Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70750
biomed162882
Yssup Rider60552
gman4453255
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48527
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42060
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36424
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 10-04-2014, 04:41 AM   #76
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
It is worth repeating again, for those who want to change the subject.
LLIdiot continues to babble to his expansive audience of one.
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 05:29 AM   #77
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
However, as we read Section 34.02(a)(2) of the Penal Code, it is an element of the offense of money laundering that the actor was aware of the fact that the money he is purported to have laundered was the proceeds of felony criminal activity. The federal money laundering statute similarly requires knowledge that the funds constitute ill-gotten gains. See 18 U.S.C. 1956(a)(1) (“Whoever, knowing that the property involved in a financial transaction represents the proceeds of some form of unlawful activity . . . .”); United States v. Morelli, 169 F.3d 798, 804 (3d Cir. 1999) (one of the elements of money laundering under this provision is “knowledge that the transaction involves the proceeds of some unlawful activity”).

Lesson 3
It's fairly apparent that the court is saying this law does not apply to what Delay did. The money was not "ill gotten" income. Hence, the money could not be "washed" as defined by the statute in question; hence, this statute was not violated.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 06:41 AM   #78
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanzibar789 View Post
It's not like we didn't know this was going to be the outcome. Texas politicians are just as corrupt as Nigerians.

I used the thinck that, then I had to do a lot of traveling to Louisiana ...They take corruption to new levels.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:53 AM   #79
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
It's fairly apparent that the court is saying this law does not apply to what Delay did. The money was not "ill gotten" income. Hence, the money could not be "washed" as defined by the statute in question; hence, this statute was not violated.

It is also pretty obvious that Tom DeLay tried to circumvent the law by sending 190k to Washington , having it scrubbed and then sending the exact same amount back to Texas. Sounds like the voters in his district knew what he was up to and DeLay quit before they fired him by not reelecting.

Like I said earlier, if more politicians went to jail for this type of bs , then maybe less politicians would try and follow the intent of the law. Maybe Clinton would not have lied about having sex with an intern....

But by dismissing our side as wronged and going after the other sides indiscretions we play right into the politicians dirty hands.

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 09:15 AM   #80
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
It is also pretty obvious that ....
You don't have a clue about what you speak, and fabricate bullshit in a lame-ass attempt to make what you say "appear" relevant.

You are the same guy that predicted Zimmerman was be convicted.

If you want a judicial system that convicts people on what "WTF BELIEVES" ...

... then find yourself an island and import your own illegal workers there....

.... and you support them while they can't or won't work.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 09:24 AM   #81
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Exactly. The Court was specific in examining the evidence presented by the State of Texas to determine if any funds were transferred from one account to another to be applied in violation of the Texas Election Code. There was no such evidence, and the Court in its opinion emphasized that the evidence showed the funds were maintained separately for separate purposes.

Unfortunately, malicious prosecution is too onerous a burden and public servants (prosecutors and peace officers) have "privilege" and "immunity" to thwart a civil action.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:44 AM   #82
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
BigTits continues to babble to his expansive audience of one.
No charge.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:46 AM   #83
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
It is also pretty obvious that Tom DeLay tried to circumvent the law by sending 190k to Washington , having it scrubbed and then sending the exact same amount back to Texas.
It's too bad you didn't show up and testify against him, then. Or did you?

The Federal government does the same thing .... otherwise you wouldn't be able to receive health care ....

Money collected in Texas.

Sent to D.C. to the Feds.

Sent back to Texas for the Medicaid program.
Old 10-04-2014, 12:06 PM   #84
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
It is also pretty obvious that Tom DeLay tried to circumvent the law by sending 190k to Washington , having it scrubbed and then sending the exact same amount back to Texas. Sounds like the voters in his district knew what he was up to and DeLay quit before they fired him by not reelecting.

Like I said earlier, if more politicians went to jail for this type of bs , then maybe less politicians would try and follow the intent of the law. Maybe Clinton would not have lied about having sex with an intern....

But by dismissing our side as wronged and going after the other sides indiscretions we play right into the politicians dirty hands.
But not that law: no money originating as "ill gotten gains" was technically "laundered".
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 03:01 PM   #85
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

WOOOO! another string of four posts in a row.

Genuine interest in the topic?

Frustrated that nobody finds him relevant?

Secret mancrush on the Hammer?

NICE MELTDOWN, LLIDIOT!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 04:51 PM   #86
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
WOOOO! another string of four posts in a row.

Genuine interest in the topic?

Frustrated that nobody finds him relevant?

Secret mancrush on the Hammer?

NICE MELTDOWN, LLIDIOT!
You are batting 1000 on worthless, nonsubstantive posts. Good at bats.

When there are 1st graders playing on the board, as yourself and WTF (BigTits gets honorable mention), it is apparently necessary to repeat quotes from the actual opinion published by the appellate court that actually ruled on the case, so that hopefully they will get the idea that sources from op-ed articles involving speculation, 20-20 hindsight, and mind-reading will be shown to be what they actually are .... bullshit.

So, you apparently also believe that "checks" are "money"!!!!! Figures.

And it also "figures" that you "believe" someone who is "believed" to be guilty should be sent to prison even if no evidence is offered to prove the person's guilt. Particularly, if they are from the opposite political party or you disagree with them politically.

How about if you don't like the color of their skin? Same thing?
Old 10-04-2014, 10:08 PM   #87
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
Yes, if you are talking about that Travis County Democrat Controled Cesspool, I agree.
As opposed to the Republican Controlled Cesspool Texas Court of Criminal Appeals?

But, they have the horsepower. Case over.

Too bad. I would have loved to see that son of a bitch frog-marched into some sort of a prison cell. He deserves it, the little bug-spraying exterminator shitbag.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 10:59 PM   #88
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

He probably deserves it, Timmy. If I recall, he was convicted by a jury. That is a huge burden to overcome. But the higher court made their decision, and I support the notion that any ambiguities in the law or facts must be resolved in favor of the defendant. If Texas placed partisans on the court who base their opinions on party affiliation, they should remedy that. I don't know if that's the case. If the decision whether or not someone should go to jail is based on anything other than the law and the facts, then our downfall is picking up speed.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 12:14 AM   #89
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

LLIdiot, you certainly have earned your moniker.

Are you paid in cash?

If someone writes you a check, or electronically sends you funds.... OH, wtf, you are too fucking ignorant to handle this simple concept.

OK, let's put this in terms you can understand... Clarksville, bitch!

HAHAHAHAHAAH
Old 10-05-2014, 12:17 AM   #90
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
As opposed to the Republican Controlled Cesspool Texas Court of Criminal Appeals?

But, they have the horsepower. Case over.

Too bad. I would have loved to see that son of a bitch frog-marched into some sort of a prison cell. He deserves it, the little bug-spraying exterminator shitbag.
Let's not forget the Republican controlled cesspool thst is the Supreme Court, or the Texas Leguslature, or the Governor's office.

There is NO justice in Texas that isn't bought and paid for by Republican moneyed interests.

Period.

FACT JACKOFF!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women