Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70710
biomed162543
Yssup Rider60381
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48446
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41564
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35941
Mojojo33117

Old 04-16-2015, 11:12 PM   #61
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Our resident Liver in the Past ... Or is that Lover of the Pissed... Has spoken.

Don't you have a Biblical passage that you can quote as a "factual book," IBIdiot?

You vs. Nobel Laureate...

HMMMMM.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:13 PM   #62
shanm
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
Now who is dumb? Do you really think that economists are NOT influenced by politics?
Did I say that? I asked for a "political reason" why an economist might consider increasing the minimum wage? Or do you think a Nobel prize winning economist is making that wage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
No, I did a lot more that repeat the question. You wrote down some gibberish about discouraging people from going to college and I pointed out that college graduates would also get a wage boost in the long term if the minimum wage was increased. You had no response to that.
The reason I've been quoting my post over and over again is because the answer is in there you dumb POS. I even highlighted the answer in red in post 57.
You CAN'T give everyone money. That reduces the value of money. The minimum wage issue isn't about giving engineers higher wages, it's about making sure that the people who are basically doing the lowest jobs have a consistent standard of living as Americans did in the past. and it has both positives and negatives just like every other decision in economics. Christ I have honestly never come across a more conceited and simultaneously and equally dumb motherfucker on this board. Go to the other forum "CEO cuts own wages", we're talking about the same issue. I have no time to repeat myself to a brick wall.
shanm is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 04:26 AM   #63
scsholar
BANNED

Encounters: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderConstruction View Post
To hear republicans tell it, increasing minimum wage somehow damages the economy and doesn't really help anyone. Bullshit.

http://www.dol.gov/minwage/mythbuster.htm
Have to disagree.

Even with all the data, the researchers never once asked how the costs of labor are offset.

I don't believe in raising the minimum wage and never will. I believe in the talented person getting something better than minimally skilled entry jobs such as skills in management, technical writing, engineering, teaching & etc. For companies to attract the best talent, they should be able to raise their own wages through benchmarking in order to remain competitive.
scsholar is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 07:25 PM   #64
lustylad
Premium Access

Encounters: 9

Ooops, I missed this thread when it first went up. The OP (undercunt) started it before he left eccie for a sex-change op and came back as wombhater, in which guise he started a similar thread (“CEO cuts own pay, raises workers' salaries”) advocating a higher minimum wage. Same shit, different day, same shitter, different handle.

Here is my problem. Undercunt and shammytard quoted a Dept. of Labor link claiming the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanm View Post
Myth: Increasing the minimum wage will cause people to lose their jobs.

Not true: A review of 64 studies on minimum wage increases found no discernable effect on employment.

There are lots of studies out there. There is even a study that studied all the studies and concluded something quite different than what the DOL is saying:

“University of California, Irvine economist David Neumark has examined more than 100 major academic studies on the minimum wage. He reports that 85 percent of the studies "find a negative employment effect on low-skilled workers."

http://www.creators.com/conservative...imum-wage.html

It sure looks like somebody is lying – or, at minimum, deliberately deceiving us. Did the UC-Irvine economist deliberately overlook a slew of reputable studies that found no discernible effect on employment? Are there really 64 of them? Or did the DOL deliberately ignore all the studies corroborating a negative employment effect? I am leaning toward the second explanation for the simple reason that the DOL doesn't even acknowledge that any contrary studies exist!

Even the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office has warned that a MW increase to $10.10 an hour would cost jobs! Why is the DOL marching to a different drummer?

lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 07:35 PM   #65
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Ooops, I missed this thread when it first went up. The OP (undercunt) started it before he left eccie for a sex-change op and came back as wombhater, in which guise he started a similar thread (“CEO cuts own pay, raises workers' salaries”) advocating a higher minimum wage. Same shit, different day, same shitter, different handle.

Here is my problem. Undercunt and shammytard quoted a Dept. of Labor link claiming the following:

There are lots of studies out there. There is even a study that studied all the studies and concluded something quite different than what the DOL is saying:

“University of California, Irvine economist David Neumark has examined more than 100 major academic studies on the minimum wage. He reports that 85 percent of the studies "find a negative employment effect on low-skilled workers."

http://www.creators.com/conservative...imum-wage.html

It sure looks like somebody is lying – or, at minimum, deliberately deceiving us. Did the UC-Irvine economist deliberately overlook a slew of reputable studies that found no discernible effect on employment? Are there really 64 of them? Or did the DOL deliberately ignore all the studies corroborating a negative employment effect? I am leaning toward the second explanation for the simple reason that the DOL doesn't even acknowledge that any contrary studies exist!

Even the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office has warned that a MW increase to $10.10 an hour would cost jobs! Why is the DOL marching to a different drummer?

Well undercunt, are you going to slither out from under your rock and speak about this?
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:04 PM   #66
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post
Well undercunt, are you going to slither out from under your rock and speak about this?

Naaah, too cerebral and too much work for him to get to the bottom of it. Plus if he chimes in now he'll be admitting who he is. I was hoping someone else might have an explanation though.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:21 PM   #67
shanm
Valued Poster

Can someone link this academic paper to the sniveling wimp on this forum? I hear he also goes by the name LustyLad. If you see him, please tell him that I think he is a dipshit and he should man up for once in his life and apologize to everyone on this forum. I know he won't because he is, after all, "a sniveling wimp".

http://www.cepr.net/documents/public...ge-2013-02.pdf
shanm is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:22 PM   #68
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Can someone link this academic paper to the sniveling wimp on this forum? I hear he also goes by the name LustyLad. If you see him, please tell him that I think he is a dipshit and he should man up for once in his life and apologize to everyone on this forum. I know he won't because he is, after all, a sniveling wimp.

I think I found it...

IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:26 PM   #69
shanm
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post
I think I found it...

yes, also tell the "sniveling wimp" that. Any republican worth his salt worships Milton Friedman, but the "sniveling wimp" apparently has no idea who he is or what he stands for. I think he is a wolf in sheep's clothing. By that I mean he is a jihadi ISIS terrorist pretending to be an American. That would make a lot of sense.
shanm is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 10:07 PM   #70
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
Can someone link this academic paper to the sniveling wimp on this forum? I hear he also goes by the name LustyLad.

Very good, shammy. What you sent me is a quality paper worthy of in-depth discussion. Quite impressive coming from a prickly, under-educated, inarticulate lowlife such as yourself. Full disclosure - I am already familiar with this paper. Your hero Paul Krugman brought it to my attention two years ago when it was published by his favorite left-wing think tank CEPR. Perhaps you would care to take the opportunity to give us all a quick summary of the author's findings and explain how they either support or controvert the competing claims (in post #64) of the DOL versus UC-Irvine economist David Neumark?
Old 04-17-2015, 10:10 PM   #71
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
yes, also tell the "sniveling wimp" that. Any republican worth his salt worships Milton Friedman, but the "sniveling wimp" apparently has no idea who he is or what he stands for.

Too bad you missed the Webinar last night, shamfucker. It was free too.

If you're talking to me, I've discussed Friedman many times here, dipshit. Unlike your fellow libtards who (selectively) memorize “The General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money” in their madrassas, I have never worshiped any economist. In fact I have points of disagreement with nearly all of them. And unlike you, I can articulate how and why I disagree.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:20 PM   #72
shanm
Valued Poster

Can someone also tell the "sniveling wimp" that I will not address him on this topic again until he owns up to his bullshit on the other thread and finally posts the long overdue apology that he owes every single person on this board.
Until then I will treat him like the low-life dog he is and not give him any attention. sssstt!

shanm is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 10:21 PM   #73
WombRaider
Account Disabled

Encounters: 3

Quote:

Too bad you missed the Webinar last night, shamfucker. It was free too.

If you're talking to me, I've discussed Friedman many times here, dipshit. Unlike your fellow libtards who (selectively) memorize “The General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money” in their madrassas, I have never worshiped any economist. In fact I have points of disagreement with nearly all of them. And unlike you, I can articulate how and why I disagree.

And yet, you still thought that because he was dead, something that he proposed couldn't be used. As if his ideas died with him. You know ideas don't die with people, right? Jeez, imagine if that were true. Be a fucked up world.
WombRaider is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 10:46 PM   #74
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
Perhaps you would care to take the opportunity to give us all a quick summary of the author's findings and explain how they either support or controvert the competing claims (in post #64) of the DOL versus UC-Irvine economist David Neumark?
Quote:
Can someone also tell the "sniveling wimp" that I will not address him on this topic again until he owns up to his bullshit on the other thread and finally posts the long overdue apology that he owes every single person on this board.
Until then I will treat him like the low-life dog he is and not give him any attention. sssstt!

Is that a yes or a no, shammytard?

Old 04-17-2015, 11:15 PM   #75
shanm
Valued Poster

Can someone also please inform the "sniveling wimp" that he is not fooling anyone? He can quote his latest bing searches all he likes but the truth is, he is as ignorant as the sun is bright. He has already proven that by saying some of the most ridiculous retarded shit you will ever hear while simultaneously acting like a pompous know-it-all prick. Now "the sniveling wimp" wants to save face by hacking away at wikipedia articles and regurgitating them on here. He wouldn't know "economics" if Adam Smith, John Keynes and Milton Friedman rose from the dead and triple-penetrated his ass before giving him a dusty bukkake for the ages.

The "sniveling wimp" is not much brighter than a rabid junkyard dog, and must be treated as such.
Sssstttt Dog Ssssttt!

shanm is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women