even realize it.

CGI was selected for the ObminableCare website ...

.. there is NO EVIDENCE that CGI was selected TO WORK on any other project ... being "approved" to work on any project doesn't mean anything.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women