Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70712
biomed162553
Yssup Rider60381
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48446
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41564
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid35954
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 02-17-2020, 09:23 AM   #76
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Default An economic policy debate in the ECCIE Political Forum? Is that a Unicorn?

Hot damn!

An economic policy debate!

But why does such a thread in the ECCIE Political Forum always turn into such a train wreck? Have all the mods opted for early retirement?

By the way, where's the guy who used to post here every day (usually many times), and who helpfully pointed out to us that he taught university-level economics?

I bet he could set us all straight!

Texas Contrarian is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 09:40 AM   #77
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default CuteOldGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post

By the way, where's the guy who used to post here every day (usually many times), and who helpfully pointed out to us that he taught university-level economics?

Here he is...

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 09:44 AM   #78
adav8s28
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Hot damn!

But why does such a thread in the ECCIE Political Forum always turn into such a train wreck? Have all the mods opted for early retirement?

Hey Captain, nice of you to drop in. You do know your stuff! You are talking about COG, the last two letters stood for old guy. Someone posted that it was he%lth reasons that he doesnt't post anymore. Not sure what the rules are with medical stuff. So, I am not going to say too much on that.
adav8s28 is online now   Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 09:49 AM   #79
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Well if that's the case...I wish him well...
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 09:54 AM   #80
lustylad
Premium Access

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by adav8s28 View Post
1. CDS, it's like insurance against default of a mortgage. (Default being the catastrophic event). The banks had 62 trillion dollars worth before the financial crisis of 2008 and about 26 trillion after the crisis. (You already knew that, right?).

Nope, I had no idea. That sounds like a helluva lot of CDS. Got a link to those numbers?

2. Bush and Cheney did not invent them, they were invented by Chase bank, i believe.

Hmmm, you say Chase Bank invented CDS? When? Chase was acquired by JP Morgan & Co. in 2000. If CDS were invented by Chase Bank prior to 2000 and CDS were the proximate cause of the 2008 recession, then how is everything Bush and Cheney's fault?

3. The link for the 1000 "troubled assets" that got 600 plus billion dollars from President Obama has already been posted. Most of the troubled assets were Banks. Don't forget Hank Paulson who worked for Bush wanted to give the Banks 700 plus billion in 4th quarter 2008. The banks had stopped making loans with each other.

What link are you referring to? Please re-post it. Do you mean TARP money recipients? So did 1000 banks "run out of money"?

4. Bear Stearns was going bankrupt. They could not meet payroll or pay the electric bill. They were bailed out by J.P. Morgan for 2 dollars per share before they could file for bankruptcy. Most of my sentence was correct, Bear Stearns no longer EXISTS.

Wow. Bear Stearns couldn't pay the electric bill? Did ConEd cut them off? Oh wait, now you're saying they didn't go bankrupt? Wasn't JP Morgan a "troubled asset" that "ran out of money"? If so, then how did they manage to "bail out" Bear Stearns?

Any other questions?
Sure, I have lots more questions. So glad I found an expert like you to answer them!
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 10:03 AM   #81
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Here he is...

Nice selfie!!
Old 02-17-2020, 10:06 AM   #82
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
"

I don't hate odumbo. I'm just glad we got rid of his tax-and-spend-and-regulate ass. .
Are you saying Trump has cut spending?

We know he cut taxes.

I did not know he cut spending...

Please explain how I missed this.

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 10:30 AM   #83
adav8s28
Valued Poster

Quote:
2.1% was the annualized growth rate for Q4, not the full year 2019. Find me a quote where anyone called it a "good number".

Not the same.
Obama's growth numbers the first three years of his second term, and Trumps first three years. We won't know Trump's year 4 number for another 10 months.

Obama

Trump

These numbers are almost the same. The only difference is, the numbers for Obama are considered slow growth, and the numbers for Trump are considered fast growth. The self proclaimed stable genius says the economy is booming with his numbers, yet they are not much different than those of President Obama.
Old 02-17-2020, 10:55 AM   #84
adav8s28
Valued Poster

Quote:
Sure, I have lots more questions. So glad I found an expert like you to answer them!
Here is a CDS link. This link has the value at 45 Trillion before the crisis. I can't the other link which had a higher number.

https://corporatefinanceinstitute.co...ault-swap-cds/
Old 02-17-2020, 11:16 AM   #85
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
Obama's growth numbers the first three years of his second term, and Trumps first three years. We won't know Trump's year 4 number for another 10 months...
Actually we won't receive a preliminary number for 2020 real GDP growth until next January.

It's amazing and comical watching you trump haters twist like pretzels trying to keep odumbo's weak year of 2016 out of the picture. GDP growth slowed to 1.6% in 2016 and would have stayed low but for trump's tax relief and deregulation agenda.

Question - which years should we compare trump's second term to? Odumbo's first term? We can't use odumbo's second term again since you insist it's only fair to stack it against trump's first term.
Old 02-17-2020, 11:30 AM   #86
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
GDP growth slowed to 1.6% in 2016 and would have stayed low but for trump's tax relief and deregulation agenda.
the economy, and the stock market as well, turned on a dime the very second trump was inaugurated

the economy improved, sans tax relief and regulation reform, merely on the fact obama et al were out, totally gone forever (or as much as the next four years can be gone forever)

the initial springboard for the economy was trump in, obama out

now inherent in that is an expectation of a better regulatory atmosphere and maybe tax relief somewhere down the road, which became reality almost two years later

but it began solely with trump the man and obama no more
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 11:31 AM   #87
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
Here is a CDS link. This link has the value at 45 Trillion before the crisis. I can't the other link which had a higher number.

https://corporatefinanceinstitute.co...ault-swap-cds/
Got it. Problem is that the CDS numbers are for notional principal insured. In other words, they are highly inflated and do not reflect actual risk of loss to counter-parties. The author is making one of wtf's apples-to-oranges comparisons when he says

"The value of credit default swaps stood at $45 trillion compared to $22 trillion invested in the stock market, $7.1 trillion in mortgages and $4.4 trillion in U.S. Treasury."

The link says CDS were invented back in 1994. Again, my question is - if CDS were the proximate cause of the 2008 recession (your argument, not mine), how is everything Bush and Cheney's fault?
Old 02-17-2020, 11:36 AM   #88
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
the economy, and the stock market as well, turned on a dime the very second trump was inaugurated

the economy improved, sans tax relief and regulation reform, merely on the fact obama et al were out, totally gone forever (or as much as the next four years can be gone forever)

the initial springboard for the economy was trump in, obama out

now inherent in that is a better regulatory atmosphere and maybe tax relief somewhere down the road, which became reality almost two years later

but it began solely with trump the man and obama no more
Hahahahaha... I love the way you rub their TDS noses in it, ngit!
Old 02-17-2020, 11:37 AM   #89
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Hahahahaha... I love the way you rub their TDS noses in it, ngit!
that's the plan my man

however much the truth may hurt them is not a consideration
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 11:41 AM   #90
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Hot damn!

the so-called professor....
is that the one who claimed to have the biggest or shortest penis and is a member of the said penis club?

Quote:
sure....
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women