Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70748
biomed162865
Yssup Rider60548
gman4453253
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48519
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42052
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36415
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 11-08-2012, 10:57 PM   #76
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
The media did more than perpetuate lies, they amplified them. Take not of Candy Crowley, Obama was caught lying about terrorism and Libya (the rest of the CBS interview PROVES this), Candy not only saved him but her words to the great unwashed made it sound like Romney was either lying or off his game. Hiding that video is another example. Minimizing a terrorist attack in Libya is also another example of bad media.
+1 CBS sat on the film clip until everyone was distracted by Superstorm Sandy: the film clip that would have definitively revealed Odumbo and Crowley as inveterate liars they are.

Sept. 12: Steve Kroft of “60 Minutes” interviews Obama about all kinds of things, including the news of the day, Benghazi. Here’s a key exchange from that interview, an exchange that didn’t make the ”60 Minutes” broadcast:

KROFT: Mr. President, this morning you went out of your way to avoid the use of the word “terrorism” in connection with the Libya attack. Do you believe that this was a terrorist attack?

OBAMA: Well, it’s too early to know exactly how this came about, what group was involved, but obviously it was an attack on Americans. And we are going to be working with the Libyan government to make sure that we bring these folks to justice, one way or the other.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...3684_blog.html
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:40 PM   #77
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
What might those reasons be?

The Republicans could have easily won this, but they couldn't put forth a message that resonated with the growing American population with candidates more credible than Romney and Ryan.

What do you think???

(Please tell me that you think the Democrats stole the election... PLEASE tell me that!)

Obama is the first president in history to get less electorate percentages on his second campaigne than he did on his first. So how did he really win. He did something kind of risky and it worked. He suppressed the vote. Less people in all catagories voted for Obama this time than they did during 08 election. In essence Obama painted a picture to voters that Romney was a very rich guy that only really cares about other really rich people and himself, and it obviously worked.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:48 PM   #78
icuminpeace
Account Disabled

acp - that's hardly voter supression. Don't you have a better excuse?
icuminpeace is offline   Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:06 AM   #79
acp5762
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by icuminpeace View Post
acp - that's hardly voter supression. Don't you have a better excuse?
What do you wanna call it?
Old 11-09-2012, 12:08 AM   #80
icuminpeace
Account Disabled

What it is. People were not motivated to vote. No one held a gun to their head and told them not to vote, heck, Obama had 10 million less voters than in 2008. Do you also want to call that voter supression or is it supression only if your candidate loses?
Old 11-09-2012, 12:12 AM   #81
icuminpeace
Account Disabled

It's actually called campaigning. Both sides did it, if we want to call it supression, then Romney succeeded in supressing 10 million Obama voters by scaring them about the consequences of electing Obama and if you want to measure it that way, Romney did a heck of a job at supressing the Obama vote. Any other excuse as to why Romney couldn't seal the deal? The sun was too yellow? The earth was spinning too fast? Space aliens rigged the voting machines?
Old 11-09-2012, 12:25 AM   #82
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

That is what voter suppression is in modern politics. Turn people off to the process. When you hear someone say "they all do it", "they're all crooks", "they just got caught", or "they're just playing politics". That is when they win. Exit polls show that over 3,000,000 white voters did not show up at the polls from the last election. Why not? Have they just given up or was Romney not their cup of tea. Some of them may have voted for Obama as did 35% of other white voters but they didn't show up either.

It is amazing that Obama was suppressing the vote he was getting traction claiming the GOP was doing it. I guess we need to remember that when someone is claiming something they are probably doing it themselves.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:42 AM   #83
acp5762
Account Disabled

Quote:
What it is. People were not motivated to vote. No one held a gun to their head and told them not to vote, heck, Obama had 10 million less voters than in 2008. Do you also want to call that voter supression or is it supression only if your candidate loses?
The voter turn out this time was said to be higher than in 08, so voters were more motivated to get out and vote. Obama in spite of his first debate which Romney clearly won and the last two were so close is was pathetic. Not to mention the polls were all much closer this election. Why do you think Obama avoided bringing up that 47% comment made by Romney during the first debate. His plan was to use it in a subliminal manner by planting the idea that Romney doesn't care about people unless they are rich. People will think of the 47% comment and Obama would never have to directly bring it up. Obama also went out on a limb by suggesting in various contexts that maybe some people were unhappy with his last four years as President but Romney simply just a rich guy who doesn't care about anyone except himself and rich people. Thats suppressing the vote for your opponent. In a round about way Obama was able to use everything Romney said against him.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:15 AM   #84
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by acp5762 View Post
The voter turn out this time was said to be higher than in 08, so voters were more motivated to get out and vote. Obama in spite of his first debate which Romney clearly won and the last two were so close is was pathetic. Not to mention the polls were all much closer this election. Why do you think Obama avoided bringing up that 47% comment made by Romney during the first debate. His plan was to use it in a subliminal manner by planting the idea that Romney doesn't care about people unless they are rich. People will think of the 47% comment and Obama would never have to directly bring it up. Obama also went out on a limb by suggesting in various contexts that maybe some people were unhappy with his last four years as President but Romney simply just a rich guy who doesn't care about anyone except himself and rich people. Thats suppressing the vote for your opponent. In a round about way Obama was able to use everything Romney said against him.

supressing the vote

thats being out smarted.... it didnt take subliminal communication to offend the voters, one dipshit republican was plenty.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:24 AM   #85
icuminpeace
Account Disabled

Wow! I'm amazed at the lengths the blind partisan hacks will go to defend the failures of their own party. I'm not here to convince you, I'm just here to voice my opinion. If the GOP wants to continue with their heads up their ass, that's fine with me. It's not my party, and never will be. It'll be their loss when they continue to lose elections for not addressing the fact that the world is changing and if they don't embrace change, they'll become history.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:45 AM   #86
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Wow! I'm amazed at the lengths the blind partisan hacks will go to defend the failures of their own party. I'm not here to convince you, I'm just here to voice my opinion. If the GOP wants to continue with their heads up their ass, that's fine with me. It's not my party, and never will be. It'll be their loss when they continue to lose elections for not addressing the fact that the world is changing and if they don't embrace change, they'll become history.
seems like mind altering drugs are back in style doesnt it? Far beit from me to get in the way of their progress too. Self destruction is a spectator sport, and I dont mind having a good seat.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:06 AM   #87
trynagetlaid
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:

In essence Obama painted a picture to voters that Romney was a very rich guy that only really cares about other really rich people and himself, and it obviously worked.
Nobody painted any pictures dumbass. 60 million Americans were smart enough to figure that out on their own. If you want to insult other people's intelligence, take it somewhere else asshole!!!
trynagetlaid is offline   Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:38 AM   #88
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Obama is the first president in history to get less electorate percentages on his second campaigne than he did on his first. So how did he really win. He did something kind of risky and it worked. He suppressed the vote. Less people in all catagories voted for Obama this time than they did during 08 election. In essence Obama painted a picture to voters that Romney was a very rich guy that only really cares about other really rich people and himself, and it obviously worked.
Quote:
I thought I had heard it all.

Obviously, I was mistaken!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:31 AM   #89
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

I suggest that many of you retire to Realclearpolitics.com and READ some of the pieces by written by people in the field of politics. There was voter suppression which does not make it right or wrong but it was there. That 47% was a tactic and a lie, it worked. This election will be written about as an election where the media took sides to the point that they tackling one team instead of being the referee. As for the destruction of the party of Lincoln...in 1994 they said the same thing about the democratic party after loosing control of the Congress after 40 years. Times change like the climate. We have Taxogeddon and the Sequestrian staring at this country in the face and what happens? Barry goes running off to Asia instead of doing his job here at home. Did you really think anything was going to change? I read that a lot of people on both sides hoped that he would change (get it, hope and change) but he is what he is. An arrested adolescent in the body of a street thug.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:43 AM   #90
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Reason

The reason that President Obama won is really quite simple.

. . . He won because he got more votes than the other side!

Fast Gunn is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women