Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70761
biomed162982
Yssup Rider60631
gman4453274
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48575
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42231
CryptKicker37196
The_Waco_Kid36617
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 03-21-2016, 09:16 AM   #46
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
Huge home and home back to back with Portland coming up.

(Another) crazy game by the Mavs on Sunday.....and another spectacular game by Dirk. He's quite the amazing athlete.

If only Cuban's billions could figure out a way to clone him.....
Guest050619-1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:35 AM   #47
White Tiger
Stalking Beauty

Encounters: 154

I was at both games, really fun weekend. At age 37 Dirk dominated the Sunday game and helped keep Dallas in the game Friday. I know this is controversial, and I've only lived here since 1983, but I think--with the possible exception of Staubach--he is the greatest professional athlete in Dallas history, any sport. Top 50 NBA player of all time, for sure.
White Tiger is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 04:14 PM   #48
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tiger View Post
I was at both games, really fun weekend. At age 37 Dirk dominated the Sunday game and helped keep Dallas in the game Friday. I know this is controversial, and I've only lived here since 1983, but I think--with the possible exception of Staubach--he is the greatest professional athlete in Dallas history, any sport. Top 50 NBA player of all time, for sure.
Way higher than top 50 in history. Top 20 at least.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 06:50 PM   #49
White Tiger
Stalking Beauty

TushHog--I agree, just didn't want to go overboard. Dirk is first ballot HOF. Was the only all star on the team that won the championship, one of only two or three ever to have done that. Redefined his position. Invented a new shot of his own. And is a great guy on top of all that, who took less money In order to help his team be more competitive. Definitely top 20 ever. I feel privileged to have seen most of the games he has played in his career.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:02 AM   #50
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Way higher than top 50 in history. Top 20 at least.
Interesting topic. Of course, most sports fans love lists...gives us great fodder for endless discussions and debates. That said, a newly revised list (on the 20th anniversary of the 50 Greatest NBA players of All Time List) was recently revised and revealed last month (by Jack MacCallum, Basketball Hall-of-Fame writer).

Our favorite German cracked the top 40.....and that's about it.

Looking over the upper echelon (top 10....top 20...etc) you might come away wondering if he'll be moved up more by the time he hangs them up. As he continues to assault the all-time scoring list, he could climb a little higher.....the question is How Much would scoring alone affect his considered status compared to the other all time greats? Other phases of the game (rebounds, blocks, assists not to mention Wins and Championships) would come into consideration I would think. More rings don't appear to be on the horizon though....

What'll piss you off some is MacCallum has that fraud a dozen spots ahead of Dirk. Damn.

40. Willis Reed
39. Patrick Ewing
38. Bob Cousy
37. Dirk Nowitzki
36. Dave Bing
35. Clyde Drexler
34. Kevin Garnett
33. Jerry Lucas
32. Bill Walton
31. Steph Curry
30. John Stockton
29. Isiah Thomas
28. David Robinson
27. Rick Barry
26. George Gervin
25. Dwayne Wade
24. George Mikan
23. Scottie Pippen
22. John Havlicek
21. Walt Frazier
20. Charles Barkley
19. Elvin Hates
18. Julius Irving
17. Karl Malone
16. Hakeen Olajuwon
15. Shaquille O'Neal
14. Moses Malone
13. Bob Pettit
12. Kobe Bryant
11. Elgin Baylor
10. Tim Duncan
9. Jerry West
8. Bill Russell
7. Larry Bird
6. Oscar Robertson
5. Lebron James
4. Magic Johnson
3. Wilt Chamberlain
2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
1. Michael Jordan
Old 03-22-2016, 09:31 AM   #51
TheSaltyShrimp
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 14

Went to the game against the Warriors a few days ago. Not a Mavs fan but it was an entertaining game. Even got two free passes for Silver City Cabaret.
TheSaltyShrimp is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 09:34 AM   #52
White Tiger
Stalking Beauty

Looking at that last, in all honesty, I can't see Dirk in the top 15, but still think there are places in the 16-30 range that he fits. Agree with you about Wade--total creation of the media (and the referees), never did a thing without another HOF'er in prime career on the team, although the year they beat the Mav's was impressive. The year they lost to the Mav's wipes that out, though, since Dirk's contribution to that crushing defeat was pretty much a solo effort (no LeBron or Shaq, just a worn out Jason Kidd who retired pretty soon after to coach).

Just based on career accomplishments, not sure guys like Drexler, Garnett, Walton, Robinson, deserve to be ahead of Dirk, although all were great players on great teams. I just think because he's a clumsy white guy with a little bit of the Frankenstein image and a thick German accent, Dirk is always underappreciated. Also, he is very humble and doesn't promote himself over team (you listening, Dwayne). Yet he has more points and rebounds than all of them, has a league MVP and a finals MVP (in different years), and at age 37 can still go off for 40 points against a play-off caliber team in the middle of a run.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:12 AM   #53
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

After bringing up the all-time scoring list in my aforementioned post, it gave me food for thought as to where Dirk might eventually end up considering his current pace.

No one's going to overtake Jabbar at the top spot (least ways I don't see that happening) and that includes Dirk. And catching Karl Malone (#2) would take a major effort as well. That aside....

.....Dirk currently sits at #6 all time....and still climbing.

Looking deeper, he has averaged 18.8 ppg for the 2015-16 season which is amazingly not too far off what he averaged the SIX seasons prior to this one (which includes the Mavs 2011 Championship season).....from the 2009-10 thru 2014-15, Dirk averaged 21.0 ppg. At 37, the big German hasn't dropped off too much, has he?

Consider this: by the end of this season (another dozen games) Dirk will be less than 1,800 points from passing Wilt Chamberlain for 5th place all time. He will also be a tad over 2,600 points from passing Michael Jordan for 4th place. This is getting into rare air.

Hypothetically, if Dirk can continue to average 18.0 ppg the next two years, he would pass Wilt in 99 more games (by the start of the 2016-17 season)......and he would need 147 games to pass Michael. Both milestones are within reach during the 2017-18 season and prior to him turning 40 years of age.

Dirk is a scorer and always has been. His game hasn't depended on his ability to out jump other players or to out quick them. Nor has he had to bang on other players in the paint night after night after night. My point is so long as Nowitzki can remain relatively healthy and can keep his body in shape...free from injury....there's no reason to doubt he can move past both Wilt and MJ on this list.

After that, he would be 1,000 points away from 3rd all time. If Dirk is still having fun, Kobe Bryant might be his next target...who knows?
Old 03-22-2016, 11:50 AM   #54
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

No idea when that list was compiled, but it looks like Dirk ought to slot in right at 19.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 12:58 PM   #55
White Tiger
Stalking Beauty

It's fun to watch Dirk climb through the all-time scoring ranks. Not sure about his contract situation, but I think it has one more year (?). If so, he should be good for at least 1,000 more points. I'm concerned he might call it quits when his current contract is up, but if he plays until he is 40, he will definitely be in the top 5 or higher.

TushHog--you can make a good case for 19.
Old 03-22-2016, 02:39 PM   #56
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
No idea when that list was compiled, but it looks like Dirk ought to slot in right at 19.
It was posted Feb 6, 2016.

You can do a search for the live interview with MacCallum and hear some of his comments regarding some players that were left off the list or were bumped (Steve Nash's name, for instance, came up during that part of the conversation).

It's obviously a very serious subject to him as he knows the list will be heavily scrutinized by the passionate, if not biased, fans of the game.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:58 AM   #57
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Dallas (Stars) secured the number one seed in the NHL West for the playoffs.....hopefully it's a nice, long run for them. Been a while since we've had some Stanley Cup action around here.

Mavs need a win tonight (in Utah) to secure a playoff spot for themselves. Sure don't want it to come down to a must-win Wed night (at home) vs the burr-under-our-saddle Spurs. Whatever happens, it's been a roller coaster of a season for Dallas. Old news now...Parsons is officially out for the remainder of the season and others are also ailing (Berrea, Williams, etc). Might not be more than a five....maybe six game run in the playoffs (if they mange to make it in).

Rangers first full week is too early to really know what they are or will eventually be. Injuries have already bitten them....maybe a trade or two is in the makes to fill in. Bright spot.....Cole Hammels (2-0) is one tough cookie (whatta shock, huh).....hopefully this start means a big year is in store for him....and the Rangers.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:14 PM   #58
Hidaka
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

End of the regular season up date

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidaka View Post
The Vegas over under on the Mavs is 38.5 games.
I say fuck Vegas , never been there don't care.

I see 45 games this year. >>>>>> Ok they only won 42

Wes Mathews. - seems like a hell of a guy and a pretty good player. we have the best training staff and he will be back sooner than later. He will also light a fire under the ass of .... >>>>>> Streaky ass I don't trust him as he has been more cold than hot , but lets hope he will stay warm for a few more weeks.

Deron Williams. He will regain a lot of his playing heart as Wes Mathews shows him what real heart is . >>>>> Williams is Ok, not the all star from years ago but not a dud either

Parsons Chandler aka White bread Jr. Healthier this year and with out Monte Ellis to take up most of the shots will be allowed to become the player he is being paid to be. >>>> Looked like he was getting some form lots of points , then hurt out for the season again.

DIRRRRRRRRKK DIIIRRRRRRK DDIIIIRRRRRK!!!@@@@@!@!@!@! Much like Michael Finley back in the day, he will be present however know when to step bakc ot allow the younger players to develop. Diiiirrrrrrkkkkkkkk!!!! >>> >still kickin ass but I felt he never took the step back to open it up for the younger guys. I blame the coach.

Devin Harris been to the finals, JJBarea , WON in the finals. >>> Harris has been good, J.J. has been AWSOME!

Za Za , solid and Awsome. Mjeri - doing well ,
NEW GUYS/ young talent - Anderson looks like a real starter in his first year with tons of potential
Powell, He is a real gamer / baller. He has skills and is super hungry a man on a mission that we need to keep around.

Feel free to add your thoughts to this thread.

BTW , Im still fuckin the girl that was in my Avatar, but after seeing Motely Crue live, i had to make a change. ...... I stopped seeing my avatar girl as I was dating a n Amp girl for a while but I am going to look her up again.
Play off predictions - We will not be swept. That is all I can promise GO MAVS!
Hidaka is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 10:39 PM   #59
BLM69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidaka View Post
Play off predictions - We will not be swept. That is all I can promise GO MAVS!
We will see, maybe 4-1?
BLM69 is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 10:46 PM   #60
Benny Siegel23
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

They might steal one in Dallas but that's about it. 4-1 Thunder.
Benny Siegel23 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women