Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
test
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70710
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60377
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41550
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35924
Mojojo33117

Old 07-27-2010, 03:25 PM   #31
VictoriaLyn
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 2709
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Seagrams 7 makes a good honey whiskey; Wild Turkey makes one also but have not tried that one.....

I tired the Wild Turkey didnt like it as much.The one I like is EVAN WILLIAMS HONEY RESERVE
VictoriaLyn is online now   Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:51 PM   #32
PeAcH
Professional Fluffer

User ID: 4548
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Ahh.. just goes to show how much I know about cocktails.. hehe, told ya I am not a huge drinker..

Nothing to see here.. carry on!
PeAcH is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:00 PM   #33
Takeshi Miike
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8
Default Bubble tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by richcran View Post
Great Thread! Anyone have any advice for us old farts on 'low cal' drinks? These ultra low cal beers have little or no taste......I'm trying to work on a low sugar or low cal margarita (my drink of choice if done right)......although the diet cola and Bacardi is a nice summer 'adult beverage' (allegedly the lowest calories).

Tell me more about bubble tea? Never heard of it.....
The defining feature of the bubble "tea" are the bubbles which are large balls of what I believe is tapioca. There's a pretty good place for them next to Din Ho next to the Target on 183 between Mopac and 35.
Takeshi Miike is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:10 PM   #34
PeAcH
Professional Fluffer

User ID: 4548
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeshi Miike View Post
The defining feature of the bubble "tea" are the bubbles which are large balls of what I believe is tapioca. There's a pretty good place for them next to Din Ho next to the Target on 183 between Mopac and 35.
Rosie's Pho here in Round Rock has excellent boba also, it is right off of the 35 and Louis Henna Blvd.
PeAcH is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:11 PM   #35
Takeshi Miike
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8
Default Vodka

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyTaylor View Post
Because you either pay for it "now", or pay for it later.

My fave? KetelOne, shaken hard to generate ice crystals (some would call it "bruised"...must be bar-size ice), in a pre-chilled up glass, no vermouth, 2 olives. Yes, other vodkas can claim a "smoother" experience, but I prefer the full-bodied classic vodka flavor. (Bartender Casey's comment...many folks like to keep their vodkas in the freezer. Not me. A good amount of the ice melts when shaking the vodka, which is a good thing when making a good martini. And IMO if you do use vermouth, just a swizzle in the chilled glass, then dump the excess.)

~Casey
My favorite vodka is Monopalowa. It's one of the very few traditional potato vodkas out there (most of them are grain or fruit), has a ton of flavor because of it, and in my opinion is the best bang for the buck when it comes to vodkas. Until I was turned on to it, Kettle One was my favorite reasonably priced vodka. When it comes to top shelf, I like Belvedere (grain) and Chopin (potato) which are both from the same distiller.
Takeshi Miike is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:35 PM   #36
Monk Rasputin
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Nothing like a Manhattan. Or a Dirty Martini, or an Old Fashioned (make it with Southern Comfort every once in a while). And, of course, a Ramos Gin Fizz. Of course, at the Cadillac Bar.

Hmmm. Those are all old school cocktails. It figures.

Monk
Monk Rasputin is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:16 AM   #37
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Way Back When Dairy milk, Valrhona cocoa, cane sugar. Holy Cacao's frozen hot chocolate when I'm really self-indulgent, oh my; they melt dark Swiss chocolate into milk, cream, and secret ingredients, then pour it over Blue Bell Dutch chocolate ice cream and ice cubes in a Vitamix, vrooom and serve.
78704 is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:37 PM   #38
thundarr28
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

My favorite beer is Red Stripe, but I don't drink it very often, and it's kind of hard to find around here unless you go to Whole Foods or Specs.
thundarr28 is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:00 PM   #39
runswithscissors
Account Disabled

Encounters: 21

I have seen Red Stripe in several H.E.B. stores in North Austin and also Randalls in North Austin.
runswithscissors is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:09 PM   #40
thundarr28
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Yeah, you can find it if you look, but ask for it in a restaurant, and you'll probably get a blank look from the waiter.
thundarr28 is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:15 PM   #41
rekcaSxT
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 62

Quote:
Because you either pay for it "now", or pay for it later.

My fave? KetelOne, shaken hard to generate ice crystals (some would call it "bruised"...must be bar-size ice), in a pre-chilled up glass, no vermouth, 2 olives. Yes, other vodkas can claim a "smoother" experience, but I prefer the full-bodied classic vodka flavor. (Bartender Casey's comment...many folks like to keep their vodkas in the freezer. Not me. A good amount of the ice melts when shaking the vodka, which is a good thing when making a good martini. And IMO if you do use vermouth, just a swizzle in the chilled glass, then dump the excess.)

~Casey
There are differences in qualities of distilled spirits, on this I will agree. However, unlike with cars, homes, boats, etc... the PRICE is not a direct coefficient with quality when it comes to alcohol. For example Jack Daniels is a Tennessee Whiskey, it costs $20 for a 750 mL, and in my humble opinion tastes like crap. (sorry guys) It's closest relative and the only other Tennessee Whiskey in existance is George Dickel, which costs considerably less, and tastes much better. (again my opinion) I prefer bourbon, and you can find VERY drinkable bourbon for less than $20. And again I contest that when mixing with coke you need not spend more than $20 because coca cola perverts the flavor the distiller and blender intended for the whiskey.

I don't drink cheap. I drink very nice cognac, bourbon and tequila.

When it comes to vodka, I am a believer that 99% of why anyone buys any particular vodka is marketing. I have done double blind taste tests with people on vodka who have picked Monopolowa and Smirnoff over Grey Goose. I won't get into a full treatise on vodka here, but I am VERY opinionated on it.

Also you can absolutely NOT "bruise" any distilled spirit. Anything that has been distilled in virtually indestructable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaLyn View Post
I like a 4Horseman every once in a while

I cant remember the name but there is also a Honey whiskey I like too
Evan Williams Honey
Wild Turkey Honey
Seagram's 7 Honey
and for fun try:
Barenjager (spirit based honey liqueur)

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Rich, you might like a prosecco and lime. If you are not familiar with prosecco, it is an Italian sparkling wine you can chill and pour over ice with a fruit wedge; lemon, lime, or orange. Very refreshing summer drink, no sugar, minimal calories.
Prosecco is a Charmat or Tank Method sparkling wine from Italy. They are really "hit or miss". That method of carbonation causes problems with consistency. Because Prosecco is "hot" right now, they are around $12-15 a bottle right now. Cavas are typically around $10 a bottle and are Champagne Method and much more consistent in quality. There are also some great Champagne Method sparkling wines from other regions even France for $10-15 that I would drink over Prosecco. Try them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeshi Miike View Post
My favorite vodka is Monopalowa. It's one of the very few traditional potato vodkas out there (most of them are grain or fruit), has a ton of flavor because of it, and in my opinion is the best bang for the buck when it comes to vodkas. Until I was turned on to it, Kettle One was my favorite reasonably priced vodka. When it comes to top shelf, I like Belvedere (grain) and Chopin (potato) which are both from the same distiller.
Monopolowa is very good quality. If you like it try Sobieski as well. Also try Russian Standard. It is a little more pricey than Monopolowa, but VERY good. It is a wheat based vodka that I put up agains Goose any day. You can get a 750 mL for less than $20.

Oh, also I almost forgot 42 Below vodka is VERY good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundarr28 View Post
My favorite beer is Red Stripe, but I don't drink it very often, and it's kind of hard to find around here unless you go to Whole Foods or Specs.
Hurray Beer!
rekcaSxT is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:51 PM   #42
CaseyTaylor
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 13634
My ECCIE Reviews

rekcaSxT--

Ummm, ok! The pay for it now or later thing is more about those who are satisfied with the well, isn't it? I don't drink cheap either. As to bruised, I only made the mention because so many are misinformed, and I prefer it shaken very hard, and very cold.

And yes...marketing. I don't care for Grey Goose either. Or Tito's. Or Dripping Springs. Shirmoffs is a great mixer at a great price point.

Finally, I am an admitted snob about one thing--wine. I can't help it that I am spoiled!! It's part of my heritage as a Northern Californian.

Cheers!

Casey
CaseyTaylor is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:09 PM   #43
rekcaSxT
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 62

Quote:
rekcaSxT--

Ummm, ok! The pay for it now or later thing is more about those who are satisfied with the well, isn't it? I don't drink cheap either. As to bruised, I only made the mention because so many are misinformed, and I prefer it shaken very hard, and very cold.

And yes...marketing. I don't care for Grey Goose either. Or Tito's. Or Dripping Springs. Shirmoffs is a great mixer at a great price point.

Finally, I am an admitted snob about one thing--wine. I can't help it that I am spoiled!! It's part of my heritage as a Northern Californian.

Cheers!

Casey
I hear a lot of people claim the extremes with quality in alcohol. The "old timers" say there is no difference between Skol Vodka and Grey Goose. I think they are nuts. Then you have people who attempt to be snobby and act like the best alcohol is the most expensive (or at least the most marketed) Patron Tequila is a good example. I have found that in the middle shelves at the liquor store is where you find the coolest stuff for the best value. Now, if I am given me a choice between Don Julio 1942 or El Jimador and someone else is paying, I am going for the 1942.

I got geeky about alcohol early on in my drinking career. I was a bartender at some high end martini bars etc.. and I love good beer. I even used to brew my own. Most categories of distilled spirits kind of bore me now. The exceptions are good brandy like Cognac, or Bourbon and other whiskeys, and Tequila. I think these three categories have the most variation in styles, flavors, subtleties etc... Where as vodka at the end of the day is still vodka, a colorless, odorless, flavorless spirit. Rum can only be rum, until you ad flavored syrup to it. Gin is basically a flavored vodka (most of the time). So what does that leave? Not much.

The "bruised" thing comes up more with Gin than anything, but I have met Gin distillers, and there is no way, now knowing how it is made, that gin can be bruised.

I love wine, and I can be somewhat snobby about wine, but there is so much good wine out there and it is marketed to pretty much every demographic now.

So, I didn't mean to attack you, I was just commenting on your post.
rekcaSxT is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:35 PM   #44
chairspud
Valued Poster

Encounters: 116

The Balvenie 12 yo Double Wood single malt on the rocks in one of my Whitefriars crystal highballs.
On special occasions 21 yo Balvenie, it's too pricey to drink all the time.
chairspud is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:17 PM   #45
VictoriaLyn
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 2709
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Shirmoff makes a tasty 100 proof Root Beer Vodka
VictoriaLyn is online now   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women