Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70710
biomed162543
Yssup Rider60381
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48446
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41564
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35937
Mojojo33117

Old 04-01-2013, 05:20 AM   #31
Bwenze
Valued Poster

Encounters: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO'shayRabbitt View Post
Roma has been part of the problem for the Cowboys. I don't think any sane person can dispute that. But--this is just my opinion--Romo is easily in the top 10 QBs in the NFL. There are lots of teams who have worse QBs.
Big Ben, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning etc, have done more with much less. Give
me another reason why Romo has been so spectacularly successless in spite of
having the likes of DeMarcus ware to give him the ball back with more regularity
than any other QB in his division, and the skills of TO, Witten and Co, and to
do something with balls that he delivers to them...

Truth be told, the professional teams of the NFL are at most 5 points different
all things being equal. The difference between the losers and the winner is the
never-die, and will to win mentality of Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Big Ben
and all the other QBs who can actually show something for the time they have
been at the helm of their teams. Tony Romo is not like that. I suspect that
in the last minutes when the game in doubt, he spends his time dreaming of
excuses, and the facial expression designed to convey the most contrition-
in particular the one where rolls in the tongue in his cheeks while uttering the
ridiculous statement that "this one leaves a bitter taste in the mouth"

Tony Romo is a journey man who does well when things are going well. He never
fails to crumble in the face of adversity. His one play off win in 7 seasons indicates
the aberration and not the promise of what could be. No one has been done less
with more than Mr Romo has.

In a fair world, Jerry would throw the dice and find a QB who desires to win. Tony
Romo would be the backup, and the Cowboys would actually put up a fight
rather than roll over all the time, and let RG3 beat them at home and away...\\

All those who make excuses for Romo are suckers for Jerry's bullshit. It is time
to demand results, and stop drinking this bullshit coolaid; I am afraid, however,
that Jerry thinks that those who complain about the 16 year lack of success
are spoiled and insatiable. He feels that has delivered 3 Super Bowls and owes
the fans nothing more...
Bwenze is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:26 AM   #32
Bwenze
Valued Poster

Encounters: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercat View Post
All I can say is I don't plan to buy any tickets to Cowboys games, so Jerry can spend all of the season ticket holders' money anyway he likes. As long as people are dumb enough to support Jerry financially, he can do anything the salary cap allows.

Is Tony worth it? Should the money have been spent on an offensive line, and a defense? Would a real coach, with authority to coach, make a difference? Is it really all because Jerry is an idiot?

The debate about Jerry has been ongoing since February 25, 1989 or so. Sporting events are a game of what ifs and Monday morning quarterbacks have never changed the win-loss record of ay team.

Jerry Jones is a guy who likes to throw his money around to prove he is big shit. I despise guys like that, so his failure is something I can enjoy. Jerry will never get over his Napoleon Bonaparte syndrome (little man's disease for those of you without an understanding of history.) He loves the ability to put people on his payroll and then control them. I guess Tony decided that the money (and maybe finishing out his career in DFW for family reasons) was more important than some silly old ring.
$100 million QB not withstanding, the Cowboys are going to finish 4th out of 4
Bwenze is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:28 AM   #33
Prolongus
Sanity Check...

Encounters: 122

Jerry Jones just insured 6 more years of no Super Bowl by signing a non-playoff caliber "deer in the headlights" quarterback.
Prolongus is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:12 AM   #34
Luke Skywalker
Valued Poster

Encounters: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenMonk View Post
Most guaranteed money in NFL history: Tom Brady, $57 million; Tony Romo, $55 million; Drew Brees, $55 million: Joe Flacco, $51 million... One of these things is NOT like the others...

LOL I almost feel sorry for Cowgirl fans... wait no I don't...
Tom Brady is the only one that makes less money than his wife....
Luke Skywalker is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:18 PM   #35
KenMonk
Premium Access

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by luiz7667 View Post
Tom Brady is the only one that makes less money than his wife....
She makes double his salary but what does he get in endorsements etc? It would be interesting to see that figure.
KenMonk is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #36
misspriss
Account Disabled

User ID: 141639

Be nice to Romo

The facts are he is one of the best in the league. Check your stats, he's right up there. True he isn't Peyton, Brees or Brady but he's got potential.

I believe in him and think we've got a great team - we can do it AND my prediction is soon enough many Romo haters will be eating crow.

IMHO, Jerry did a smart thing. Just when everyone was turning on him, Jerry set the precedent....as he should. He showed EVERYONE, most importantly Romo - that he is a valuable member of the Cowboys franchise.

I think Romo may have lost a little of his pep - Jerry just proved he believes in him. With that sort of encouragement, how can he not feel the wind beneath his wings? He hasn't peaked yet, soon enough he'll be flying. (fingers crossed)

At the very least, he's a nice guy and shows sportsmanship every professional athlete should strive for.

This is our year
misspriss is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #37
Prolongus
Sanity Check...

Encounters: 122

Stats don't speak of performance under pressure, Misspriss... when it counts. When you absolutely have do what it takes to win a game to stay in the playoffs.
Just don't see it with Romo and giving him that kind of money isn't gonna make him an hungrier to do it.
Prolongus is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:13 PM   #38
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Evans View Post
Tony Romo. Tony Homo. He sucks.
True enough - giving all that money to Romo appears ill advised.
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:06 AM   #39
Boltfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwenze View Post
Give
me another reason why Romo has been so spectacularly successless in spite of
having the likes of DeMarcus ware to give him the ball back with more regularity
than any other QB in his division,
You aints got to lie Craig...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...take/year/2009

Perhaps you should revise your statement. Cowboys haven't led the division in turnovers since the 2007 season. Since then they had come in 2nd twice and finished 3rd or last the other 3 years.

Oh, you meant sacks? Yeah, they sucked there too. Oh, the led the NFC East in sacks in 2012, but the entire NFC East sucked in 2012. They finished 9th in the NFC, behind all other division winners and behind 3 of 4 teams from the NFC North (oh, they didn't even beat Detroit, just tied them). In the previous years, they sucked, not leading the division since 2008.

Hate Romo all you like, but damn don't make up shit to hate on him.
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:53 AM   #40
BossyWillson
Valued Poster

BossyWillson is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:23 AM   #41
Guest070313
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Sandcastle View Post
You aints got to lie Craig...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...take/year/2009

Perhaps you should revise your statement. Cowboys haven't led the division in turnovers since the 2007 season. Since then they had come in 2nd twice and finished 3rd or last the other 3 years.

Oh, you meant sacks? Yeah, they sucked there too. Oh, the led the NFC East in sacks in 2012, but the entire NFC East sucked in 2012. They finished 9th in the NFC, behind all other division winners and behind 3 of 4 teams from the NFC North (oh, they didn't even beat Detroit, just tied them). In the previous years, they sucked, not leading the division since 2008.

Hate Romo all you like, but damn don't make up shit to hate on him.

I'm with you guys. Lots of uneducated people here when it comes to football.
Guest070313 is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:35 AM   #42
Boltfan

Most Romo haters are generally doing it out of a serious lack of grasping the realities of the game. Yeah, he fucks up on occasion. He also has brilliant stretches of football on occasion that, given the running game, O-line and coaching staff, are frankly remarkable.

Does he try to make the hero play, the hero pass, etc. too often for some people's taste? Likely so, but consider if you only had Peyton or Brady in there. Sacks, up. INT, the same (or more from all the hits). Fumbles, many more, same reason. Likely the only guy capable of surviving would be Aaron Rodgers due to his mobility.

In this league, with what players make, his deal is justified. Want to win 4-5 games a year, and have Jerry blow even higher picks year after year? Then by all means play without the likes of Romo.
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:46 AM   #43
nosweat
Valued Poster

Encounters: 60

I am going to disagree with the Romo haters (and not because I know his father in law pretty well)...I think he is on any other team he has at least one if not a couple of rings.. Problem is he tries to do too much because he does not have the supporting cast. Put him in position where he does not have to make bad decisions under pressure and his percentages go way up.. and for the record I am NOT a Cowboy fan.. I like to see them do well being a local BUT.... GO NINERS!!!
nosweat is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:08 PM   #44
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectly Imperfect View Post
I'm with you guys. Lots of uneducated people here when it comes to football.
Imagine that - uneducated football fans!
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #45
Papa Noel
Ambassador

My ECCIE Reviews

Sounds like a lot of envy/jealousy to me. But haters gonna hate. I haven't cared to much for Cowboy management since Clint Murchison sold them.

In 1989, JJ bought the Cowboys for $140 million dollars. In 2012, Forbes valued the Cowboys at $1.85 billion. Not a bad return on investment. Forbes ranks Cowboys as 3rd most valuable sports franchise in the world, tied with the Yankees. Manchester United and Real Madrid are the only sports teams worth more.

Just be glad there is a salary cap or Jerry would be like the Yankees and have all the top talent under contract.
Papa Noel is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women