Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
test
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70769
biomed163089
Yssup Rider60734
gman4453284
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48612
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42424
CryptKicker37205
The_Waco_Kid36849
Mokoa36493
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 08-29-2011, 10:18 PM   #31
WyldemanATX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefnerd View Post
I can see where a 6% increase in the average wage would be possible with a 23.9% increase in the minimum wage.

If you examined the data he put up it says the average wage in Texas is over 15 bucks an hour. Minimum wage is 7.25 an hour.
WyldemanATX is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:28 PM   #32
chefnerd
Just a ROFF with CRSS

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldeman30 View Post
If you examined the data he put up it says the average wage in Texas is over 15 bucks an hour. Minimum wage is 7.25 an hour.
I did examine the data, and an average takes into consideration ALL wages. If you raise the bottom wage, especially by 23%, it will INCREASE the average.
chefnerd is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:36 PM   #33
WyldemanATX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefnerd View Post
I did examine the data, and an average takes into consideration ALL wages. If you raise the bottom wage, especially by 23%, it will INCREASE the average.
As I am sure it did for all the other states as well. We hit in the middle for average wage going up. You need to consider the population increase in Texas as well.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:34 AM   #34
austin_voy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Who was it, Vincente Fox, who said "Mexican's do the jobs Blacks don't want". Yeah, maybe, but that's because "Blacks" (hell, anybody who's stuck with a low wage job) won't work for the $5/hr "Mexicans" (not all Mexican, but you know how that goes) will take.

Oh yeah, "Guatemalans do the jobs Mexican don't want" hear this last time we were in Guatemala.

I've gone to day labor a couple of times "neccisito dos hermanos hablan ingles pero no hablan espanilo" I usually wind up grabing the two Black guys who give me the blank "what did he say?" look. Hey, day labor folks let you pick. $10 to $12 an hour. I've got two guys who I pick on a regular basis because I like them.
austin_voy is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:12 PM   #35
budman33
Valued Poster

Rick Perry: 2.2 GPA, couldnt go to veterinary school because his grades didn't cut it. We can't do better for our president?

If he wins the nomination he won't win enough of the vote as he shouldn't. 3 days praying for rain? he's going to have to pray a whole lot more to become president.
budman33 is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:17 PM   #36
WyldemanATX
Valued Poster

Obama said Corpsman 3 times with a teleprompter. He also said he could see several of our fallen heroes in the audience at a memorial day speech. Yep he is a real genius!

Perry and Obama have never had a job outside of politics. The difference is Perry has more experience as a leader. Perry used to be a democrat.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:58 PM   #37
DTorrchia
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by budman33 View Post
Rick Perry: 2.2 GPA, couldnt go to veterinary school because his grades didn't cut it. We can't do better for our president?

If he wins the nomination he won't win enough of the vote as he shouldn't. 3 days praying for rain? he's going to have to pray a whole lot more to become president.
Let's see, we've got one liberal here who says a 19 year old's actions shouldn't be judged too harshly cause "he's just a kid for christ sakes"!

Then we've got Budman 33 who thinks that grades achieved just a couple of years later somehow define a man for life? Budman, it's been almost 3 decades since Perry left school, SURELY you can come up with something other than his grades when determining his suitability for Office.
He's been a a state legislator, agriculture commissioner, lieutenant governor and Governor. There should be plenty there to pick apart aside from his grades. His mind may have been on chasing tail or other pursuits, things that many young men in their 20's find more interesting than their studies. Surely he wasn't the first or the last. He got his degree, he served his time in the military, more than we can say for our current Administrator that's in the White House, graduated flight school, served honorably etc.
It makes you look pretty desperate when you gotta reach all the way back to college don't you think?
DTorrchia is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 02:59 PM   #38
Billy_Saul
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by budman33 View Post

Barack Obama has not released transcripts for his grades from Occidental College, Columbia University and Harvard Law. He has also not released his SAT and LSAT scores. No explanation has been offered for not releasing them. Per the Wall Street Journal September 11, 2008, "Obama's Lost Years," Obama graduated from Columbia University (to which he transferred after his first two years at Occidental College in California), with a degree in Political Science without honors, so had a GPA less than a 3.3. His roomate Sohale Siddiqi indicated Obama itially felt alienated, felt "very lost," and used drugs to get high, which could have led to low grades initially. The roomate indicates that he then turned serious and "stopped getting high." Obama transferred to Columbia because he was concerned with urban issues. Based on his overall undergraduate GPA of less than a 3.3, Mr. Obama's admission to Harvard Law School may reflect affirmative action statutes, low grades early, then higher grades later (purely speculation) and/or other factors.

Billy_Saul is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:15 PM   #39
DTorrchia
Valued Poster

Hmmm, what would F-Sharp say to this? We're deflecting from Perry's grades by bringing up Obama's?! Yep, I'm sure that would/will be one of the accusations. Of course, our friendly liberals here never see their own hypocrisy of criticizing one Presidential Candidate's grades while the current President refuses to allow anyone to even SEE his University grades.
Man, it must be nice to live in such a warm, fuzzy and dark bubble all the time!
DTorrchia is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:47 PM   #40
Billy_Saul
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTorrchia View Post
their own hypocrisy of criticizing one Presidential Candidate's grades while the current President refuses to allow anyone to even SEE his University grades.
That's the point. I don't care for Perry either. Both are career politicians.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:27 PM   #41
Haley
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 33129
My ECCIE Reviews

Well Perry's grades do reflect his critical thinking skills. Here we see a wonderful idea planned out with his purple crayon.

http://www.burntorangereport.com/dia...transportation

Rick Perry on the Issues: Transportation
Mon Aug 29, 2011 at 01:46 PM CDT

At first glance, the Trans-Texas Corridor seemed like a reasonable solution to a very real problem. Texas has added over 4.5 million new citizens since 2000, and according to texastransportation.org existing revenue streams will not be able to fund new transportation projects past 2012. Perry's vision was to use private funding to create a system of highways (separated into to truck and passenger lanes), high speed rail, and modern utility lines that would parallel existing roadways, alleviating congestion and contributing to Texas's position as an international point of entry for goods. Less congestion! High speed rail! More trade! Well, as it turns out the TTC had more than a few problems associated with it, and Perry's failed leadership during the legislative process has left Texas without any answers to our continued infrastructure crisis.

The first big problem with the TTC was geographical. The corridor was to be 1200 feet wide and ultimately 4000 miles long. That is a lot of land! Land that would have required unprecedented abuse of eminent domain laws for the "state" to acquire. The full system would have needed over 500,000 acres of land that was usually privately owned and often adjacent to critical wildlife habitats.

Rick Perry, the supposed champion of minimal government and conservatism, was going to decree, via fiat, that an area of the state larger than New Jersey would suddenly belong not even to Texas itself, but to a Spanish developer, Cintra-Zachary.

Needless to say, this upset more than a few people. Conservatives objected to the prospect of widespread seizures of private lands. Progressives despised the proposed sale of such a vast region to a company that would have turned Texas into a pipeline for cheap goods from Mexico and Asia and left ordinary Texans watching vast sums of money flow by while gaining little, if any, benefits.

The TTC was essentially shelved in 2009 as a result of public outrage, yet Perry continues to believe that massive toll roads owned and operated by private developers is the only answer to Texas's transportation woes. It is not at all clear that privately owned toll roads offer any congestion relief. A much smaller project built and owned entirely through private funding, the Camino Columbia Toll Road (a bridge between Laredo and Nuevo Laredo), failed as drivers refused to pay its onerous tolls, and it only carried 13% of the traffic it had been projected to carry.

And now we are back where we started. Texans face increasing traffic congestion and costs. Austinites pay more to operate and maintain their vehicles than residents of any other city in the country, Laredo has the busiest freight border crossing in the country, and drivers in Houston and Dallas face some of the ), longest commutes in the nation.
Haley is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:19 PM   #42
budman33
Valued Poster

I dont think anyone will argue that I-35 is a clusterfuck and the new toll road looks like a drunk on mescalin mapped it out.

My college record is fair game at all my job interviews. I think if your going to try to president, its relevent material. I also think its highly relevent all the stomping he did for Gore supporting climate views, until it was politically expedient for him to shift gears.

he's a true politician, his opinion goes which way the wind blows and is a consumate liar. But he aint getting my vote.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:27 PM   #43
WyldemanATX
Valued Poster

Haley, Back in the day I heard that the Hippies of Austin protested against mo pac, because they did not want Austin to grow. These same hippies are middle aged liberals today. They protested against bridges being built and anything that would help with the growth of the city. Austin was gonna grow regardless.

I do not like having to pay toll roads, but it is in the best interest for the companies that own the toll roads to not have traffic congestion. The more cars that go through them the more money they make. Private companies that own toll roads would help our commutes run more efficiently. If we relied more on private companies to update infrastructure, then they should also lower the taxes we pay on gasoline.

Government is not very efficient at much of anything and I want someone who is going to cut down big government. The only thing these dumb fucks know how to do is spend our money at a alarming rate with sub par results.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:44 PM   #44
budman33
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldeman30 View Post
Haley, Back in the day I heard that the Hippies of Austin protested against mo pac, because they did not want Austin to grow. These same hippies are middle aged liberals today. They protested against bridges being built and anything that would help with the growth of the city. Austin was gonna grow regardless.

I do not like having to pay toll roads, but it is in the best interest for the companies that own the toll roads to not have traffic congestion. The more cars that go through them the more money they make. Private companies that own toll roads would help our commutes run more efficiently. If we relied more on private companies to update infrastructure, then they should also lower the taxes we pay on gasoline.

Government is not very efficient at much of anything and I want someone who is going to cut down big government. The only thing these dumb fucks know how to do is spend our money at a alarming rate with sub par results.
But if the toll roads were designed for efficiency, how come you never see a 18 wheeler hauling load up them? seriously, they were for something else... not moving traffic. just $$$
Old 08-30-2011, 08:52 PM   #45
Billy_Saul
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haley View Post
Land that would have required unprecedented abuse of eminent domain laws for the "state" to acquire.

Rick Perry, the supposed champion of minimal government and conservatism, was going to decree, via fiat, that an area of the state larger than New Jersey would suddenly belong not even to Texas itself, but to a Spanish developer, Cintra-Zachary.
The fact that Perry would champion eminent domain of private lands to give a foreign company is a huge problem for me and reason enough to oppose the guy at all cost.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women