Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
test
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70712
biomed162553
Yssup Rider60381
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41568
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid35954
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 08-11-2021, 02:10 PM   #46
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98

CNN reports on rising inflation numbers: “Prices for just about everything are going up"

https://twitter.com/i/status/1425462557909954564
berryberry is offline   Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 02:12 PM   #47
berryberry
Valued Poster

Senile Biden and House Democrats' out-of-control spending is causing Americans to pay more for just about everything.

Steaks are UP 10.7%
TVs are UP 9.9%
Fish is UP 8.5%
Sports equip is UP 7.2%

And this is not temporary - When they say inflation will "spike" or increase this year, and then "come back down next year", what they are saying is the price will skyrocket.... AND THEN the price will remain high.

EX. A lemon goes from $0.49 to $0.99 today. And next year remains $0.99 !

Here is an excellent thread that explains why:

https://twitter.com/TheLastRefuge2/s...114403329?s=20
Old 08-11-2021, 06:43 PM   #48
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Encounters: 9

Beef and Fish are up because of high demand and supply-chain bottlenecks and worker shortages, not primarily government spending.

TV's are up because of the chip shortage, shipping constraints and supply-chain bottlenecks, not primarily government spending.

I don't follow sporting goods
HDGristle is offline   Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 11:13 PM   #49
berryberry
Valued Poster

Woohoo - more inflation in senile Biden's America. And yes, worker shortages are caused by government spending - specifically the government handouts in a multitude of areas that have led to people choosing not to work and just let the government support them. So thank senile Biden and the Democrats for this out of control inflation

Grocery shoppers in Georgia on rising prices: “It’s ridiculous...The prices are just so outrageous I can’t afford it”

https://twitter.com/i/status/1425614927402782723
Old 08-12-2021, 05:39 AM   #50
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

It's adorable watching you huff and puff when we both know you're not focusing on the primary cause.

https://www.fooddive.com/news/meat-p...rom-co/600941/

You're going to focus on the part of this at the end talking about the unemployment comp. You're going to ignore 4 million workers who voluntarily quit. The traditional issues with full attendance. The impact of how fear of COVID itself impacts workers looking at how their work is staged in factory/shop environments. The work locations themselves not being in areas that attract large numbers of workers. You're not going to dig into how wages in other sectors have changed over time making them more attractive options for less stress or affording people with better options for similar pay with more work-life balance, or even taking less pay to get that balance. People fleeing burnout or turning down overtime. You just point to one thing and ignore everything else, including pre-COVID trends in this direction because that doesn't jive with your narrative.

You're not going to address the impacts of tariffs or trade war on the supply side because it's inconvenient and you're not really looking to have a serious discussion. You're just spouting talking points like the libs you despise
Old 08-12-2021, 10:06 AM   #51
berryberry
Valued Poster

I am flattered you find me adorable - but sorry I don't swing that way. You do you.

And the primary cause IS massive government handouts in various forms. You can choose to dismiss that and pretend it is something else, but you are simply deceiving yourself
Old 08-12-2021, 10:31 AM   #52
berryberry
Valued Poster

Another inflation red flag, the day after Senate Democrats set the table for trillions in new federal spending.

INFLATION WATCH: U.S. wholesale prices jump 1% in July - above forecast. Core PPI up 0.9%. Producer price index has risen 7.8% in the past 12 months, at least the highest since 2010 when the index was reformulated. Lots of inflation still in the guts of the U.S. economy
Old 08-12-2021, 02:32 PM   #53
berryberry
Valued Poster

Oh look, people are starting to wake up

Nearly 80 percent of Americans blame senile Biden for inflation surge

https://nypost.com/2021/08/12/nearly...on-surge-poll/
Old 08-12-2021, 02:38 PM   #54
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

As of today + 8% at the wholesale level with no end in sight. Add in 4 trillion more in government spending. We’re in for tough times.
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 03:00 PM   #55
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryberry View Post
I am flattered you find me adorable - but sorry I don't swing that way. You do you.

And the primary cause IS massive government handouts in various forms. You can choose to dismiss that and pretend it is something else, but you are simply deceiving yourself

As expected, no spine. Just partisan talking points
Old 08-12-2021, 03:55 PM   #56
chizzy
Premium Access

Encounters: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDGristle View Post
Beef and Fish are up because of high demand and supply-chain bottlenecks and worker shortages, not primarily government spending.

TV's are up because of the chip shortage, shipping constraints and supply-chain bottlenecks, not primarily government spending.

I don't follow sporting goods

I can agree on the tv thing but worker shortages for beef and fish? Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't these shortages there in 2020 around march when things shutdown? So why use that as an excuse now? Did the prices go up last year or this year?
chizzy is online now   Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 04:12 PM   #57
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
As expected, no spine. Just partisan talking points
Really. I guess 80% of the country is now partisan republicans?
Because in another one of the facts you ignored, nearly 80 percent of Americans blame senile Biden's economic policies for the inflation surge. But hey, they are all just partisan talking points

Old 08-12-2021, 04:21 PM   #58
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chizzy View Post
I can agree on the tv thing but worker shortages for beef and fish? Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't these shortages there in 2020 around march when things shutdown? So why use that as an excuse now? Did the prices go up last year or this year?
Labor shortages have been for a variety of reasons, but a lot of the reduced demand from restaurants last year was somewhat offset by increased demand as folks stocked up on certain meats and cuts to weather the storm. Remember that there were shortages of chicken, then beef and pork. Then chicken again. Some meat packers got slammed with positive cases and shutdowns. But also used the PPP to protect jobs and reduce the number of layoffs.

But now as restaurants reopened, the types of cuts restaurants desire that had fallen out of favor are back in demand again while people are still stocking up at home. Foreign imports, which account for more than most people think of what's in your grocery store, are coming in slower and at higher costs in some cases due to tariffs as well as higher fuel and transportation costs. And domestic producers are finding it difficult to get applicants.

https://www.dailyitem.com/business/s...67093b465.html

Agriculture jobs, including meatpacking and meat processing have historically been becoming more reliant on temporary seasonal workers who are willing to take the jobs as plants ramp up or down than people realize. There's an immigration component there There's also more competition for labor at higher wages across several sectors that make it just as lucrative to work at a Sheetz or a Chipotle as it was to bust your ass in a packing plant. The wage levels aren't as attractive as they used to be, which mean the locations and conditions aren't as tolerable as they used to be.

There have been large swaths of workers who just flat out left the industries and found work elsewhere. So add those losses to constrained immigrant supply and jobs that traditionally don't appeal to American workers this isn't really all that shocking. When 4 million people in the US quit their jobs in April... just in April, they're not collecting unemployment so to try to make portray those benefits as the primary cause is disingenuous.

There were undercurrents in this sector for years which surfaced due to COVID. Similar to others sectors, there's a slew of reasons why employers are struggling to fill jobs. And as those shortages continue, prices will go up in later months until demand softens or supply somehow finds a way to catch up via either domestic production or import.

I do respect you, Chizzy. I expect you're open to seeing the big picture of the macroeconomic impacts and that I am not saying there's no impact for the unemployment benefits, but there are two or 3 administrstions worth of bad policies at least all coming to a head during a hopefully once in a century event that will fundamentally restructure how American labor goes to work.
Old 08-12-2021, 04:27 PM   #59
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryberry View Post
Really. I guess 80% of the country is now partisan republicans?
Because in another one of the facts you ignored, nearly 80 percent of Americans blame senile Biden's economic policies for the inflation surge. But hey, they are all just partisan talking points

The link is as broken as your logic. But by all means strawman some more.
Old 08-12-2021, 10:42 PM   #60
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
The link is as broken as your logic. But by all means strawman some more.
The link works fine. I am guessing since you couldn't figure that out, that is why you can't understand basic facts - like when the government keeps printing money and giving handout upon handout, both reducing the workforce while at the same time putting much more free money into people's and businesses hands, it inevitably leads to supply / demand imbalances and results in inflation

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women