Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70764
biomed163044
Yssup Rider60667
gman4453279
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48597
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42388
CryptKicker37204
The_Waco_Kid36790
Mokoa36493
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 08-07-2016, 03:13 PM   #46
DSK
Account Disabled

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
The Republican party will either reinvent itself in the next 8, jettisoning the Thumpers and the neo-segrigationists or they will be as meaningful as Gary Johnson is today.

The necessary changes are not a secret. Demographics always wins (ask the Soviets). Quit being hostile to minorities and you will find many of them agree with many mainstream Republican ideas. But for now the venom and the Wackos chase them away.

Not that I expect most here are open brained enough to ever actually comprehend what Revenent and Jackie are telling you.
I think this election will likely change the Republican party to make it less hostile to minorities - or we die.

Minorities as defined today are the future of the country - white women would rather work than raise more than one or two kids these days.
DSK is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 03:32 PM   #47
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSK View Post
I think this election will likely change the Republican party to make it less hostile to minorities -
I've said before I have always considered myself to be a Democrat, and still do. What has happened to the Democratic Party began with McGovern and a shifting away from the "middle of the road" politics. IMO Obaminable makes McGovern look like a conservative.

I was quite familiar with South Texas politics ... during the LBJ and Connally years. They were not liberals. On election day vegetable trucks would pick up the Hispanic voters who were assembled by their "block captains" and they were handed sheets in Spanish to tell them for whom to vote and after they voted they were taken to one of the PUBLIC PARKS in the area to eat and drink beer ... as their reward for voting ... "the right way"! I have seen elected Democratic officials accompany voters INTO THE POLLS to "assist" them with the burdensome task of selecting which "ticket" to select. Democratic Judges unopposed through election after election (from the fear of anyone wanting to run against them) and then when they decided to retire .. one more election ... then resign for the Governor to appoint the replacement for the next almost four years ... to be unopposed in the next cycle ... ad nauseam. A strong two party system is good for everyone, and IMO it keeps good candidates running ... when they have a chance of winning and can compete as far as a contribution is concerned.

If the Democrats take the Hispanic vote for granted every four years it will not happen .... with this transgender, pro-abortion, no-guns, and "open border" bullshit. If that is their strategy it is one for failure .... the Hispanic population in Texas (and elsewhere) gets the leftovers....and they did before the Republicans took control ...

Who knows why 290 was built leaving Austin to the West toward Johnson City?
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 05:27 PM   #48
dilbert firestorm
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
George Will is an erudited republican high end elitist critic who is very snooty.
I forgot to add prrogressive in my comments on Mr. Will.

it should thus read:
George Will is an erudited republican high end elitist progressive critic who is very snooty.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 05:39 PM   #49
dilbert firestorm
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
If the Democrats take the Hispanic vote for granted every four years it will not happen .... with this transgender, pro-abortion, no-guns, and "open border" bullshit. If that is their strategy it is one for failure .... the Hispanic population in Texas (and elsewhere) gets the leftovers....and they did before the Republicans took control ...
That makes sense.

if the democratic party blow horn that the republican party is being negative on hispanic illegal immigration aand they think its the winning ticket.

they ignore the obvious pitfalls in their calculation, "transgender, Pro-abortion and gay marriage will not fly well with the native hispanic americans as many are very religious.

LBJ & Connally period and earlier... there is a name for this type of democrats. they are generally referred to as "Jackson" democrats.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 06:11 PM   #50
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
I think this election will likely change the Republican party to make it less hostile to minorities - or we die.
Spot on. Now why can't some of the resident redneck wackos see it.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 09:15 PM   #51
DSK
Account Disabled

Quote:
I've said before I have always considered myself to be a Democrat, and still do. What has happened to the Democratic Party began with McGovern and a shifting away from the "middle of the road" politics. IMO Obaminable makes McGovern look like a conservative.

I was quite familiar with South Texas politics ... during the LBJ and Connally years. They were not liberals. On election day vegetable trucks would pick up the Hispanic voters who were assembled by their "block captains" and they were handed sheets in Spanish to tell them for whom to vote and after they voted they were taken to one of the PUBLIC PARKS in the area to eat and drink beer ... as their reward for voting ... "the right way"! I have seen elected Democratic officials accompany voters INTO THE POLLS to "assist" them with the burdensome task of selecting which "ticket" to select. Democratic Judges unopposed through election after election (from the fear of anyone wanting to run against them) and then when they decided to retire .. one more election ... then resign for the Governor to appoint the replacement for the next almost four years ... to be unopposed in the next cycle ... ad nauseam. A strong two party system is good for everyone, and IMO it keeps good candidates running ... when they have a chance of winning and can compete as far as a contribution is concerned.

Who knows why 290 was built leaving Austin to the West toward Johnson City?
There was money in it for LBJ...
DSK is offline   Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:18 AM   #52
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:

Minorities as defined today are the future of the country - white women would rather work than raise more than one or two kids these days.
Pandering to minorities is not the answer. Conforming to the Constitution is. Individual freedom, personal responsibility is what made the country great.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 01:46 AM   #53
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
There was money in it for LBJ...
No. LBJ had a nasty habit of wanting to drive after consuming copious amounts of alcoholic beverages and when he did in Austin 290 was temporarily "closed" and he could drive "home" ... it was wide enough for him to "drift" .... of course the benefit was the increased traffic, particularly later on.

In those days Presidents had more "privacy" than today.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:07 AM   #54
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
LBJ & Connally period and earlier... there is a name for this type of democrats. they are generally referred to as "Jackson" democrats.
An "issue" in media driven politics is to stick certain individuals into nice little "neat" pigeon holes for identification purposes in news stories and most of them are morphed into negative labels with derogatory remarks regarding specific undesireable traits assigned to them based on the labeling.

The Democratic Party in Texas, like in many Southern states, was "born" from the reconstruction period and many of the provisions in the Texas Constitution and statutes implementing those amendments and changes were crafted to shift the "control" of the state and local governments to the voters in order to stop or at least frustrate the "agenda" of the "Republican" carpetbaggers who administered state and local government in Texas like post-war dictators.

IMO any time one group or the other maintains a strangle hold on government for an extended period of time there is a trend to build into the system rules, regulations, and "standards of behavior" that "protect" the group in power to the exclusion of the outsiders. The result is most often "corruption."

In this election cycle the scope of that "strangle hold" transcends party lines and constituents from both major parties are revolting against the dominance imposed upon them by the "insiders" who seem content on maintaining the "status quo" than making changes that may benefit ALL of the U.S. citizens (recognizing of course that "ALL" means all groups as opposed to believing that 100% of the U.S. citizens will be satisfied or even can be.)

As to LBJ ... few people today recognize that JFK ... was initially opposed to the proposed Civil Rights legislation because it would alienate the South against him in his next election (for political reasons), which means to me at least that JFK in all the fantasies about him were distorted to put him in more favorable light than perhaps he deserved regarding his role as President. LBJ used his death to forward LBJ's agenda, but at the same time LBJ made "deals" to get the Civil Rights legislation passed and palatable to the Southern States ... one example ... concurrent jurisdiction between State and Federal courts for enforcement.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:32 AM   #55
DSK
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Pandering to minorities is not the answer. Conforming to the Constitution is. Individual freedom, personal responsibility is what made the country great.
I completely agree with you, but if you do not pander to minorities, they will not vote for your candidate.
DSK is offline   Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 07:35 AM   #56
DSK
Account Disabled

Quote:
An "issue" in media driven politics is to stick certain individuals into nice little "neat" pigeon holes for identification purposes in news stories and most of them are morphed into negative labels with derogatory remarks regarding specific undesireable traits assigned to them based on the labeling.

The Democratic Party in Texas, like in many Southern states, was "born" from the reconstruction period and many of the provisions in the Texas Constitution and statutes implementing those amendments and changes were crafted to shift the "control" of the state and local governments to the voters in order to stop or at least frustrate the "agenda" of the "Republican" carpetbaggers who administered state and local government in Texas like post-war dictators.

IMO any time one group or the other maintains a strangle hold on government for an extended period of time there is a trend to build into the system rules, regulations, and "standards of behavior" that "protect" the group in power to the exclusion of the outsiders. The result is most often "corruption."

In this election cycle the scope of that "strangle hold" transcends party lines and constituents from both major parties are revolting against the dominance imposed upon them by the "insiders" who seem content on maintaining the "status quo" than making changes that may benefit ALL of the U.S. citizens (recognizing of course that "ALL" means all groups as opposed to believing that 100% of the U.S. citizens will be satisfied or even can be.)

As to LBJ ... few people today recognize that JFK ... was initially opposed to the proposed Civil Rights legislation because it would alienate the South against him in his next election (for political reasons), which means to me at least that JFK in all the fantasies about him were distorted to put him in more favorable light than perhaps he deserved regarding his role as President. LBJ used his death to forward LBJ's agenda, but at the same time LBJ made "deals" to get the Civil Rights legislation passed and palatable to the Southern States ... one example ... concurrent jurisdiction between State and Federal courts for enforcement.
Very well put.

As for JFK and the fantasies about him, I'm not sure the true record will ever overcome the myth making.

All my Cuban friends certainly hate his guts, though.
DSK is offline   Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 07:44 AM   #57
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Very well put.

As for JFK .....

All my Cuban friends certainly hate his guts, though.
They probably have to hate someone and hating those in power "back home" can result in being incarcerated or worse ..... so hating him, even though it was the Russians using them as puppets that stirred JFK to action, is better for them, even if JFK can't defend himself anymore.

I remember that DAY. It was quiet and the streets were empty.

That was no myth.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:35 AM   #58
Revenant
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
I won't waste my time digging up old news, but Little George was boldly predicting Trump will never get the nomination ....

.... and he wants to stick his nose in Texas politics?

He's got to get it out of his ass first! Kinda like Reverent Dallas!

He calls this "bullshit"?

"McGovern and the liberal Democrats in the State pretty much cooked the Democratic Party in Texas. As the Democrats move farther to the left it becomes less likely they will recapture the State has a whole ... the strong hispanic vote is in South Texas ... and about all that does is assure local Hispanic politicians ( who do little for them) return to office."

Bexar County:
Anglo Republican Sheriff and Anglo Republican District Clerk!

Two county wide offices!!!!! in a county with probably 60% Hispanic.
A sheriff and a clerk? Is that the best you can do? You must be desperate. Every big city in the state has gone blue and the minority population is exploding and all you can cite is this bullshit?

Just wait until there is an organized, state-wide election with a concerted get-out-the-vote drive. Then you will find out how SLIM the GOP hold is in Texas. Thumpers can't save the GOP forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
it should thus read:
George Will is an erudited republican high end elitist progressive critic who is very snooty.
George Will is a progressive? I can only assume you are being ironic. Nobody can be that stupid.

He has been a non-stop and intelligent critic of Obama, Democrats and progressives for years and years. But because he cannot stomach a vile piece of shit like Trump, you think he is a progressive.
Revenant is offline   Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 09:03 AM   #59
gfejunkie
2016 County by County Map

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post

George Will is a progressive? I can only assume you are being ironic. Nobody can be that stupid.

He has been a non-stop and intelligent critic of Obama, Democrats and progressives for years and years. But because he cannot stomach a vile piece of shit like Trump, you think he is a progressive.
And you are that stupid if you think he's on your side. George Will is just throwing a temper tantrum because his guy didn't win. He'll be back. There's no place else for him to go.
gfejunkie is offline   Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 09:08 AM   #60
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
A sheriff and a clerk? Is that the best you can do?
Both county wide elected officials .... not desperate at all.

You obviously don't get out much ...

..... dismissive of the Sheriff? And the District Clerk?

Both females. Both Caucasian. Both Republicans. 60% Hispanic county?

You are the one who is struggling with your overwhelming ignorance.

You don't know shit about SA or South Texas! And the way you sound off my guess is your just another transplanted carpetbagger whining about Texas.

Stick with Little Georgie ... you all make a fine couple.

Again, did he proclaim last year .... Trump won't get nominated?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women