Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
test
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70768
biomed163071
Yssup Rider60729
gman4453282
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48612
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42413
CryptKicker37205
The_Waco_Kid36835
Mokoa36493
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 03-23-2022, 10:56 AM   #46
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98

‘I Left There With No Trophy’: NCAA Female Swimmer Who Tied For Fifth With Trans Athlete Says Officials Put Lia Thomas Ahead Of Her

Riley Gaines, a senior at the University of Kentucky, competed in the women’s 200 freestyle on Friday at the NCAA Division I Women’s Championships.

As she touched the wall at the end of the race, Gaines looked up and realized the board said that she had placed fifth — putting her in the top five collegiate female swimmers in the nation.

Then she realized she’d tied with transgender athlete Lia Thomas, a biological man who identifies as a woman.

In a phone interview Tuesday evening, Gaines told The Daily Wire that at that moment she was overcome by a flood of emotions. Happy for her competitors but bewildered, she went back behind the podium where NCAA officials were distributing the awards.

Then a man in an NCAA shirt handing out trophies told her, “Hey, I just want to let you know, we only have one fifth place trophy, so yours will be coming in the mail. We went ahead and gave the fifth place trophy to Lia, but you can pose on the podium with the sixth place trophy.”

That took her aback. She had placed fifth, but they were asking her to give Thomas the moment?

As Thomas and other swimmers looked on, Gaines briefly argued with the official. Then she took her place on the podium, holding the sixth place trophy next to the transgender athlete whom she had tied with.

Now she is willing to speak out.
“I just want you to know that we respect you and admire your swim so much, but we just want Lia to hold the fifth place trophy,” he responded, according to Gaines, who laughed incredulously to The Daily Wire as she repeated his words.
The University of Kentucky swimmer said that she wasn’t the only one who was upset — her athletic director was pretty upset that she had to leave the pool without her trophy.

“The more I thought about it, the more it fired me up,” she said. “It’s almost like the NCAA is trying to save face by giving Lia the fifth place trophy.”

“Who are we trying to protect here,” she questioned, “and who are we trying to fight for here?”

“It’s almost like they’re trying to back [transgender athletes] more than…90 to 95 % of the rest of the swimmers who are kind of bummed by and affected by the rules that were in place for Lia to swim,” she said.
Thomas not only competed in women’s races — Gaines said that the transgender swimmer also used the female athletes’ locker room, publicly changing in the corner.

Pressed how she felt about this, Gaines said it was “definitely not something” that she personally was “enthused about.”

“The first day I got there, I was in the locker room changing, and then she came in, and it just kind of got silent,” Gaines explained.
Next time, before the NCAA bends their standards to appease one person, Gaines hopes the association will “take into consideration all the girls who worked so hard to become an all-American, score points for their team, have another chance of going their best time in finals.”

“We need to create fair boundaries that protect the integrity of women in sports,” the swimmer said firmly.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/i-lef...s-ahead-of-her
berryberry is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 10:57 AM   #47
Loretta77
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

I know this is extreme but it is very true and this is why there needs to be regulations on irreversible medical treatments on children based off an ideology that has zero legitimate science behind it. Also the treatments are horrendously dangerous and lack long term research. The fact that a republican is going against suppressing this behavior is extremely fishy to me. I’d understand a Democrat because they’re bullied by the woke mob and need to behave or get terminated.
Loretta77 is online now   Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 04:20 PM   #48
Salty Again
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loretta77 View Post
I totally disagree. I feel like his decision was solely based on appeasing some of his campaign contributors, which were “pharmaceuticals and health products” . This is just my opinion based mainly off hunch so take it as you will. However if you do research on it, it could add up. I strongly believe that pharmaceuticals are massively persuasive in pushing the transgender agenda because it’s extremely profitable for them and his 2020 campaign was funded by pharmaceuticals and health products adding up to almost 200k. That’s all the info I could find on that though.
... Exactly Right!

### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 04:56 PM   #49
berryberry
Valued Poster

How long until the idiotic woke libtards force the Museum of Science in Boston to take this exhibit pointing out the differences down?

Old 03-25-2022, 04:03 PM   #50
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDGristle View Post
This is a very divisive issue, but I think the governor of Utah did the right analysis when confronted with whether to sign or veto the transgender sports ban that came to his desk.

1. He looked at what was proposed and noted that the language called for a complete ban. He also looked at the fact that the final legislation that hit his desk was not in line with the debate that had occurred and that a complete ban really didn't arise during the legislative session until the 11th hour and recieved little, if any, public input or floor debate.

2. He looked at the potential impact to the state athletic associations and school districts, and whether they were suitably protected financially.

3. He sized the scope of the issue in current terms so as to not just react in a knee-jerk fashion or to act as a rubber stamp. And in his case, there were 4 total transgender adolescent athletes in his state, only 1 of which was playing in a girl's sport.

4. He focused on humanity, with appropriate compassion.

And, while expecting his veto decision to be overridden, he called for people to focus on the humanity of those 4 rather than demonize them.

5. He was looking for and expecting a commission that would have reviewed the athletes on a case-by-case basis rather than a blanket ban or approval.
OOOPS

The Utah legislature overwhelmingly voted to overrule Utah Gov. Spencer Cox’s veto that would have eliminated protections for girls’ sports.

The monumental vote came on Friday when the Republican-controlled House voted 56-18 to override Cox’s deciding power and the Senate agreed 21-8. Eight GOP state legislators who previously did not support the bill voted to nullify Cox’s dissent.

The final legislation, which passed both the House and the Senate earlier this month, barred “student[s] of the male sex” from encroaching on female sports and defined that sex “determined by an individual’s genetics and anatomy at birth.”

https://thefederalist.com/2022/03/25...-girls-sports/
Old 03-25-2022, 04:11 PM   #51
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Encounters: 9

What's the oops? They overrode the veto, as he expected they would.

He still did his job
HDGristle is offline   Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 05:01 PM   #52
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:

He still did his job
His job was to carry out the will of the people. He failed to do so. In overriding his veto by a massive margin, they publicly repudiated him.
Old 03-25-2022, 05:25 PM   #53
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

His job was to do the right thing for his state. He did that by not being a rubber stamp for intolerance with a blanket ban.

There was no public debate for those changes and he called the state legislators out for it.

Don't expect you to understand, though, chief
Old 03-25-2022, 06:39 PM   #54
Salty Again
Valued Poster

Quote:

He still did his job
... And so did they... OVER-RIDE!

### Salty
Old 03-25-2022, 10:39 PM   #55
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... One o' the interesting things I seen so-far here
is that almost NONE of the actual female athletes have
spoken out AGAINST the dominant swimmer Lia Thomas.

Just one - Martina Navratilova from tennis. ... She agrees
that this type of dominance can truly HURT girls sports
because the "girl" with male anatomy has such a size
and strength advantage... This harms the females who
can't compete against such a great advantage.

Surely seem that this buffoonery will onley get worse unless
some-sort of intelligent decision-making take centre stage soon.

#### Salty
Old 03-25-2022, 10:42 PM   #56
Loretta77
Valued Poster

It’s easy for a white cis gender male to talk about intolerance. Listen HD Ill shoot you straight, just like the libs would do. You’re not gay, you’re not a woman, you’re probably not a minority. So You 100% are privileged. Dont speak for women. There were women who missed out on records because a man allegedly thinks he is a woman, although he never experienced a period, never experienced the trials and tribulations that a woman does everyday, he is much bigger physically and probably had copious amounts of testosterone. This should be enough evidence for a republican man from Utah to protect women’s sports. However in my opinion he has social and financial pressures to do the opposite. It’s baffling to me that you’re pretending to think he genuinely cares about “transgender females”. Anyone who allegedly cares about someone claiming to be transgender wouldn’t worry about their role in opposite gender sports and would get them mental help and therapy.
Old 03-25-2022, 10:58 PM   #57
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
His job was to do the right thing for his state. He did that by not being a rubber stamp for intolerance with a blanket ban.

There was no public debate for those changes and he called the state legislators out for it.

No - his job was to serve the people who elected him by serving the will of the people and doing what the public wants. Which was to protect woman's sports by not letting men who pretend they are women compete. That is the right thing for the state.

What the governor did was only the right thing for him and his campaign contributors. And he got publicly rebuked for it as the legislature overrode his veto by an overwhelming majority because they understand what the residents of the state want.

And the legislature and the bill's sponsors worked for over a year on the issue which is more than enough time. They recognized the value of girls athletics and the need to ensure girls have the level playing field to compete that was created by Title IX.

Old 03-26-2022, 05:04 AM   #58
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loretta77 View Post
It’s easy for a white cis gender male to talk about intolerance. Listen HD Ill shoot you straight, just like the libs would do. You’re not gay, you’re not a woman, you’re probably not a minority. So You 100% are privileged. Dont speak for women. There were women who missed out on records because a man allegedly thinks he is a woman, although he never experienced a period, never experienced the trials and tribulations that a woman does everyday, he is much bigger physically and probably had copious amounts of testosterone. This should be enough evidence for a republican man from Utah to protect women’s sports. However in my opinion he has social and financial pressures to do the opposite. It’s baffling to me that you’re pretending to think he genuinely cares about “transgender females”. Anyone who allegedly cares about someone claiming to be transgender wouldn’t worry about their role in opposite gender sports and would get them mental help and therapy.
There are currently 4 transgender athletes in that state and only one is playing sports as a female and none are dominating in their respective sports.

Show me the stolen records in Utah. Show me the stolen championships in Utah. Lay out the case for dominance of trans-women in Utah. You're not going to have that data, because it's not there.

For every Fallon Fox or Lia Thomas there are plenty of examples of non-dominance that are ignored because they don't create the fear imbalance that allows rationalization to thrive. But the conversation happens at the extremes instead of in the middle rather than right-sizing the debate and doing the hard work
Old 03-26-2022, 08:59 AM   #59
Loretta77
Valued Poster

So are you saying that you think it is important for someone transitioning genders to compete against the gender they identify with? I’ve done extensive research on this topic because unfortunately I’ve seen the damage, contradictions, dangers and lies behind this ideology. I can tell you almost for certain that sports are typically the least important aspect while going through transitioning. I feel awful for “Lia” Thomas because I can guarantee that this experience will be awful for his future mental health. I’m sure any therapist who isn’t corrupt would agree to put swimming on the back burner and work on mental health at this stage of his life. It’s actually the people who applaud this who are toxic in my opinion because I’m willing to bet that you don’t know a darn thing about gender dysphoria, rapid onset gender dysphoria or gender incongruence, yet you’re applauding a legislation benefiting the continuance of this dangerous trend. I don’t know if you’re just doing it to be devils advocate or you’re trying to convince people that you are woke but either way I suggest you read up before you support something you know little about.
Old 03-26-2022, 09:18 AM   #60
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

What specific legislation is being applauded?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women