Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70752
biomed162898
Yssup Rider60560
gman4453256
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48528
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42082
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36436
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 10-13-2014, 07:07 AM   #31
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

So your logic is because 100% control isn't possible, we should have the minimal control?

And your approach is because "things go UTR", we shouldn't try to contain those things as much as possible?

If Duncan had entered the states illegally? He did enter illegally. He lied on the visa card.

You think being here illegally means people won't go to the hospital ?

What fucking reality do you reside in?

And I suspect the woman he was visiting was likely here illegally.......so had we not let her into the country, Duncan would have never came to the US.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 07:12 AM   #32
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by thathottnurse View Post

Second of all, the fit isn't gonna hit the shan. After all the possible infections over the last two weeks and the only case to have been reported (and self-reported within 90minutes of onset even) is a medically trained caregiver who was aware of what she was looking for. I'd say that is pretty good.

This has nearly played itself out and it was handled well all in all. No plan is full-proof until put into practice and even then fuck ups happen. Two cases in three weeks??? I call that a win.
And you knew this how? And you knew the consequences of the fuck ups weren't going to be as severe (so far) how?

My point being that everyone was using the "abundance of caution" phrase and yet someone else (at least one) contracted the disease. Though I would characterize this as a "win" also it's basically a sample size of "one." Let's hope any similar outbreaks end with similar if not better results.

Quote:
As far as stopping them from traveling, good luck with that. We can't even stop people from traveling here uninvited. At least we have a chance to check them for signs of illness the way it is. The guy did lie on his questionnaire in Liberia. Had he told the truth he would not have been allowed to fly.

You guys that get shit so twisted up and lose track of the real situation need to get some help from trained professionals. Seriously.
I believe everyone here understands you can't close the border down 100%. That doesn't mean you can't try. France and Britain have flight bans.

Which "trained professionals" do you wish we to get help from? Liberian emigration officials? Registered health professionals at Presbyterian Dallas?
Verified Providers?

Quote:
As for travel, you are missing the point I'm making on trying to block west Africans from flying out of Africa. First of all, in more advanced countries, like Spain and the US, we have shown and will continue to show that Ebola can be successfully contained.

In a few months, this will no longer be an Ebola problem, this will be an West African problem and why a few countries there can't seem to control it.

My point on travel is that you cannot 100% control everyone who enters a country. When you drive things UTR there is more chance for everyone's safety and wellbeing bc nothing is being monitored the way it should and people who fear law enforcement will hide with their sickness rather than report it. If Duncan had managed to enter the states illegally, I doubt he would have so easily gone to the hospital when he first started feeling ill. His family would have tried to hide him and we would actually be looking at the possibility of a real outbreak in Dallas. Immigrants come in from Mexico every day and have been for decades (despite whoever was president). People travel here all the time without permission. Hell they could even start coming in from Canada if they wanted too. Best to keep it monitored and legal if only for the benefit of public health.
The only reason it can be contain right now is because a relatively small population of the affected world has very little access to travel outside the affected area. Imagine if this disease landed in Mexico City. It's important to stop it before it becomes widespread.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 07:17 AM   #33
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Panic

That exact question was posed to a national health-care expert on one of the Sunday talk shows and it has nothing to with "hurting people's feelings".

His answer surprised me at first, but he said that "would be the absolute worst idea".

. . . His concern was that such a move would cause wide-spread panic and the ensuing chaos would spread the virus even more rapidly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
Which begs the question of why we haven't STOPPED all travel to and from the affected countries for a year or so - of however long it takes to get the disease under control.

Are we just afraid to hurt people's feelings by telling them they can't come to the US for a while?
Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 07:20 AM   #34
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
And I suspect the woman he was visiting was likely here illegally.......so had we not let her into the country, Duncan would have never came to the US.
From what I've heard: Duncan was here on a work visa. One of the kids at the apt. was his and the woman is the child's mother. Haven't heard if she's here legally. Neither have I heard if Duncan's brother or his mother are here legally.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:26 AM   #35
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn View Post
That exact question was posed to a national health-care expert on one of the Sunday talk shows and it has nothing to with "hurting people's feelings".

His answer surprised me at first, but he said that "would be the absolute worst idea".

. . . His concern was that such a move would cause wide-spread panic and the ensuing chaos would spread the virus even more rapidly.
How?
Old 10-13-2014, 07:37 AM   #36
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Undercover

How?

Well, just think about a scene where chaos runs rampant and people are too frightened to think straight.

. . . If people cannot get out legally, they will go undercover and soon the virus finds many hidden highways and alley ways to travel and it becomes impossible to isolate and treat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
How?
Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 07:51 AM   #37
Guest092216
Account Disabled

User ID: 144244
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
So your logic is because 100% control isn't possible, we should have the minimal control?

And your approach is because "things go UTR", we shouldn't try to contain those things as much as possible?

If Duncan had entered the states illegally? He did enter illegally. He lied on the visa card.

You think being here illegally means people won't go to the hospital ?

I didn't say minimal, I said don't impose a travel ban bc then we are less likely to have illness reported in the first place.

He didn't lie on his visa card, he already had it when he got to the airport that day. He lied on his pre-boarding questionnaire. He came here thru the proper legal channels. Had he come thru the Mexican or Canadian boarder I suspect his family would have tried to conceal him and his illness until the last minute. Why do you think ebola is such a problem in West Africa? No one goes to the hospital until they absolutely have to bc they don't want to risk quarantine and stigma. Different immigrant cultures have different behaviors. That's the reality I reside in.

Have you been to Mexico City? They are quite capable of handling a health threat. When swine flu came to Mexico city a few years back they shut down everything immediately until the threat was gone. Citizens wore surgical masks, heat sensive cameras were carried by the military and airport personnel to check everyone for temps, banks only stayed open for a few hours a day but all other schools or public gathering places were ordered to close for ten days. They ended up with 50,000 cases and 400 deaths. Mexico was organized as fuck for the swine flu. No reason they wouldn't be for ebola too.

And where did you come up with the story that Louise Troh is here illegally? What reality do you reside in? She has lived here legally for 16years and just returned from a trip to Liberia to visit him not too long ago. She was granted a visa to move here because of her young child at the time and the war-torn Liberia and because she already had family legally here in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
... He became asymptomatic about the 24th of September.
Btw JD, asymptomatic means having no symptoms. A patient "becomes asymptomatic" when they are healed.
Guest092216 is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:12 AM   #38
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Whoa, Nellie!

Did Whirlaway (of all people!) condescendingly insinuate that someone else resides in an alternate universe?

TFF!
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:40 AM   #39
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

I didn't say she was here illegally; I said it is likely. The fact that she has resided here for 16 years and has traveled to and fro isn't proof of her legal status. Do you even understand how many come here and overstay visas. DHS can't / won't track them, much less kick them out.

About 63% of illegals have lived in the country for over ten years (according to American Center for Progress). So length of stay has NOTHING to do with legal status.

Ok. Duncan lied on his entry form, not his visa entry card. We also know he purchased a round trip ticket because he would have not been permitted to enter the US otherwise. But his real intention was to stay here. Again, another illegal violating his visa agreement and staying in the US.

Of course the borders should be shut down. But you open border nuts refuse to do what is best to protect us.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:50 AM   #40
Guest092216
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Louise Troh is a naturalized US citizen. Go look it up.

I'm also not an advocate for open boarders but nice leap. I'm an advocate for transparency in healthcare and access to healthcare. Sometimes those issues cross paths and get messy. This is one of those times.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:59 AM   #41
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
From what I've heard: Duncan was here on a work visa. One of the kids at the apt. was his and the woman is the child's mother. Haven't heard if she's here legally. Neither have I heard if Duncan's brother or his mother are here legally.
You are correct, but Duncan lied about his health status, and that made his departure from Liberia technically "illegal".

I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:59 AM   #42
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:

Btw JD, asymptomatic means having no symptoms. A patient "becomes asymptomatic" when they are healed.
Not exactly healed..from Wikipedia:

In medicine, a disease is considered asymptomatic if a patient is a carrier for a disease or infection but experiences no symptoms. A condition might be asymptomatic if it fails to show the noticeable symptoms with which it is usually associated. Asymptomatic infections are also called subclinical infections. The term clinically silent is also used.
Knowing that a condition is asymptomatic is important because:
  • It may develop symptoms later and so require watch and wait or early treatment.
  • It may resolve itself or become benign.
  • It is required that a person undergoes treatment so it does not cause later medical problems such as high blood pressure and hyperlipidaemia.[1]
  • Be alert to possible problems: asymptomatic hypothyroidism makes a person vulnerable to Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome or beri-beri following intravenous glucose.[2]
  • The affected person may be infectious and unknowingly spread the infection to others.
  • An example of an asymptomatic disease is Cytomegalovirus (CMV) which is a member of the herpes virus. "It is estimated that 1% of all newborns are infected with CMV, but the majority of infections are asymptomatic." (Knox, 1983; Kumar et al. 1984)[3]
ANNOUNCEMENT 1: Assup, the dumb-fuck golem fucktard, HDDB, DEM, was elected: (please reference the avatar & see @: http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=946023, .http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=897663 & http://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=1052174471&postcount=1)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Ekim the Inbred (AKA "i'va biggen") is a "chimp off the ol' block." See @:
http://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=1053405983&postcount=35
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:07 AM   #43
Guest092216
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer View Post
Not exactly healed..from Wikipedia:

In medicine, a disease is considered asymptomatic if a patient is a carrier for a disease or infection but experiences no symptoms. A condition might be asymptomatic if it fails to show the noticeable symptoms with which it is usually associated. Asymptomatic infections are also called subclinical infections. The term clinically silent is also used.
Knowing that a condition is asymptomatic is important because:
  • It may develop symptoms later and so require watch and wait or early treatment.
  • It may resolve itself or become benign.
  • It is required that a person undergoes treatment so it does not cause later medical problems such as high blood pressure and hyperlipidaemia.[1]
  • Be alert to possible problems: asymptomatic hypothyroidism makes a person vulnerable to Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome or beri-beri following intravenous glucose.[2]
  • The affected person may be infectious and unknowingly spread the infection to others.
  • An example of an asymptomatic disease is Cytomegalovirus (CMV) which is a member of the herpes virus. "It is estimated that 1% of all newborns are infected with CMV, but the majority of infections are asymptomatic." (Knox, 1983; Kumar et al. 1984)[3]
ANNOUNCEMENT 1: Assup, the dumb-fuck golem fucktard, HDDB, DEM, was elected: (please reference the avatar & see @: http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=946023, .http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=897663 & http://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=1052174471&postcount=1)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Ekim the Inbred (AKA "i'va biggen") is a "chimp off the ol' block." See @:
http://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=1053405983&postcount=35
Really?

Please look at the context. As in it meant the opposite of what he was saying: like healed vs sick. A person can be sick and asymptomatic. But he meant he went to the hospital with symptoms, the opposite of asymptomatic.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:32 AM   #44
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

People claim they are "naturalized" but are not. Look it up.

If you lived in Dallas very long you would know illegals lie about citizenship...look it up.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:38 AM   #45
Guest092216
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

I'm sure it will all come out in discovery when they file their lawsuit against the hospital for turning him away on his first visit.

And before anyone jumps all over that and runs with it, I'm not saying it would be justified or winnable. Just saying they are likely to file a suit. That's it

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women