Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70762
biomed163024
Yssup Rider60666
gman4453276
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48592
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42325
CryptKicker37204
The_Waco_Kid36767
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 05-12-2022, 01:52 PM   #46
royamcr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

It'll bounce. HODL. Ignore the FUD.
royamcr is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 09:52 PM   #47
dilbert firestorm
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

FUD!
FUD!
FUD!
FUD!
FUD!
FUD!
FUD!
FUD!
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 09:56 PM   #48
The_Waco_Kid
AKA Admiral Waco Kid

Encounters: 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf1r271Okh8
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 10:15 PM   #49
royamcr
Valued Poster

She lost me when she said bitcoin is nit crypto.. what?
Old 05-13-2022, 12:17 AM   #50
royamcr
Valued Poster

Nice little bounce up over 30k again today.

https://www.coinwarz.com/mining/bitcoin/calculator

Here is a cool little calculator to play with. Most of the data is prefilled but you can go advanced to alter the BTC price. Pool fees for miners average around 2% and power at .12/kwh is common.

Interesting article predicting prices up to 2030.

https://medium.com/coinmonks/bitcoin...20%24689%2C000.

Lets not forget about ETH. 20 trillion market cap by 2030? wow.

In the long-term horizon, Ethereum's use case could continue to expand exponentially. "The second-largest cryptocurrency, according to Ark Invest, will meet or surpass a $20 trillion market capitalization by 2030," a Markets Insider report says. "Each coin would be priced at around $170,000-$180,000.
Old 05-13-2022, 04:32 AM   #51
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

In order to own a share of BTC, do you actually have to have money, actual money, somewhere?

If so, can that actual money decrease, or increase as the “value” of a bitcoin share goes up and down with Market trends.

Is there any possibility it could become worthless.?
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 07:00 AM   #52
texassapper
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
In order to own a share of BTC, do you actually have to have money, actual money, somewhere?

If so, can that actual money decrease, or increase as the “value” of a bitcoin share goes up and down with Market trends.

Is there any possibility it could become worthless.?
Yes... you have to purchase the bitcoin. But it's like a stock you can buy fractional coin... I have a weekly buy of a couple hundred dollars... I buy a smaller fraction when it's up and a larger fraction when it's down.

And just like stock, yes it's worth in comparison to USD can change meaning it's valued higher lower but only in comparison to USD.

Yes... it could become worthless, but I think the likelihood of that is small unless there is a global Carrington event in which case, ammunition and clean water will be the only thing that matters. 10,000 rounds of 556 and .45 will see me well stocked.
texassapper is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 07:10 AM   #53
Ripmany
BANNED

Encounters: 16

I will be glad when it worthless, it all lies, there call you money feit and implay bit coin not, there use word mining it not it account, there no access to Bitcoin software for the general public.
Ripmany is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 07:45 AM   #54
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
what? no gloating about yer oil stocks? how much has the rest of your holdings lost?
I've been up across the board!

I don't like to gloat with all you ladies crying about poor Joe Biden like he is your stock broker!

I was about to jump in on Coinbase and still might but I wish I'd picked it up in the 40's.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 08:02 AM   #55
royamcr
Valued Poster

Check out gbtc and riot. They trend with the btc price.
Old 05-13-2022, 06:24 PM   #56
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post

I was about to jump in on Coinbase and still might but I wish I'd picked it up in the 40's.
That think got absolutey slaughtered the past 6 months. But nobody who held it that long has lost until they sell it. Right guys?
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 06:31 PM   #57
Mplay
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Why would anyone think government entities won’t control this. Controlling monetary policy is governments way to assist or control people.
Mplay is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 07:14 PM   #58
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by texassapper View Post
Yes... you have to purchase the bitcoin. But it's like a stock you can buy fractional coin... I have a weekly buy of a couple hundred dollars... I buy a smaller fraction when it's up and a larger fraction when it's down.

And just like stock, yes it's worth in comparison to USD can change meaning it's valued higher lower but only in comparison to USD.

Yes... it could become worthless, but I think the likelihood of that is small unless there is a global Carrington event in which case, ammunition and clean water will be the only thing that matters. 10,000 rounds of 556 and .45 will see me well stocked.
Plus a good 12 gauge pump.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 09:39 AM   #59
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Statement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by royamcr View Post
You aren't down until you sell. If you believe in the stock of course average down and buy.
Reply:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
Biggest myth Wall Street ever concocted. Hedge Fund Managers repeat it, to keep you invested in a crap Market, and you get shorn like a Sheep.

Congrats Bitcoin holders. Y'all are down 20% this week!

Oh sorry, you aren't down until you sell. My bad.

You had $100 Monday, now you have $80. That's ok, you will make 25% next week and be even
Yes, royamcr. Good point. You haven't incurred a loss until you sell!

Too bad the billionaire Hunt Brothers of Dallas forgot that important concept in the immediate aftermath of "Silver Thursday" in 1980.

Unfortunately for them, the silver market suddenly started tanking and they couldn't meet Bache's $100+ million margin call.

They fucked up by failing to get their attorneys on the phone immediately to read the riot act to Bache and a couple of other Wall Street houses.

"Hey! You're not allowed to issue a margin call to our clients. Their valuations are not "down," since they have not decided to sell quite yet!"

As for the bitcoin "cryptocurrency," here's my contrarian take:

It's often said to be a "Ponzi scheme," a cryptocurrency, an "investment," an inflation hedge, or a store of value.

First, it isn't a Ponzi scheme because that's simply not how it's structured. (If you doubt that, look up the definition of Ponzi scheme.)

Second, it isn't a cryptocurrency for the simple reason that it isn't a currency. In order to function as a currency, something must be generally acceptable as a medium of exchange.

Third, it isn't an investment because it has no intrinsic value, no assets, and no earnings. It's nothing more than a speculative gaming chip.

Fourth, it's highly uncertain (to say the least!) that it's likely to serve well as either an inflation hedge or a store of value.

Yes, it's possible that bitcoin will eventually go to $100K or even to $500K/coin sometime in the future.

But there are a lot of ways this could go off the rails. The US government and other governments around the world might sharply restrict or regulate BTC in some way. Some other "cryptocurrency" might become the hot flavor of the month and take its measure. Big traders and whales might repeatedly pump it, ride it, and dump it through many cycles, keeping it within a narrow trading range or even driving it net down over time.

For those who decide to "HODL" over an extended multiyear period, good luck!

Texas Contrarian is offline   Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 05:54 PM   #60
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post

Yes, royamcr. Good point. You haven't incurred a loss until you sell!

Too bad the billionaire Hunt Brothers of Dallas forgot that important concept in the immediate aftermath of "Silver Thursday" in 1980.

Unfortunately for them, the silver market suddenly started tanking and they couldn't meet Bache's $100+ million margin call.

They fucked up by failing to get their attorneys on the phone immediately to read the riot act to Bache and a couple of other Wall Street houses.

"Hey! You're not allowed to issue a margin call to our clients. Their valuations are not "down," since they have not decided to sell quite yet!"
I assume you're employing a form of sarcasm to your ''good point royamcr...'' Remark. Because your example contradicts your statement.

I'll repeat without sarcasm. To say you haven't lost until you sell has to be the dumbest catch-phrase Wall Street people ever devised.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women