Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70709
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60374
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48442
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41548
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35923
Mojojo33117

Old 01-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #91
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy4Candy View Post
Well, your consclusion is what you "think," as opposed to what "is." There are thousands of other holdings by the SC that have not been reinterpreted. If you examine your examples closely, you will find that the reinterpretations have been less restrictive (i.e. more "liberal") than what they replaced. Not good news for you, eh?
You caught me! I was expressing my opinion. I thought that's what we did on this board. My opinion is shared by millions of Americans and by four of the five members of SCOTUS.

Roe v Wade was almost overturned in 1992. It missed by one vote when Anthony Kennedy changed his mind at the last minute.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-280_162-603944.html
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...n-papers_x.htm
http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/.../3-1-51.0.html
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #92
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
We are on the decline, you know it and I know it. Let's make some money off that reality. I'm not here to sell snake oil to these folks. Right now, the world does not have a better option to park their money. That will at some point change.
Making money off "reality" is much of what I've done for a living for many years. And, of course, what we have now is a pretty strange "reality!" Among other things, I manage the highest risk portfolio portions for relatively high-net worth investors. Most of them are pretty smart people; fools and idiots usually don't end up in the high 7-figure or 8-figure net worth category unless they had very wealthy parents. And I can tell you that, to a person, they're more concerned that at any other time in their lives, primarily because they want younger Americans to have the opportunities and bright futures they once did. Virtually all of them seem frustrated more by the fact that no one is doing anything to fix problems than by the mere fact that we have so many of them. (As an aside, I would suggest that you create a juicy list of short candidates and stand ready to pull the trigger at the appropriate time!)

And none of my equity partners are big players of the type that are gaming the financial system in order to play "heads-I-win; tails-taxpayers-lose" games with other people's money. I think the thing that upsets them the most is that no one is doing anything to take on the interests of big finance and rein in excesses. I know many successful people who thought that despite his other shortcomings, Obama would at least do that, especially since Republicans failed so miserably at that task during the '00s. They're disappointed and frustrated.
Texas Contrarian is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:36 PM   #93
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
Making money off "reality" is much of what I've done for a living for many years. Among other things, I manage the highest risk portfolio portions for high-net worth investors. Most of them are pretty smart people; fools and idiots usually don't end up in the 8-figure net worth category unless they had very wealthy parents. And I can tell you that, to a person, they're more concerned that at any time in their lives. Virtually all of them are frustrated more by the fact that no one is doing anything to fix problems than they are by the mere fact that we have so many of them.

And none of them are big players of the type that are gaming the financial system in order to play heads-I-win; tails-taxpaers-lose games with other people's money. I think the thing that upsets most of my equity partners the most is that no one is doing anything to take on the interests of big finance and rein in excesses. I know many successful people who thought that despite his other shortcomings, Obama would at least do that. They're disappointed and frustrated.
The Fed/bankers have won...what can I say. They now rule this country. I see no hope of that changing.

I wish it weren't true but it is. Maybe not to some but that is the reality in my world. Others may still believe in Santa. Not me.

the good thing is that it will be a long slow decline, IMHO.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:44 PM   #94
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
The Fed/bankers have won...what can I say. They now rule this country. I see no hope of that changing.

I wish it weren't true but it is. Maybe not to some but that is the reality in my world. Others may still believe in Santa. Not me.

I hope you're right. I think what we're doing now, printing money, will postpone the hard times that are coming, but it will also make the inevitable decline more severe. I think we're making the entire economy a bubble instead of just the housing market.

But hey, that's just my opinion.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #95
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
But hey, that's just my opinion.
And we all know what they say about "opinions." Don't we?
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:55 PM   #96
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:

I think you are largely correct, and that we will likely go through a long period of what some, including me from time to time, have referred to as "Japanification."

But I do think our situation will likely be far more chaotic than what Japan has experienced over the last couple of decades. The ride may be sort of like a scary roller-coaster at times.

Income and wealth disparity will probably get worse, not better, at least over the intermediate term. This has bad import for the social fabric of our nation. The tax system, in my view, cannot possibly increase the extent to which we redistribute resources downward as quickly as other factors can reverse the process.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:56 PM   #97
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
And we all know what they say about "opinions." Don't we?
It's one of my favorite expressions.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #98
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
It's one of my favorite self-expressions.
Fixed it for ya!

No charge!
Old 01-06-2013, 07:08 PM   #99
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
I think you are largely correct, and that we will likely go through a long period of what some, including me from time to time, have referred to as "Japanification."

But I do think our situation will likely be far more chaotic than what Japan has experienced over the last couple of decades. The ride may be sort of like a scary roller-coaster at times.

Income and wealth disparity will probably get worse, not better, at least over the intermediate term. This has bad import for the social fabric of our nation. The tax system, in my view, cannot possibly redistribute resources downward as quickly as other factors can reverse the process.
It's going to get ugly when the entitlement class is told they can't get their "entitlements" any more. I don't think what's coming is going to be a roller coaster. That implies we'll have periods of strong growth followed by downturns. With our crushing debt burden, I don't see how it's going to be possible to grow at the traditional three percent level.

The national debt will probably be twenty trillion in four years. When we have to roll twenty trillion over, at let's say five percent, that's one trillion a year just for interest. I don't see how we're going to avoid severe inflation.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:10 PM   #100
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
I don't see how we're going to avoid severe inflation.
Didn't you also predict a resounding Romney victory?
Old 01-06-2013, 07:17 PM   #101
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
...I don't think what's coming is going to be a roller coaster. That implies we'll have periods of strong growth followed by downturns...
No it doesn't.

It only implies that we're likely to have a rough ride, lurching from crisis to crisis and market panic to market panic (possibly in both equity and fixed-income markets, eventually). And I think it's likely that many of the crises will be contrived political crises over things like more "fiscal cliff" and debt-ceiling standoffs. Concerns over their effects may spill over into financial markets to an increasing degree.

It implies nothing about periods of "strong growth," whether sustained or not.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #102
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Didn't you also predict a resounding Romney victory?
So what. You need new material.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:55 PM   #103
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
So what. You need new material.
I am quite certain that you would like me to use some newer material but if I were you, I wouldn't look for it to occur anytime soon. Sometimes older is better!

As for me, I am just enjoying the eight year ride and looking forward to hitching an 8 year ride on Hillary's 2016 bandwagon.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #104
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
No it doesn't.

It only implies that we're likely to have a rough ride, lurching from crisis to crisis and market panic to market panic (possibly in both equity and fixed-income markets, eventually). And I think it's likely that many of the crises will be contrived political crises over things like more "fiscal cliff" and debt-ceiling standoffs. Concerns over their effects may spill over into financial markets to an increasing degree.

It implies nothing about periods of "strong growth," whether sustained or not.
OK fair enough. I misunderstood your metaphor. Roller coasters go up and then they go down, kind of like what market economies typically do. They overheat, then they over correct.

I hear rumors that the government will eventually come after the trillions tied up in 401K's and offer an annuity to the holder. Any thought's on that?

http://www.silverdoctors.com/obama-b...te-iras-401ks/
Old 01-06-2013, 08:17 PM   #105
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
I am quite certain that you would like me to use some newer material but if I were you, I wouldn't look for it to occur anytime soon. Sometimes older is better!

As for me, I am just enjoying the eight year ride and looking forward to hitching an 8 year ride on Hillary's 2016 bandwagon.
For everyone's sake, I hope the next four years will be something that people are likely to enjoy. I'll be pleasantly surprised if they are.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women