Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70764
biomed163044
Yssup Rider60667
gman4453279
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48597
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42388
CryptKicker37204
The_Waco_Kid36790
Mokoa36493
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 01-25-2016, 09:04 AM   #31
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
Again, the key is "or seriously slow down". So I asked you to post the gun deaths per million per year for the US and Canada. Then we can see if they have reduced the instances or not. Quite simple.
How about you post the population density in Canada as opposed to the US.
How about posting the crime centers in Canada.
How about posting the racial demographics in Canada.

The fact is that you can't directly compare the two countries because they are too different from each other.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 10:08 AM   #32
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post

“When looking at firearm-related homicide rates in comparable countries, Canada’s rate is about seven times lower than that of the United States (3.5 per 100,000 population),
JD i have posted the rate per 100k. What does race have to do with gun laws? You do realize that your op tried to compare the two countries and then when i gave you proper stats in context. ..you are now saying you can not compare. That is a bald face lie on your part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
How about you post the population density in Canada as opposed to the US.
How about posting the crime centers in Canada.
How about posting the racial demographics in Canada.

The fact is that you can't directly compare the two countries because they are too different from each other.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 10:22 AM   #33
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
JD i have posted the rate per 100k. What does race have to do with gun laws? You do realize that your op tried to compare the two countries and then when i gave you proper stats in context. ..you are now saying you can not compare. That is a bald face lie on your part.
To call it lying is a little harsh. It is high speed backpedaling when caught by the facts.

He was all about a comparison in the OP when he erroneously thought it would support his position. But as soon as DATA contradicts it, well he is now vehemently opposed to his original key premise.

Sorry the data is so uncooperative JD.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 12:38 PM   #34
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
I would call you a blowhard...but then you would just blow harder.
blowhard, eh?

and you with your 24,115 posts
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 02:23 PM   #35
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
blowhard, eh?

and you with your 24,115 posts
See, I knew you would just blow harder.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 03:10 PM   #36
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Quote:
To call it lying is a little harsh. It is high speed backpedaling when caught by the facts.

He was all about a comparison in the OP when he erroneously thought it would support his position. But as soon as DATA contradicts it, well he is now vehemently opposed to his original key premise.

Sorry the data is so uncooperative JD.
That's it? You get some of the little dog help from WTF and you throw in the towel? I guess I made my point. The only real comparison that holds up between Canada and the US is that Canada has the gun laws that liberals want and they still have acts of mass violence. Any other take away is window dressing and I expected better of you OT.

Check out the suicide rates of both countries and explain the difference. The fact that there is a difference indicates that neither country is like the other country.

By the way, I didn't back pedal a damn thing.
Old 01-25-2016, 03:21 PM   #37
Old-T
Valued Poster

Utter BS.

So, the only allowable comparison is the one that supports your hypothesis? Sort of supports it a little?

No, the FACT is that Canada has a significantly lower death rate from guns, and they have stricter gun laws.

Suicides are due to a lot of other factors. Not really sure what point you are making with that comment. Personally I doubt anyone commits suicide because they are distraught over gun laws either way.

The only person saying gun laws should be held up to a perfect standard of zero mass killings is you. The Canadians have tough gun laws, the Canadians have much fewer gun deaths per capita. How in the world does that say strict gun laws don't reduce gun fatalities?

PS: On this point WTF happens to agree with me. Go back into the records and you will find he and I are far from always on the same side of things. Hell, I even agreed with IB on a point not too far back.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 03:28 PM   #38
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Quote:
Should it be aganist the law to purchase and own RPG's?
Even though it's not technically a firearm it is already illegal as well as a AK47 or any other fully automatic firearm unless you have a special permit such as a collector or curator
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 03:55 PM   #39
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Quote:
Utter BS.

So, the only allowable comparison is the one that supports your hypothesis? Sort of supports it a little?

No, the FACT is that Canada has a significantly lower death rate from guns, and they have stricter gun laws.

Suicides are due to a lot of other factors. Not really sure what point you are making with that comment. Personally I doubt anyone commits suicide because they are distraught over gun laws either way.

The only person saying gun laws should be held up to a perfect standard of zero mass killings is you. The Canadians have tough gun laws, the Canadians have much fewer gun deaths per capita. How in the world does that say strict gun laws don't reduce gun fatalities?

PS: On this point WTF happens to agree with me. Go back into the records and you will find he and I are far from always on the same side of things. Hell, I even agreed with IB on a point not too far back.
I hate belaboring the point but suicide is a human function. It is not partisan and I don't know who said it had anything to do with gun laws (it wasn't me). Since it is a human function then two countries with similar values, similar cultures, and similar life styles should have very similar suicide stats...unless there is a difference. That's my point! The US and Canada have very different suicide rates so there has to be an underlying difference in the two countries. For instance, we don't have a TV show that has been referred to as A Little Mosque on the Prairie like Canada. We don't have back bacon and we do have a military. That could explain the suicide rate, PTSD and all.

The left likes to jump on each and every mass shooting as some sort of proof of their ridiculous postion. I was returning the favor. Kind of like highlighting a shooting in England, Norway, or France.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:13 PM   #40
Old-T
Valued Poster

You can point out individual data points in any country you want, but every individual data point has the variability of different individuals, locations, situations. Only in some aggregate can you hope to make some sense of it in any correlation terms.

I have never said any specific mass murder "proves" that changes to gun laws would or would not make things better. But when you have aggregated data of sufficient size you CAN start to pull out trends and correlations. As a group people do not behave deterministicly, they behave statistically. And here the aggregate data screams out that there is a statistical difference between gun deaths in the US and Canada.

If you want to say it is because of the kind of bacon available, I have no data to disprove your hypothesis. But it seems far more likely that differences in gun violence are more related to differences in gun availability. Especially when on a statistical level you see similar things in other countries.

What do you think is the most likely cause? Climate? Amount of maple syrup consumed? The fact that Canadian stamps often have QEII on them?

And if you believe there is NO valid connection then why did you bring it up?
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 05:22 PM   #41
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

It is estimated 22 vets are committing suicide daily. A lot over 50 years old.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 08:03 AM   #42
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
I hate belaboring the point but suicide is a human function. It is not partisan and I don't know who said it had anything to do with gun laws (it wasn't me). Since it is a human function then two countries with similar values, similar cultures, and similar life styles should have very similar suicide stats...unless there is a difference. That's my point! The US and Canada have very different suicide rates so there has to be an underlying difference in the two countries. .
You do know your lies can be fact checked? Please tell me the huge difference in suicide rates in each country. There is a huge difference on how they kill themselves as many more are by handgun here in the States.

Here, we find that on whole, both trends we observed in the earlier chart appear to hold. We also observe that both the United States and Canada sees a similar rate of suicides each year, with Canada averaging 11.5 suicides per 100,000 people and the U.S. averaging just a bit lower at 11.0 suicides per 100,000 people in the years from 2000 through 2007.
So on the whole then, the U.S. and Canada would appear to be very similar to one another where deaths caused by self-inflicted injuries are concerned. If Canada's population were identical to the United States, it would likely see the same number of suicides each year, or actually a bit more than that, given its slightly higher suicide rate.
Things change dramatically however when we consider the methods by which people in the U.S. and Canada have committed suicide in the years from 2000 through 2007.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 10:54 AM   #43
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
You do know your lies can be fact checked? Please tell me the huge difference in suicide rates in each country. There is a huge difference on how they kill themselves as many more are by handgun here in the States.

Here, we find that on whole, both trends we observed in the earlier chart appear to hold. We also observe that both the United States and Canada sees a similar rate of suicides each year, with Canada averaging 11.5 suicides per 100,000 people and the U.S. averaging just a bit lower at 11.0 suicides per 100,000 people in the years from 2000 through 2007.
So on the whole then, the U.S. and Canada would appear to be very similar to one another where deaths caused by self-inflicted injuries are concerned. If Canada's population were identical to the United States, it would likely see the same number of suicides each year, or actually a bit more than that, given its slightly higher suicide rate.
Things change dramatically however when we consider the methods by which people in the U.S. and Canada have committed suicide in the years from 2000 through 2007.
You're a fucking genius!
bambino is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 11:05 AM   #44
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
You're a fucking genius!
I did bet on Denver two weeks in a row...
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:15 PM   #45
The_Waco_Kid
AKA Admiral Waco Kid

Encounters: 1

Quote:
I did bet on Denver two weeks in a row...
then bet on noodle arm manning to beat the young gun cam and lose your money.

SuperBowl CHAMPS!
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women