Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70710
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60379
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41555
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35931
Mojojo33117

Old 03-19-2012, 11:37 PM   #91
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Ernest I just got my son out. I hope the best for you and your son. Be praying for y'all. My son went in a fucked up little shit and came out a Man. Thank God everything seems to be OK.

The Sargent better get a fair trial. Dudes head was fucked. Seeing your bud blown in half day before. 5th fucking tour and a head injury. This country better not do our best wrong... Fuckem......I'm telling y'all...............
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:38 PM   #92
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Shut the fuck up COG.
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:00 AM   #93
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I'd really rather not shut the fuck up. I have no animosity to that soldier that went nuts, I'm surprised more of them don't go crazy. We treat our servicemen horribly, and these guys are volunteering to take bullets for us, for me! And our government sends them off on these ridiculous missions in the bowels of hell, and we expect them to act rationally.

And then we expect the citizens of the occupied country to roll over and do whatever we tell them. Most don't even know why we're there. So we're in their country, killing their friends and family, and then they take some shots against us, and they are the bad guys? It depends on your perspective.

I love and respect our soldiers, I love and respect them enough to be upset when they are sent out on a useless and unwinnable mission. Our soldiers are brave young men and women, they are NOT cannon fodder expendable so defense contractors can improve their bottom line.

Does anyone know why we are STILL in Afghanistan? What is our mission? What is the definition of victory? Let's get out of there, now. Bring our soldiers home before any more tragedies occur. For God's sake, bring them home!
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:25 AM   #94
Guest102513-1
Account Disabled

Default What is a Terrorist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post
Ernest I just got my son out. I hope the best for you and your son. Be praying for y'all. My son went in a fucked up little shit and came out a Man. Thank God everything seems to be OK.

The Sargent better get a fair trial. Dudes head was fucked. Seeing your bud blown in half day before. 5th fucking tour and a head injury. This country better not do our best wrong... Fuckem......I'm telling y'all...............
First off, congrats on having your son not only home, but doing well.

Unforunately the stats show that many returning young men, from our various military activities oversea do not fare as well as your son...so first off good for both your son and you.

But this "We support our Troops" rallying call falls so short....once they return home. In many parts of the country the VA system is totally lacking in infrastructure to help when our boys come home...it is embarrasing.

I wish the attention and the emotions that are devoted to things like gay marriage, birth control in insurance plan...or even better yet, how did my fantasy football player do in the free agency. That type of attention could be also devoted to providing the type of quality help to our boys after we have sent them into battle.

And I have found, when questioning folks about "Supporting Our Troops" in sending them into the "fight for freedom", that when I ask them point blank...is that fight worth sending your son, your brother, your father into harms way, they get amazingly quiet.

And some of the comments in this thread about nuking countries, potentially engaging in military activities that could kill innocent women and children, blindly classifying a religion of hundreds of millions individuals as our enemey ...I am sorry, but remind me what the difference in that type of thinking and a "terrorist" type of thinking.

Without question, show no mercy to those that attempt terrorist activities against us. But when I see some of the thoughts expressed in this thread...I sadly can see where others would confuse us as the terrorist
Guest102513-1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:37 AM   #95
Guest102513-1
Account Disabled

Oh, and one final thought....not that this would ever happen

But if we really want to decrease the amount of military spending...start the draft up again.

All the sudden, when everyone could be potentially be sent out to "fight for freedom"...both directly or indirectly...we as a country would be far more diligent in deciding when to send our boys into harms way.
Guest102513-1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:39 AM   #96
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkmaster View Post

But this "We support our Troops" rallying call falls so short....once they return home. In many parts of the country the VA system is totally lacking in infrastructure to help when our boys come home...it is embarrasing.
Support our troops to the right means to send our troops to war while cutting taxes at the same time and then bitch about the deficit.

Some support.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:21 AM   #97
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkmaster View Post
Oh, and one final thought....not that this would ever happen

But if we really want to decrease the amount of military spending...start the draft up again.

All the sudden, when everyone could be potentially be sent out to "fight for freedom"...both directly or indirectly...we as a country would be far more diligent in deciding when to send our boys into harms way.
+1
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:14 AM   #98
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default JD would be the first one I'd draft

+2 too.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:22 AM   #99
Af-Freakin
BANNED

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Support our troops to the right means to send our troops to war while cutting taxes at the same time and then bitch about the deficit.

Some support.
get ready, those rightwingteanuts r gunna say cutting taxes miraculously raises tax revenue. LOL! its majic! LOL!
Af-Freakin is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:25 AM   #100
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Af-Freakin View Post
get ready, those rightwingteanuts r gunna say cutting taxes miraculously raises tax revenue. LOL! its majic! LOL!
They only know of the Laffer Curve. They do not actually understand it.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:56 AM   #101
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
They only know of the Laffer Curve. They do not actually understand it.
Explain the Laffer Curve to us. I'm assuming you "actually understand it". We're waiting. This ought to be good.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:53 AM   #102
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

"start the draft again"

Gee, that worked out so well in Vietnam.

My service number had "US" in front of it. Many of you older guys know what that designates.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:58 AM   #103
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
Explain the Laffer Curve to us. I'm assuming you "actually understand it". We're waiting. This ought to be good.
It does not state that always cutting taxes always raises tax revenue.

Do you understand that?

I doubt it because you always spout off about lowering taxes will walways increase tax revenue.

The more you spout off on this subject, the more you will get your ass handed to you.

Most of you wing nuts will point to Reagan's tax cuts without ever looking at the tax revenue stream he increased by way of regressive taxes. Such as the gas tax ans increasing the SS tax.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:21 AM   #104
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
It does not state that always cutting taxes always raises tax revenue.

Do you understand that?

I doubt it because you always spout off about lowering taxes will walways increase tax revenue.
I absolutely understand it. Art Laffer said that the income tax can be too low or too high. If you tax at a one percent rate you won't get sufficient revenue. If you tax at ninety percent rate you won't either. The goal is to find the optimal rate.

The whole point of the Laffer Curve (supply side economics) is to not tax at a rate that is so high that its negative effect on economic growth produces a net loss.

I do think a lot of conservatives just robotically respond that a lower income tax rate will always produce an increase in revenue. Art Laffer never said. Even John Maynard Keynes (FDR's favorite economist) ackowledged that the income tax can be so high that it results in a decrease in revenue.

John Maynard Keynes was once in a conference with a room full of fellow economists. He said that he believed he was the only non-Keynesian in the room. The point being that his actual theories had been so completely misunderstood and bastardized that they no longer reflected his core beliefs. To some extent, I think that Art Laffer must feel the same way. It might interest you to know that Art Laffer thought that Bill Clinton did a great job with the economy. That one has me a little puzzled.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #105
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

The Laffer Curve simply states that at some level of taxation, revenue will begin to decrease. If you think we are on that side of the curve, then reducing taxes will increase revenue. If we are on the other side of the curve, raising taxes will increase revenue. I think most people think we are on the side of the curve that indicates that revenue will increase if we lower taxes.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women