Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70709
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60373
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48442
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41546
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35922
Mojojo33117

Old 07-27-2018, 09:12 AM   #16
dallasfan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 89

The employees could have handle this much better but they were trying to protect their employers business.

That is the sad thing is that this criminal is likely going to get a pretty good settlement from McDonald’s. And this is usually the case now a days. The criminals get rich from committing crimes. This time it was the McDonald’s police getting the bad rap
dallasfan is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 09:13 AM   #17
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManSlut View Post
Criminally, the soda thief fucked up by throwing the liquid at Mountain Bitch, this was the 1st physical act in the scenario and Mountain Bitch will be deemed as defending herself after that act, but the Soda Thief will win an Out of Court Settlement with McDonald’s based on the employees actions regardless of who started it.
yes, but Mountain Bitch went way beyond the range of normal reaction, when she beat the little soda thrower to a pulp. although as TTH said, she wasn't half trying.

and as said earlier, that $1 soda reeks of profit, it was really more like theft of a nickel. people that pay the $1 fee refill several times, at their leisure, without getting smacked by Mountain Bitch employees.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 10:31 AM   #18
CG2014
Premium Access

Encounters: 104
Exclamation

I used to manage multi=plex movie theaters, 8 screens, 9 screens, this was before Cinemark and AMC hit the country with their stadium seating theaters with 16-20 screen.

This was late 80's to early 90's.

The water comes from the tap through a filtering system, the CO2 comes in a CO2 tank, the syrup comes in a metal tank (it's now in a plastic bag inside a cardboard box with a spout at the end).

Our inventory computer connected to the cash registers will calculate how many cups, small, medium, large will be yielded from one tank of syrup and CO2 and add the water in the proper mix ratio, and how much profit we will make from each combination of water, CO2 and tank of syrup.

The small was about $2 each, the medium cup was about $3.25 each, the large cup was about $4.50 each.

Then you subtract the price of the cup which costs a few cents to make and the water needed to turn into ice and the electricity needed to run the ice machine.

The estimate was we will make a big profit from each cup and the cost to make a small, medium or large drink was about 5 to 10 cents.

Also the big rip off at movie theater is the cup and not the cost of the contents of the cup.

If you bought a large cup drink and you wanted a small cup, empty, so you can pour some of your large drink into the small cup to share with someone, guess what?

You are paying the full price of that small empty cup, whatever the price of a small drink is nowadays at Cinemark or AMC.

$3.50?

AGAIN, it took them a few pennies to make that cup and print their company logo on it.

So they are making double profit technically, the cup costs them nothing and the content of the cup, the soda drink and the ice which is just tap water, also cost them nothing.

Same for popcorn which is just air, salt, coconut oil, and heat generated by electricity and it costs them about 10 cents to make for a big tub.

I go to movies nowadays I don't buy anything: no drinks, no pop corn with melted butter on it, no candy and definitely no hot dogs with relish or mustard or chili or melted cheese on them and also definitely no nachos with melted cheese on them.

If you knew how many times that stuff (including the hot dog wieners and the cheese and the popcorn butter and the chili) been reheated, frozen overnight, reheated again, left uncovered in the fridge for days before a manager comes along and say we need to use this product up first because it's money out of the window if we don't and once we reheat it, it won't look gross like it does now, you will be sick.

Also have you seen the price for a 16.9 oz bottle water at the movie theater at their concession stands and vending machines scattered throughout the hallways?

$5!!

Absolutely ridiculous!!

A 40 bottles pack of Kirkland bottled water at Costco is $2.79.

Tom Thumb had Safeway brand last week, 24 bottles with 4 bottles bonus per pack, for $1.89 each.

Movie theaters don't make money from the cost of that $6 (first show of the day), $9 (Matinee) and $10-16 ticket.

They have to rent that movie from the studio to get the rights to book it and show it.

The rental is about 89% of the price of each ticket sold they have to give back to the studio in the first 2-3 weeks of the movie's run.

Then as time passes, that 89% can drop to as low as 60%.

They the theater has to pay for employees and those big multi million dollar buildings and the cost of electricity to run all those projection systems.

So they make their money from concession and nowadays many theaters are going beyond popcorn and hot dogs and soda, they are selling full meat and seafood meals and fancy coffee and alcohol at a very high price.
CG2014 is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 10:45 AM   #19
dallasfan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 89

I guess I better watch my back next time I try to sneak torchys tacos and other food into a movie theater.
dallasfan is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 10:48 AM   #20
BLM69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 59

Reminds if this lob sided fight, I personally love the sponsor. FF to the 3:00 minute mark to see the fight without the weigh ins

https://youtu.be/rCFGPsRroL8
BLM69 is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 11:07 AM   #21
CG2014
Premium Access

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasfan View Post
I guess I better watch my back next time I try to sneak torchys tacos and other food into a movie theater.
I've seen women with their big hand bags sneaking in entire buckets of fried chicken or even a whole lasagna.

Cinemark has a new bag policy now.

Quote:
In an effort to enhance the safety and security of our guests and employees:
Any bags or packages measuring larger than 12" x 12" x 6" will not be permitted into the theatre.
Exception: Medical equipment bags and diaper bags.
Cinemark reserves the right to inspect all bags and packages entering the theatre.
I don't think it has anything to do with safety and worrying someone will bring in a firearm. You don't need a bag to bring a handgun in. It fits under your shirt in the waistband of your pants.

It's more to keep people from bringing in their own food and drinks.
Old 07-27-2018, 11:14 AM   #22
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLM69 View Post
Reminds if this lob sided fight, I personally love the sponsor. FF to the 3:00 minute mark to see the fight without the weigh ins

https://youtu.be/rCFGPsRroL8
that was a mismatch from the word "go"! the testosterone level of the big girl is off the charts!

what was the crazy Japanese woman saying at the weigh-in? I couldn't hear it, but it looks like she deserved the beat down.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 01:46 PM   #23
BLM69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG2014 View Post
I've seen women with their big hand bags sneaking in entire buckets of fried chicken or even a whole lasagna.

Cinemark has a new bag policy now.

I don't think it has anything to do with safety and worrying someone will bring in a firearm. You don't need a bag to bring a handgun in. It fits under your shirt in the waistband of your pants.

It's more to keep people from bringing in their own food and drinks.
I always bring in my own snacks and drinks, I'm not paying $20 for a theater snack pack, have also brought in full combos before, they tend to not say anything if you give them the crazy look
BLM69 is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 02:50 PM   #24
CG2014
Premium Access

I bring gatorade and bottled water.

I wear a long t-shirt and put the bottles in my back pockets and side pockets or bring my North Face jacket which has pockets and compartments in it allowing for 5 bottles, even during the Summer time, and if they say anything I say to them you keep the auditoriums too cold but only one usher has said something about me bringing a jacket during the Summer and that was years ago.
Old 07-27-2018, 06:29 PM   #25
Agent220
Premium Access

Encounters: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManSlut View Post
I’m guessing a couple of employees called in sick the day of ‘The Customer Is Always Right’ training...I think the little employee was clearly trying to separate the thief and then had to defend herself when the soda thief wanted no part of it. It’s a shame she had to lose her job too and get criminal charges...This fucking soda thief and soda throwing thief is going to win a settlement with McDonald’s, so sad.

Is that a security officer @ 00:38 not doing shit and walking away from the action and the homeboy from the beginning just faking like he wants to control the Mountain Bitch?
The Customer is Always Right mantra is the biggest crock of shit. 9 times out of 10, the customer is always wrong, poorly reads the fine print and doesn't understand simple policies and rules.

However what must happen 10 out of 10 times is that the customer must always WIN and that includes invoking a feeling that they won.
Agent220 is online now   Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 05:59 PM   #26
Ravasher
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

I stuff my pockets so full of snacks and drinks it has to be obvious. I dont even try and hide it. Never has anyone said a thing to me about it.
Ravasher is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women