Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
test
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70761
biomed162989
Yssup Rider60642
gman4453274
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48582
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42261
CryptKicker37200
The_Waco_Kid36646
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 02-05-2010, 10:26 AM   #31
RREB
Premium Access

Encounters: 128

Jack Daniel's, is not considered a bourbon because it is charcoal-mellowed -- slowly, drop by drop, filtered through sugar-maple charcoal -- prior to aging, which many experts say gives it a different character. The process, called the Lincoln County Process, infuses a sweet and sooty character into the distillate as it removes impurities. But up to and after the charcoal filtering, the Jack Daniel's production is much the same as any other Bourbon. Jack Daniel's and George Dickel are two fine Tennessee Whiskeys though neither can be called bourbon.

All the facts are here: http://www.straightbourbon.com/
RREB is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 04:00 PM   #32
Guest021510
Account Disabled

Encounters: 10

All Big Pimpin nose abouts whiskey is at BP's batchelor party, after 26 beers my best friend decided I wuznt drunk enough, so he got me to chug a pint of Jim Beam with him. I didn't know it at the time, but he wuz keepin his lips closed when he tipped the pint back, so BP also had a pint of whiskey on top of the 26 beers. A little while later I threw up my toenails. The smell of Jim Beam today still makes me queasy.
Nowadays, BP drinks mostly Crown Royal, but is a sissy and mixes it with coke or in a whiskey sour. I can sip single malt scotch straight though.
Guest021510 is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 04:05 PM   #33
robtx
Account Disabled

Encounters: 5

Try Forty Creek Whisky. It beat out Crown Royal in some 2007 awards and runs cheaper then Crown. I am not a huge Crown drinker but I thinks it's just as good as Crown. I wonder what some of you think about it?
robtx is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 04:20 PM   #34
rakuguy
Ambassador

Encounters: 2

Crown is blended Canadian whiskey, not bourbon. Jack is Tenneseee Sour Mash whiskey as is Dickel. Though more similar in taste to Kentucky straight bourbons than all other whiskeys Tennessee whiskey is charcoal filtered which gives it it's distinctive flavor. Bourbon essentially is Kentucky Straight Bourbon.

Being originally from Louisiana my Kentucky straight bourbon of choice is Old Charter. Their base bourbon is 8 years old and also have a 10 year and and a 12 year old bourbon. Less expensive than most and aged longer. Best quality Kentucky bourbon out there for the money IMO. Lots of more expensive bourbons that aren't aged nearly as long. Many bourbons don't say how long they are aged which means "not very fucking long". Minimum time bourbon must be aged is 2 years. If less than 4 years law requires the age to be stated on the label so if you don't see the age stated on the label it was aged more than 4 years but probably not much more than that or they would tell you. I also drink Weller (base is 7 years old) and Makers Mark (6-7 1/2 years) when out and about (don't see Old Charter a lot in bars in Texas) as well as Wild Turkey 101 (8 yrs old...for effect if I'm in a hurry).

I managed a small liquor store in Louisiana when I was in college so I've tried most of them.
rakuguy is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 04:46 PM   #35
Fringe Hobbyist
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 11

Bulleit (sp?) is solid. They make a nice Manhattan with it at Kenichi, if you're of the mind. Woodford Reserve is also one I love, have half a bottle that may go with me to a friend's Super Bowl party. Not seen it here in this discussion so far, but I personally also enjoy Bookers a fair bit.
Fringe Hobbyist is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:12 PM   #36
rekcaSxT
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtx View Post
Try Forty Creek Whisky. It beat out Crown Royal in some 2007 awards and runs cheaper then Crown. I am not a huge Crown drinker but I thinks it's just as good as Crown. I wonder what some of you think about it?
40 Creek is awesome. I like it a LOT. John K. Hall is the distiller. He makes a corn, a rye, and a barley whiskey, and ages them seperately for 6-10 years then blends them in a "meritage" style. It is exquisite, and yes, cheaper than the purple bag.

Also check out Canadian Club Classic 12. Youngest whiskey in that bottle is 12 years old!

Another good Canadian I like is Pendleton's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fringe Hobbyist View Post
Bulleit (sp?) is solid. They make a nice Manhattan with it at Kenichi, if you're of the mind. Woodford Reserve is also one I love, have half a bottle that may go with me to a friend's Super Bowl party. Not seen it here in this discussion so far, but I personally also enjoy Bookers a fair bit.
I mentioned Bookers when I talked about the Jim Beam Small Batches. It is made by Beam.

And you spelled Bulleit correctly. Also FYI it is pronounced like "Bullet". Many people try to call it "Bull Yay" trying to sound French. I have met Tom Bulleit, and he pronounces it like "Bullet".
rekcaSxT is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:48 PM   #37
Fringe Hobbyist
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 11

Missed the Bookers reference, recka, thanks for calling my attention to it. So many promising liquor suggestions in this thread. So few good liver cells ;-).
Fringe Hobbyist is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:05 PM   #38
Austin Liv
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 2872
My ECCIE Reviews

I like Woodford Reserve, but I'm more of a Scotch fan. I love ordering the Scotch samplers at Opal Divines, yummy!
Austin Liv is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:27 PM   #39
Risn2TheOccasion
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

Me too Liv. They have one of the best selections in Austin. I have ran up a few hefty bar tabs at Opel's.
Risn2TheOccasion is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:16 PM   #40
rekcaSxT
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Liv View Post
I like Woodford Reserve, but I'm more of a Scotch fan. I love ordering the Scotch samplers at Opal Divines, yummy!
You and Angelina Adams both like scotch. I can't get into scotch and I have had some really fine REALLY expensive scotch. I just don't like the flavor.

Basically they take malted barley and smoke it with compost. That is that grassy "peat" flavor they refer to. Count me out...

I prefer Bourbon, Irish or Canadian whiskey.

Or cognac...
Old 02-07-2010, 01:23 PM   #41
wiry
Registered Member

Try some Buffalo Trace. Recommended by the owner of the liquor store.
I just made myself a drink and remembered this thread.
wiry is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:14 PM   #42
Dreamsicle
Valued Poster

I enjoy a good Manhattan on occasion. My favorite bourbons are Knob Creek and Maker's Mark. I have heard good things about Woodford Reserve but have never tried it. Since someone previously mentioned Scotch, I will add that I too am a fan. I have a few single malt aged Scotch's that I have stored over the years that I have been waiting for a special occasion to open them. Sadly, they remain unopened.
Dreamsicle is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:16 PM   #43
rekcaSxT
Lifetime Premium Access

If you like scotch open them badboys!

Distilled liquor will not improve once it is in the bottle. As long as you keep the cork or cap on them you can keep them as long as it takes to drink them. So open them have a drink then set them aside for the next time you want to have a nice drink.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:24 PM   #44
Dreamsicle
Valued Poster

Well perhaps I will see Liv soon and we can drink my aged Scotch together...Surely that would be considered a "special occasion."
Dreamsicle is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:01 PM   #45
don000
Registered Member

canadian hunter is great..priced good and taste is perfect...
don000 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women