Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70748
biomed162865
Yssup Rider60546
gman4453253
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48519
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42047
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36410
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 08-15-2012, 01:22 PM   #31
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

What is she, if not a champion of free market economics? What does that have to do with her religious beliefs?
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #32
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post

Why is it that if someone respects a person, they have to buy into everything that person says? Can we not respect some aspects, and reject others? Does the fact that we reject some aspect automatically discredit the opinions we do respect?
Exactly COG, I respect her views on Religion and not on her free market BS about taking all the toys and moving to Galt's Gulch.

I am making fun of you folks that actually get off to her simplistic book on free enterprise. 7th grade BS is wtf it is and I reserve the right to make fun of you exactly as much as you are able to make fun of me.

I R O N Y GOG.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #33
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
I am making fun of you folks who worship Ayn Rand , a nonfiction writer, as some champion of free market enterprise, while you fail to acknowledge her championing facts and logic instead of blind faith! I know that will go over you Tea Nuts heads but that is damn funny to a fellow like myself who comes on this site for the irony!

third chance and you have changed at every turn..there is no consistency or logic

its impossible to discuss anything with you

if someone says black you will say white then if white isnt correct you maintain you meant grey all along
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #34
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
What is she, if not a champion of free market economics? What does that have to do with her religious beliefs?
She though people's religious beliefs got in the way of the free market!
You dumb SOB! Have you not read he Bio's?

So let me recap...You admire he free market beliefs except the ones you don't! Because she sure as fuck thought modern day religion got in the way of free enterprise

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #35
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

How do you know my views on religion, WDF? And the fact that you don't like free markets doesn't mean it's wrong. She was a very compelling and articulate spokesperson for market economics, and the evils of government intervention. Hardly 7th grade BS.

And don't presume to know my religion, if any, WDF. It only makes you sound stupider, if that were possible.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #36
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Do you think ,I think, I will change your mind? No. I post because I like to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post

Then quit, just STFU. Move on. Stop quoting me. You can easily end our conversations... Why bitch if you already know you can not talk your form of logic to me?

Sounds like that is your problem, not mine.

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:37 PM   #37
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

The liberals that I know (older, affluent, and mostly from the New York area) always point to Jane Jacobs as one of their intellectual heros.....she was an influential writer and activist...she was a model for many of the hard core New York progressives I grew up with.

Reason Magazine seemed to be a strong admirer of her; why I can't figure. It always made me suspcious of their libertarian dogma.

Quote:
The reason there is no liberal version of Ayn Rand is because no one has ever struggled and risked their lives to escape the yoke of freedom, and then wrote about its horrors.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #38
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
third chance and you have changed at every turn..there is no consistency or logic

if someone says black you will say white then if white isnt correct you maintain you meant grey all along
The ignore button can be a useful tool. WTF doesn't seriously discuss the issues. He's just fucking around.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #39
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Then quit, just STFU. Move on. Stop quoting me. You can easily end our conversations... Why bitch if you already know you can not talk your form of logic to me?

Sounds like that is your problem, not mine.

its sort of against my nature to continue to rub your misstatements in but you quoted me first, i think it was #17

after that ..well its hard to give up when i'm winning
Old 08-15-2012, 01:45 PM   #40
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
The ignore button can be a useful tool. WTF doesn't seriously discuss the issues. He's just fucking around.
i know WTF..we go back..he's serious until he can't maintain his posts as serious any longer and joking is his fallback position or he has been known to resort to discussing some non sequitur deep into an exchange as if that was his point
Old 08-15-2012, 01:55 PM   #41
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Have you ever read the Book? Maybe a review from an educated man.

http://aynrandcontrahumannature.blog...-of-atlas.html

Since a great many of us dislike much that Miss Rand dislikes, quite as heartily as she does, many incline to take her at her word. It is the more persuasive, in some quarters, because the author deals wholly in the blackest blacks and the whitest whites. In this fiction everything, everybody, is either all good or all bad, without any of those intermediate shades which, in life, complicate reality and perplex the eye that seeks to probe it truly. This kind of simplifying pattern, of course, gives charm to most primitive story known as: The War between the Children of Light and the Children of Darkness. In modern dress, it is a class war. Both sides to it are caricatures.

Here is wtf William Buckely had to say about Atlas...Damning to say the least.
http://www.democraticunderground.com...ess=385x601040
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:04 PM   #42
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Of course I've read the book, several of Rand's books, I might add. And just because you found one reviewer that didn't like her books, doesn't negate all the good reviews and catalysts for change her book has spawned.

And Buckley wasn't always right. He was an establishment Republican. I'm not surprised he didn't like Rand. Buckley thought people should think like him. Rand thought people should think for themselves.

Besides, I can decide for myself whether or not to like Ayn Rand. I don't need other people to support it. I'm glad when they do, and if they don't, so what? If they have a point, I will listen, and decide. If they have no point, like you, I don't waste my time on them.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:04 PM   #43
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Spoiler alert: Male Mules can not have offspring

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post

Serious discussion and Tea Party supporters never comingle.
It is impossible to have one with the other.
Tea Nutterss are the male equivalent of mule trying to have offspring's. Fun for the Mule but a waste of time for everybody else...
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:06 PM   #44
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

WDF has never encouraged serious discussion, he only interrupts it with inanity.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:07 PM   #45
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
. Buckley thought people should think like him. Rand thought people should think for themselves.
I R O N Y ALERT

Rand thought people should think like her.

btw I can find thousands of reviews on how simplistic the fucking book is.
WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women