Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70764
biomed163044
Yssup Rider60676
gman4453279
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48607
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42392
CryptKicker37205
The_Waco_Kid36792
Mokoa36493
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 06-07-2014, 02:07 AM   #61
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
I hear ya on the running! You must have had bad weather that limited you to only 2 jumps during the last week. We made 5 jumps during the last week of our training. The first week was a 34 ft tower and the 2nd week the 250 ft tower.

I am sure you recall the drill where they teach you the 5 points of contact. I believe that was during the 1st week. In reality, for most jumpers there are only 2 POC, your feet and your ass.
In the interest of cost cutting, as my number of jumps went up, my number of points of contact went down.

Seems like I was always coming in backwards in a -1.
Seems like we got dropped with a 13 - 18 knot head wind on a regular basis.

I dropped to 3 points.
Feet, ass, head.

That square of foam in the back of a steel pot absorbs large amounts of....no, incredible amounts of......okay. It absorbs virtually nothing. But it does dampen the ringing after you hit a rock. Or a pine tree.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:24 AM   #62
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin View Post
I heard once the main thing it takes to go Airborne is you first have to be dumb enough to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. Another thing a true hero doesn't brag, that's all you do. Quit tooting your own horn cause nobody is really that interested.

Jim
When do crashes occur? When the plane hits the ground. If you aren't in the plane, you wouldn't die in a plane crash.
I am statistically less likely to die in a plane crash than someone who has the same number of take offs I do.

Most planes are perfectly good right up to the moment when they suddenly aren't.

Or just look at as an additional skill. The Army does. They pay, correct me if I'm wrong, an extra $110 a month (we only got $55).

A hero doesn't brag about his heroic deeds, but he knows what his skills and attributes are. And he might just brag about those....like any other person.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 06:08 AM   #63
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
I hear ya on the running! You must have had bad weather that limited you to only 2 jumps during the last week. We made 5 jumps during the last week of our training. The first week was a 34 ft tower and the 2nd week the 250 ft tower.

I am sure you recall the drill where they teach you the 5 points of contact. I believe that was during the 1st week. In reality, for most jumpers there are only 2 POC, your feet and your ass.
Well, you sure never forgot "your fourth point of contact", ie, your ass. Because every time you messed up, it was, "get your head out of your 4th point"

The strange thing about the whole "Airborne" thing during Vietnam was I doubt 90 percent of the guys who went through ever jumped again. Maybe 4 ft from a chopper, but not from a fixed wing.

It's hard to believe all of that has been some 45 years ago. We are getting old.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 06:42 AM   #64
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
Well, you sure never forgot "your fourth point of contact", ie, your ass. Because every time you messed up, it was, "get your head out of your 4th point"
The Black Hats were bad asses! We had a Lt Col in our class who was returning from his 2nd Nam tour. He was not treated any differently than an E-1. Well, probably a little different in terms of accommodations and such. But in the actual daily training regimen, there was not much difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
The strange thing about the whole "Airborne" thing during Vietnam was I doubt 90 percent of the guys who went through ever jumped again. Maybe 4 ft from a chopper, but not from a fixed wing.
I can see that there probably would not have been many opportunity's for jumping after Nam. We did get a few draftee's returning from Nam into the 82nd. But we all knew they were only assigned to fulfill the final few months of their 2 year active duty obligation. Bragg proved to be a convenient ETS landing spot for draftee's returning from Nam. Jumping was certainly not a high priority item for them once they returned to the States. They were much more concerned with ETS as opposed to jumping again from a perfectly good aircraft. And I don't blame them!

I personally had a 6 year (4 active - 2 inactive) obligation and had plenty of additional chances to jump once I returned to the States. I actually grew to enjoy it once I settled into Ft. Bragg. The drop zones were SWEET (lots of sand), much better than what I remembered at Benning. (Well, Sicily DZ and Normandy DZ were much better. St. Mere Eglise DZ, not so much.)

Once I got out of the Army, I never had the desire to jump again. Even though I had a few opportunity's. I am glad I did it and I would certainly do it again under similar circumstances. But I was obviously ready to move on with my life. Once the 4 years were behind me, it was a seamless transition to life without a chute overhead. And that is the way it has remained!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 07:21 AM   #65
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchmasterman View Post
In the interest of cost cutting, as my number of jumps went up, my number of points of contact went down.

Seems like I was always coming in backwards in a -1.
Seems like we got dropped with a 13 - 18 knot head wind on a regular basis.

I dropped to 3 points.
Feet, ass, head.

That square of foam in the back of a steel pot absorbs large amounts of....no, incredible amounts of......okay. It absorbs virtually nothing. But it does dampen the ringing after you hit a rock. Or a pine tree.
Well. This explains a lot.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 07:46 AM   #66
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Well. This explains a lot.
Hanoi COG, you should give jumping a shot!

Perhaps you might have a different perspective!
Old 06-07-2014, 08:17 AM   #67
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
The Black Hats were bad asses! We had a Lt Col in our class who was returning from his 2nd Nam tour. He was not treated any differently than an E-1. Well, probably a little different in terms of accommodations and such. But in the actual daily training regimen, there was not much difference.

I can see that there probably would not have been many opportunity's for jumping after Nam. We did get a few draftee's returning from Nam into the 82nd. But we all knew they were only assigned to fulfill the final few months of their 2 year active duty obligation. Bragg proved to be a convenient ETS landing spot for draftee's returning from Nam. Jumping was certainly not a high priority item for them once they returned to the States. They were much more concerned with ETS as opposed to jumping again from a perfectly good aircraft. And I don't blame them!

I personally had a 6 year (4 active - 2 inactive) obligation and had plenty of additional chances to jump once I returned to the States. I actually grew to enjoy it once I settled into Ft. Bragg. The drop zones were SWEET (lots of sand), much better than what I remembered at Benning. (Well, Sicily DZ and Normandy DZ were much better. St. Mere Eglise DZ, not so much.)

Once I got out of the Army, I never had the desire to jump again. Even though I had a few opportunity's. I am glad I did it and I would certainly do it again under similar circumstances. But I was obviously ready to move on with my life. Once the 4 years were behind me, it was a seamless transition to life without a chute overhead. And that is the way it has remained!
I was "Draftee" all the way. In fact, when I ETS'd out of active, I never even reported to my Ready Reserve or Standby Reserve, I just said fuck it. I damned near gave them the lower part of both legs, and for me, that was enough. At the end of 6 years, I relieved a nice envelope with my DD214 Honorable Dischard.

Like you, I got on with life.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 08:36 AM   #68
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Hanoi COG, you should give jumping a shot!

Perhaps you might have a different perspective!

He jumps to conclusions all the time.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:36 AM   #69
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
He jumps to conclusions all the time.
He certainly doesn't have a monopoly on that quality.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:49 AM   #70
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
He certainly doesn't have a monopoly on that quality.
Point well taken, you are quite accomplished at jumping to conclusions.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:52 AM   #71
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Point well taken, you are quite accomplished at jumping to conclusions.
A mere amateur to you.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 10:23 AM   #72
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28
Default SUSAN RICE DOUBLES DOWN ON STUPID !

I suggest you old military geezers meet up at the local cafe to reminisce.....

Back on the thread topic:

It wasn't embarrassing enough that Obama's National Security Advisor (cue laugh track), floated the Benghazi lie, then the Bergdahl lie, now she doubles down on the lie when questioned.....

“I realize there has been a lot of discussion and controversy around this,” Rice said to CNN about that remark. “What I was referring to is the fact that this was a young man who volunteered to serve his country in uniform at a time of war. That in itself is a very honorable thing.”

“But ‘honor and distinction?’ ” Acosta asked.

“Jim, really,” Rice said.

Susan Rice, Really ?
By that baloney standard Nidel Hasan served with honor and distinction - after all he volunteered and put on a uniform (before shooting 14 servicemen). You (and by extension Obama) are pathetic.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:11 AM   #73
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Listening to the Vets was more interesting than listening to you yammer about Rice. Till all the facts are in it will be just like Zimmerman.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 12:16 PM   #74
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
Listening to the Vets was more interesting than listening to you yammer about Rice. Till all the facts are in it will be just like Zimmerman.
Airborne!
Old 06-07-2014, 12:22 PM   #75
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
A mere amateur to you.
I suspect someone might have been jumping to conclusions when he boldly proclaimed that he was born into the USMC.

Who was that masked man, anyway?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women