Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70712
biomed162553
Yssup Rider60381
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41568
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid35954
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 11-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #61
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
It may also save Obama's career and retirement.
Obaminable's "career" as a "community organizer" is intact.

His "entitlements" are probably bullet proof as well, since no self-respecting "middle-class taxpayer" is gonna allow the lights to be turned out on the $45 million retirement home in Hawaii ... not to mention allow HIS security personnel to be reduced for budget reasons.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #62
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
It may also save Obama's career and retirement. That's the bigger issue.
If you had read anything on this man you would know that it is not. While you have time read up on him.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #63
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Remember This
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...29872D&first=1

4 Star Generals tend to be class A personalities. They love controle, and they do not like being fucked over.
Congress will get The General before Congress, and unless he Lawyers Up, they will make him answer questions.
He probably hates Hillary's guts. Think about it.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:42 AM   #64
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

All of you who believe he is resigning to save Obama line up under the sign that says Dumb fucks
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #65
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim008 View Post
All of you who believe he is resigning to save Obama line up under the sign that says Dumb fucks
I doubt he has enough respect for Obaminable to piss on him if he were on fire. As a consequence I am thinking it is for his own self-preservation, ....

..... just like the others who will be jumping ship before the inauguration.

We "know" Hillary is not having an affair ... her's is political ... too late, but heh! You all voted for Obaminable and she's more qualified than he is.

And Ekimoli, just because folks are in the 48-49% group doesn't necessarily make them "dumb fucks" any more than just because folks are in the 51-52% makes them geniuses. Fewer people voted for Obaminable this time, which means either folks got smarter or they got dumber!
Old 11-10-2012, 12:49 PM   #66
Yoyoma
Valued Poster

Here she is: http://www.theroot.com/buzz/general-...root_more_news
Yoyoma is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #67
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
Most of you have no clue as to Patraeus. In the military and with those who follow the military Patraeus was the most accomplished general of our generation and probably since WWII. He reshaped the way the armed forces fought wars, especially the type of war you find in Iraq and Afgahn. Iraq would have turned out a whole lot worse if not for him.

He had to leave the CIA because in the world of spies vs spies you look for any edge and one of the biggest is infidelity so he had to leave and did so. I suspect he will still be consulting behind the scenes. Once in the CIA you never really leave.
It's not important to know his Military accomplishments. Whats important is to why would a highly decorated Gen. of the CIA resign his position as the head of the CIA so abruptly.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #68
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
None of you see this as strange? The timing and all? Infidelity is only a problem if you are hiding it. He could have told his wife and his boss (if the FBI missed this when he became CIA chief) and you can no longer be blackmailed. That is what made Clinton so dangerous to national security. Petraeus (can we settle on a spelling) didn't have to resign for an affair unless you really want to believe that none, nada, zero of the former directors never had an affair. Is that what you believe?
No. I don't see it as strange. And what about the timing? There is NEVER a time in Washington DC when something big isn't going on. So no matter when he resigned, somebody would be calling the timing suspicious.

And you set up a false choice when you say that he could have told his wife and boss and he would no longer have to worry about blackmail. Even if his wife forgave him and his boss told him his job was safe, that STILL doesn't get him out of the public humiliation that would be attendant to being exposed. Petraeus is mortal and therefore weak in at least some respect, but he is also a proud and dignified man. I doubt very much he would find it amusing to be a punchline in Letterman's or Leno's monologue every time his name came up in the press for the next 4 years.

One of the least savory aspects of Bill Clinton wasn't that he had an affair. It was his craven lust for power that made him cling to office despite all the humiliations to which he and his wife were subjected. I used to watch him on TV and think "Christ, have you no dignity?" Oh, and he fucked Al Gore in the process. So there.

The best way to avoid all that extended public humiliation is to confront it head on and expose it yourself. Don't wait for the press to find out and come asking questions. Just admit what you did and resign quickly. Apologize to your wife and colleagues and say nothing further. Just fade from public view.

There was a time in this country when public officials resigned as a matter of due course when caught involved in wrongdoing. In England, it is still done that way much of the time. Generally, when a British MP is caught dipping his wick or submitting fraudulent expenses or whatever, he resigns quickly and quietly while maintaining a stiff upper lip.

In this country, we seldom see that anymore. Instead, our political class desperately clings to power no matter what the humiliations. Think about how long Anthony Weiner tried to hang on when caught red-handed. The only reason he resigned when he did was because Brietbart had dick pictures he was going to publish. Otherwise, he'd still be there fighting off Congressional censure and telling us all how he had learned from the experience and that he and his wife had found closure. Or think about the dipshit Republican that got caught trolling for dick in the airport bathroom. He tried to give all kinds of BS excuses about a wide stance before he finally faced the music.

I'm glad Petraeus fell on his sword the old-fashioned way. He spared us another dragged out scandal.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #69
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
No. I don't see it as strange. And what about the timing? There is NEVER a time in Washington DC when something big isn't going on. So no matter when he resigned, somebody would be calling the timing suspicious.

And you set up a false choice when you say that he could have told his wife and boss and he would no longer have to worry about blackmail. Even if his wife forgave him and his boss told him his job was safe, that STILL doesn't get him out of the public humiliation that would be attendant to being exposed. Petraeus is mortal and therefore weak in at least some respect, but he is also a proud and dignified man. I doubt very much he would find it amusing to be a punchline in Letterman's or Leno's monologue every time his name came up in the press for the next 4 years.

The best way to avoid all that extended public humiliation is to confront it head on and expose it yourself. Don't wait for the press to find out and come asking questions. Just admit what you did and resign quickly. Apologize to your wife and colleagues and say nothing further. Just fade from public view.
Well said. Sadly, there are many on this board who won't understand even though you laid it out very cleanly.

A very powerful man I respect who has played in DC for decades once told me, "The safest place to hide a secret is on the front page of the Washington Post. My enemies already believe everything I say is a lie, so I give them the truth and they spend the rest of their lives believing the opposite."
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:10 PM   #70
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by acp5762 View Post
It's not important to know his Military accomplishments. Whats important is to why would a highly decorated Gen. of the CIA resign his position as the head of the CIA so abruptly.
He is a highly-decorated general of the US Army, not the CIA. The CIA doesn't have generals. He was the Director of the CIA.

And the reason for the quick resignation was to avoid public humiliation. See my post above.

Why is that so hard for some people to understand?

What do conspiracy mongering ass-hats avoid thinking about the obvious explanations and put all their energy behind the paranoid explanations?

That's not a criticism just for the right wingers as it relates to the Petraeus scandal. It applies equally to the left wingers, particularly with respect to anything related to George W. Bush or Mitt Romney.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:29 PM   #71
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
What do conspiracy mongering ass-hats avoid thinking about the obvious explanations and put all their energy behind the paranoid explanations?
Where the conspiracy theorists are concerned, you've gotta have patience!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #72
LexusLover
Valued Poster

It will be "interesting" to learn when the "investigation" began in relation to the rumors that he might be considering a vp spot with Romney. That is if a "time-line" is published prior to the next Presidential election day. At some point in time there will be revelations also as to whether or not his resignation was requested in advance and to be submitted after the elections. Again, it would seem incompetent for the administration to be conducting an investigation of "its own" agency head without "the Boss" knowing of it.

How long did it take for John Edward's "affair" to be vetted in the media? Edward's was more like Cisnero's (San Antonio mayor) as far as the media hounds.

Patraeus's has been more like Gary Hart's.

"'Alarms went off on larger security issues,’’ the official said. As a result, FBI agents spoke with the CIA director about two weeks ago, and he learned in the discussion, if he was not already aware, that they knew of his affair with Broadwell, the official said."
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/20...8NP/story.html
Old 11-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #73
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
I doubt he has enough respect for Obaminable to piss on him if he were on fire. As a consequence I am thinking it is for his own self-preservation, ....

..... just like the others who will be jumping ship before the inauguration.

We "know" Hillary is not having an affair ... her's is political ... too late, but heh! You all voted for Obaminable and she's more qualified than he is.

And Ekimoli, just because folks are in the 48-49% group doesn't necessarily make them "dumb fucks" any more than just because folks are in the 51-52% makes them geniuses. Fewer people voted for Obaminable this time, which means either folks got smarter or they got dumber!

The line for dumb fucks was for people thinking the resignation was for Obie.FYI My vote was for Gary if that makes me a dumb fuck so be it.I didn't like the other two choices.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #74
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim008 View Post
You right wingers are always portraying libs as stupid,and you are all over this.My god your stupidity is astounding.Hankering for a dick is still ranting about Clinton and Monica..If it had been a big scoop on Fox I can hear the trash you would be heaping on The General...
Actually its you who portray libs as stupid. With every post. Fox was one of the networks who came to the Generals defense when the left branded him "General Betrayus."

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
Most of you have no clue as to Patraeus. In the military and with those who follow the military Patraeus was the most accomplished general of our generation and probably since WWII. He reshaped the way the armed forces fought wars, especially the type of war you find in Iraq and Afgahn. Iraq would have turned out a whole lot worse if not for him.

He had to leave the CIA because in the world of spies vs spies you look for any edge and one of the biggest is infidelity so he had to leave and did so. I suspect he will still be consulting behind the scenes. Once in the CIA you never really leave.
He wasn't in the CIA that long so I don't think there will be any "professional courtesy" extended to him and the circumstances for leaving doesn't make the CIA vetting look good.

He had a very distinguished and productive career to his country that we all admire and thank him for.

However, both he and his Broadwell are both West Point grads and very intelligent. They know the rules about married officers cheating especially with other married officers. Broadwell was an idiot for accessing Patraeus' email account and Patraeus was an idiot for giving her access to it.

Here's a link of her appearing on Comedy Central's Daily Show to push the book "All In":

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/we...aula-broadwell

gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #75
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:
He is a highly-decorated general of the US Army, not the CIA. The CIA doesn't have generals. He was the Director of the CIA.

And the reason for the quick resignation was to avoid public humiliation. See my post above.

Why is that so hard for some people to understand?

That's not a criticism just for the right wingers as it relates to the Petraeus scandal. It applies equally to the left wingers, particularly with respect to anything related to George W. Bush or Mitt Romney.
I know he's the head of the CIA. Even though he didn't gain rank in the CIA, he was still labeled Gen. Don't short circuit me because I suspect something fishy about the whole thing either. Besides if it makes you or anyone else feel better, Iam willing to bet there is some "Right Wing" involvement in this Bengahzi incident.
acp5762 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women