Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
test
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70712
biomed162553
Yssup Rider60381
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48446
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41564
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid35954
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 02-27-2011, 09:07 AM   #91
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
Nothing wrong with that. Or are you postulating that grad students who are guided by full professors can't do quality work or valid studies?
He is implying that it is not a peer reviewed & published study. Probably a cut above one of WTF's Google searches though.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:37 AM   #92
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
He is implying that it is not a peer reviewed & published study. Probably a cut above one of WTF's Google searches though.

As I stated...it is a very difficult subject matter to find research on.

Care to find a peer reviewed study that back up your POV?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:59 AM   #93
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default money

throwing ever more bucks into public education as it is now designed is a wasteful exercise...in many cases less is more...i saw a sign one of the wisconsin protestors held about protect our children. yeah..how about protect them from system collapse and a dark and dreary future instead of protect them by paying ever increasing benefits to you?

when someone calculates the per pupil cost of education in any given area or district i sincerely doubt they include any of the post-work costs of the retirees. somehow i imagine that gets lost.

There's never a recession if you work for the government. The counties with the highest per capita income aren't near New York City or Los Angeles, or any supposedly rich corporate area -- they're in the Washington, D.C., area -- a one-company town where the company is the government. The three counties with the highest incomes in the entire country are all suburbs of Washington. Eleven of the 25 counties with the highest incomes are near Washington.

somehow government unions think that protecting their insane work rules and benefits is the job of everyone else in the private sector while crying "protect the children" or crying out some other paean to themselves concerning "public service".

for years dems have had a good situation, paying government unions outrageously and providing work rules that create so many inefficiences the cost of which is incalculable and being funded and voted for in return. the only problem now is, we are out of money.
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:17 AM   #94
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
for years dems have had a good situation, paying government unions outrageously and providing work rules that create so many inefficiences the cost of which is incalculable and being funded and voted for in return. the only problem now is, we are out of money.
The same can be said of the banking system.

Only that government backed enterprise is somehow labeled capitalistic. I wonder why?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:28 AM   #95
DFW5Traveler
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13
Default Unions don't contribute, my arse...

Quote:
...Second, union dues withheld from paychecks can only be used in the collective bargaining process. Not for campaign contributions, not for bribes, not for some of the illegal activity you inferred...

Care to rethink that?
NEA *et.al. lines 8 through 14,

and here...

...and here.

. *Edit
DFW5Traveler is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:02 PM   #96
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Nothing wrong with that. Or are you postulating that grad students who are guided by full professors can't do quality work or valid studies?
I was a grad student who taught intro stats. That was 30 years ago. Some breakthrough stats work was actually done by grad students. This isn't one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
...Fox News as gospel.
The Fox News Derangement Syndrome. Don't think anyone but you is referring to Fox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
As I stated...it is a very difficult subject matter to find research on.

Care to find a peer reviewed study that back up your POV?
I don't think there is any scientific, peer reviewed study yet on the WISC issue yet.

In the real world today, Boehner promised no federal govt shut down.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:36 PM   #97
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Bummer!! If they don't get to the point where it gets shut down, they havent pushed hard enough to cut spending.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:42 PM   #98
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Quote:
Bummer!! If they don't get to the point where it gets shut down, they havent pushed hard enough to cut spending.
But it would be way too dangerous politically. Might it benefit the Republicans? Perhaps, but in general Republicans have been blamed for government shutdowns; happened to Reagan, happened to Congress in 1995. Both parties are more concerned with maintaining power and in this case the party in Congress with the most to lose would be Republicans.
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:49 PM   #99
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by discreetgent View Post
But it would be way too dangerous politically. Might it benefit the Republicans? Perhaps, but in general Republicans have been blamed for government shutdowns; happened to Reagan, happened to Congress in 1995. Both parties are more concerned with maintaining power and in this case the party in Congress with the most to lose would be Republicans.
Reps have one house - Dems have Senate & Presidency.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:57 PM   #100
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Quote:
Reps have one house - Dems have Senate & Presidency.
Correct, but historically it has hurt Republicans more than Democrats. I read a good line today, to paraphrase: Democrats have the reputation for believing in big government so people are far less likely to believe that they want to shutdown the government, and the reverse is true for Republicans.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:02 PM   #101
pjorourke
Valued Poster

The difference this time is that they have made arrangement to keep the checks flowing. If that happens, how many will notice that the government is shut down?
Old 02-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #102
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Quote:
The difference this time is that they have made arrangement to keep the checks flowing. If that happens, how many will notice that the government is shut down?
If they really manage that it would be the million dollar question. I am sceptical that the general population won't notice.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:17 PM   #103
pjorourke
Valued Poster

I doubt I would notice if the feds were closed. On a good day I don't have anything to do with the bastards.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:36 PM   #104
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW5Traveler View Post
Care to rethink that?
NEA *et.al. lines 8 through 14,

and here...

...and here. *Edit
OK, your first and second links are identical. Pertinent paragraph there is:
Quote:
This is no doubt related to $38 million dollars that the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees Union has contributed to Democratic Party campaigns since 1990, with nearly $2.6 million being given during the 2008 election. Public sector unions as a whole have given around $160 million to Democratic candidates between 1990 and 2008, with donations of $6 million in 2008.
That paragraph does not say what you says it says. Show me in that paragraph where it says that union dues withheld from paychecks went to something other than paying for the collective bargaining process. What it does say is that unions contributed to the Democratic party/candidates (a perfectly legal act I might remind you). It does not say that came strictly from union dues withheld from paychecks. And the way the paragraph is written, one assumes evil intent in the support of Democratic Party/Candidates. I don't think it's any more evil or less evil than corporations supporting Republicans. Each side has the right to support who they want in an election.

That's the way in a democracy. Oh, I forgot, you are more interested in destroying it.

And the other article by Michelle Malkin? You call that fair and balanced?? I stopped reading her years ago because of her vicious hate based writing. She hates people based on their politics, and with her, it's personal. She hates based on your beliefs. It's as if she based her hate on your race. It's that much of an anathema. So she's not even close to being credible because she'll distort facts and lie to promote her position.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:41 PM   #105
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Quote:
I agree with PJ: Bummer. Last time, they blamed Newt. This time, I think they would blame John. I think the basic population understands spending bills come out of Congress, not the White House.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women