Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70762
biomed163017
Yssup Rider60660
gman4453276
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48591
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42298
CryptKicker37204
The_Waco_Kid36735
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 02-14-2021, 12:54 PM   #16
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Democrats again showed who they really are.

They had nothing of substance . . .they couldn't even get the Supreme Court involved.
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 01:03 PM   #17
HedonistForever
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
Silver lining maybe??

We can now hold the dims to this same standard! Next time they encourage the rioters and looters then even bail them out. We got'em.

Nope. Trump's lawyers did a brilliant job of trying to hold Democrats, especially Vice President Harris, to the same standard and by looking at the MSM and sorry to say even some right leaning pundits, they did not succeed and I see no reason that Democrats will ever be that honest with themselves.

But maybe, just maybe, if Republicans re-take the House and Senate. The House can impeach VP Harris for the exact same thing they tried to impeach Trump for, inciting violence, but it would probably need a dozen or more Democrats relative to the make up of the Senate needing 67 votes to convict that she would walk but that would be OK with me because it would be equal justice under the law.
HedonistForever is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 01:46 PM   #18
winn dixie
BANNED

Encounters: 22

I'm sure the dims are gonna be very selective of the court they file in.
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 02:03 PM   #19
oeb11
Valued Poster

For teh DPST/ccp - it is not Equality under the Rule of Law

but political persecution in their Star Chamber subverted courts.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 02:07 PM   #20
HedonistForever
Valued Poster

Quote:

Georgia and New York are the likely States I would think.

HedonistForever is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 02:15 PM   #21
winn dixie
BANNED

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedonistForever View Post
Georgia and New York are the likely States I would think.
Agree. However I think the democrats already have their game plan in motion to get the Judge of their liking in a friendly area.
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 02:52 PM   #22
LexusLover
Valued Poster

WTF has trouble making criminal liability calls.

The Dumbocrats are wasting time and shooting themselves in their feet.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 05:34 PM   #23
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Teflon Don
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 05:35 PM   #24
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default You probably thought Hillary was running again

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
WTF has trouble making criminal liability calls.

The Dumbocrats are wasting time and shooting themselves in their feet.
You seemed to have trouble making the last Presidential call.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 05:52 PM   #25
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default I pulled a HF post. Long AF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
until dimocrats change their fraudulent ways

until they quit demeaning half of America

until they actually return to honoring the constitution

until they stop dividing americans

trump will have a voice
These Republicans think differently:

Senate Republicans are warning that they no longer view former President Trump as the leader of the party amid growing signs that they are ready to turn the page after a chaotic four years.

Though only seven of the 50 GOP senators voted to find Trump "guilty" at the end of his second impeachment trial, Republicans, including those who voted to acquit, are plotting a future where Trump is no longer their center of gravity after years of dominating their day-to-day lives.

Trump is showing no signs of going away, saying in a statement after the trial concluded that the MAGA movement was just getting started. But Republicans say he has a diminished following and competition for the party's top spot.

"He's made it pretty difficult to gain support. As you can tell, there's some support that will never go away, but I think that is a shrinking population and probably shrinks a little bit after this week," said Sen. Kevin Cramer (R-N.D.), who has aligned himself closely with Trump since being elected in 2018.

Sen. Mike Braun (R-Ind.), asked about the chance that Trump would take a victory lap, floated that Trump should carefully consider his next steps.

"I think whatever the president intends to do in the future would take a lot of soul searching. ... I am more concerned about how we rebuild the party in a way that brings in more people to it," added Braun, who voted to acquit Trump.

The shifting underscores how Trump's actions have deeply fractured Senate Republicans in the wake of Jan. 6, with GOP senators saying Trump shouldn't feel vindicated just because he was acquitted of inciting an insurrection.

The shifts were on full display in recent days: Most Republicans have been careful not to defend Trump personally, members of the caucus have privately discussed whether there would be enough support to censure the president and the seven GOP senators who voted to convict Trump spanned fiscal conservative to moderates.

"The president has very badly damaged his reputation. ... He'll be remembered throughout history as the president who resorted to nonlegal steps to try to hold on to power," Sen. Pat Toomey (Pa.), one of the seven GOP senators, said.

Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.) said the vote was "absolutely not" Republicans endorsing Trump's language and behavior. The former president urged his supporters to march on the Capitol on Jan. 6 while then-Vice President Mike Pence and lawmakers were certifying President Biden's Electoral College win.

"There's no way. You can't defend much of what happened in the last almost three months since the Nov. 3 election," Thune said.

There's little sign that Trump is listening, with the former president and his legal team making it clear that they view the acquittal as a vindication that could catapult him back into the public spotlight.

"This has been yet another phase of the greatest witch hunt in the history of our Country. ... Our historic, patriotic and beautiful movement to Make America Great Again has only just begun," Trump said in a statement.

And Republicans face headaches even as they are making it clear they want to move on. Trump retains an iron grip on a chunk of the party base - the same voters Republicans will need if they want to win back the House and Senate next year.

Outside the Senate, the divide among Republicans about how to handle the larger-than-life figure who proved toxic with swing voters but sparks deep loyalty among some Republicans is on full display.

Former Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley, who has 2024 ambitions of her own, made waves when Politico published an article quoting her stating that Trump "went down a path he shouldn't have, and we shouldn't have followed him, and we shouldn't have listened to him."

Meanwhile, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) told reporters that he was going to be meeting with Trump soon to discuss the future of the party. Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) said Trump "remains the most popular Republican in the country," and Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-La.) was quickly censured for his vote to convict.

Thune, against whom Trump threatened to back a primary challenger, floated that the party needed to retain the former president's voters in a way that's "unifying and hopeful and optimistic."

"The floor is starting to open a little bit now" for others, he said. "Certainly it seems clear that the former president wants to continue to have a role, but I think there's going to be opportunities for new leaders to emerge who can articulate new vision."

Trump has been the driving factor of the Republican Party since he rose to power. But since 2017, Republicans have lost the White House, House and Senate.

Several GOP senators indicated that they no longer believe Trump is the leader of the party. That position, they argued, is empty, and if Trump wants it back they believe he'll face competition.

"Losing the bully pulpit is a big difference. I think that [we're] already beginning to see some groundwork being laid by other people who aspire to succeed him," said Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas).

Cornyn also signaled he thinks Trump will have a diminished role in the day-to-day conversation in the Capitol, saying, "We won't keep talking about his tweets or what he did or did not do."

Sen. James Inhofe (R-Okla.) also said the top spot was empty and that there would be competition for who would fill the power vacuum left by Trump.

"I think there's competition for that role right now," Inhofe said, adding that the former president was among the competitors.

Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) pointed to Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) as the leader of the party now with Trump out of office.

McConnell, who is stylistically opposite a president he stuck closely to for four years, offered blistering criticism of Trump after the Senate's vote, laying the blame for the Jan. 6 attack at the former president's feet.

"There's no question, none, that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day. No question about it," McConnell said.

McConnell also appeared to tip his hand to legal repercussions the former president could face, adding that Trump was "still liable" in the court system and "didn't get away with anything yet."

Trump has flirted publicly with a 2024 presidential run, a move senators have privately discounted after the attack.

Cramer, while acknowledging many of his constituents still support Trump, said it would be "hard" for him to back the former president if he runs again. Murkowski said she didn't see how Trump could become president again after the riot.

Several other GOP senators tried to sidestep the issue while not embracing a second White House bid.

"Whether he even runs, that's his decision. Whether he could get reelected, that would be the decision of the voters," said Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.).

"I think the president's actions since the election have been extremely disappointing and not something that I have agreed with and not something that I ever want to see again," said Sen. Mike Rounds (R-S.D.). Rounds added that he thought it was too early to talk 2024 except to say there will be "some very qualified candidates."

Rubio, who is also viewed as having White House ambitions, told reporters that he had too many "real" problems to opine on the potential that Trump could run again in 2024.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 06:40 PM   #26
Levianon17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Oh but in a court of law....with a jury selected from the Atlanta area,let us see how he fares
About the same. One reason is, in all of Congress's efforts to rid Trump from office and failing at every attempt they look vindictive now and that's not good. They are much better off just moving on.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 09:36 PM   #27
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levianon17 View Post
About the same. One reason is, in all of Congress's efforts to rid Trump from office and failing at every attempt they look vindictive now and that's not good. They are much better off just moving on.
I do not disagree with that analysis.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 02:57 AM   #28
LexusLover
Valued Poster

That was WTF's Trayvon Martin claim .... get a biased jury.

WTF is not concerned with FACTS.
Old 02-15-2021, 02:59 AM   #29
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
You seemed to have trouble making the last Presidential call.
You too! Or did you know there were was going to be voter-fraud?

Since fake ballots are ok now, let's see how the next one goes.
Old 02-15-2021, 06:44 AM   #30
Jacuzzme
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

The senators quoted in that article are living in a fantasy land. Trump would EASILY get the Republican nomination if he wants it. It’s only politicians who don’t like him. His support from the people is as strong, or stronger, than its ever been.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women