Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70710
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60377
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41549
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35924
Mojojo33117

Old 05-07-2015, 06:08 AM   #31
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by WombRaider View Post
I'm not the one who started a thread called the day the 60's died about an event that took place well into 1970.
I don't know how old you are, but for us that we're adults when Ken State happenned, the term "the day the '60's died", or like terms, has been used from the moment the shots were fired.

To be more exact, it was the day that the "'60's", looked upon as more of an era than an official time frame, was officially "over".

Many of us, especially Vietnam Veterans, had mixed feelings about the actions of the protesters, and the National Guard soldiers who were put in a rather stressful situation that most were never trained to deal with.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 06:39 AM   #32
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
I don't know how old you are, but for us that we're adults when Ken State happenned, the term "the day the '60's died", or i iliac terms, has been used from the moment the shots were fired.

To be more exact, it was the day that the "'60's", looked upon as more of an era than an official time frame, was officially "over".

Many of us, especially Vietnam Veterans, had mixed feelings about the actions of the protesters, and the National Guard soldiers who were put in a rather stressful situation that most were never trained to deal with.

Well said, Jackie. That's exactly the rationale many use to attribute the end of the '60s to the riot at Kent State. The PBS documentary is one such example:

"The Day the '60s Died"
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 02:29 PM   #33
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
JDIdiot, do you really want to go there?

With that said, I understand why you said what you did. And quite frankly, the thought has merit!

The 1960's was a decade marked by civil disobedience. I believe you were trying to say, the 1960's "era" officially "died" with the Kent State riot. An argument could be made for that. But if that were actually true, couldn't a stronger argument be made for the 1960's "era" ended following the May Day Riot's of 1971?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1971_May_Day_Protests

Or perhaps another riot beyond May Day, 1971?

The point being, Kent State was not the last of the 60's era demonstrations and riots. They extended well beyond April of 1970.

The technical point that WR was trying to make would be that Kent State was the first 60's era riot that actually took place in the 1970's.

From that technical standpoint, you were wrong in saying that the 1960's ended with the Kent State riots.

Fuel for further thought: Instead of saying that the '60's died with the Kent State riots, why don't you go hide in a deep, dark, padded bunker, that has been carefully dug under the missing Malaysian Airlines 777 and carefully camouflaged by shrubs and netting on some remote island?

Out in the middle of nowhere!

Problem solved!
Why don't you just get with the program and call your little dog an idiot. The consensus rules. (what do you global warming idiots think about that)
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 03:27 PM   #34
shanm
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
JDIdiot, do you really want to go there?

Fuel for further thought: Instead of saying that the '60's died with the Kent State riots, why don't you go hide in a deep, dark, padded bunker, that has been carefully dug under the missing Malaysian Airlines 777 and carefully camouflaged by shrubs and netting on some remote island?

Out in the middle of nowhere!

Problem solved!
I think what JD was referring to was a particular event smackdab in the middle of the sixties. More specifically, on August 6, 1965.
For him, the 60's, along with our entire illustrious history, all died that day!
shanm is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:44 PM   #35
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanm View Post
I think what JD was referring to was a particular event smackdab in the middle of the sixties. More specifically, on August 6, 1965.
For him, the 60's, along with our entire illustrious history, all died that day!
Lyndon Johnson didn't get many things right, but he did get the signing of the Voting Rights Act right.

It's a shame that he also was instrumental in bringing to fruition the legislation that has lead to the deplorable conditions that many Blacks now find themselves. Highest crime rate per capita, highest out of wedlock births by percentage, highest unemployment rate of any racial category, and the highest death rate of young men between 18 and 35.

We matured as a Nation with one act, and destroyed a culture with another.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 06:03 PM   #36
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

How can you run when you know?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 07:13 PM   #37
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Why don't you just get with the program and call your little dog an idiot.
Ask and ye shall receive!

I will be more than happy to call LLIdiot's "little (lap)dog," (JDIdiot) an Idiot.

You're an Idiot!

Do you feel better now, JDIdiot?
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 12:07 AM   #38
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

...and my heart nearly stopped beating.

That's a metaphor, kind of like saying the end of the 60s. Not exact science but a feeling. I know you don't get it but try to act like you do.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 12:45 AM   #39
WombRaider
Account Disabled

Encounters: 3

Quote:

That's a metaphor, kind of like saying the end of the 60s. Not exact science but a feeling. I know you don't get it but try to act like you do.
Then just say the end of an era if that's what you meant.

And 'my heart nearly stopped beating' is an idiom, not a metaphor.

His heart sank like a mobster wearing cement shoes. That's a metaphor.
WombRaider is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 06:12 AM   #40
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:

Watch it judy, the grammar pimps will be all over you on that one.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 06:26 AM   #41
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WombRaider View Post
Then just say the end of an era if that's what you meant.

And 'my heart nearly stopped beating' is an idiom, not a metaphor.

His heart sank like a mobster wearing cement shoes. That's a metaphor.
Your example is a simile, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women