Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > Coed Discussions
test
Coed Discussions Hobby-related discussions belong here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70718
biomed162720
Yssup Rider60437
gman4453234
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48470
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41772
CryptKicker37184
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36144
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 08-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #46
Johnny4455
Ambassador

Encounters: 74

Vk, so if the mod thinks its rude and insulting, per the guidlines, he shuts it down. Big whoop.

Get some control over the bullshit threads both you and I were guilty of. Me moe than you.

Anyway, weve beat this to the ground, and it is sipping time.

Vk, you are a stand up guy. You have never attacked me in anyway. I recall you sticking up for me once. I totally agree with tour point that you and I do seem to disagree about some things, but sometimes thats good. ... one thing we do agree on, I bet, is dd is a helluva a man, and he'd be the last guy I would pick to cross!!
Johnny4455 is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #47
CryptKicker
Quatsch!

Encounters: 14

So these are the first four rules in the forum guidelines:

#1 - Avoid cases of unprovoked rudeness to others. No place for it here. Yes, with the dynamic nature of the threads and topics, tempers will flare and things will become heated from time to time. You may often encounter individuals who become passionate or emotional when expressing one's opinion or point of view. That's all understood and perfectly acceptable within reason…….but, start slamming or bashing another member and be met with consequences.
#2 - Derogatory racial remarks are simply unacceptable, period. Disrespect another's ethnic background and you will most certainly regret it.
#3 - Disrespect to others, IN GENERAL, will be considered an item of low tolerance, especially when posting in our coed forums. Follow the Golden Rule and treat others as you wish to be treated yourself. This applies to fellow members as well as staff. We do not require that you have respect for us, but we do require that you treat us respectfully in the public forums. If you feel the need to vent, gripe, or blow off some steam regarding a staff member's action or decision, we ask that you keep it private. Email, RTM, or the PM system would be the appropriate avenue to take in such cases. In cases where you would like to request additional clarity about a staff decision, you are free to pursue an answer in either a public forum or private means of communication. If handled publicly, post your inquiry in a respectful manner.
#4 - Blatant insults or hostility toward another member will be met with staff intervention. This applies to using our coed forums for name calling, personal attacks, or vulgar slang terms to describe fellow members. If you have legitimate concerns about another member here, share them tactfully in the appropriate private forums or with staff.

These are St C's rules, not mine, not the other KC mods or the admins. So how to you reconcile leaving a thread open that has dissolved to nothing but bickering, insults, and the like when it clearly goes against St C's rules?

#6 - Respect the topics presented by those who start a thread. Attempts to derail a thread or change it's direction is referred to as thread hijack and will be discouraged. Attempts to guide a thread in the right direction are appreciated, while responses to posts which hijack a thread are not.

This one deals with threads that keep going off topic.

Now, you can come back and say to issue warnings and points. But why keep a thread open where every other post, if not every post could be warned and/or pointed?
CryptKicker is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #48
Johnny4455
Ambassador

Agree. Guidelines designed to encorage civil behaviir between adults on this board. This isnt first amendment crap. I fucked up and got caught up in it. Some people dont have as thick of skins as others. This back and forth doesnt bitger me but makes me want to fight. Others over react t ok rudeness, and nasty sarcasm. They go off, do something that gets themselves banned. Is this boatd better because mex got so pissed he git himsekf banned. Some if you say yes, but others, like me say no, because the guy had valuable info. Lw is another exampke. If his skin wasnt so thick, maybe hed be gone. That guy offers valuable info.

So I appreciat cks post with the guidelines. No need for us to be rude to each other. If somebody pisses you off, dont read tgeir posts, and definitely dont respond when you are pissed. You may think you are joking or being sarcastic but you may be going outside the guidelines. Insults and rudeness are fairly judged by the one posting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CryptKicker View Post
So these are the first four rules in the forum guidelines:

#1 - Avoid cases of unprovoked rudeness to others. No place for it here. Yes, with the dynamic nature of the threads and topics, tempers will flare and things will become heated from time to time. You may often encounter individuals who become passionate or emotional when expressing one's opinion or point of view. That's all understood and perfectly acceptable within reason…….but, start slamming or bashing another member and be met with consequences.
[I]#2 - Derogatory racial remarks are simply unacceptable, period. Disrespect another's ethnic background and you will most certainly regret it. [/JUst II]
#3 - Disrespect to others, IN GENERAL, will be considered an item of low tolerance, especially when posting in our coed forums. Follow the Golden Rule and treat others as you wish to be treated yourself. This applies to fellow members as well as staff. We do not require that you have respect for us, but we do require that you treat us respectfully in the public forums. If you feel the need to vent, gripe, or blow off some steam regarding a staff member's action or decision, we ask that you keep it private. Email, RTM, or the PM system would be the appropriate avenue to take in such cases. In cases where you would like to request additional clarity about a staff decision, you are free to pursue an answer in either a public forum or private means of communication. If handled publicly, post your inquiry in a respectful manner.
#4 - Blatant insults or hostility toward another member will be met with staff intervention. This applies to using our coed forums for name calling, personal attacks, or vulgar slang terms to describe fellow members. If you have legitimate concerns about another member here, share them tactfully in the appropriate private forums or with staff.

These are St C's rules, not mine, not the other KC mods or the admins. So how to you reconcile leaving a thread open that has dissolved to nothing but bickering, insults, and the like when it clearly goes against St C's rules?

#6 - Respect the topics presented by those who start a thread. Attempts to derail a thread or change it's direction is referred to as thread hijack and will be discouraged. Attempts to guide a thread in the right direction are appreciated, while responses to posts which hijack a thread are not.

This one deals with threads that keep going off topic.

Now, you can come back and say to issue warnings and points. But why keep a thread open where every other post, if not every post could be warned and/or pointed?
Old 08-02-2013, 06:30 PM   #49
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny4455 View Post
Agree. Guidelines designed to encorage civil behaviir between adults on this board. This isnt first amendment crap. I fucked up and got caught up in it. Some people dont have as thick of skins as others. This back and forth doesnt bitger me but makes me want to fight. Others over react t ok rudeness, and nasty sarcasm. They go off, do something that gets themselves banned. Is this boatd better because mex got so pissed he git himsekf banned. Some if you say yes, but others, like me say no, because the guy had valuable info. Lw is another exampke. If his skin wasnt so thick, maybe hed be gone. That guy offers valuable info.

So I appreciat cks post with the guidelines. No need for us to be rude to each other. If somebody pisses you off, dont read tgeir posts, and definitely dont respond when you are pissed. You may think you are joking or being sarcastic but you may be going outside the guidelines. Insults and rudeness are fairly judged by the one posting.
You think this heavy handedness is ecouraging posting, its not, in fact it is having just the oppisite effect the amount of board postings are down, and have you seen the topics of some of these threads, seriously censorship is never a good thing, but then again its doesnt matter much to me. Adios.
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #50
gary5912
Account Disabled

and so it go's on the hooker board
gary5912 is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #51
ElumEno
In it for the DATY!

Encounters: 21
Default RULES vs. GUIDELINES

The problem comes when some want to use the guidelines as hard, fast, black and white rules.

I remember St. C saying, there are very few rules on this board, accept for the few nuclear ones, there are only guidelines.

He wrote the guidelines to help guide the members to a better board experience, not rules to rule us all into submission.

If we all start to make them black and white rules then we would not be able to have a information exchange at all, to much falls into the gray areas.
That is why we all have to use something that is very scarce in following them and in moderating them... Common Sense.

At least that is what I have gathered from everything that he has said since I joined the board.

As for closing threads... I am personally against it, but we all have to remember that moderators are unpaid volunteers.
and it is easier to just close a thread then to go through the head ache of actually moderating them.
ElumEno is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #52
malwoody
LOST IN THE GT

Encounters: 2
Default You are exactly correct..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshunter View Post
No big deal here...if anyone calls the great Malwoody out on his bullshit, they become one of his stalker subjects. A year from now, he'll still be following me around and posting immediately after me, referring back to this. That's what you do if you don't have a life.
Well about the "great Malwoody" part anyway.

Please let whomever know that you and anyone else has my permission to call me any name or whatever. By all means if it makes you happy go for it. As far as a "year from now"...don't flatter yourself..LOL

In regards to my question about your orgasmatron or whatever it was..I stand by my original queary. What value did your somewhat humorous vignette bring to this board? Or were you just using the board for your hobby?? like you have said some of us do? It's a simple question and I still can't figure out where I insulted you..

Got one more question...If you believe that I hang out on this SHMB because I "don't have a life"...I wonder how you would explain your presence here??

It's all so confusing...but hey...have a nice evening..
malwoody is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #53
CryptKicker
Quatsch!

I actually agree about the "guidelines" part. But when you start blatantly breaking those first four "guidelines" then the thread is going to get moderated and if that is all that is going on then the thread is going to get closed.

I've said it before and I still believe it, the hobby and the discussion thereof is supposed to be fun. There is very little reason why you can't post and have fun and ignore any folks you don't like. Disagree with an honest reason to do so, not just because you want to push the OPs buttons.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #54
malwoody
LOST IN THE GT

Encounters: 2
Default Well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryptKicker View Post
I actually agree about the "guidelines" part. But when you start blatantly breaking those first four "guidelines" then the thread is going to get moderated and if that is all that is going on then the thread is going to get closed.

I've said it before and I still believe it, the hobby and the discussion thereof is supposed to be fun. There is very little reason why you can't post and have fun and ignore any folks you don't like. Disagree with an honest reason to do so, not just because you want to push the OPs buttons.
Oooooookaaaaay......
malwoody is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #55
ElumEno
In it for the DATY!

Well here is my take on moderating threads... (this is threads and not reviews)

Unless this little button here >>> <<< is pressed then there should be no reason for a moderator to moderate.

When a moderator just comes in and starts editing post and closing threads then they are no longer moderating,
they are dictating how the thread should go by imposing their own personal views into it.

I good moderator will always stay neutral and unbiased with out injecting their personal views... as hard as that may be.

Unfortunately there will always be someone that will get their panties all in a bunch because someone called so and so short, fat and bald.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:46 PM   #56
CryptKicker
Quatsch!

And you honestly think that most of this stuff doesn't get RTM'd? I wouldn't go to Vegas with those odds.

Peeps in KC are tired of the negativity and the bickering and the insults. You can have great discussions without that side of it.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:51 PM   #57
Johnny4455
Ambassador

Wouldnt a moderators job to be to monitor how the posters are staying within the guidelines. I mean really folks, ck posted guidelines that weve known about for years. My belief is that self moderation is great, but when we dont self moderate toward the guidelines then the mod moderates. Big fucking deal if a post gets closed because we are bickering, off topic. Seems like some of us get pissed when a mod says you're bickering, you're off topic, and you're going outside guidelines. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElumEno View Post
Well here is my take on moderating threads... (this is threads and not reviews)

Unless this little button here >>> <<< is pressed then there should be no reason for a moderator to moderate.

When a moderator just comes in and starts editing post and closing threads then they are no longer moderating,
they are dictating how the thread should go by imposing their own personal views into it.

I good moderator will always stay neutral and unbiased with out injecting their personal views... as hard as that may be.

Unfortunately there will always be someone that will get their panties all in a bunch because someone called so and so short, fat and bald.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:02 PM   #58
ElumEno
In it for the DATY!

Boy you talk about irony... where was that kind of mentality just over a year ago when things were actually very negative around here.

As we well know that the ones that were the true instigators have now gone quiet and now anyone that is speaking out at all is getting warned and pointed.

Which is the typical Jr. High bullshit... and this is not Jr. High.

Okay I am out for now.... good night.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #59
Johnny4455
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElumEno View Post
Boy you talk about irony... where was that kind of mentality just over a year ago when things were actually very negative around here.

As we well know that the ones that were the true instigators have now gone quiet and now anyone that is speaking out at all is getting warned and pointed.

Which is the typical Jr. High bullshit... and this is not Jr. High.

Okay I am out for now.... good night.
Irony?

It's not that complicated, really.

I got warned, by ck, about something i posted about Noah... Who had previously made some stupid your mom joke about my mother who recently died. I deserved to, but did not get warned about my behavior with other posters in recent weeks. So when I got warned about what I said about Noah, i accepted it and just moved on trying not to sarcastically insult people i was pretty sure deserved it. The folks posting on this thread, including me have many more things to discuss.... Trading information, having fun, talking about the hobby..... Bickering at each other is all the mod is trying to curtail. No first amendment rights being violated, no censorship, and no irony. It really is not a big deal if a thread gets closed.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:38 AM   #60
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny4455 View Post
Irony?

It's not that complicated, really.

I got warned, by ck, about something i posted about Noah... Who had previously made some stupid your mom joke about my mother who recently died. I deserved to, but did not get warned about my behavior with other posters in recent weeks. So when I got warned about what I said about Noah, i accepted it and just moved on trying not to sarcastically insult people i was pretty sure deserved it. The folks posting on this thread, including me have many more things to discuss.... Trading information, having fun, talking about the hobby..... Bickering at each other is all the mod is trying to curtail. No first amendment rights being violated, no censorship, and no irony. It really is not a big deal if a thread gets closed.

Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

Someone's singing Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbayah

Someone's laughing, Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya