Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70762
biomed163017
Yssup Rider60654
gman4453276
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48588
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42279
CryptKicker37201
The_Waco_Kid36734
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 06-19-2015, 11:18 AM   #16
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by WombRaider View Post
So now we're crying over spilt milk? It's done. What good is wringing our hands over it going to do?
Of course, anything that Bush did was over six years ago. So why are you wringing your soiled panties over it? Can you say hypocrite and gotcha?
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 02:44 PM   #17
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
So now we're crying over spilt milk? It's done. What good is wringing our hands over it going to do?
Nothing if we don't learn from it. And an attitude like yours guarantees that we don't learn from it.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 02:58 PM   #18
Old-T
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post

Just outrageous. You don't know what we do to be SOx, Export Compliant, PCI compliant, etc and the govt can do whatever shit it wants...especially use the excuse we outsourced it to contractors so they don't have to be responsible for various process and security procedures they themselves imposed.
Much of that comes directly back to excessive cuts in DNI and DoD people/budgets. Cut below reasonable safety levels. Do you k ow the ave number of parts on GS-7 or 9 is expected to be an "expert" in? A few years back that number was 250,000. They were supposed to--among other things--be expert I the manufacturing process, testing (what test equipment does it go on that might contaminate it), and storage/shipping. Most of this low-bidder to comply with law that long predates Obama or Bush. That is 12.5 per hour, every hour. Less than five minutes per year to track all the benders, subcontractors, and sources not only of parts but of peripheral equipment. And, to do it right, all those min wage security guards, etc. I am quite sure YOU could assure complete safety in 5 minutes. With no money for plant inspections.

And then, since that all represents wasteful"big government" we decree it can be done with 20% fewer people and less money (thank you, Congress).

Moron.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 06:57 PM   #19
WombRaider
Account Disabled

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
Nothing if we don't learn from it. And an attitude like yours guarantees that we don't learn from it.
I never said don't learn from it. I see you've learned the art of putting words in people's mouths.
WombRaider is offline   Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 07:24 PM   #20
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Much of that comes directly back to excessive cuts in DNI and DoD people/budgets. Cut below reasonable safety levels. Do you k ow the ave number of parts on GS-7 or 9 is expected to be an "expert" in? A few years back that number was 250,000. They were supposed to--among other things--be expert I the manufacturing process, testing (what test equipment does it go on that might contaminate it), and storage/shipping. Most of this low-bidder to comply with law that long predates Obama or Bush. That is 12.5 per hour, every hour. Less than five minutes per year to track all the benders, subcontractors, and sources not only of parts but of peripheral equipment. And, to do it right, all those min wage security guards, etc. I am quite sure YOU could assure complete safety in 5 minutes. With no money for plant inspections.

And then, since that all represents wasteful"big government" we decree it can be done with 20% fewer people and less money (thank you, Congress).

Moron.
Old-Turfer and his dog Astro...
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 07:34 PM   #21
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Another great thread SLOBBRIN.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 07:46 PM   #22
lustylad
Premium Access

Encounters: 10

Quote:
I never said don't learn from it. I see you've learned the art of putting words in people's mouths.

Ok, undercunt. I won't put words in your mouth. Why don't you tell us what YOU learned from it?
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 07:56 PM   #23
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Another great thread SLOBBRIN.

Thanks ShitEater the astro-dog.
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:23 PM   #24
The_Waco_Kid
AKA Admiral Waco Kid

Encounters: 1

Quote:

Just outrageous. You don't know what we do to be SOx, Export Compliant, PCI compliant, etc and the govt can do whatever shit it wants...especially use the excuse we outsourced it to contractors so they don't have to be responsible for various process and security procedures they themselves imposed.
777 = world writable and in this case world readable.
that this happened under Odumbo's watch is either gross incompetence or he allowed it. i mean, he's a closet commie isn't he? along with the many other closets he lives in.

tra la la .. a la la la

The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 01:42 PM   #25
Old-T
Valued Poster

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Ok, undercunt. I won't put words in your mouth. Why don't you tell us what YOU learned from it?
As scary as it might seem I will agree with LL on this point. Before we designate this to "old history", what do you think the lesson should be? Not the finger pointing, but the way forward.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 07:09 PM   #26
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Much of that comes directly back to excessive cuts in DNI and DoD people/budgets. Cut below reasonable safety levels....

Moron.
You're the moron. They didn't have to give their contractor "root" necessarily. It's like Snowden finding out that he could look up anybody's information...he was a contractor...there were no controls or they weren't complying with the controls. The controls may not cost that much.

Most IT organisations have had to do "more with less" for the last decade. We have to comply with broad Fed regulations. The Fed regulations like Sarbanes-Oxley specifically exclude the Federal govt from having to comply with it the act. Do you think the CEO can tell Fed regulators "we don't have the money to comply?" The fines would still stack up.

Stop blaming budget cuts. The Obamacare web site is a example of govt IT project or oversight of IT project competence and cost over runs. And they basically had a blank check.

You're an old fool.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:56 PM   #27
Old-T
Valued Poster

Quote:
You're the moron. They didn't have to give their contractor "root" necessarily. It's like Snowden finding out that he could look up anybody's information...he was a contractor...there were no controls or they weren't complying with the controls. The controls may not cost that much.

Most IT organisations have had to do "more with less" for the last decade. We have to comply with broad Fed regulations. The Fed regulations like Sarbanes-Oxley specifically exclude the Federal govt from having to comply with it the act. Do you think the CEO can tell Fed regulators "we don't have the money to comply?" The fines would still stack up.

Stop blaming budget cuts. The Obamacare web site is a example of govt IT project or oversight of IT project competence and cost over runs. And they basically had a blank check. True, but the cause is incompetent people, caused by bad personnel laws and implementation. And if you think that started with Obama you are even dumber than I give you credit for. But then you don't really care to address what I said--I never claimed there wasn't enough money spent on IT, just not in the right ways/places.

You're an old fool.

I will stop claiming it in budget cuts and stupid legislation when indeed it stops being caused by budget cuts and stupid legislation.

You are quick to shout "moron" when you are the one who is happy to be ignorant.

Why do contractors have root access? because there generally are few to no experienced, competent government IT people. Why? Because the GS GG and DR pay scales are not competitive for those people--and the OPM regs & the pertinent legislation makes it near impossible to pay the key IT technical folks at a pay scale different from less competitive job series.

Add to that the impossibility of getting rid of people just because their skills are no longer needed and replace them with what we now need. No, we have senior managers who have been obsolete for years still being put into senior manager positions--and they are often shoved into technical areas like IT because the personnel system can't hire enough competent senior managers and they have to put them somewhere.

Revise the personnel regs, retire/move out the ones with outdated talents that don't match what we need now, pay a competitive rate for the top technical people. But no, the REP mindset is a big indiscriminate meat cleaver--strictly concerned about the salaries, not what we get for it.

It IS an issue of not having the right people because the near-200 year old civil service approach needs major overhaul. Rumsfeld had that one very right.

PS: I thought you were ignoring me? Just curious.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 10:29 PM   #28
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Old-T,

Almost ALL major enterprise software has set up instructions, different roles and responsibilities, and permission.security recommendations. I can guarantee you that even the stupidest government SA/DBA has changed the default password from their outdated SQL 2000 Server admin account.

But you've seem to move the target, it was a cost issue. Now its a can't fire a govt employee issue.

You're back on ignore.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 10:48 PM   #29
WombRaider
Account Disabled

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Since when do you get to ask me shit? Down on your knees, fool. What does it matter who learned what. I'm not in charge of the fucking data security and neither are you.
WombRaider is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 11:14 PM   #30
The_Waco_Kid
AKA Admiral Waco Kid

Encounters: 1

Quote:

Stop blaming budget cuts. The Obamacare web site is a example of govt IT project or oversight of IT project competence and cost over runs. And they basically had a blank check.

You're an old fool.
exactly right. even on a shoestring budget the obamacare website was a 4th rate attempt at 1990's web standards in 2014. shameful.

Quote:
Old-T,

Almost ALL major enterprise software has set up instructions, different roles and responsibilities, and permission.security recommendations. I can guarantee you that even the stupidest government SA/DBA has changed the default password from their outdated SQL 2000 Server admin account.

But you've seem to move the target, it was a cost issue. Now its a can't fire a govt employee issue.

You're back on ignore.
in fact, no modern server setup would pass any "go-live" standards with default passwords. here's a term for you to consider. EPV. Enterprise Password Vault. also consider this .. keon. Keyboard Interactive Logon. also known as BoKS. it is all based on roles. the SA's have root, DBA's have their oracle login, etc. if these fools cut so much costs on a government contract to NOT follow such basic modern IT standards, it should be an act of treason. really, it should. this is supposed to be secure data yes? then why wasn't it protected as such? while no data is truly secure, it seems like these third rate bums didn't even try.

that said, even with audit controls, you can job the system. all it takes is a ticket in any enterprise incident system such as HP service center to gain access. should audit controls flag it? maybe, maybe not. the point is even with the BEST access controls the system can be accessed "live" and no audit controls software is likely to catch it in progress.

i work for a "big bank". the point is that we allow only sensitive access to employees "in the nation of origin and responsibility", meaning Chinese SA's, contractors or full time employees, are barred from root access to USA based servers. only US based SA's can access root. likewise, only SA's from foreign based servers such as Singapore are allowed root to their servers.

if these fools allowed non-USA based access to Chinese based contractors then this is essentially at best an act of sheer stupidity or an act or wanton treason. you decide.

The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women