Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 394
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70753
biomed162906
Yssup Rider60567
gman4453256
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48531
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42084
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36440
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 03-26-2011, 09:28 AM   #76
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFarangly View Post
... by western warplanes.
Some soon to be "driven" by Middle Easterners.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:05 AM   #77
jpatduf
Valued Poster

Encounters: 27
Default obama embarassment

How freakin embarassing must this be for obama....that he is going to be seen as sarkosy's bitch. It sure isnt going to do him any good to be seen as weaker than the french.....watch out prez, here comes another one upside the head.......to quote Tina Turner: " Hit me again Ike, but this time, put some stank on it!"
jpatduf is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:10 AM   #78
davec.0121
Gaining Momentum

I see nothing in Raphael's posts here to indicate he hates the US. Well known behaviour, if US citizens criticise quality of it's leadership, no problem, if somebody from outside does, all hell breaks loose.

Americans are, in my experience, generally lovely people and intelligent, but they could be a bit more sensitive to the dangers arising from being a world power.

I don;t judge the French by my experiences with Parisian taxi drivers, I don't judge the US by comments on a SHMB.

US saving the world? Watch this:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d5b_1205415894

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTOPJFsj8gU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiKc37mhy58

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc47Wcso3hU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BYRx7lLZf8[/quote]

A few minor points: If you didn't pick up on Raphael's general tenor, then - no frying pans intended - you may need to re-read his posts. He consistently generalizes the right wing, xenophobic mindset of some Americans to apply to America in general. Since all countries, even the U.K. and France (e.g., LePen), have such elements, this is of course erroneous.

In regard to the links - they are amusing, although probably more so to Brits than Americans due to context. I understand that U.S.-bashing is just as cheap and easy a way to get laughs in Europe as Euro-bashing is here in the U.S. However, they are about as relevant and applicable to the discussions at hand as links to Dennis Miller's right-wing rants. Sorry, but since I don't like Dennis Miller, I don't have any links.

And, I like France. I've always enjoyed my visits there, including the people, the food, the culture, the history, etc. France has given the world a lot. My objections were with Raphael using all things French to belittle America, whilst ignoring much of the historical reality of the 20th Century. Really, the U.S. 'provoked' Soviet expansionism? The Western allies, including France, certainly didn't think so in 1949 when NATO was formed.
davec.0121 is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:23 PM   #79
essence
Valued Poster

Davec, nice to see you imply you support the concept of NATO, and I hope by extension you aso see the value of the UN.

Both institutions have flaws of course, but the 'let's go it alone and ignore the rest of the world community' rants here are, I hope, just representative of the small minority of ignorant xenophobes.

Al Murray is not at all anti american or using any nationality for cheap laughs. Everybody is up for abuse to him, that is normal for a stand up in UK. He is actually a higlhy educated historian (can't remember whether Cambridge or Oxford degree) who has done other factual television programs about the war and Germany. His stage persona is just that.

I wish I could find somewhere his sketch on the tediums involved in manually bringing a woman to orgasm, and how he tries to mastrurbate her (after his wrist gets tired) with his feet so he can reach out for his beer, which he finds much more interesting. Hilarious expressions, and like most comedy it has some basis in reality (mine at least) with the difficulties of boredom kreeping into long term relationships.
essence is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #80
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by essence View Post
... the 'let's go it alone and ignore the rest of the world community' rants here are, I hope, just representative of the small minority of ignorant xenophobes.....
Are you referencing the ranting about "going it alone" in 2003?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-N...Iraq_2003-2009

Just asking.

A comparison:

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/files/f...on%20final.pdf

2003 = 40 countries
Lybia = 15 countries, and counting backwards daily.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:00 PM   #81
essence
Valued Poster

It's all a matter of perception. not a matter of fatcs.

The comments above I find 'interesting and typical hopefully of a small minority' are:

Quote:
AM I missing something or did the UN tell the US what to do? Doesnt the president have to consult with Congress? Are we getting wagged now? I love our potus.

I know right. Sad isn’t it. What a twerp he is. We tell the UN not the other way around. I was just appalled that he let the chips fall that way.

BO says he wants to turn it all over to the French and the Brits. They can only substand a no fly zone for 2 weeks. Who does he think he is fooling?
It's all halfed baked.
Are we going to now be lead by the French and the UN? LMFAO!
Very poor leadership by BO.
Anyway, I quite fancied the girls in blue.

Go it alone? What do you think your right hand is for?
Old 03-26-2011, 05:43 PM   #82
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
It's all a matter of perception.
A problem with this guy, and I'm talking Obaminable, he is all perception.

Kinda like a loud fart. Noisy, stinky, offensive, and no substance.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:46 PM   #83
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Kinda like a loud fart. Noisy, stinky, offensive, and no substance.
Damn, I knew my last girlfriend was seeing others.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:04 AM   #84
Raphael
BANNED

Encounters: 24

Raphael is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:23 AM   #85
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
It's all a matter of perception. not a matter of facts
Hey Essence, do you get MSNBC or CNN there in the UK?
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:29 AM   #86
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
It's all a matter of perception. not a matter of fatcs.
http://www.afriquejet.com/news/afric...103236094.html

"ONU-Libya - The Italian Foreign Affairs minister, Franco Frattini, is threatening to ban the coalition’s planes from his country’s military bases, demanding that the operation should be placed under the command of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO). France has rejected the Italian demand 'because the operation’s initiative was launched on the basis of the UN resolution', the French Foreign Affairs minister, Alain Juppé, said at the close of the EU foreign affairs cabinet meeting. The uproar within the coalition is such that Norway has decided to withdraw from the group, while waiting for the operation to be placed under a single and well defined command.

"Those divergences are the early warning signs that the coalition would break up shortly, a European military expert, who did not want to be identified, said.

"He said the operation had already reached its objective as set by the UN Security Council resolution 1973 to establish a no-fly zone, adding that since Saturday, no Libyan plane had taken off.

"The European military expert added that the resolution does not include the coalition supplying the insurgents entrenched in Benghazi with logistic reinforcements.

"For the European military expert, 'the collapse of the coalition is predictable'."
__________ End of quoted material _____________________________

I hope the French "stay the course" .... at least there will be ...

... a coalition of three.

But I suppose that is a matter of "perception" based on FACT!
Old 03-27-2011, 11:13 AM   #87
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Hey Essence, do you get MSNBC or CNN there in the UK?
We get CNN, Sky news, BBC, and various other news channels. I don't get Fox (I am on Virgin cable). From what I hear that is no loss.

My laptop home page seems to be pointed to MSN news. Not sure if that is related to MSNBC. MSN seems to be dominated by basketball, which has zero interest for me.

I often get my news from the UK Daily Telegraph, which is right of centre but has always had good foreign coverage. The joke used to be that it was a right wing paper with left wing journalists, don't know how true it was or whether it is still true.

Even when in US (which I am a lot), I never watch television, get all my news from internet.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:56 PM   #88
BigLouie
Valued Poster

As for Ghadaffi, I hear he has this blond Ukranian, Galyna Kolotnytsk, who travels with him. So I guess he is just another misunderstood hobby guy like Charlie Sheen and the rest of us.

Chrome and the rest of you, it is pretty obvious you HATE the fact that Obama is President and Black. Nothing you can do about it so just get over it.

Impeach Obama? Bush committed more impeachable offenses and you didn't say a work so just zip it.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:21 PM   #89
spunky
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
As for Ghadaffi, I hear he has this blond Ukranian, Galyna Kolotnytsk, who travels with him. So I guess he is just another misunderstood hobby guy like Charlie Sheen and the rest of us.

Chrome and the rest of you, it is pretty obvious you HATE the fact that Obama is President and Black. Nothing you can do about it so just get over it.

Impeach Obama? Bush committed more impeachable offenses and you didn't say a work so just zip it.

Not really seen anyone comment on him being black, so I guess because he is black we should look the other way when he shows the world how icompetent he is? He is an empty suit that has no clue what he is doing which goes for his white half as well.
spunky is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:38 PM   #90
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post

Awful "big" of you Louie to play the race card. Its been said many times, its the man's policies and actions.

Who mentioned impeachment of Obama other than some of the Dem Libs? There were no impeachable offenses with Bush and from what I can tell Obama is following the same policies as Bush. So why would there be any impeachment hearings of Obama?

Something was done in 2010 and it will be finished in 2012.
gnadfly is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women