Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > New York > Upstate New York > The Sandbox - Upstate New York
test
The Sandbox - Upstate New York The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70764
biomed163044
Yssup Rider60676
gman4453279
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48607
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42391
CryptKicker37205
The_Waco_Kid36792
Mokoa36493
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 01-11-2014, 12:19 PM   #46
Frankie Fine
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 97367
My ECCIE Reviews

I think it' s a nice idea. I find it super hard to ignore ppl going through hard times.

I often wonder if charity in a public place, where others are paying full price, would make a less fortunate person feel more humiliated...

That would bother me.

This Christmas I actually finished paying someone's grocery bill ahead of me in line. They simply didn't have enough on their bank card to cover the entire bill. I just thought screw it, holiday season,ppl need help sometimes. No big deal.

This thread reminds me I should be doing more for others, thank you !
Frankie Fine is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:03 PM   #47
JohnnyCap
BANNED

Encounters: 22

Thanks Doove, I like it when you add more than a negative on our/my ability to think.

Is there an origin to this suspended idea? Because I'm tempted to think its more about Starfucks selling another cup than it is anything else.

Personally, I'm skeptical (imagine that) of organized charity. The whole breast cancer thing is about selling merchandise (I fucking hate October NFL, sluts) and many executives of charitable foundations do too well. I am pissed I ever gave a thing to Goodwill, they're a for-profit enterprise. Nevertheless there are good places to give.

Part of the solution I think about involves making our worlds a little smaller, if there was just some way the fortunate in any given neighborhood could keep the less fortunate in their neighborhood working. But usually the effort is more towards getting those less fortunate out of the neighborhood.
JohnnyCap is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:20 PM   #48
jackfengshui
Backbencher

Encounters: 1

Serious philanthropy is not easy. It takes a lot of effort to give away money with some likelihood that it will be put to good use.

In my own modest way, I try to be educated about the organizations I contribute to. Planned Parenthood is one of my favorites.
jackfengshui is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:23 PM   #49
Plastic Man
life coach fer yer penis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
Though i'll add, it sounds like some in here would simply tell the cashier in that instance to just go f themselves.
Dearest Mr. Schweitzer you are a fantastic role model of generosity and morality this being such an upstanding glass shithouse in which to cast stones at others

Plastic Man is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:32 PM   #50
ToriStarr
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 205810
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCap View Post
Any suspended blowjobs available?
No one's paid for suspended bjs but sure feel free to start, I'm down ;-)
or maybe I could start accepting receipts of donation to Buffalo city mission, haven house (Womens abuse shelter), compass house (children's shelter) or the spca. Now there's an idea, I like it
ToriStarr is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:36 PM   #51
ToriStarr
Upgraded Female Account

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by rke324 View Post
I'm not a fan of the "suspended coffee" idea for a number of reasons, many of which have already been stated here. It's a sad fact that businesses will loose customers if the homeless start patronizing their business for "suspended anything" and therefore less likely to participate. That is sad but a fact non the less. It's also a waste of $ that could be used in a much more efficient way to help those in need. Add the fact that this does nothing to help these soles with other needs such as shelter, counseling, etc, etc, . . .
I worked in what is arguably the poorest section of Buffalo for 10 yrs. and I got to know every street in my territory. I wasn't stuck in one office or plant. I was out on the streets and I witnessed the homeless and needy in their element on a daily basis. Not a day went by that I wasn't asked for a handout. Common sense along with the fact that I never carried cash prevented me from giving any handouts. The fact is they were more apt to spend any cash at East Side Liquors rather than the McDonalds directly across the street from the liquor store. During this time I also had the opportunity to learn about the Buffalo Food Bank Of W.N.Y. on Holt St. and The Buffalo City Mission on E. Tupper. I donate to both because my $ goes further, is used for what it was intended for (not booze & drugs) and also helps in areas other than just food.
The Buffalo City Mission can give someone a complete hot meal for $1.98. Compare that to $3.15 for a lrg. coffee and a muffin at Timmy Ho's. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to do the math.
https://www.buffalocitymission.org/d..._campaign=paid

The Food Bank of W.N.Y. distributes to food pantries in numerous communities in Western New York.
http://www.foodbankwny.org/

I'm not familiar with Rochester or Syracuse but I would think there is something similar in each city. The way I see it, if I can afford to spend $$ to "hobby", I can certainly afford to help the less fortunate. Especially when you can donate right from the computer you're probably using to read this thread and comment.
Although I still like the suspended coffee idea, it is good to weigh the pros and cons of an idea like it, and I think you pointed out the cons better than some others. Good input!
Old 01-13-2014, 10:12 AM   #52
Chris Tucker
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24

Good idea. How many times have you seen a homeless person and wonder what's there story. Instead of me being judgmental about that person I think to myself that I'm am so lucky not to be in that persons shoes. Giving them some money is the least I can do to help them through the day. Careful to criticize till you walk in there shoes.
Chris Tucker is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:14 PM   #53
ToriStarr
Upgraded Female Account

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Tucker View Post
Good idea. How many times have you seen a homeless person and wonder what's there story. Instead of me being judgmental about that person I think to myself that I'm am so lucky not to be in that persons shoes. Giving them some money is the least I can do to help them through the day. Careful to criticize till you walk in there shoes.
THANK YOU!!!!! That is what I was saying!!!! But I think you said it better lol
Old 01-14-2014, 04:32 AM   #54
Howdy Do Me
Account Disabled

Encounters: 9

I do volunteer work 2x/Mo at the Women's/Children's shelter. Grab a couple if friends and we make a couple meals or do game night for the moms and kids. Give out prizes too. Its amazing what a $2.00 item will do to a little kid!
Howdy Do Me is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:35 AM   #55
Guest042416
Account Disabled

Encounters: 20

Nothing wrong with helping out the poor. I do not think people want to be homeless or have no food to eat, some can be helped some cant , Ive never walked in their shoes and I feel fortunate to have the things I have.
Guest042416 is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:46 AM   #56
Plastic Man
life coach fer yer penis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howdy Do Me View Post
I do volunteer work 2x/Mo at the Women's/Children's shelter.
lol! Let them know about your "hobby" and see then how much they love your volunteering.
holy best ever definition for the word irony
Plastic Man is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:49 AM   #57
Hardpiped03
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plastic Man View Post
lol! Let them know about your "hobby" and see then how much they love your volunteering.
holy best ever definition for the word irony
PM.......do you partake in this hobby at all? And I am not talking about volunteering at the shelter.
Hardpiped03 is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:59 AM   #58
Guest042416
Account Disabled

Encounters: 20

yes pm please share with us.

mr no reviews but all in judging everyone, let us know mr silent review.
Guest042416 is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:27 AM   #59
Howdy Do Me
Account Disabled

Encounters: 9

PM, I suppose there is some irony there. To answer a few questions. I hobby once a week, twice if you include my right hand. I go down there for several reasons, none of which I care to share with a sociopathic ass such as yourself. The place I help at is not a dating site and I would guarantee they could care less what I do in my free time. Most of the women down there are there because of job loss, husbands walking out on them, husbands/ boyfriends beating them and the kids up, drug abuse too. There are streetwalkers there as well. I know helping others that are less fortunate than you may be a foreign concept to you. But try it sometime, the person you help couldn't give a rats ass about who or what your about. You helped them and that's what they care about!
Howdy Do Me is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:01 AM   #60
TheRedMonroe
Account Disabled

User ID: 125602
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howdy Do Me View Post
I do volunteer work 2x/Mo at the Women's/Children's shelter. Grab a couple if friends and we make a couple meals or do game night for the moms and kids. Give out prizes too. Its amazing what a $2.00 item will do to a little kid!
That is incredibly noble of you. One person (or many) may not be able to solve all the world's problems, but we all have the ability to help out one or a few at a time. "Every little bit helps, right?"

I don't know you, but just from this statement, I think that you are pretty amazing!

The world is full of negativity, hatred and horror. If an act like making sure that one person has at least one hot meal or hot drink a day makes the giver happy, why put them down for it.

The idea of suspended coffee or any program like it may not be perfect and won't solve poverty or hunger altogether, but I bet those on the receiving end are pretty grateful.
TheRedMonroe is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women