Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > Coed Discussions - Austin
test
Coed Discussions - Austin Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70793
biomed163198
Yssup Rider60873
gman4453287
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48638
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42529
CryptKicker37215
The_Waco_Kid36942
Mokoa36496
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 09-26-2010, 04:27 PM   #91
guest031012
Account Disabled

User ID: 2365
My ECCIE Reviews

Some of the attitudes, "advice" and straight up disrespect in this thread is why I will never visit Austin.

Unbelieveable.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:30 PM   #92
mastermind238
Valued Poster

Encounters: 37

Since I arrived in Austin in 1999 I've seen many other elements of local adult entertainment decline dramatically. When I first got here strip clubs all over town were packed almost all the time, and the talent was pretty good. And there were at least a half-dozen jack shacks, even a couple near me in south Austin. I'm not sure how many strip clubs have closed, but the ones that remain open are struggling. At least I get that impression from the fact that they're nearly empty all the time and the talent there is generally sub-par (Palazio being a distinct exception). And how many jack shacks have closed? Avalon, Lingerie Dreams (all 3 locations), at least 2 others whose names I can't remember? At least two more that opened after I arrived and have since closed as well?

Seems to me that whatever economic/social conditions that have so severely impacted strip clubs and jack shacks is almost certainly to blame for the current state of hobbying.

One additional factor to consider. If anyone here has mentioned the phenomenon of the part-time provider, I seem to have missed it. Many providers I've seen since I started hobbying are employed full time or part time, or are students. They hobby in their spare time for a little extra spending money. That does two things. It decouples the demand from price to some extent. A part-time provider who doesn't rely on her hobbying income to pay the mortgage is likely not to pay much attention to overall market conditions. She is just as likely to charge too little (that is to say, well below what the "market" will bear) as she is to charge too much. In the first case, this creates an unrealistic expectation among hobbyists that they can get $$$ service for $$. In the second case, it creates the unrealistic expectation among some providers that they can get $$$ for $$ service. Don't forget that we have a fresh crop of UT freshmen every year with the potential to severely disrupt the market for established providers, by precisely this mechanism.

Overall I'd say the best answer to the original question posed in this thread is that providers simply have to adapt to the new reality and lower their expectations. This isn't the same Austin I moved to in 1999. If being a full-time provider isn't paying the bills and putting money in the bank, then do it part-time and get a part-time job that provides some benefits. Or do something else altogether, like take classes part time to prepare yourself for life after hobbying.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:37 PM   #93
Guest061511-2
Account Disabled

User ID: 6596
My ECCIE Reviews

Originally Posted by BritneyBangs
I have some thoughts and questions.

Yeah, interesting post.

I believe there is a market for everything. If your business is geared to toward the men that have a price floor rather than a price bottom and you reduce your rates than you are hurting your business that comes from those types of clients. Those clients will most likely equate lower rates with higher volume and be turned off.

Sounds plausible. There was a newspaper interview of a courtesan who indicated that her business didn't slow until her rates got *very* high. That said, *this* market - Eccie Austin - doesn't seem to be that kind of market, at least to me and some of the other posters. You are right 78704. This eccie market isn't really what I was refering to. I don't believe I refered to myself in the above statement. It was a just a statement in general. A lady can advertise herself at one rate here and another to the public or TER just for example, and catch all the markets at every price if she wanted to.

From my experience, lower rates do not mean higher volume or equal out financially. The times I have advertised hh sessions and low rates I actually get less business. Also, if you are a lady that only sees 3 or 4 clients a week and you drastically reduce your rates you will either have to see a lot more clients, which I have never been able to do, as I am not a robot.

Calling higher volume ladies 'robots' seems hurtful, perhaps you could rephrase.

Why should I rephrase? I didn't mean that in a negative way.You just suggested I did. It is what it is, and if a lady can do whatever number of appointments per day that equals high volume good for her.

The inverse supply-demand curve is interesting. Expecting to make a nice living on 3-4 hours of work a week again seems unreasonable to me.

It is unreasonable which is why I do a number of things like run my own business, provide Domme services, and massage. I think I already mentioned that though.

I am sure some girls don't care and some girls feel the same as I do. I have had success by developing other interests and providing other services like massage etc. I also made sure I had other means of income coming in. I agree with Karma that some girls can't go out and get "a real job" which by the way I really resent that statement. Providing is " a real job". I think some men are just resentful they can't provide. If they could they sure the hell would! Some of the ladies here have ptsd and other mental or emotional problems that it make it very difficult to have "a real job". Sometimes, this is the only thing seperating them from the lady on the corner holding up a sighn begging for money. I am not whining and I don't see any other provider on here whining eithier, but I will say that most providers do not make 100k per year.

Most of the guys don't either. I don't.

Personally, my expenses are upwards of 1500 per month to provide.

That's interesting. I'd be interested in more detail if you're comfortable sharing it.

Sure, I don't mind spending my time sharing more details with you.
I spend about 800 per month for an incall. Liquor, drinks, bottled water, toiletries for men and myself, laundry detergent, condoms *for toys only of course* and food costs about 150 per month, some times more. Then there are gas expenses, equipment and gadgets for BDSM play, masssage oil and supplies. Lets see...then their is lingerie, manicures, pedicures, etc. It adds up, but I am not complaining as it is necessary.

Again, I am not whining. I am just stating a fact that may be not taken into consideration by many. I do agree that a lady or anyone shouldn't put all their eggs in one basket. We have a shelf life and knowing that, it seems we should prepare somehow for that by getting a job, going to school, saving, learning better financial habits etc.

Thanks, Britney; great post.

I am glad you like posts 78704, it really means a lot to me.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:39 PM   #94
VictoriaLyn
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 2709
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant View Post
I love reading Amber's posts. always Jet Setting to the coasts... I'm only a budget hobbyist from Texas, but I do browse Eros, BP, and P411 for California & New York on occasion... and I currently see very attractive girls charging 250hr-300hr... and the girls @ 350-500 are usually DDG & VERY Fit. I really don't believe the ladies currently experiencing hardships in Austin have what it takes to compete with the providers in those particular markets... If so, they would be fully booked here in Texas. Just a thought...

So is it prices or looks?

I honestly think it is a mix of a bunch of things rates in combination of other things.. ..rates=to looks....rates=to tcb.... rates=to skills..

I know I am not the prettiest provider and I am no where near hard body college girl but I do have some of the lowest rates in Austin and stay low volume..Been told I have awesome TCB and skill (Some are amazed when a big girl can do spinner things) Granted I am nowhere near new meat ..I get what the excitement is about for the new and young hard body...what I dont understand is when these girls fuck you over why do some guys get that well she wont do that to me mentality???

With all the risk that can come with this wouldnt you want to cut out some of that by seeing a well known well respected SAFE provider???

Dont get me wrong I am not complaining about how my business is going..I have a market and it works for me.I have established multihr regulars and I get by..Could it be better yes but I am content right now...It took me a long long long time to be ok with doing a once in a while 15min/80 ...When it came down to it $20 less was better then no money at all.....
Old 09-26-2010, 04:40 PM   #95
Whispers
Hope I haven't bored you!

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant View Post
I love reading Amber's posts. always Jet Setting to the coasts... I'm only a budget hobbyist from Texas, but I do browse Eros, BP, and P411 for California & New York on occasion... and I currently see very attractive girls charging 250hr-300hr... and the girls @ 350-500 are usually DDG & VERY Fit. I really don't believe the ladies currently experiencing hardships in Austin have what it takes to compete with the providers in those particular markets... If so, they would be fully booked here in Texas. Just a thought...
I travel to the West Coast a bit and there is no shortage of $180-$250 talent...

But I agree that there is no question that there are far more $500-$2000 an hour gals out there and clients willing to pay it.....

but I also agree that any lady in Austin with not just the looks, but the personality and education to appeal to men spending that much..... would be doing quite well here at $250-$350 an hour.....

Ya have to keep in mind those markets are dominated by ladies
with manicures, pedicures, pedigrees, a closet full of $200 dresses and $300 shoes with professional photo shoots that were aspiring models or actresses before they took this plunge
Old 09-26-2010, 04:41 PM   #96
Guest112113-3
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by blenderhead View Post
OK, I'll tell you what pisses me off about some tried and true verified providers.

Improve TCB. Make us feel special. If I send you a appointment request with a specific date and time, don't just reply with a one-liner like "I'd love to see you baby". Put just a little more effort into it. Not much, just a little.

If something comes up and I have to cancel, and I do so several days before the appointment, reply saying that's too bad and hope we can meet soon instead of just blowing me off. I almost never cancel, but had to cancel with two providers recently because I got a bad cold. One of them was known for being sweet and having great TCB. Both of the providers replied with one-line sentences and both blew me off after I had to cancel. Will I try to book again? I doubt it.

If I email you after an appointment and said I had a good time and hope to see you again soon, reply in kind instead of blowing me off.

A lot of very well reviewed ladies here need to learn some basic customer service skills, because if you truly are hurting for business you should have the time to show some interest in clients that are interested in seeing you.

I've actually had better TCB from some providers that are known for being flaky than the "tried and true" providers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RALPHEY BOY View Post
Good points Blender,

Let me add this too what Blender said,
if you are a $300 an hour gal, ACT LIKE IT,,
make sure your TCB is good, make sure you deliver what you promise, no one likes to feel like they were duped in to paying more for less
WORD plus 100..

Personally I have no problem spending the monies, so as RB mentions give me the service that you promise and what is expected for that amount. If are a 300 p/hr., act it, if you are 500 p/hr., you better be a 500 per/hr provider, don't give me 200 and expect me to come back for more. Its not going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieYoung View Post
Some of the attitudes, "advice" and straight up disrespect in this thread is why I will never visit Austin.

Unbelieveable.
Not sure if anyone here has missed you either....but thats your choice of course.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:43 PM   #97
Whispers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieYoung View Post

Unbelieveable.

You might do well..... The competition for traveling BBWs (She states it in her profile) in Austin is nonexistent..... Then again we have a fair share of those gals here already.....But they have been around a while.......

But a lot of your Spinner Sisters are coming down here though and taking back a lot of our hard earned money......

Which is kinda what this thread is about.......

There is a lot of Austin money leaving Austin in the hands of competitive providers.....

Your Turn....
Old 09-26-2010, 04:52 PM   #98
Whispers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermind238 View Post
...... Don't forget that we have a fresh crop of UT freshmen every year with the potential to severely disrupt the market for established providers, by precisely this mechanism.

And after a few years of things going in the wrong direction, younger ladies are taking a more liberal outlook on utilizing their assets....

And the part-timers definitely value themselves differently.....

Old 09-26-2010, 04:57 PM   #99
Guest061511-2
Account Disabled

User ID: 6596
My ECCIE Reviews

Some of the ladies here have ptsd and other mental or emotional problems that it make it very difficult to have "a real job". @ Sacker, This is only one example of the many many reasons why some girls find it hard to get and maintain a job. I certainly agree with you about the men with ptsd as my father is a veteran with it. I am not saying they shouldn't try to get a job. I was just offering one example of why it is hard for some women. I really think that if you were a woman and you provided you would change your mind about it not being " a real job". But I certainly can't change your mentality and your opinions are your opinions.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:02 PM   #100
rekcaSxT
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 62

I certainly respect the good providers who do a good "job" but until all this is legal and taxed etc.... I refuse to consider it a real job.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:12 PM   #101
VictoriaLyn
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 2709
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcaSxT View Post
I certainly respect the good providers who do a good "job" but until all this is legal and taxed etc.... I refuse to consider it a real job.

Some of us actually do pay our taxes I know I do every year since I was 15..but thats for another thread
Old 09-26-2010, 05:17 PM   #102
Sensia
Account Disabled

User ID: 6814
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by allofamber View Post
Ladies..Ladies..Ladies...why oh why are you all getting so upset?..You want a solution to your problem...here it is.....

This is how you make top dollar...

1. Get off of backpage...go to Erosguide.com get you an ad...

2. Get some really nice pictures done.

3. Price yourself at $300 an hr and up.

4. Then get ready to TRAVEL!!! get out of Texas the big money is not here...you want to to make $350 to $500 an hr...then go to New York, Boston, Chicago, LA, Washington State, DC, Florida, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Minneapolis (just to name a few)

I promise, you will work (MAX) 5 days a month and make more than you make all month in Austin....

I have a lot of HDH friends that only work the east coast and west coasts..and they all say the same thing "I live in Texas, but I'll never work there.." (not all guys) but a LARGE portion of them in Texas are on a hobby budget....and they want to stay in a certain range, so if there's not enough cash to go around then get on a plane and go get it....

It's out there I promise....and how nice will it be to not have to work at all when your at home...you leave to another state..get all your money...come home turn your phone off and your done for the month.....

If any of you ladies needs help..just PM me, I do know of other ways, for you guys to make money when your having slow periods...trust me you dont have to lower your rates..you need to stay on the higher end.

Keep your chin up ladies..things can get better, if you just start thinking outside the box.

Amber

Very well said Amber..
Old 09-26-2010, 05:39 PM   #103
Mature Companion
Uninhibited Milf

User ID: 1768
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman View Post
it beats sitting around the girls locker room bitching about how slow it is.

Exactly how do YOU know what may or may not be discussed in the providers locker room?
Where/whom are YOU getting your information from??

AllofAmber,

That's the BEST advice in this entire thread!

In fact, ladies need to be upping their rates and kicking the whiners to the curb!
Old 09-26-2010, 06:01 PM   #104
Budman
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmanmia View Post

How things are is this... The women who have worked so hard to get verified, maintain reputations, maintain fantastic bodies and levels of service for YOU, are STARVING!! Most are entirely too prideful to ever let anyone know this, but being retired allows me much time to read the Powderroom and other backchannels. And fellas, it aint good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Milf View Post
Exactly how do YOU know what may or may not be discussed in the providers locker room?
Where/whom are YOU getting your information from??

From the OP first fucking post.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:15 PM   #105
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty Pleasures View Post
Very well said Amber..
Yeah. I'll note that the level of competition in LA is absurdly high; seems like a plurality of the population is gorgeous women; young, surgically enhanced, strong, fit, athletic, beautiful aspiring actresses, models, et cetera.
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women