Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70712
biomed162553
Yssup Rider60382
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41568
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid35954
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 08-10-2016, 09:27 AM   #91
Randall Creed
Valued Poster

Encounters: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolongus View Post
I honestly had never heard this definition of the word "thug" until I read this post. And I believe the weatherman didn't, either. If there was something in his background that indicated he was racist, then maybe he lied about his intent of using the word...?

Let's say you and I are at a ball game and the home team makes a spectacular play. If I turn to you and say "Boy!!! That was beautiful, wasn't it?!?"
Are you going to be offended?
Like most all things said, it would depend on the tone of your voice.

'Boy' gets said in dialogue all the time.

[Two guys approaching each other] "What's up boyee!"

Or, "Oh, that's my boy right there. He's cool."

Or, "My boy hit the game winning shot...again!!"

Vs., "Hey, boy. Yeah, you. Take out my garbage."

Context and tone.
Randall Creed is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 09:44 AM   #92
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Boy, you's crazy!

I hear that one a lot.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:07 PM   #93
PeterBota
BANNED

Encounters: 28

Boy... Yessum Master
PeterBota is offline   Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 01:44 PM   #94
SisterTwister
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2733048

2 thoughts:

we are way over the politically correct line when a fucking weatherman is forced out over a rather benign statement.

Facebook is not your friend.. this is 2016.. act accordingly.
It wasn't a "benign comment", and if it was your child, brother, husband, etc...gunned down by police you wouldn't think so. The DOJ just released the largest report ever on an urban police department with their review of the Baltimore PD. It's a scathing 150 page indictment of a department steeped in deep systemic racism at every level of their operation. It won't be the last such report to peel back the curtain.

A TV weatherman has no way of knowing who's a thug, and putting your personal politics out there when you work for a TV station is incredibly foolish.

Good riddance.
SisterTwister is offline   Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 01:55 PM   #95
dallasfan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 89

I think we all know what a thug is....don't think you have to be an expert to figure that out.

If you are robbing stores and pushing around old men...you are definitely a thug. It's tough to argue that.
dallasfan is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:41 AM   #96
dallasfan
Valued Poster

the protest in Milwaukee erupted over another police shooting.

The protest was over a 23 yo armed black man being shot by the police. The police officer was a 24 yo black man.

Now I'm confused. A black cop shooting a black suspect can't be racism. Can it?
Old 08-15-2016, 09:06 PM   #97
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasfan View Post

The protest was over a 23 yo armed black man being shot by the police. The police officer was a 24 yo black man.

Not all excessive force cases involve racism. And when folks are pissed off about 400 years of mistreatment, they sometimes jump to conclusions. I have no idea what happened in the Milwaukee shooting, and neither do you. All we know is what the MSM thinks they know, which often bears little relationship to the truth. But far too many people die at the hands of police in the US compared to other nations. Some of that is the tragedy of the incredible proliferation and easy availability of guns in this country. But it's one of the safest times in history to be a cop. Yet increasing numbers of out own citizens die at their hands every year. And when it the last time we've heard of a cop going to the penitentiary for shooting a civilian?
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 01:18 PM   #98
dallasfan
Valued Poster

I have yet to meet a 400 yo. Not sure why current blacks under 50 are mad about mistreatment. They have all the more benefits than any other race currently in the form of opportunity. Affirmative action and black only scholarships. They are too busy making excuses instead of taking advantage of them.

The parts of the United States where these shootings happen are usually more like third world countries. They are dragging white people out of cars in Milwaukee and beating them. This is over a black cop shooting a black suspect. Most likely a justified shooting. I would venture to say probably 90% of police shootings are justified shootings. If you don't want police to do their jobs you better get ready for violence like in Mexico. That's what is going to happen.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:32 PM   #99
mediavolume
Valued Poster

Encounters: 74

I would gladly sit and talk issue by issue with any black person that feels BLM is a good thing. But not on this board where its worthless and just turns into name calling.
mediavolume is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:45 AM   #100
Vivienne Rey
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 23639
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediavolume View Post
I would gladly sit and talk issue by issue with any black person that feels BLM is a good thing. But not on this board where its worthless and just turns into name calling.
Well, I wouldn't call you nasty names. I'm not a fan of some of what I've seen, but I can't say for sure that those people represent BLM. If so, it's clear they need to clean house. But whether or not we approve, BLM is necessary. They wouldn't exist if their concerns weren't actually valid.
Vivienne Rey is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:45 AM   #101
Randall Creed
Valued Poster

Quote:
I have yet to meet a 400 yo. Not sure why current blacks under 50 are mad about mistreatment. They have all the more benefits than any other race currently in the form of opportunity. Affirmative action and black only scholarships. They are too busy making excuses instead of taking advantage of them.

The parts of the United States where these shootings happen are usually more like third world countries. They are dragging white people out of cars in Milwaukee and beating them. This is over a black cop shooting a black suspect. Most likely a justified shooting. I would venture to say probably 90% of police shootings are justified shootings. If you don't want police to do their jobs you better get ready for violence like in Mexico. That's what is going to happen.
Let me guess, you were there to determine or not if it was 'most likely' justified.

If not, you're just making assumptions, which is really convenient to make, 1,000 miles away in the comfort of your own living room, probably from one in a privilege based setting (see how I just made an assumption, there).

Yeah, because mistreatment of blacks STOPPED COLD after 1865...only, it DIDN'T.

Geez, why we still have to go through bullshit like this.
Old 08-17-2016, 09:50 AM   #102
Randall Creed
Valued Poster

Quote:

It's not always about racism, but abuse of power...particularly in this case.

Come on, dude. You GOTTA be smarter than this.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:17 AM   #103
Bbond
Registered Member

Encounters: 3

White folks are something else. The ONLY people on earth to wreak havoc in every corner of the globe then have the nerve to act as the moral standard. Calling protesters thugs by default is calling them the N-word for sure.
Bbond is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:18 AM   #104
Bbond
Registered Member

Encounters: 3

Police brutality isn't about white vs black, it's about POLICE BRUTALITY.
Bbond is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 07:40 PM   #105
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbond View Post
White folks are something else. The ONLY people on earth to wreak havoc in every corner of the globe then have the nerve to act as the moral standard. Calling protesters thugs by default is calling them the N-word for sure.
odd statement you make, considering black people are disliked in virtually every corner of the globe.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women