Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70710
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60378
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41550
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35924
Mojojo33117

Old 07-11-2012, 03:57 PM   #46
CJ7
Valued Poster

CIOF ...sure the entire system is changing, thats the purpose of the new law. The old timers wont be missed IMO ... way too many young and hungry Dr's to take their place

insurance it takes to start or keep a practice going wont change unless the 200k cap bush put on suing dr's changes too ... overhead? how does the law effect the price of leasing buildings and electricity etc

heres the deal ... this is just a begining, evolution will iron out all the wrinkles, and in time (prolly not ours) our kids and grandchildren can benefit form the changes.

had we got on board with nixon this would be a done deal and a non issue .. IMO

why is everyone pretending the entire healthcare law will be funded by Medicare/Medicade?
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #47
nwarounder
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

I doubt that many will quit, you will simply have the great doctors and surgeons caring for the wealthy and well insured, and the Obama bronze planners getting the scrubs and newbs. Not a lot different than the way it is now.
nwarounder is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:05 PM   #48
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
That salary ain't so big after malpractice insurance (thank you TTH), office overhead, Medicare compliance, insurance verification, taxes, continuing education and more. I see a lot of doctors in my new profession, and none of them are as affluent as the public thinks they are. I've been told numerous times that while in the past nearly 80% of their time was spent practicing medicine, it is now less than 40%. The rest of the time is spent in documentation and compliance with ever-increasing government regulation.

Over time, if Obamacare is not repealed, the health care will be provided more and more by bureaucrats, and less and less by professionals.

Even you, TTH, should be able to understand that if you limit what doctors can make, and increase their costs at the same time, fewer people will want to be doctors, and the ones who do will generally be lower quality. If a doctor is smart enough to make $250k -$450k practicing medicine, they are smart enough to do something else that pays a similar rate, with much less headache.

The best way to get them back to practicing medicine is to eliminate the insurance companies from the health care financing business.

And if enough leave, you'll have to raise reimbursement rates. Just like anything else. But I won't believe it until I see it.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #49
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I think the most important reform would be to limit malpractice awards, and require that all malpractice cases be presented to an independent review board of practicing physicians before it is allowed to move forward.

Secondly, I'd allow insurance companies to compete across state lines, and allow a la carte choices for coverage. There is no reason a 60 year old woman should have to pay for maternity benefits.

Thirdly, I would repeal any regulation that limits who faith-based or other charitable entities may treat, or limit or mandate the services to be performed.

Fourthly, I would encourage state and local medical associations to fund and staff free and low income clinics in their communities. And until the income tax in repealed, as it should be, participating doctors should receive a tax break for serving in that capacity.

I would also encourage wealthy people to establish foundations to assist in funding and providing health care to the poor. This way, Bill Gates could actually do something constructive with his money, instead of meddling where he doesn't belong, like now.

There are many, many, many things we can do which will both increase access to health care, and improve its quality, that doesn't require government control.

Oops. There's the reason. Government control. That's why we have Obamacare. I get it now.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:37 PM   #50
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

+1 you got it
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:44 PM   #51
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Ekim? You feeling ok?
Old 07-13-2012, 07:51 PM   #52
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

You've all but eliminated malpractice cases in Texas. Filings down by a huge amount. Yet our medical costs are rising faster than the rest of the nation. Malpractice driving medical costs is just insurance company fiction Tito take away your Constitutional Rights. I guess you Tea Nut types don't care much for the Seventh Amrndment, eh?

http://www.statesman.com/news/local/...h-2402096.html

And meanwhile, nothing is being done to address the pride mic of medical malpractice that kills early 100,000 people a year. Here's the latest case that shows that being in one of the leading teaching hospitals in the country doesn't help avoid the epidemic.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/12/ny...-unheeded.html
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:01 PM   #53
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
12 years of college (with pre-med concentrations), 4 years of med school, 1year of internship, 4 year residency, 1year fellowship, making $250k -$450k still...
OK, TWELVE years of college? Counselor?

Another story from my co-worker. He's at a party with his wife who has been a doctor for about 2 years now. The party being thrown by a doctor for other doctors. A doctor tells him he wants his wife to be part of his practice. Within 2 years she will make about 750K. Then he tells him to go to the local Mercedes dealership on Monday pick out any Benz he wants (save the 500K one). The dealer will be expecting him. No, the doctor was not drunk, just trying to close the deal.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #54
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Sure, if you're in a boutique clinic, like plastic surgery or some other specialty, you can make that kind of money, just like some lawyers who only pander to the rich and injured can make that kind of money. But if you're a solo practice internist, you're not making that much, and the paperwork is ridiculous. My internist drives a 14 year old Volvo. I know other docs in that same position.

The specialty, niche docs will do fine. The ones that treat real people for real ailments will get the shaft. They're the ones who will be quitting.

But you people are all convinced that health care will improve, everyone will get what they want and need, and all the docs will be happy to submit filings to the IRS, well, bullshit.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:08 PM   #55
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Nah, I'm not going to tell you what the practice does however you see it on billboards all over Houston...

About 12-15 years ago I had LASIK surgery (best money I ever spent). My optometrist recommended a good friend of his and how much it cost and why he is so good. In describing the guy's work procedure I said: "This guy is making 8-10 MILLION dollars a year working two days a week." The optometrist without missing a beat said "He's making Roger Clemens money." This guy had the hottest staff EVA.

But yeah, the GP practicing in Podunk TX gets screwed and will have twice as many patients now if he opts in.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:10 PM   #56
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Good for him. I'll bet not many Lasik surgeons take medicaid.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:45 AM   #57
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
That salary ain't so big after malpractice insurance
Quote:
Which varies by specialization as it should. Race car drivers pay more for life insurance than most people (thank you TTH), office overhead, Medicare compliance, insurance verification, taxes, continuing education and more. I see a lot of doctors in my new profession, and none of them are as affluent as the public thinks they are. All these listed costs are business expenses. For doctors that have their own practice. Those expenses have all been paid if a doctor made $250,000. Because all those costs can vary widely, doctor's salaries aren't expressed as gross income. I've been told numerous times that while in the past nearly 80% of their time was spent practicing medicine, it is now less than 40%. The rest of the time is spent in documentation and compliance with ever-increasing government regulation.
In other words, this current situation is the result of the policies in place prior to Obama care. Do you understand that? Since about the only things to kick in right now are things such as no pre-existing condition denial, etc
Over time, if Obamacare is not repealed, the health care will be provided more and more by bureaucrats, and less and less by professionals.
The following is from the DPMA's website. Underlining by them, highlighting by me.

"What caused all this attention? A headline that said "83% of doctors consider quitting because of Obamacare."To set the record straight, it's important to point out - our survey results indicated 83% of doctors are considering quitting because of the current direction of medicine - not specifically the Health Care Reform law of 2010. Did the law have an impact in their feelings? Certainly. However, this is a trend that has been widely documented in surveys over the years. The health care system was broken long before Nancy Pelosi and the 2010 Congress passed the bill. Both Republicans AND Democrats over the years need to claim responsibility for the situation we sit in today.
What's the #1 question patients are asking us? Do you REALLY think 83% of doctors will quit? Our response - not likely."

Again, this comes from previous policies, not one that has barely started.
And like TTH says, what kind of work will these people do instead?

Funny how an attempt at reining in the insurance companies for the huge increases of the past and an attempt to provide coverage for more people ends up blaming the current mess on the current administration and a law that has barely started to kick in. They must have the same PR firm that convinced you we should keep corporate taxes low while those same corporations send our jobs overseas, never to return. The same PR firm that makes it sound like paying $10 a day to Chinese worker isn't the reason jobs are going there, it the high taxes here. The same PR firm that convinced you corporations are people and that you should ignore the fact that some pay as much to political campaigns and lobbyists as they do in taxes.
The same fucking PR firm that claims we'll get death panels.
If you don't think health care is rationed now.............you must have health insurance.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:46 AM   #58
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Good for him. I'll bet not many Lasik surgeons take medicaid.
It's elective surgery.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:04 PM   #59
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
I think the most important reform would be to limit malpractice awards, and require that all malpractice cases be presented to an independent review board of practicing physicians before it is allowed to move forward.

Secondly, I'd allow insurance companies to compete across state lines, and allow a la carte choices for coverage. There is no reason a 60 year old woman should have to pay for maternity benefits.

Thirdly, I would repeal any regulation that limits who faith-based or other charitable entities may treat, or limit or mandate the services to be performed.

Fourthly, I would encourage state and local medical associations to fund and staff free and low income clinics in their communities. And until the income tax in repealed, as it should be, participating doctors should receive a tax break for serving in that capacity.

I would also encourage wealthy people to establish foundations to assist in funding and providing health care to the poor. This way, Bill Gates could actually do something constructive with his money, instead of meddling where he doesn't belong, like now.

There are many, many, many things we can do which will both increase access to health care, and improve its quality, that doesn't require government control.

Oops. There's the reason. Government control. That's why we have Obamacare. I get it now.

Ill ask again ..

why is everyone pretending the entire healthcare law will be funded by Medicare/Medicade?
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:07 PM   #60
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
Ill ask again ..

For the same reason they pretend it provides free health care for everyone.
Doove is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women