Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70712
biomed162553
Yssup Rider60381
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48446
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41564
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid35954
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 03-10-2019, 01:07 AM   #76
lustylad
Premium Access

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by adav8s28 View Post
Job creation by president. In this list Clinton is ranked 1st, Obama is ranked 6th and Trump is ranked 13th. You don't know your stuff Bam.

https://www.thebalance.com/job-creat...ercent-3863218
Actually, you're the one who doesn't know your stuff! You can't compare 2 years of job creation with 8, unless you adjust the data.

Your link says 4.7 million new jobs were created in Trump's first two years. Multiply that by 4 and you get 18.8 million - which, if achieved, would rank Trump 1st in the number of jobs created, ahead of both Clinton (18.6 million) and Reagan (16.5 million), each of whom served 8 years.

Your analytical skills suck.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:33 AM   #77
bamscram
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
But unemployment still went down and wages went up. More people with jobs in history. 3% annual GDP. The economy is great by any measure. Run along Lenny.

If name calling is all you yap dogs can come up with the boat is sinking.The GDP is falling and predicted it will continue to fall. remove head from Trump's ass.
bamscram is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:46 AM   #78
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by adav8s28 View Post
Job creation by president. In this list Clinton is ranked 1st, Obama is ranked 6th and Trump is ranked 13th. You don't know your stuff Bam.

https://www.thebalance.com/job-creat...ercent-3863218
Hilarious! This shows Donald J. Trump, who "created" 4.7 million jobs during 2 years, BEHIND George H W Bush and Gerald Ford, who "created" 2.9 million and 3.6 million jobs respectively during their 4 year terms.

And so what? How much difference does the president make to how many jobs are created? Population growth in the working aged population, interest rates, business cycles, globalization, technology, and other parts of the government (the Fed, Congress, states, etc.), all have as much or more influence than the president.

I'm not sure whether Lusty's right, that you suck at analysis, since you didn't really do any. But you could improve your sources and your bull shit filter.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 12:33 PM   #79
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Actually, you're the one who doesn't know your stuff! You can't compare 2 years of job creation with 8, unless you adjust the data.

Your link says 4.7 million new jobs were created in Trump's first two years. Multiply that by 4 and you get 18.8 million - which, if achieved, would rank Trump 1st in the number of jobs created, ahead of both Clinton (18.6 million) and Reagan (16.5 million), each of whom served 8 years.

lusty your math is off.

4.7 milion in 2 years. that would be 2.35 milion per year. multiply that by 4. that gets you 9.4 million in 1st term. that's assuming Trump is a one termer. if that number holds 2nd term would total up to 18.8 million.

this would put him ahead of Obama (8.9 million) and just a tad under Carter (9.8 million).
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:54 PM   #80
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle Silver View Post
Does this seriously surprise anyone.
Her father's already trashed her.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:15 PM   #81
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:

why would we multiply by 4 when he has only served 2 years and 2 months?
themystic is offline   Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 12:20 AM   #82
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
lusty your math is off...
Quote:
Originally Posted by themystic View Post
why would we multiply by 4...?
Please help me... I'm surrounded by idiots!!!
Old 03-11-2019, 07:37 AM   #83
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
I feel your pain.
bambino is offline   Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 08:11 AM   #84
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

YUP ^^^^ very sad really they should get out of there mom's basement more ,,,,,,,,
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 08:38 AM   #85
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:

your numbers were some what misleading. you implied that he was going to get 18.8 million jobs in the first term. at least that is how I read what you wrote.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:27 AM   #86
MT Pockets
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
What exactly about my posts about AOC and New York taxes wasn't on topic? You, on the other hand, cannot deal with reality.
Sales and state tax was not what AOC's mom was referring to for starters. You could not deny my statement so you tried to manipulate it.

The reality is that you have a fundamental problem understanding cognitive thought. AOC cost New York billions in tax revenue and denied hundreds of New Yorkers gainful employment because she is too fucking stupid to grasp fundamental economics. And the fact that AOC's mother voted with her feet to flee AOC's lib-retard notion of "fair taxation" as practiced in New York is icing on the proverbial cake. Here's laughing at you!
First off the folks that was negotiating with Amazon told them in no uncertain terms they were not going to get hat big of a tax break. And that had nothing to do with AOC. Had she been in support of it they still would have not gotten what they asked for so your opinion that she is the culprit is just proof of wha ta sheep u=you are and had no cognitive ability.

As for her mom moving she moved to Florida like many northern folks have and she only has low taxes because of the freeze on property values. And by the way she pays twice what she or should I say the article claimed. Go look it up for yourself or if you are too feeble to figure out how you can can use the link I posted.
MT Pockets is offline   Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:32 AM   #87
MT Pockets
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
I most certainly CAN criticize both the deal makers and the deal scuttlers! Cuomo and deBlasio are weak. They gave away more than necessary to beat out dozens of other cities. But once the deal was struck, AOC and her band of left-wing twiddle-twats stupidly chased Amazon out of town before Bezos even had a chance to open his wallet and spend billions on a new headquarters. Fucking idiots.

Peggy Noonan lives in New York and can explain it all better than I can. Progressives know they fucked up when a conservative has to school them on how they SHOULD have played their hand!

Welcome to New York, Amazon—Now Go Home

Progressives put out the unwelcome mat, and city dwellers will pay the price for years to come.

By Peggy Noonan
Feb. 21, 2019 7:27 p.m. ET

A last word on Amazon and New York City. The story’s over but it doesn’t stop hurting. Twenty-five thousand jobs lost, maybe 40,000 when all is said and done, and of all kinds—high-tech, management, white-collar, blue. All the construction, and the signs and symbols of a coming affluence: the streets lit bright, the sidewalks busy, shops and restaurants humming, hiring. The feeling of safety you have when you pass doorways on the street at night and can hear laughter and conversation on the other side.

This is not just “a loss,” it is a whole lost world. And it is a watershed event for my town. After Amazon’s withdrawal no major American company will open a new headquarters here for at least a generation. No CEO is going to do what Jeff Bezos did, invest all that time and money, do all the planning, negotiating and deciding, only to see it collapse in bitter headlines because the politicians you’re making the deal with can’t control their own troops, and because in the end it is summoning a humiliation to do big business in a town whose political life is dominated by a wild and rising progressive left.

Should corporations, especially big, mega-rich ones, be given tax benefits for locating in a city or state? No, actually. They should come in simply as grateful and eager new citizens, especially in a place like New York, since there’s nothing like us. But that is not the world in which we live. In this world politicians are desperate to expand the tax base and brag about creating jobs. Companies can and do press every advantage. New York City and state offered Amazon almost $3 billion in future tax breaks. (Newark and New Jersey offered $7 billion; everyone’s desperate.) New York state said that over the next 25 years Amazon’s presence would yield $186 billion in positive economic impact, including $14 billion in additional tax payments. The progressives who dominate New York’s City Council charged those numbers came from consultants hired to support the deal. Fine, assume they doubled the actual benefits: That would mean $93 billion in positive economic impact, $7 billion in tax payments. Still a huge benefit to the people of New York, and a lifeline for a state experiencing, according to Gov. Andrew Cuomo, more than $2 billion in tax shortfalls because the rich keep moving out.

Jeff Bezos was the rich guy who wanted to move in.

Amazon was knocked because it wouldn’t promise to unionize. I favor private unions: A certain claimed equality, a certain balance between a huge company’s management and the working man or woman, is not the worst thing in the world. And people more than ever need to belong to something. If Amazon were unionized it would cost them, and, warm little humanitarians that they are, they would immediately pass the cost on to consumers. That cost increase might function as a little boost to neighborhood retailers. And we all want neighborhood stores to get a boost because they’re our neighbors. They talk to us; they are part of the community; they make life more human. But you can’t expect Amazon, which is a business, to walk in declaring: We’ll not only help you unionize, we’ll organize your first strike!

When Amazon withdrew, Mayor Bill de Blasio, in his embarrassment and fear, decided he’d bluff his way through with tough talk. Amazon ran because they couldn’t take the heat. “You have to be tough to make it in New York City.”

Oh you he-man, you stud. Those bland little Amazon drones are real softies. They work for the richest man in the world and their job is to make him richer and if they don’t, they’re fired. Half Mr. Bezos’ business plan involves selling things for a dime less. They’d strangle you for a nickel.

Here is the truth: New York’s progressives weren’t tough, they were weak. They don’t know how to play this game.

You want to be tough and mean, get what you want, and keep those jobs for your constituents? Here was the play:

You don’t unleash the furies and hold hearings where crowds jeer, hiss and chant “GTFO, Amazon has got to go.” You don’t put stickers on every lamp pole saying “Amazon crime.” You don’t insult and belittle their representatives. You don’t become Tweeting Trotsky.

You quietly vote yes, go to the groundbreaking, and welcome our new partner in prosperity. Then you wait. And as soon as the new headquarters is fully built and staffed, you shake them down like a boss.

You move on local issues—high rents, crowded subways. To help on unionization you get the next Democrat in the White House to sic the National Labor Relations Board. You go to your friends in the big New York papers and say, “Amazon’s cruel, the shifts are so long the elevator operators are peeing in bottles, Bezos dropped his wallet and when the receptionist picked it up it broke her back.”

And Mr. Bezos, whose life is changing, who by now is a prince of the city with the fanciest friends - he can’t stand being killed every day! Also it’s 2021 and he’s worth $250 billion, and he says, “What the hell, give them half of what they want.”

What’s he going to do, leave? The place has been built, billions have been spent.

That’s real left-wing hardball: You catch it, then you skin it.

They let their prey go. What second-rate slobs run this town.

Opponents came out early, hard and full of rage. Jimmy Van Bramer, the preening councilman whose district included Amazon’s site: “The mayor and the governor caved to the richest man on Earth and then handed the bill to each and every New Yorker.” Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez didn’t wait a week after her election. Politico, Nov. 13: “She ripped the reported tax breaks the company will receive and described the local community’s reaction to the news as ‘outrage.’ ” Actually the community was for it; ideologues were against it. Amazon is rich, she said in a tweet: “The idea that it will receive hundreds of millions of dollars in tax breaks at a time when our subway is crumbling and our communities need MORE investment, not less, is extremely concerning for residents here.” Sometimes she seemed to think New York was literally handing Mr. Bezos a $3 billion check. Sometimes she seemed to know that wasn’t true but found it helpful to mislead. Like Mr. de Blasio she scrambled in apparent shock when Amazon backed out, and chose a triumphalist dodge. “Anything is possible: today was the day a group of dedicated, everyday New Yorkers & their neighbors defeated Amazon’s corporate greed.” No, everyday New Yorkers did not do it. They wanted the jobs. It was you, Fredo.

It would all be funny if it weren’t for that lost world. The 25,000 families getting a new paycheck, the mothers and fathers suddenly able to send their kids to the local Catholic school, the busy sidewalks, the lights. Instead, the books unbought in the store that didn’t open. The talent unhired and unmet.

Think of it that way and it breaks your heart. Really: breaks it.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/welcome...me-11550795261
That article you quoted is pointless it is an opinion piece and is telling of how Your team works. The statement of "first you catch it then you skin it" is all one needs to know about the republican Mode of Operation, to see why they are the worse parasites on the earth.
MT Pockets is offline   Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:44 AM   #88
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
your numbers were some what misleading. you implied that he was going to get 18.8 million jobs in the first term. at least that is how I read what you wrote.
I implied no such thing.

I multiplied Trump's 2-year job creation figure by 4 to make it comparable to other Presidents (Reagan, Clinton, Obama) who were in office for 8 years. 8 years = two 4-year terms, not one.

If I asked you to annualize a quarterly statistic, what would you multiply it by?

How far did you get in high-school math anyway?
Old 03-11-2019, 10:59 AM   #89
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT Pockets View Post
First off the folks that was negotiating with Amazon told them in no uncertain terms they were not going to get hat big of a tax break. And that had nothing to do with AOC. Had she been in support of it they still would have not gotten what they asked for so your opinion that she is the culprit is just proof of wha ta sheep u=you are and had no cognitive ability.

As for her mom moving she moved to Florida like many northern folks have and she only has low taxes because of the freeze on property values. And by the way she pays twice what she or should I say the article claimed. Go look it up for yourself or if you are too feeble to figure out how you can can use the link I posted.
First off, Amazon had indeed negotiated for the $3 billion tax break before Ocasio Cortez flushed prospects for the deal down the drain. And AOC's fucking mother fled ALL New York taxes ... not just property taxes; i.e., Florida has no income tax.

Quote:
Amazon Spokesperson Blames Ocasio-Cortez for NYC Retreat

An Amazon spokesperson blamed Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) and her vocal resistance for the company’s shocking decision to cancel plans for its New York City headquarters on Thursday.

(Polizette)

I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 11:01 AM   #90
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT Pockets View Post
That article you quoted is pointless it is an opinion piece and is telling of how Your team works. The statement of "first you catch it then you skin it" is all one needs to know about the republican Mode of Operation, to see why they are the worse parasites on the earth.
My team is the Steelers. Your team is the tallywackers tiddly winkers.

You "skin it" by raising taxes and extorting millions in exchange for promises not to harass or picket or boycott. Those are dimotard specialties. Ask Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson for pointers. Republicans believe in letting you keep your hard-earned money, not sticking you up for it.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women