Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70722
biomed162786
Yssup Rider60479
gman4453240
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48490
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41869
CryptKicker37190
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36246
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 04-27-2013, 11:18 AM   #91
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Encounters: 15

For me, I prefer to end the Dune series after the first three books and try to ignore the rest of it (yes, even God-Emperor).

I dabble in various different fields of nerdism. Less in video games these days and probably heaviest in MTG (and still somewhat keep up with what's going on in comics).

Occasionally a supers or Pathfinder RPG group will start up and I'll play that until those things invariably drop off and die out.
jbravo_123 is offline   Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:18 PM   #92
yardbird74
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

I don't know if I fit in with the type of nerdery being discussed.

I am a Brit Lit nerd with a collection of Shakespearean DVD's who idolizes the character of Falstaff (he is so who I plan to be in about 10 years...maybe not a thief though).

I am a Metal Nerd who is enjoying the resurgence of thrash metal bands of the 80's and 90's.

I am a Comedian Nerd who follows Louis CK and Patton Oswalt, and holds George Carlin and Bill Hicks in reverence.

As far as the nerdisms that have already been covered here though -- I am more Star Wars than Star Trek, and I'm more DC than Marvel.
yardbird74 is offline   Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:03 PM   #93
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardbird74 View Post
I don't know if I fit in with the type of nerdery being discussed.

I am a Brit Lit nerd with a collection of Shakespearean DVD's who idolizes the character of Falstaff (he is so who I plan to be in about 10 years...maybe not a thief though).

I am a Metal Nerd who is enjoying the resurgence of thrash metal bands of the 80's and 90's.

I am a Comedian Nerd who follows Louis CK and Patton Oswalt, and holds George Carlin and Bill Hicks in reverence.

As far as the nerdisms that have already been covered here though -- I am more Star Wars than Star Trek, and I'm more DC than Marvel.
Come on in, the water's fine!

If you like metal stuff, there's a show called Metalocalypse which is both hilarious and surprisingly metal.

NetFlix has a bunch of George Carlin and Louis CK shows up on the streaming list. I've watched quite a few of the Carlin ones, but still have yet to get around to the Louis CK stuff (which I've heard multiple times now that he's pretty funny). I've also got one of Aisha Tyler's shows on the queue.

I'm more of a DC fan than Marvel as well, although I used to read books from the big two as well as plenty of Indy titles (yes, Vertigo and Wildstorm are technically DC properties, but I still consider them Indy labels, damnit!).
Old 04-27-2013, 04:10 PM   #94
zerodahero
Account Frozen

Encounters: 41

Played alot of D&D and AD&D back in the day. We had a big group 8 players. Made it fun with alot of players. No xbox or playstation back then. It helps having Rush and Mercyful Fate (on vinyl of course) playing in the background!
zerodahero is offline   Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:13 PM   #95
bojulay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

TJ Hooker or McCloud, in a bicycle race with two flat tires.
bojulay is offline   Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:32 PM   #96
Trey
Valued Poster

Encounters: 70
Default A little nerd help

Hey I got a Xbox that just got e74 and a ps3 fat with the YLOD. I've had them repaired once before, but before I have to break down and just buy new ones wanted to see if anyone has tried the towel trick or the hair dryer thing let me know how it went. Or any method you may have used to get the last life out of your system.
Trey is offline   Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:51 PM   #97
sexxytexxan
Valued Poster

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbravo_123 View Post
NetFlix has a bunch of George Carlin and Louis CK shows up on the streaming list. I've watched quite a few of the Carlin ones, but still have yet to get around to the Louis CK stuff (which I've heard multiple times now that he's pretty funny).
George Carlin was my favorite comedian for years and years until I found out about Louis CK. Definitely check him out.

Quote:
Star Wars > Star Trek
DC vs Marvel is more difficult, though. Obviously I'm a Batman guy, but Marvel has volume, totally.
sexxytexxan is offline   Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #98
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

Encounters: 4

"Earth women who experience sexual ecstasy with mechanical assistance always tend to feel guilty!"
Wakeup is offline   Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:13 PM   #99
yardbird74
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexxytexxan View Post
George Carlin was my favorite comedian for years and years until I found out about Louis CK. Definitely check him out.

Star Wars > Star Trek
DC vs Marvel is more difficult, though. Obviously I'm a Batman guy, but Marvel has volume, totally.
Louis CK is a genius.

Batman and Superman alone for me put DC over Marvel. I will admit, Marvel has the greater range of somewhat interesting characters, but DC has the two coolest.
yardbird74 is offline   Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:42 PM   #100
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

Encounters: 4

Oh...

Eastman and Laird...fuck Viacom...
Wakeup is offline   Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:48 PM   #101
Dorian Gray
Premium Access

Encounters: 61

mystery science theatre 3000... What say you?!
Dorian Gray is offline   Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:51 PM   #102
jbravo_123
Verified Member

The title of this review made me lol:

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=725675
Old 04-27-2013, 10:33 PM   #103
Raptorcg
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey View Post
Hey I got a Xbox that just got e74 and a ps3 fat with the YLOD. I've had them repaired once before, but before I have to break down and just buy new ones wanted to see if anyone has tried the towel trick or the hair dryer thing let me know how it went. Or any method you may have used to get the last life out of your system.
I had my PS3 die and used the hot air gun trick, I had already baught another but because those ass wipes at sony won't let you transfer your media without the old one running, I needed to get it crippling along for the 3 hour transfer. It did the trick, don't know towel trick. Not sure it is long term solution though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian Gray View Post
mystery science theatre 3000... What say you?!
Loved MST3K, but back before they kicked out Joel, did not care for Mike Nelson mid season 5 on
Raptorcg is offline   Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:50 PM   #104
Guest100613
Account Disabled

User ID: 155138
My ECCIE Reviews

Futurama and MST3K are/were awesome (but only with Joel).
Did anyone else watch Red Dwarf? I got my favorite getting-around-the-high-school-censors expletive ever from that show. Smeg. If I was feeling particularly aggravated, smegma.
Guest100613 is offline   Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:23 AM   #105
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCFE View Post
Futurama and MST3K are/were awesome (but only with Joel).
Did anyone else watch Red Dwarf? I got my favorite getting-around-the-high-school-censors expletive ever from that show. Smeg. If I was feeling particularly aggravated, smegma.
Sadly, Red Dwarf is one of those classic nerd street cred shows I never got around to watching. I do have it queued up though!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women